Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Gulenko's typings of forum members AKA Big G SquaD

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't get why the idea that types and quadras are not more or less evenly distributed among the general (or even forum) population is controversial. There is no reason to think they are, in fact the numbers that do exist suggest they are not.

I find Timur's methods a bit...eh personally, but I don't see why his hypothesis would be wrong.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Sol would probably get typed Beta himself. So watch out.
    sol would probably type gulenko in his interview as mb F type.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I don't get why the idea that types and quadras are not more or less evenly distributed among the general (or even forum) population is controversial. There is no reason to think they are, in fact the numbers that do exist suggest they are not.

I find Timur's methods a bit...eh personally, but I don't see why his hypothesis would be wrong.
    that was interesting. I have been wondering for a while if ESI is the most common type overall, but I also think that caregivers are probably very common too, since they are the most family-oriented types.

maybe an interesting clip for some people here would be this short lecture with gulenko (@4:04)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrBJ88ZmA4Y

he mentions that intuitive extroverts are more likely to frequently question their types and makes an interesting comment about it. I would add that it also has to do irrationality, because you're very dependent on your mood. it's very common here for example that IEI think they have a different type. rational types are people that rather stick with one type, even if that one is wrong.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    If you want to then sure, but nobody here is saying or doing so.
    : )

It's not about condemning the forum as a whole. Just some of the practices of some forum members here. If a person is offended by something I said then clearly they fall into the category of what I say, not sorry.
    My words stemmed from not just your comment, but those of many others here that shamed the forum incompetence, to which I agree to a good degree anyway, but I was pointing out that there are still good typers here who spend really a lot of time, way more than Gulenko, when someone pops out wanting to be typed, and then keep questionining and analyzing. I'm not offended, I was trying to bring a better light to the forum reality. : )

There are Socionists afaik who have started on this forum as well, and I wouldn't mind seeking out their services in the future to try and learn more about Socionics.
    yeah, and apparently most of the typed here don't agree with you, because Mr G better.

I don't think anyone is praising Gulenko specifically when talking about a lack of stereotypes. I was thinking about some Timur Protskiy video when I wrote that actually, but that's besides the point. I can't speak for Godlenko but when I look at my conclusion that I got from him, he mainly looks at how a person reasons and watches their body language to see if things are consistent. He'll sometimes look at the environment AFAIK, how a person dresses, but these are arbitrary and I think he realizes that, hence the DCNH system
    Again, my words did not come from your comment alone. Anyway, exactly as you say, all those categories ARE stereotypes.

Yeah it's fine if you don't like his theories, and I understand still being curious about it. Though if you get typed, you'd want to get typed by someone who's methods and theories you can get behind, of course.

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say "accepting it as a truth about me" because people aren't their types.
    still they identify with a type, and that's a kind of truth about them.

It's perfectly fine to want to talk about ideas relating to your type as well, after being typed, since this leads to learning and gathering more information. People are going to have different ideas overall depending on what you say but it's given me different perspectives on the whole thing, personally speaking.
    It's great, really, if you found help and guidance through this process, this alone gives merit to Gule., from what I understood, part of his analysis consists in practical life tips, and I think that adds a lot of value to his work.

IMO it's also kind of incomparable to relate this to bodily and psychological health and professionals in these areas not fully being able to diagnose an ailment, to someone who's researched a psychological theory regarding the favored methods of processing various types of information and is considered a master in their area.
    why?
    I thought of other sectors too, like last week my boiler broke and I called the plumber that just made it worse, in the end my SEE friend told me to read the manual and I fixed the boiler alone, lol. but I thought that a comparison with a psychologist would be more in line with the activity of this forum ;-)

I think considering what available means English speakers have, the Filatova book which is outdated, Wikisocion which is also outdated, and Gulenko's book which is new but not accessible to everyone, it makes sense for Ti+Fe users to put themselves through the process of being typed, perhaps even through multiple Socionists over a steady period of time to really look at how these people handle the theory. At least that's how I see things from my point of view as a Ti valuer. I've thought that maybe, after seeing the "results" so far of this people typed, it's not as favorable for Fi valuers/ego to put themselves through a process where they get assessed from someone they don't know personally, or perhaps even don't approve of, and then get handed a type as a suggestion. It would probably seem like a gamble to them, or even an insult.
    yes.. maybe? interesting analysis anyway : )

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Gotta say I’m sticking with how I could see ESI or EII for you @aster but not IEI... you’re really nice but I doubt that we’re duals.

Cool analysis though, hope it worked for you!
    Truth is a beautiful thing, but it's also a matter of perspective. I vote for both of you being the same type, whatever that is

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If @aster likes Edgar Allan Poe, then this typing explains a lot. Assuming Edgar Allan Poe was IEI. Although it's also possible that Poe and @aster hate each other, considering the other as stealing their ideas in their sleep and cramping their style.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

shitthatneverhappened.txt
    I'm genuinely hurt that you don't believe me, @Uncle Ave. But I can understand it. After all, I did mis-remember my type results. I actually got ILE.

Socionic club "Quadra"

Test Weisband

Weissband test result
    Don Quixote (Intuitive-logical extrovert, ILE)

Description author - psychologist Elena Zamanskaya

Dons are completely unusual representatives of socion, endowed by nature with great intelligence and ingenuity, restless character and a great interest in how life works.

In the world, they feel like a fish in water and are ready to endlessly learn about various phenomena, getting to the very bottom - to those general mechanisms that underlie the nature of things and phenomena.

Yep. It surprised me at first, too, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Me and @Comatose Lamiac 007. Bros, dude.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange, I'm sorry, no hurt was intended. I was just being a smartass.

I had gotten IEI on the test from the Gulenko/HSS's website, which is pretty far off from the result G himself gave me. All tests are bad, imo. I had taken the test some months ago.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I think if aster is IEI then the whole 'aster is EXI' thing is because people see her functions (accentuated Ji functions in fact), but don't account for actual information metabolism like Gulenko does. IEIs can have and show plenty of Fi, but their metabolism (you know, the thing that socionics is about) is very different from EIIs. As well as temperament.
    Imo observable functions by outsiders happens mainly based on function strength. So for example IEI has 4D Ni and 4D Fi, but only 3D Fe.
    It is highly probable that ppl see the stronger demonstrative (model A) function and it misleads them.

SLE for example would show 4D Se and 4D Te, the 3D Ti would theoretically be overshadowed even if valued.

In my case as LSI I have 4D Ti and 4D Si. The Si is visible compared to Se, but I don't seem to care much for it or take pride in it. Its like pervasive background radiation mainly observable by other ppl imo.

This is the pattern I see to me it makes sense. So for example IF one observes very strong Ti and Ni, that could be either LII or ILI and so on.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A person will often have just as sophisticated an understanding of this function as his or her leading function. Unlike the ignoring function it plays a major part in a person's worldview, since as the vulnerable function of one's dual it requires especially delicate attention. Thus, when a person is given information regarding the element in the demonstrative function by someone else, they will tend to take it as obvious information that is irrelevant to completely focus on. One will often use the demonstrative function to defend and further support their beliefs made in the vulnerable function.

The demonstrative function is easiest function to use (after the base function) yet often occurs sporadically. When one experiences a problem regarding this function, one must correct it as it does play a vital part in a person's worldview.

Source: http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Functions

yeah, this makes sense even according to model A

It tends to come down to differentiating:

SLE from LSE
    LSI from SLI
    ESI from SEI
    ILI from LII
    IEI from EII
    IEE from EIE
    SEE from ESE
    LIE from ILE

one could look at role function use, PolR, quadra dichotomies, hidden agenda, plenty of patterns to look at once the 2 types are narrowed down ... or just use experience in typing (which we don't have, srsly confusing PolR for base function for several ppl and other weird things)
    Last edited by SGF; 12-02-2020 at 08:47 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sol would probably get typed Beta himself. So watch out.
    Heresy.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-C™
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I think if aster is IEI then the whole 'aster is EXI' thing is because people see her functions (accentuated Ji functions in fact), but don't account for actual information metabolism like Gulenko does. IEIs can have and show plenty of Fi, but their metabolism (you know, the thing that socionics is about) is very different from EIIs. As well as temperament.
    The truth may be stretched thin, but it never breaks, and it always surfaces above lies, as oil floats on water.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I'm not a conservative lol and its nothing like that tbh. More like this:
    Way to miss the point. I don't care what you are "politically-speaking". Try paying attention to the critical points I'm making about "socionics", not YOU. Are you even capable of doing that without someone having to spell everything out?

Source: https://socioniks.net/article/?id=17

Over the years of being active and political I have slowly gravitated towards this as the only viable solution for very good reasons, I don't even like democracy :/.. imo its the dumbest thing, even ppl in the past understood this. A ship needs a qualified and trained captain and crew, not random businessman with money and lying idiots who answer to lobbyists.

You're deluding yourself if you truly believe that. Who determines who is qualified and trained? Whoever has power or whoever sets their own biased rules. No matter how you try to rationalize it, it's always the people in control that abuse the power they have. The nice thing about checks-and-balances in a democracy is that it takes a lot longer before it fails apart. And Stalin was arguably worse than Hitla by many historians accounts. And the USSR fell apart way before the US, so that's a pretty stupid picture to post. You sound like an idiot who likes to smell his own farts. Get over yourself.

I'm more of a authoritarian bastard, I like proper qualified and effective authority, power is a tool to be wielded for the benefit of the collective, without sacrificing the individual. EDIT: even within the family, I contribute financially and otherwise to the well functioning of my family, I sacrifice for my brother and do my part. I try not to step out of line where it would hurt us, but I step on ppl's toes if they become a threat. Its a kind of us vs them, follow the chain of command and do your part / there will be no snowflake exceptions.
    Good for you?

You typing him SLE doesen't make him SLE, he could be anything lmao. I don't type ppl I know because my opinion is BS.
    It does when I've spent time actually reading Psychological types (that very few people bother to read here); It does when I've spent a almost a decade on and off thinking about it; it does when I've spent even more time on personality theory in general; and it does when I have a minor in philosophy and actually bother to understand the shit Jung was getting at that you deluded ass-monkeys feel the need to shit on or ignore.

And it certainly does when you can't even be bothered to learn this shit yourself, yet you think you are "qualified" to tell other people what is what when even you let "someone else" determine your type. You're a giant fucking hypocrite. You aren't qualified to know what's right and isn't and if you were truly "logically fair minded" you would understand this and step off. But no we get your incessant whining and bitching and projecting of your own insecurity and ineptitude of socionics theory on everyone else, to the point that you will follow Gulenko like he is your daddy. It's ridiculous.

I'm Ne PolR and type 6. I prefer one good option and certainty, rather than guessing games.
    Yeah, clearly you have some kind of stick up your ass. I agree.

Or you could get typed and benefit, IF you want to. Wasting time and effort trying to guess yourself for years is unproductive tbh and costs more than you know (there, have some Te). Idk why get upset, this is constructive feedback common sense Ti.
    You don't even know why I have trouble with self-typing. Gulenko isn't going to solve that. But you don't care. You just want to come on here and pretend like you know better when you don't even care to understand anybody and I'm getting tired of it. You can join Crazyrat on my ignore list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange, I'm sorry, no hurt was intended. I was just being a smartass.

I had gotten IEI on the test from the Gulenko/HSS's website, which is pretty far off from the result G himself gave me. All tests are bad, imo. I had taken the test some months ago.

No problem, @Uncle Ave. I was trying for entertainment and wasn't being serious about having my feelings hurt. I mean, really, I cry about some things, but not about whether or not people believe me.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This means that you and @Aylen are the same type, and EJArendee and @sbbds are your Duals.

I gotta say, this was worth a lot more than $120. This typing was priceless.
    I wish EJArendee still made videos. I would watched him, NF Geeks, & SP Spazz when I got into mbti.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    I wish EJArendee still made videos. I would watched him, NF Geeks, & SP Spazz when I got into mbti.
    EJ Arendee was awesome. No doubt about it.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Way to miss the point. I don't care what you are "politically-speaking". Try paying attention to the critical points I'm making about "socionics", not YOU. Are you even capable of doing that without someone having to spell everything out?
    I'm just giving the details, they matter. The main point was that betas are by nature collectivist authoritarians regardless of political affiliation. One is like that in the family, at work and so on. I consider the group, don't like to make exceptions from the system, authority matters and it cannot be arbitrary aka Ti-Fe > Fi-Te ... Se-Ni > Si - Ne.

You're deluding yourself if you truly believe that. Who determines who is qualified and trained? Whoever has power or whoever sets their own biased rules. No matter how you try to rationalize it, it's always the people in control that abuse the power they have. The nice thing about checks-and-balances in a democracy is that it takes a lot longer before it fails apart. And Stalin was arguably worse than Hitla by many historians accounts. And the USSR fell apart way before the US, so that's a pretty stupid picture to post. You sound like an idiot who likes to smell his own farts. Get over yourself.
    I don't see how trying to determine what ideology has more value has anything to do with this. Gulenko is a clinical psychologist and sociologist with 30 years experience in Socionics, trained by Aušra Augustinavičiūtė e_e the founder of socionics, works at the International Institute of Socionics in Kiev in the Ukraine. In as far as the theory is concerned, within the limitations of it's structure, Gulenko IS the most credible authority.

It does when I've spent time actually reading Psychological types (that very few people bother to read here); It does when I've spent a almost a decade on and off thinking about it; it does when I've spent even more time on personality theory in general; and it does when I have a minor in philosophy and actually bother to understand the shit Jung was getting at that you deluded ass-monkeys feel the need to shit on or ignore.
    I'm pretty sure we aren't ignoring it.

And it certainly does when you can't even be bothered to learn this shit yourself, yet you think you are "qualified" to tell other people what is what when even you let "someone else" determine your type. You're a giant fucking hypocrite. You aren't qualified to know what's right and isn't and if you were truly "logically fair minded" you would understand this and step off. But no we get your incessant whining and bitching and projecting of your own insecurity and ineptitude of socionics theory on everyone else, to the point that you will follow Gulenko like he is your daddy. It's ridiculous.
    That line of reasoning makes no sense. I am not qualified to determine ppl's type, which is why I went to get typed by Gulenko. I doubt other ppl here are qualified either, they do weird things like mistake PolR for base function., that is all.

Yeah, clearly you have some kind of stick up your ass. I agree.
    Address the issues, deviating into ad hominem is pointless.

You don't even know why I have trouble with self-typing. Gulenko isn't going to solve that. But you don't care. You just want to come on here and pretend like you know better when you don't even care to understand anybody and I'm getting tired of it. You can join Crazyrat on my ignore list.
    I don't see why or how understanding or caring about specific individuals or not affects the validity of my arguments.
    Last edited by SGF; 12-03-2020 at 04:30 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dat lyfe in da perifery.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    The results on my type are in!

Gulenko typed me IEI-N (Normalizing subtype)
    I didn't even realize that another type was a possibility, I wasn't sure your DCNH subtype.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Significant part of "SquaD" is famouses list which should help to understand how much he mistakes:
    https://socioniks.net/famouspeople/
    It's not typed by standard ways, though the accuracy is lower, but anyway it's helpful to be more adequate in trusting to today typers and methods which have no objective basis to claim about good accuracy.

Anyone should to have good stable positive check by IR with people near IRL to trust an opinion about own type. Not to a typer, but to own experience of IR effects. This is the only good way, at now. Typers may help in this, but do significant % of mistakes to trust them, what is seen in low real typing matches between them.
    In case good IR test will appear sometimes and its results will match to an opinion gotten by a typer/traits test - this will be partial replacement for evaluation of IR effects with IRL people.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I think Daddy Gulenko would be confused by my lack of Ti.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm genuinely hurt that you don't believe me, @Uncle Ave. But I can understand it. After all, I did mis-remember my type results. I actually got ILE.

Socionic club "Quadra"

Test Weisband

Weissband test result
    Don Quixote (Intuitive-logical extrovert, ILE)

Description author - psychologist Elena Zamanskaya

Dons are completely unusual representatives of socion, endowed by nature with great intelligence and ingenuity, restless character and a great interest in how life works.

In the world, they feel like a fish in water and are ready to endlessly learn about various phenomena, getting to the very bottom - to those general mechanisms that underlie the nature of things and phenomena.

Yep. It surprised me at first, too, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Me and @Comatose Lamiac 007. Bros, dude.
    In case ILE the interest comes from back tracing. Usually this sort of starting point is very static. Dynamic types are fascinated by rotations and other sorts of movements etc... real life physics while statics might derive much more enjoyment out of analyzing the equations. The difference in point of origin seems to be a huge one but anyways they still might be around similar fields of interests from external point of view.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, to all the people that were typed, did you all send back a reaction video and any agree to have it posted on their YouTube channel? I haven’t made one yet because well I’m a mess, but I plan on it because I feel obligated to. But I’m debating if I want it published or not.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, to all the people that were typed, did you all send back a reaction video and any agree to have it posted on their YouTube channel? I haven’t made one yet because well I’m a mess, but I plan on it because I feel obligated to. But I’m debating if I want it published or not.
    I did, though I am not having it published.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Shotgunfingers and thegreenfaerie are typed as IDENTICALS!
    *edit* removed
    Too personal and missing too many parts. Don't want to be obsessive about adding to or editing this at some point later when I'm not wanting to log on to the forum. If you seen it, you seen it
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 12-23-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you have four kids, and you like Bing Crosby and old-timey Christmas music. Amazing. Can you share his reasoning?
    This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen you post.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I made a feedback video, but I asked them not to publish it.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster , the more I paid attention to what you shared on the forum, just before I left, it became very clear to me that you are an intuitive type. You even talked about being spacey in terms of your environment. I never understood the ESI typing for you.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, IEI's can be great mothers. But of the seven mature adult IEI's whom I know IRL, exactly two are presently married and there are two offspring in the entire group (not from the same ones who are married.) In contrast, Aster has four kids.

Odds seem pretty long. But you know, when you start flipping coins, you can get four heads in a row.
    Maybe you are typing some of them wrong.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol , if it helps he thinks from how I described my husband, he is SLE and the reason I am depressed is basically because I’m at home trying to be a sensor
    I relate to this a lot Aster, only with me it’s in terms of my career. I tried to fit into it so hard, but more and more in my current clearer state (after ditching some habits that no doubt impacted me, over a year ago now) it’s become apparent I am in the completely wrong place. The career issue only deepened my quest for self and my path in life. It’s been miserable.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Betas, as subjectivists, more prone to looking for and taking others typings for themselves? It would be interesting to have statistics about forum members' types
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    Are Betas, as subjectivists, more prone to looking for and taking others typings for themselves? It would be interesting to have statistics about forum members' types
    Subjectivism yes maybe. Less likely to press on some forced image of themselves because Ti is about recognition of rules around us. Ti works inside out in that sphere. So yep, people say I'm weird but I do not press that image to others because it is natural and it also tends to adapt to a necessary degree. So maybe Fi seeks to standardize personal character which comes from external reference. As such I do not have huge issues with understanding my own thinking but I don't really measure myself against others if that makes sense. As Ti person I'm ready to give a thought of how others see me and how it differs why it differs and why. I don't really see reason to make modifications if it seems to work as I see it should. Mb not so deeply personal issue.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    This isn’t hard to see at all. People fail to see that our obsession and confusion with our typing was due to an issue with accepting possibilities, not an inclination toward/thriving on having so many. Any slight discrepancy in a typing we had finally accepted threw everything off due to struggling with Ne, not thriving on it. This is something I realized and mentioned some time ago. I personally try to shut all possibilities because they stress me out badly and people who thrive on them/have fun with them can tend to annoy me. As I’ve said a million times, I just want to know the truth (in my typing). I’ve still not settled on it, it’s a huge leap. I started realizing some time ago though that I am not a delta NF. In fact, I am not even an intuitive. I was dishonest with myself and others at points. When I joined this forum, I was running from my first typing, which was ESI.

There is a lot I could say and maybe I will. I only have a phone right now, but I do feel a bit obligated. As time went on, there is information on my typing thread and elsewhere on this thread, that seemed to go ignored. I’ve talked about how I’m naturally a very Ij temperament, to start, there are a ton of reasons Ep/IEE is beyond ridiculous for me that it seriously makes me laugh at this point. I’ve talked about how my most fitting personality type was the melancholic temperament. I’ve talked about how people in my real life tend to view me as more logical and I how I struggle with emotions around people (unless it’s my boyfriend, my dog, or kids I am close to). I’ve talked about how I’m a hermit. I’ve talked about my cool, analytical and even deadpan approach with people irl. There are hinters all over this forum. I was contradictory though and I put a lot of the blame on a stupid typing such as IEE on myself.

I also ran from Sol’s spotting good sensing and weak intuition. He was absolutely right on that, which is something I figured out the more I learned. I am very aware of both my body and environment, and as I’ve mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I am tidy and anal-retentive. My true nature is fairly uptight. At one point, as I mentioned before, I decided to change. The loss of my sister followed by my time spent working in behavioral health were game changers as well, and honestly, I am 100% miserable in the field. I have never been help or service-oriented, I hate to admit. There is a lot I haven’t talked about or admitted here, and for good reason.

Gulenko’s typing of me isn’t crazy at all and makes complete sense. There is only one minor detail I caught which wasn’t quite accurate, but everything else was pretty spot on. Gulenko saw Ij, Gulenko saw sensing and yes he saw beta values. Aspects of my history, my romantic situations and my views on certain types of other people (the latter of which I didn’t even mention to him, but was identified elsewhere in typing sessions)... there is a lot here I have not said or admitted and I’ve started to come clean elsewhere. Something happened a couple of years ago that pushed me to change some of my ways further. I do value treating others people kindly and am remorseful when I am a dick, but there is way too much against delta NF at this point pertaining to my true nature... which I really mean EII when I say that because IEE/Ep is so stupid lol. Se PoLr has always been a serious issue for EII as well, but I rationalized it as I could seem to make all the other IE’s work. Fi base I realized, before Gulenko’s typing session even, doesn’t seem to work either. I suck with relations to others and I am also generally paranoid.
    If Gulenko thought you are LSI, and so do you, I don’t see what people would be getting their panties in a bunch for. I personally think it’s great. More power to ya, sister , you’ve got asters support
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Methinks more people should get typed. Aster is waiting
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good thread. People get their types right (hopefully) and others (like myself) get my typings of members corrected.

The more people who are typed correctly the better.

I still think that even if Gulenko has typed you correctly, this is were the actual work of confirming it and experiencing socionics starts. Otherwise it is mostly a label. You need to figure out what duality, supervision, identity etc are in real life. Gulenko typed you, but you still have to do it yourself. You have to relate everything in socionics to experienced reality.

Anyway, I think this thread is a step forward for the forum
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to intentionally offend anyone who paid for their typing but Gulenko typing you doesn't make it "correct", it's just one opinion among others. You may choose to value this opinion more than other opinions but there are no objective typings and socionics is not a standardized science. All the so-called "socionists" with their institutes practice their own brand of "socionics" and disagree even on each others' self-types.

Don't let this fad turn into a cult and remain critical.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Gulenko thought you are LSI, and so do you, I don’t see what people would be getting their panties in a bunch for. I personally think it’s great. More power to ya, sister , you’ve got asters support
    Thank you Aster and @Consilience Gulenko’s observations match much more closely with my own and with that of people who are close to me. I’ve been typed as similar elsewhere as well via live voice/video. This forum/people from it has seemed to be the main hub for the delta NF typing which the more I have read and learned I realized was pretty off... it’s like you said though Aster, some people are very insistent. Consilience, you nailed it. Typing people based off a bunch of text on a forum/server whatever, often yields poor results from what I’ve seen.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Not to intentionally offend anyone who paid for their typing but Gulenko typing you doesn't make it "correct", it's just one opinion among others. You may choose to value this opinion more than other opinions but there are no objective typings and socionics is not a standardized science. All the so-called "socionists" with their institutes practice their own brand of "socionics" and disagree even on each others' self-types.

Don't let this fad turn into a cult and remain critical.
    Gulenko's view is definitely more than "just one opinion among others". You as well as I know his track record and knowledge in this field. Of course he can make mistakes, everybody knows that. Lots of things matters when judging who is reliable: Mr G.s own type (LII), his discovery of DCNH ( a huge improvement for more reliable typings), his experience etc. That doesn't mean that one can't be critical of his typings also, but I would never shoot down a typing by him directly, because his experience has more weight than mine.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 12-05-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Gulenko's view is definitely more than "just one opinion among others". You as well as I know his track record and knowledge in this field. Of course he can make mistakes, everybody knows that. Lots of things matters when judging who is reliable: Mr G.s own type (LII), his discovery of DCNH ( a huge improvement for more reliable typings), his experience etc. That doesn't mean that one can't be critical of his typings also, but I would never shoot down a typing by him directly, simply because his experience has more weight than mine.
    He has a track record of interesting theoretical publications but there is no reason to expect that his typing methodology is objectively superior. The problem remains that the typings of different "socionists" poorly converge. The consensus remains low and there is no "standardized socionics" when it comes to typing people. Every "school" has their own methodology and ranking them against each other is a matter of opinion since there is no objective metric. There is more agreement about the models and definitions of IE's (which isn't much either), but putting it in practice by typing people is a jungle.

Respecting someone's knowledge is fine, but it is foolish to unquestioningly trust them based on their popularity. Being good with the theory doesn't necessarily translate into being good at putting it into practice. Someone typing you based on two self-recorded monologues totalling about half an hour and translated by a third party doesn't sound like the kind of in-depth analysis that should be accepted as "The Truth".
    It's an interesting point but by no means a definitive answer except to the question "How would Gulenko type me?".

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    He has a track record of interesting theoretical publications but there is no reason to expect that his typing methodology is objectively superior. The problem remains that the typings of different "socionists" poorly converge. The consensus remains low and there is no "standardized socionics" when it comes to typing people. Every "school" has their own methodology and ranking them against each other is a matter of opinion since there is no objective metric. There is more agreement about the models and definitions of IE's (which isn't much either), but putting it in practice by typing people is a jungle.

Respecting someone's knowledge is fine, but it is foolish to unquestioningly trust them based on their popularity. Being good with the theory doesn't necessarily translate into being good at putting it into practice. Someone typing you based on two self-recorded monologues totalling about half an hour and translated by a third party doesn't sound like the kind of in-depth analysis that should be accepted as "The Truth".
    It's an interesting point but by no means a definitive answer except to the question "How would Gulenko type me?".
    I think my approach to this problem is less theoretical than yours. I'm judging Gulenko based on my own experience of the accuracy of socionics and DCNH. Also the fact that LIIs tend to be good at typing people + other things like his track record. We are talking about Gulenko and not any typist. Socionics is a real phenomenon so lack of standardization is not as important as one might think. I feel that the points you are making could be valid on a more general level, but in this specific case there are other facts that give special value to Gulenko's typings.

(Jung on Si)

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast