Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Gulenko's typings of forum members AKA Big G SquaD

Mentioned
    1154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When Gulenko was lesser corrupted by heresies he made not bad dichotomy test.
    Later in 2003 with Talanov he made 8 functional test LoGit, which seems was abandoned.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

a two horned unicorn renegade Chin Diaper 007's Avatar
    TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gulenko is posessed. I think we need a self proclaimed NF to exorcise him back to purity. Spare no crosses and holy water.
    Uncertified public verbal executioner of ESI. Tickets will be available soon.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

growing cakes on some ropes Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Fe C
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I see you are treating my post as if every single typing of others I've made is correct. Of course not, nobody gets every typing correct. This was more about my self-typing supposedly being delusional (ha ha).

When it comes to the people you mention, you're reversing the timeline on SGF. Yes, he went on a wild ride of constantly changing typings including SLI, IEE, IEI, ILI and ILE before his Gulenko typing and my first ever suggestion was SLI, followed by Ni leading (more likely IEI) and then grudgingly ILE. If you refresh your memory, I was among the first to hail his LSI-H typing being a "stroke of genius" and have backed this typing ever since. I don't completely reject or accept any source of information, everyone has their good and bad moments. That's high-D Ti for you. In the case of TGF, yes I continue to doubt LSI and I don't think she even herself feels this to be correct. Fi leading type is still my opinion. As for you, EIE has always seemed like a better fit in my opinion, however IEI-Fe alternative is not in the category of "delusional" in my opinion as these impressions are based on online behavior and not videos.

All these typings are still opinions and I reject the idea that anyone's typing (including mine) here or even Gulenko's should be taken as absolute truths. Battle typing is an annoying but common feature of the forums that you just have to deal with, best thing to do is to remember that everyone is full of varying amounts of shit and the level of certainty someone has does not have anything to do with how correct they actually are.
    I don't know what you mean by the bolded. All I was saying was that Gulenko is the most credible person alive (don't know why this is so controversial, but it's true), and for you or anybody else to imply that they're on the same level as Gulenko just because they were able to guess what type G would give them is ridiculous. Yeah, I think most people should be able to guess what type G would give them. At least this is what most of the people who have gotten typed have told me.

As for the underlined, yes, I remember that and we even discussed it in this thread iirc. I didn't understand why you went so cold towards G all of the sudden just because others were getting typed by him. That wasn't consistent in my point of view.

Battle typing is always going to be a thing on forums, I agree and have stated this. It's just the nature of typology forums for people to want to guess other's types, and it's true other people are full of crap. Places and fields like this attract people full of crap. But I still think people going to a "big shot" like G is a good opportunity for people to learn, and people shouldn't get so stuck in their ways or thinking since it's led Socionics to it's current state. That's all I have to say on that aspect.

Congrats on your typing, btw.

Idiosyncratic > Mercurial > Aggressive

BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I don't know what you mean by the bolded. All I was saying was that Gulenko is the most credible person alive (don't know why this is so controversial, but it's true), and for you or anybody else to imply that they're on the same level as Gulenko just because they were able to guess what type G would give them is ridiculous. Yeah, I think most people should be able to guess what type G would give them. At least this is what most of the people who have gotten typed have told me.

As for the underlined, yes, I remember that and we even discussed it in this thread iirc. I didn't understand why you went so cold towards G all of the sudden just because others were getting typed by him. That wasn't consistent in my point of view.

Battle typing is always going to be a thing on forums, I agree and have stated this. It's just the nature of typology forums for people to want to guess other's types, and it's true other people are full of crap. Places and fields like this attract people full of crap. But I still think people going to a "big shot" like G is a good opportunity for people to learn, and people shouldn't get so stuck in their ways or thinking since it's led Socionics to it's current state. That's all I have to say on that aspect.

Congrats on your typing, btw.
    The bolded part meant that I didn't end up typing him IEI, it was just one of the suggestions for him given that he was difficult to type. Based on his typing report, I suppose even Gulenko didn't seem to think it was fully obvious given how much DCNH needed to influence it. I don't imply that I'm on Gulenko's level on socionics knowledge, he's a very good theorist and I have always given him credit for this.

As for "going cold" on Gulenko, it's a reaction to people thinking that while he's very good at developing the theory that it would translate into the best typing skills as well. He's not at all bad at typing, but neither is he infallible. I think this typing service for English speakers is pretty expensive given how little time is spent on it (length of the videos, no interview interaction and not a whole lot of analysis). This probably explains why some of the typings aren't correct imo. Some people are easier to type than others and those who weren't correctly typed might have gotten a better typing with more time spent on it.
    I think the "lack of consistency" is that while I value his theoretics, I wasn't convinced of the correctness of his typings to the same degree that some were. It's again not treating him as a socionist as a monolith that is either great or bad at everything. Anyway, his typing matches are definitely higher than most people's and I'm not claiming I'm better at typing others than he is. But regarding my own type, I would not have considered him typing me something obviously wrong (say, SEI) to be correct despite his credentials. Having spent plenty of time on the subject I think my self-typing was and is objective. I'm old enough to not base any facet of my self-image on a socionics typing and my feelings don't enter into this analysis.

Yes, if you want to spend money on typing then Gulenko is not a bad choice. There isn't a lot of time spent on it but then again his method is efficient and time-saving. However, it's also much cheaper to just buy his book because all his methods are basically described there, including how to type people. It's recommended anyway because just being handed down your type isn't going to be very useful without having the whole suite of socionics knowledge. Though it's useful to start with as a point of reference.

TIM
    SLE D
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    When Gulenko was lesser corrupted by heresies he made not bad dichotomy test.
    Later in 2003 with Talanov he made 8 functional test LoGit, which seems was abandoned.
    I got SLE on test. mayhe hes right after all

Mentioned
    1154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    As for "going cold" on Gulenko, it's a reaction to people thinking that while he's very good at developing the theory that it would translate into the best typing skills as well.
    He's good in developing of doubtful hypotheses. Developing of a theory supposes its objective usefulness, what needs experimental proofs.
    What is not bad is his texts about normal theory. As having base T he describes in clear way, what is especially important for novices.

As for the typing - one of experienced typers. But they have low typing matches between themselves and hence doubtful accuracy (mb ~50%) + his usage of strange theories what may additionally reduce the accuracy.
    The main theory producer was Jung. He thought his type as LII, while had ILI. It's an example how theory and practice skills may correlate.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All these beta typings... So many betas lol

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    socionics is a theory that mostly attracts Ni and Ti valuing types. gamma and delta is more oriented towards objective theories (Te).

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    socionics is a theory that mostly attracts Ni and Ti valuing types. gamma and delta is more oriented towards objective theories (Te).
    To my knowledge, four people got ILI typings too, only one is on that list though. Varlawend, Uniden, Paranoia Agent, and Desert Financial.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

~Nietzsche

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    To my knowledge, four people got ILI typings too, only one is on that list though. Varlawend, Uniden, Paranoia Agent, and Desert Financial.
    True but I think there were more betas. Maybe it just felt like it.

˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think Reyne might have ditched us. Looks like he might have deleted a bunch of posts and hasn’t been on for a while.

Maybe we could get a moderator to update the typings in OP? Whoever is a moderator now?
    @Aylen @woofwoofl @DirectorAbbie @silke @mu4
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI are also very interested in the theory because of base Ni. I think alpha, gamma and delta sensing types are probably the rarest.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

True but I think there were more betas. Maybe it just felt like it.
    No you're right beta was the most common.

~Nietzsche

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Think Reyne might have ditched us. Looks like he might have deleted a bunch of posts and hasn’t been on for a while.

Maybe we could get a moderator to update the typings in OP? Whoever is a moderator now?
    @Aylen @woofwoofl @DirectorAbbie @silke @mu4
    I wouldn't count on him coming back for now, I agree a mod could update the thread's OP with the new typings.

~Nietzsche

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers LSI-H
    @Ebony IEI-C
    @Suspiria EIE-C
    @Chakram LSI-N
    @Paranoia Agent ILI-C
    @thegreenfaerie LSI-H
    @Uncle Ave LSI-C
    @aster IEI-N
    @justalitnerdxx IEI-H
    @Kiana SEE-N
    @aster's friend SLE
    @Northstar SLE-C
    @Varlawand ILI
    @uniden ILI
    @Desert Financial ILI

10 betas out of 15

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think justalitnerd is EII-Ne.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I think justalitnerd is EII-Ne.
    I also think she is very clearly EII and not IEI. I wrote an analysis on my blog.

TIM
    LSI-H
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    @shotgunfingers LSI-H
    @Ebony IEI-C
    @Suspiria EIE-C
    @Chakram LSI-N
    @Paranoia Agent ILI-C
    @thegreenfaerie LSI-H
    @Uncle Ave LSI-C
    @aster IEI-N
    @justalitnerdxx IEI-H
    @Kiana SEE-N
    @aster's friend SLE
    @Northstar SLE-C
    @Varlawand ILI
    @uniden ILI
    @Desert Financial ILI

10 betas out of 15
    You forgot Viktor, he got SLE-H and someone else who got EIE-C, but I'm not sure its a good idea to mention here, because she strongly disagreed with the type she got.

TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    someone else who got EIE-C, but I'm not sure its a good idea to mention here, because she strongly disagreed with the type she got.

why you do this to me...now I’m running through everyone on the forum trying to figure it out
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why you do this to me...now I’m running through everyone on the forum trying to figure it out
    ok, think I figured it out with my supreme stalking skillz

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, think I figured it out with my supreme stalking skillz

I can't figure it out. Please share your knowledge with me. I want to know.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

My Pinterest

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers LSI-H
    @Ebony IEI-C
    @Suspiria EIE-C
    @Chakram LSI-N
    @Paranoia Agent ILI-C
    @thegreenfaerie LSI-H
    @Uncle Ave LSI-C
    @aster IEI-N
    @justalitnerdxx IEI-H
    @Kiana SEE-N
    @aster's friend SLE
    @Northstar SLE-C
    @Varlawand ILI
    @uniden ILI
    @Desert Financial ILI

10 betas out of 15
    You also forgot @The Exception as EIE, possibly the worst typing out of all of these.

TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I can't figure it out. Please share your knowledge with me. I want to know.
    lol I’ll message you with who I think it is
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You forgot Viktor, he got SLE-H and someone else who got EIE-C, but I'm not sure its a good idea to mention here, because she strongly disagreed with the type she got.
    Wasn't it EIE-N?

~Nietzsche

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The Exception EIE
    @shotgunfingers LSI-H
    @Ebony IEI-C
    @Suspiria EIE-C
    @Chakram LSI-N
    @Paranoia Agent ILI-C
    @thegreenfaerie LSI-H
    @Uncle Ave LSI-C
    @aster IEI-N
    @justalitnerdxx IEI-H
    @Kiana SEE-N
    @aster's friend SLE
    @Northstar SLE-C
    @Varlawand ILI
    @uniden ILI
    @Desert Financial ILI
    @Viktor SLE-H
    @shotgun's friend EIE

13 betas out of 18
    edited

TIM
    LSI-H
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't it EIE-N?
    I forget.. could be. Suspiria knows exactly.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I forget.. could be. Suspiria knows exactly.
    It's EIE-N if we are talking about the same person.

~Nietzsche

TIM
    ILI-C
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    I remember joining this site, mentioning that I translated roughly 1000 pages of socionics articles and descriptions into german and being extremly sure about my type, and yet sol insisted for months that I'm an IEI because I wore a shirt with flowers in my profile picture. he wrote that in almost every thread. it's best to ignore him. I think he has a mental illness.
    Favorite post from the thread btw

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

G-man typed me ILE with two DCNH subtypes - normalizing and harmonzing. He has an interesting reasoning style that I think shows HP cognition quite well. Kinda like a mental form of this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensegrity

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, first peripheral quadra member. Identification with H-P cog is what helped nail my self-typing originally.

TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    G-man typed me ILE with two DCNH subtypes - normalizing and harmonzing. He has an interesting reasoning style that I think shows HP cognition quite well. Kinda like a mental form of this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tensegrity
    I have always had my suspicions.

BTW IME's forming a cube seems like H-P. It seems bizarre to me. For sure I have become accustomed to those but still it seems unnatural.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An alpha! You proved Gulenko thinks there's more than just betas and gammas here hahaha! So did you have a hunch on your DCNH subtypes before getting your results back?

I just got my additional questions today, so I'm extra curious.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by megedy View Post
    An alpha! You proved Gulenko thinks there's more than just betas and gammas here hahaha! So did you have a hunch on your DCNH subtypes before getting your results back?

I had identified most with harmonizing. I'm kind of confused about how a pair of dichotomies can produce two results, but I remember reading an article several years ago where gulenko is talking about sort of the quirks of his underlying ideas about psychology where he says he essentially thinks personality is a fractal, so this isn't necessarily inconsistent with that.

TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had identified most with harmonizing. I'm kind of confused about how a pair of dichotomies can produce two results, but I remember reading an article several years ago where gulenko is talking about sort of the quirks of his underlying ideas about psychology where he says he essentially thinks personality is a fractal, so this isn't necessarily inconsistent with that.
    Very LII-like to frame something in terms of their own interests (examples include fractals, numbers, printed circuit boards).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds like he actually makes some extra money out of this based on your post.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    Sounds like he actually makes some extra money out of this based on your post.
    If he's willing to watch me ramble on for 20 minutes and can help me identify my subtype from that, then he earned it lmao
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Daddy Gulenky has made probably $2k from this forum now.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If he's willing to watch me ramble on for 20 minutes and can help me identify my subtype from that, then he earned it lmao
    What about the main type? Or are you sure so even Gulenko won't change your mind on that?

~Nietzsche

TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Ne egos (and many other statics) are usually among the surest self typers. Dunno why. They have only few doubts as everyone should and keep them alive.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for those who have already been typed/received their additional questions. Did Viktor share his first hypothesis about your type with you? Can't wait to receive that e-mail, but I guess I wont have it until next week, which seems like ages away from here... :-)