Thread: Gulenko's typings of forum members AKA Big G SquaD

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    What are referring to with "integral typings"? Just curious.

I haven't looked at Dario Nardi's work much, he seems to work on areas of the brain and cognitive functions, which is an absolute necessity if Jungian typology is to "level up" to a more serious discipline.

I personally am not a fan of Aushra's terms such as Internal Object Dynamics to refer to Fe because IMO the image it gives is not really connected to anything real. It doesn't feel "concrete". I do like how WSS refers to functions such as for example Fe being "emotions" which transfers the message much more clearly. But the thing I take away from model G is that it takes into account energy metabolism, which is how types actually act on the IEs and not just the information they have about these IEs. I think this has the potential to make the sociotypes translate into something more "real" for people. Problem is that Gulenko and his school has either 1) been doing a poor job of communicating his theories which make it seem as though they have no potential or 2) Gulenko himself doesn't apply his own theories well when typing people (and note that both options are a possibility as well).
    Internal Object Dynamics seems untranslatable until you find out the "dichotomical definitions" of every word.
    Gotta break it into pieces:
    Objects vs fields means that the IM deals with the thing directly (objects) or with the interconnections that exist between these things (fields).
    Dynamic vs Static means that the IM deals with information that is changeable or it's malleable (Dynamic) or is stable, fixed category that cannot be malleable (static).
    Internal vs External means that the information the IM deals with is generated from within and doesn't need an external, logical output (Internal, for example ethics and intuition) or deals with information that proceeds from rational, or external output (External, for example Thinking and Sensorics).
    Taking Fe as Internal object dynamics and translating it to a more colloquial explanation, I usually say that Fe is about perceiving, creating or managing subjective energy or emotional impressions from things (Could be a movie, a piece of art, the expressions of a person, etc). I mainly like to go this route bc it takes out stereotypes or more colloquial interpretations that I see as unrelated to the subject (for example, notions like T types like sciences and F types like humanities, or things like associating negative or positive behavior to types when those are not implied in their base cognition)

Clarifying that Gulenko does sociological explanations with socionics but not integral typings, I mentioned integral typings as the kind of thing we should not be taking into account. Integral typing is typing countries, for example, typing Germany as ISTj, thinking that whole collective entities, when operating together, share a single form of cognition.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frddy View Post
    Internal Object Dynamics seems untranslatable until you find out the "dichotomical definitions" of every word.
    Gotta break it into pieces:
    Objects vs fields means that the IM deals with the thing directly (objects) or with the interconnections that exist between these things (fields).
    Dynamic vs Static means that the IM deals with information that is changeable or it's malleable (Dynamic) or is stable, fixed category that cannot be malleable (static).
    Internal vs External means that the information the IM deals with is generated from within and doesn't need an external, logical output (Internal, for example ethics and intuition) or deals with information that proceeds from rational, or external output (External, for example Thinking and Sensorics).
    Taking Fe as Internal object dynamics and translating it to a more colloquial explanation, I usually say that Fe is about perceiving, creating or managing subjective energy or emotional impressions from things (Could be a movie, a piece of art, the expressions of a person, etc). I mainly like to go this route bc it takes out stereotypes or more colloquial interpretations that I see as unrelated to the subject (for example, notions like T types like sciences and F types like humanities, or things like associating negative or positive behavior to types when those are not implied in their base cognition)
    I technically know what it means of course, it's just that my brain needs to go through several steps, reboot, and only then do I get a clear picture of what is meant lol. But maybe it's just me.

I agree though, that this approach you lay out helps reduce the temptation of typing by stereotypes and behaviors. But I guess I am personally willing to take this risk in the name of communicating a more effective portrait of a type - I think so long as it's well communicated that stereotypes, centers of interest, tastes, and behaviors shouldn't be used in typing people (something Timur Protskiy communicates well it seems from looking at his videos) it should be ok, I think.

Clarifying that Gulenko does sociological explanations with socionics but not integral typings, I mentioned integral typings as the kind of thing we should not be taking into account. Integral typing is typing countries, for example, typing Germany as ISTj, thinking that whole collective entities, when operating together, share a single form of cognition.
    Ah ok those. Yeah I agree integral typings should not be taken seriously.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here is the list of forum members who got typed. I don't feel a need to tag everyone, I think that gets annoying. The other lists were either outdated and/or had errors and doubles in them.

Shotgunfingers LSI-H
    Vex IEI-C/N
    Suspiria EIE-C
    Chakram LSI-N
    Sayonara ILI-C
    Thegreenfaerie LSI-H/D
    Uncle Ave LSI-C
    Aster IEI-N
    Justalitnerd IEI-H
    Lolita SEE-N
    Viktor SLE-H
    Desert Financial ILI-C
    Megedy IEI-C
    Northstar SLE-C
    Sachmet LII-N
    Ouronis ILE N/H
    Peteronfiree LSI-N
    Duschia EIE-H
    Cyberpunk SLE-H
    Ashlesha LSI-C

I also only put people who got typed starting when Shotgun did. I also only put people who I know are forum members. As this is complied from the information I know, I may have forgotten someone, if I did don't trip just remind me to add your name to the list.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find it interesting to have a check on those typed on youtube because 1) we may prove wether this beta excess is limited to the forum or.. 2 ) it gives more references to look at a given type (in the end we know how people interact here but not how they look and talk)

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good old Gulenko! He's the one fixed point in a changing age. There's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as never blew on the16types.info yet. It will be cold and bitter, and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's Gulenko's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here is the list of forum members who got typed. I don't feel a need to tag everyone, I think that gets annoying. The other lists were either outdated and/or had errors and doubles in them.

Shotgunfingers LSI-H
    Vex IEI-C/N
    Suspiria EIE-C
    Chakram LSI-N
    Sayonara ILI-C
    Thegreenfaerie LSI-H/D
    Uncle Ave LSI-C
    Aster IEI-N
    Justalitnerd IEI-H
    Lolita SEE-N
    Viktor SLE-H
    Desert Financial ILI-C
    Megedy IEI-C
    Northstar SLE-C
    Sachmet LII-N
    Ouronis ILE N/H
    Peteronfiree LSI-N
    Duschia EIE-H
    Cyberpunk SLE-H
    Ashlesha LSI-C

I also only put people who got typed starting when Shotgun did. I also only put people who I know are forum members. As this is complied from the information I know, I may have forgotten someone, if I did don't trip just remind me to add your name to the list.
    4 non betas

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    4 non betas
    I counted 5

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Gulenko being made a Doctor of Socionics for publishing papers on Socionics is no more meaningful at the moment than someone being made a Doctor of Astrology for publishing papers on Astrology.

There is nothing to support the Socionics model in a way that is systematically published for personality models like the Big Five or HEXACO. The Socionists at such schools do not seem to have a clue about following such a process, and the impression I have is that they are ignorant or unconcerned about the scientific method generally.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to get typed by him, I must be BETA (breathe, count to 3, Gulenko is heretical...everything is alright)
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I do think however that Gulenko's book is interesting, and that the DCNH subtype system may have something to it (it could describe differences in temperament preferences between similar people) although I'm inclined to agree with @Frddy that it would be better to focus on the basics first in terms of research.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Edited from the chat (not fully formed thoughts):
    Uncle Ave has a list of 20 people typed by Gulenko. I wouldn't expect Gulenko (or anyone) to get more than half of them "right" (based on past correspondence between test results and the prior self-perception of individuals), so @myresearch may have a good point about the small sample size being possibly misleading.

The primary issue will be those typings that "forum consensus" sees as especially problematic.

I think his most controversial typing is LSI - possibly because a few people seen as highly "intuitive" have been typed that way, and maybe because LSIs are not seen as the sort of people to be interesting in theory, especially personality theory.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gulenko is temporary, Timur Protskiy is forever
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspiria View Post
    Gulenko is temporary, Timur Protskiy is forever
    how that guy gets any attention is beyond me. lack of alternatives I guess
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I think the most baffling thing to me is that 75% of random forum users (random as in how the sample is acquired - this is a general personality types forum anyone can join, not a beta or quadra specific forum) are beta according to him. It's not even a single type per se I am baffled by. I do know one "beta" in that list I would type delta, but anyways.

I just don't understand lol. I don't know if I buy the whole betas are more attracted to socionics, or forum.

if anything I can buy infx and/or intx may be more likely to frequent online forums maybe
    Beta has always been an overtyped quadra, the Gulenkoists merely formalized the practice. Within typology communities, typing someone EIE is typically a way of assigning them persona non grata status.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I counted 5
    This is why I'm not a math major

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but DarkAngelFireWolf69 would have a deeper, less stereotyped reasoning for assigning someone type than ... most other people, right? I would imagine he would be smarter with it.
    It's tempting to think that… but if you checkout the typings of leading Socionists, they're all over the place: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...nics_Types.pdf

not that claiming most people are beta is "not smart" per se, but I wouldn't expect him to for example type someone EIE for "assigning them persona non grata status"
    I don't know what his specific reasons are for this. To an extent I gather it's to do with overdramatized portrayals of Beta inducing something of Forer effect upon typists.

There's also a prevailing superstition that "EIEs can convincingly chameleon as any type"… so, basically anyone can be a suspected EIE.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think the most baffling thing to me is that 75% of random forum users (random as in how the sample is acquired - this is a general personality types forum anyone can join, not a beta or quadra specific forum) are beta according to him. It's not even a single type per se I am baffled by. I do know one "beta" in that list I would type delta, but anyways.

I just don't understand lol. I don't know if I buy the whole betas are more attracted to socionics, or forum.

if anything I can buy infx and/or intx may be more likely to frequent online forums maybe
    Birds of a feather flock together.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko's take is that most celebrities are EIE because it's mainly EIEs who seek out attention and fame. He leans on DCNH to explain individual differences between them.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-C™
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    how that guy gets any attention is beyond me. lack of alternatives I guess
    A lot of people want to be officially (mis)typed as LIE.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Gulenko's take is that most celebrities are EIE because it's mainly EIEs who seek out attention and fame. He leans on DCNH to explain individual differences between them.
    It's probable that Fe doms and ExFx are overrepresented in the celebrity category just because that's their nature. Shouldn't expect all walks of life to have the same ratio of types.

That said, typing Obama EIE seems a bit odd to me but oh well lol.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus was a carpenter, much like Harrison Ford, and thus SLI. It is forum dogma that types him EIE or otherwise.

There is an ingrained bias towards typing individuals as EIE and not appreciating carpentry. Those who live by it are doomed to die by it.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socionics Is Not A Cult View Post
    Jesus was a carpenter, much like Harrison Ford, and thus SLI.
    I hadn't thought of that.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probable that Fe doms and ExFx are overrepresented in the celebrity category just because that's their nature.
    Gulenko's school takes that line of reasoning further than most.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about Jung being Se PoLR though, he seems to be attracted to Se and readily admits that in his interview, his violent tendency or whatever (he couldn't control his anger, started dragging someone through the ground - something like that). And yes supposedly se polrs can too, and also he is male so more aggressive but, it's the way he generally approaches it I guess. I would put him Se suggestive. Which one, I am not sure yet. He seems heavily Ni sub either way.
    Yes, LII is ridiculous for Jung. But since he's brilliant, he gets typed α-NT… because of course.

Ni/Se-valuing is clear enough. And given the "unity of opposites" motif so prevalent throughout his work, it's hard not to see him as DA cognitive style—I think EIE>ILI.

The sample size of Gulenko diagnostics is certainly not random in any meaningful sense. At the very least, of all the data we have access to, we only have people who fit the following criteria:

1) interested in personality typology.

2) interested in socionics in particular.

3) interested in a relatively new branch of socionics that shakes up some classical ideas.

4) interested in paying money to a guy to provide a typing service.

5) willing to post about it here and/or provide a review video for Gulenko to post on Youtube.

If we're talking population as a whole, the vast majority of people have been knocked out of the sample pool just with the first point (and the vast majority of people interested in personality typology are knocked out by the second, and the vast majority interested in socionics knocked out by the third...)

It's not surprising that central types in Gulenko's conception of socionics (beta specifically) fit all 4 qualifiers better than other types. Who knows what the distribution of types really is in society as a whole, but I would never expect an equal distribution in Gulenko's diagnostics given the narrowing of the playing field that inevitably happens with this sort of criteria.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know if I truly believe 75% of those birds happen to be betas:
    That's right. 99% of them are all betas.

We have over 9,000 betas and they are all raping forums everywhere.

Personality typology communities as a whole likely have a more even type distribution (with some significant outliers, like perhaps LSEs), but socionics almost certainly draws more Ti-valuing types than others. Yes, there is a variety of literature out there, hence why point 3 is important. Being into Gulenko's stuff is not really the same as being into Socionics in general, at least at the moment, because most of Gulenko's stuff comes to us via machine-translated websites and intense theory (via his older work). He's certainly trying to appeal to a wider audience, but as it stands, his work has a certain structure, and inaccessibility to English-speakers, that prevents many from accessing it. For anyone who wants to look at socionics as a system of relationships or something closer to MBTI, that route exists without ever having to think about Gulenko's work (and certainly, a large part of the community seems to actively dislike it), and they certainly don't have to pay for it. Not many people are going to be willing to fork over a wad of cash and go through a specific process (outlined in Russian, no less) for this hobby.

My primary point was that our sample size is made up of people interested in a very Ti-heavy typology going to a guy focusing on "energy-metabolism" (i.e. outward appearance/mechanics of types), willing to pay (a fair amount) for a confirmation of something (identity, understanding of the system, how they appear, or whatever the drive is, but many of these drives align with Beta), and then talk about how all of these things are true (and also provide feedback, convincing others that it's not a bad idea). In Gulenko's typology, this removes the likelihood (though not the possibility) of many types.
    Last edited by Dangerouslandsvape; 03-23-2021 at 06:45 AM. Reason: clarification

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning signs of a potentially destructive cult
    [...]With that said, there are several warning signs that can be used to indicate when a religious group has gone from "harmless, quirky woo-meisters" to an active threat to its membership and even to others.[2]

Warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader

1. Promises are made of a new life, a "spiritual resurrection," and a rejection of one's former life, which are simply irresistible to many desperate people. Therefore, it's easy to be pulled in.
    2. There is no legitimate reason to leave. Former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative, or even evil. Therefore, it is extremely hard to leave.
    3. The leader's authority is absolute, without meaningful accountability.
    4. There is no tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
    5. There is no meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget or expenses, such as an independently audited financial statement.
    6. There exists an unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies, and persecutions.
    7. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
    8. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
    9. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
    10. The group/leader is always right.
    11. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation; no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Warning signs regarding people involved in/with a potentially unsafe group/leader

Rick Ross's Cult Education Institute lists the following warning signs for followers of a cult:[3]

1. They are extremely obsessive regarding the group/leader, resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.
    2. Individual identity, the group, the leader, and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused – as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.
    3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned, it is characterized as "persecution".
    4. They engage in uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, effectively cloning the group/leader in their personal behavior.
    5. They are dependent upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.
    6. They have a hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supersede any personal goals or individual interests.
    7. They lose their spontaneity and sense of humor in dramatic fashion.
    8. They are increasingly isolated from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.
    9. They can justify anything the group/leader does no matter how harsh or harmful.
    10. Former followers are at best considered negative, and at worst, they are considered evil and/or under bad influences. They can not be trusted, and personal contact is avoided.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cult

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can make 120 USD in 10 hours. I have spent more time on this whole G typing thing. Reading, thinking, recording, re-watching videos. So money is not a huge deal at all.
    Last edited by rizz; 03-23-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn’t about whether one could afford it but who would be likely to purchase this kind of thing getting typed in socionics
    I'd say I love paying for services. That's why I need money. I want to have that power.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-C™
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socionics Is Not A Cult View Post
    We have a 120$ initiation fee. I can give a discount to a friend of Vex's, however I can't guarantee you won't be typed NF.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    No, I don’t start blowing stuff up. It’s my response to how annoying EIEs are since they’re the ones who spin Fe shenanigans to get any bit of attention which is really dumb and a waste of time.

Deltas are the rarest and LSE is probably the 3rd rarest, and most rare of extroverted types. I talked to one on VC accidentally from a few months ago but other than that I can’t think any possible Deltas since they aren’t in the spotlight nor are they into psychological explorations (they reject Ti and Ni). I don’t know for sure, but possibly J Edgar Hoover was LSE-D. He used Te to plow over everyone and he made sure there was no corruption, kept files on everyone and had dirt on them to make sure they knew if they ever got out of line, he’ll ruin them. In Delta Quadra, it values monitoring/watching others, like cameras on the streets watching people speeding. His Se was through the roof through, so other possibility is SEE-D because the main component of his threats was having dirt on people (affairs, etc. of Fi nature).

I’ll ask Dr. G what he says but it’ll be a few weeks. Even he has trouble finding famous Deltas.
    Might be a Delta quadra thing in general. I'm thinking of an IEE I used to know who was constantly probing for information under the pretense of getting to know someone and forming a relationship with them. I realized it instinctively when I was a teenager, what was going on, and responded appropriately. Now I realize pretty clearly on a conscious level what they were up to. Haven't known all IEEs to act like this, but this person in particular was dead set on that kind of behavior seemingly to the exclusion of anything else.

Having read your other posts in this thread, in which you say somewhere that you hate Fe and NFs, I can't help but feel like you've probably had some personal interactions that have influenced you to make a general opinion like that one. You're an SEE, so you have an asymmetric relationship

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, I don’t start blowing stuff up. It’s my response to how annoying EIEs are since they’re the ones who spin Fe shenanigans to get any bit of attention which is really dumb and a waste of time.

Deltas are the rarest and LSE is probably the 3rd rarest, and most rare of extroverted types. I talked to one on VC accidentally from a few months ago but other than that I can’t think any possible Deltas since they aren’t in the spotlight nor are they into psychological explorations (they reject Ti and Ni). I don’t know for sure, but possibly J Edgar Hoover was LSE-D. He used Te to plow over everyone and he made sure there was no corruption, kept files on everyone and had dirt on them to make sure they knew if they ever got out of line, he’ll ruin them. In Delta Quadra, it values monitoring/watching others, like cameras on the streets watching people speeding. His Se was through the roof through, so other possibility is SEE-D because the main component of his threats was having dirt on people (affairs, etc. of Fi nature).

I’ll ask Dr. G what he says but it’ll be a few weeks. Even he has trouble finding famous Deltas.
    Yeah I think the having dirt on people thing might in general be a Delta obsession. So your observation agrees with my own experience. I knew an IEE who, apparently every time we interacted, was always probing for info while having the pretense of creating a relationship. I haven't gotten this impression from every IEE I've known, but this particular IEE seemed monomaniacally obsessed with getting info. Could be an insecurity in her. Maybe she got screwed big time in the past and now tries to suck up all possible data.

After reading some of your other posts, including the one where you said you hated Fe and NFs, I can't help but wonder what happened in your life to make that happen. I sometimes generalize too based on my own experience with people. But I also realize there could be some examples of people that don't fit the generalization.

Funny story about IEEs that I just realized might be type related is that I had one create a fake profile with my picture on it once and try to trash my reputation with it. Interesting stuff.

I think it might be that Deltas also just avoid the limelight a lot of the time. There might be lots of them out there that don't show up on the radar because they don't make themselves known. I think my dad is a Delta and I've known some LSEs personally otherwise.

So yeah maybe they are the rarest. But it could just be a sampling problem.

There's an LSE porn star I'm aware of who has managed to delete most of his online presence completely. He also makes a big deal about stealing his content, moreso than anyone I've ever seen.

Do you think the idea of mutually assured destruction could be a TeFi thing? If everyone has dirt on everyone, everyone plays nice etc.

Ask him what he believes are realistic distributions for quadras at least. I'm curious about that one. Does he think half the world is beta? It could be that Eastern Europe is more beta.
    Last edited by Aramas; 03-23-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunk View Post
    I'd say I love paying for services. That's why I need money. I want to have that power.

I didn't mean anything bad by my comments on paying for the service - I paid for it too, afterall, and I don't regret it. I have a feeling this is a trait that might be type related, though. This all somewhat relates to groups and identities, which aligns pretty well with the beta quadra. It's not just typing yourself, or even discussing type, but aligning the understanding of the self with a particular system, and being willing to use a material resource (money) to do so. That's one way of looking at it, at least, and this idea aligns pretty strongly with Se and Ti. Understanding the self in the context of others might also be a drive, and would align pretty well with Beta NFs.

I would be curious to know from the people who were typed what drew them to the service. Personally, it was to gather an understanding of the system (using myself as a landmark), a curiousity about the process, a general interest in how I am perceived by others (which is something I struggle with), and as an avenue for personal growth.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerouslandsvape View Post
    I didn't mean anything bad by my comments on paying for the service - I paid for it too, afterall, and I don't regret it. I have a feeling this is a trait that might be type related, though. This all somewhat relates to groups and identities, which aligns pretty well with the beta quadra. It's not just typing yourself, or even discussing type, but aligning the understanding of the self with a particular system, and being willing to use a material resource (money) to do so. That's one way of looking at it, at least, and this idea aligns pretty strongly with Se and Ti. Understanding the self in the context of others might also be a drive, and would align pretty well with Beta NFs.

I would be curious to know from the people who were typed what drew them to the service. Personally, it was to gather an understanding of the system (using myself as a landmark), a curiousity about the process, a general interest in how I am perceived by others (which is something I struggle with), and as an avenue for personal growth.
    Oh no, it's all good! I did not get offended or anything like that.

In my case, it was Gulenko's rep. He learned straight from Aušra Augustinavičiūtė. He's also been working in the field for 40 years (?). You see his name everywhere. It's a bit lame but why not.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerouslandsvape View Post
    Curiosity. I kept seeing other people's typings and wondered how he'd type me with his system. Wanted to compare his approach directly from him to what I'd read about and how I'd typed myself. So yeah, I went ahead and made the leap, I don't have results yet, so will be in curiosity for awhile. In the meantime, I'm considering using myself as a guinea pig to check out other people's typing services too. Compare and contrast, get additional viewpoints.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-C™
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird that you just changed your profile picture to Squall. I bought the remake of FFVIII few days ago.
    Deja vu. I got a PS1 Classic Controller when I changed avatars. You should play the original F.E.A.R. sometime. New one isn't Paxton Fettel.
    Last edited by Sayonara; 03-24-2021 at 10:38 PM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a Delta quadra thing in general. I'm thinking of an IEE I used to know who was constantly probing for information under the pretense of getting to know someone and forming a relationship with them. I realized it instinctively when I was a teenager, what was going on, and responded appropriately. Now I realize pretty clearly on a conscious level what they were up to. Haven't known all IEEs to act like this, but this person in particular was dead set on that kind of behavior seemingly to the exclusion of anything else.

Having read your other posts in this thread, in which you say somewhere that you hate Fe and NFs, I can't help but feel like you've probably had some personal interactions that have influenced you to make a general opinion like that one. You're an SEE, so you have an asymmetric relationship
    Probing for info under pretenses is Fe because it’s a way of emotionally shaping the situation to get someone to do what you want them to do. Depending on the reason as to why that particular person does that would give a better aspect in determining their type. It’s likely EIE or ESE because they’re Ti seeking. I could see an IEE doing that, but it’s mainly for the purposes of protecting their Fi, as in knowing who to trust. They want someone dependable because they are Si seeking. SEE will just ask you straight up and don’t play around so least likely to do such a thing. I’m betting it’s an EIE or ESE.

My hatred of NFs have stemmed long before I got introduced to socionics. I simply hate delusions and NFs are cognitively wired to be prone to delusions. Besides, there’s a lot of types who do hate EIE, they’re just not so vocal about it. EIE and SEE don’t like each other as a general thing, because yes, it’s an asymmetrical relation but not all asymmetrical relations create contention. It’s primarily a hallmark of benefit relation where the benefactor believes they’re psychologically superior and the beneficiary just wants to use the benefactor and turn the tables on them. Benefit is reverse revision and if it’s an Se ego who’s the beneficiary, the reverse revision is going to be more intense. I have an SLE friend who don’t like ESEs and his ex is ESE. She’s constantly doing reverse revision on him and he gets really frustrated. Like I don’t think anyone can get to him as much as his ESE does.
    Last edited by Lolita; 03-24-2021 at 02:45 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-C™
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s primarily a hallmark of benefit relation where the benefactor believes they’re psychologically superior and the beneficiary just wants to use the benefactor and turn the tables on them. Benefit is reverse revision.
    And that's how I got my interview for free.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Gulenko still living in the Ukraine, or has has he taken the usual route and emigrated to Britain?