Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 320 of 1021

Thread: Gulenko's typings of forum members AKA Big G SquaD

  1. #281
    Haikus thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @aster , the more I paid attention to what you shared on the forum, just before I left, it became very clear to me that you are an intuitive type. You even talked about being spacey in terms of your environment. I never understood the ESI typing for you.

  2. #282
    Haikus thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yes, IEI's can be great mothers. But of the seven mature adult IEI's whom I know IRL, exactly two are presently married and there are two offspring in the entire group (not from the same ones who are married.) In contrast, Aster has four kids.

    Odds seem pretty long. But you know, when you start flipping coins, you can get four heads in a row.
    Maybe you are typing some of them wrong.

  3. #283
    Haikus thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    lol , if it helps he thinks from how I described my husband, he is SLE and the reason I am depressed is basically because Im at home trying to be a sensor
    I relate to this a lot Aster, only with me its in terms of my career. I tried to fit into it so hard, but more and more in my current clearer state (after ditching some habits that no doubt impacted me, over a year ago now) its become apparent I am in the completely wrong place. The career issue only deepened my quest for self and my path in life. Its been miserable.

  4. #284
    Disrupting your illusory reality Megatrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Your mind
    TIM
    Extroverted
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are Betas, as subjectivists, more prone to looking for and taking others typings for themselves? It would be interesting to have statistics about forum members' types
    I see potential relationships everywhere

    If I could ask for anything impossible, that would definitely to talk to every human being ever born

  5. #285
    Aushrafarian Chin Diaper 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    mb ILE-H LEVF
    Posts
    6,187
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    Are Betas, as subjectivists, more prone to looking for and taking others typings for themselves? It would be interesting to have statistics about forum members' types
    Subjectivism yes maybe. Less likely to press on some forced image of themselves because Ti is about recognition of rules around us. Ti works inside out in that sphere. So yep, people say I'm weird but I do not press that image to others because it is natural and it also tends to adapt to a necessary degree. So maybe Fi seeks to standardize personal character which comes from external reference. As such I do not have huge issues with understanding my own thinking but I don't really measure myself against others if that makes sense. As Ti person I'm ready to give a thought of how others see me and how it differs why it differs and why. I don't really see reason to make modifications if it seems to work as I see it should. Mb not so deeply personal issue.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  6. #286
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    This isn’t hard to see at all. People fail to see that our obsession and confusion with our typing was due to an issue with accepting possibilities, not an inclination toward/thriving on having so many. Any slight discrepancy in a typing we had finally accepted threw everything off due to struggling with Ne, not thriving on it. This is something I realized and mentioned some time ago. I personally try to shut all possibilities because they stress me out badly and people who thrive on them/have fun with them can tend to annoy me. As I’ve said a million times, I just want to know the truth (in my typing). I’ve still not settled on it, it’s a huge leap. I started realizing some time ago though that I am not a delta NF. In fact, I am not even an intuitive. I was dishonest with myself and others at points. When I joined this forum, I was running from my first typing, which was ESI.

    There is a lot I could say and maybe I will. I only have a phone right now, but I do feel a bit obligated. As time went on, there is information on my typing thread and elsewhere on this thread, that seemed to go ignored. I’ve talked about how I’m naturally a very Ij temperament, to start, there are a ton of reasons Ep/IEE is beyond ridiculous for me that it seriously makes me laugh at this point. I’ve talked about how my most fitting personality type was the melancholic temperament. I’ve talked about how people in my real life tend to view me as more logical and I how I struggle with emotions around people (unless it’s my boyfriend, my dog, or kids I am close to). I’ve talked about how I’m a hermit. I’ve talked about my cool, analytical and even deadpan approach with people irl. There are hinters all over this forum. I was contradictory though and I put a lot of the blame on a stupid typing such as IEE on myself.

    I also ran from Sol’s spotting good sensing and weak intuition. He was absolutely right on that, which is something I figured out the more I learned. I am very aware of both my body and environment, and as I’ve mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I am tidy and anal-retentive. My true nature is fairly uptight. At one point, as I mentioned before, I decided to change. The loss of my sister followed by my time spent working in behavioral health were game changers as well, and honestly, I am 100% miserable in the field. I have never been help or service-oriented, I hate to admit. There is a lot I haven’t talked about or admitted here, and for good reason.

    Gulenko’s typing of me isn’t crazy at all and makes complete sense. There is only one minor detail I caught which wasn’t quite accurate, but everything else was pretty spot on. Gulenko saw Ij, Gulenko saw sensing and yes he saw beta values. Aspects of my history, my romantic situations and my views on certain types of other people (the latter of which I didn’t even mention to him, but was identified elsewhere in typing sessions)... there is a lot here I have not said or admitted and I’ve started to come clean elsewhere. Something happened a couple of years ago that pushed me to change some of my ways further. I do value treating others people kindly and am remorseful when I am a dick, but there is way too much against delta NF at this point pertaining to my true nature... which I really mean EII when I say that because IEE/Ep is so stupid lol. Se PoLr has always been a serious issue for EII as well, but I rationalized it as I could seem to make all the other IE’s work. Fi base I realized, before Gulenko’s typing session even, doesn’t seem to work either. I suck with relations to others and I am also generally paranoid.
    If Gulenko thought you are LSI, and so do you, I don’t see what people would be getting their panties in a bunch for. I personally think it’s great. More power to ya, sister , you’ve got asters support
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  7. #287
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,639
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Methinks more people should get typed. Aster is waiting
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  8. #288
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,986
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a good thread. People get their types right (hopefully) and others (like myself) get my typings of members corrected.

    The more people who are typed correctly the better.

    I still think that even if Gulenko has typed you correctly, this is were the actual work of confirming it and experiencing socionics starts. Otherwise it is mostly a label. You need to figure out what duality, supervision, identity etc are in real life. Gulenko typed you, but you still have to do it yourself. You have to relate everything in socionics to experienced reality.

    Anyway, I think this thread is a step forward for the forum
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  9. #289
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not to intentionally offend anyone who paid for their typing but Gulenko typing you doesn't make it "correct", it's just one opinion among others. You may choose to value this opinion more than other opinions but there are no objective typings and socionics is not a standardized science. All the so-called "socionists" with their institutes practice their own brand of "socionics" and disagree even on each others' self-types.

    Don't let this fad turn into a cult and remain critical.

  10. #290
    Haikus thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    If Gulenko thought you are LSI, and so do you, I don’t see what people would be getting their panties in a bunch for. I personally think it’s great. More power to ya, sister , you’ve got asters support
    Thank you Aster and @Consilience Gulenko’s observations match much more closely with my own and with that of people who are close to me. I’ve been typed as similar elsewhere as well via live voice/video. This forum/people from it has seemed to be the main hub for the delta NF typing which the more I have read and learned I realized was pretty off... it’s like you said though Aster, some people are very insistent. Consilience, you nailed it. Typing people based off a bunch of text on a forum/server whatever, often yields poor results from what I’ve seen.

  11. #291
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,986
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Not to intentionally offend anyone who paid for their typing but Gulenko typing you doesn't make it "correct", it's just one opinion among others. You may choose to value this opinion more than other opinions but there are no objective typings and socionics is not a standardized science. All the so-called "socionists" with their institutes practice their own brand of "socionics" and disagree even on each others' self-types.

    Don't let this fad turn into a cult and remain critical.
    Gulenko's view is definitely more than "just one opinion among others". You as well as I know his track record and knowledge in this field. Of course he can make mistakes, everybody knows that. Lots of things matters when judging who is reliable: Mr G.s own type (LII), his discovery of DCNH ( a huge improvement for more reliable typings), his experience etc. That doesn't mean that one can't be critical of his typings also, but I would never shoot down a typing by him directly, because his experience has more weight than mine.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 12-05-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  12. #292
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Gulenko's view is definitely more than "just one opinion among others". You as well as I know his track record and knowledge in this field. Of course he can make mistakes, everybody knows that. Lots of things matters when judging who is reliable: Mr G.s own type (LII), his discovery of DCNH ( a huge improvement for more reliable typings), his experience etc. That doesn't mean that one can't be critical of his typings also, but I would never shoot down a typing by him directly, simply because his experience has more weight than mine.
    He has a track record of interesting theoretical publications but there is no reason to expect that his typing methodology is objectively superior. The problem remains that the typings of different "socionists" poorly converge. The consensus remains low and there is no "standardized socionics" when it comes to typing people. Every "school" has their own methodology and ranking them against each other is a matter of opinion since there is no objective metric. There is more agreement about the models and definitions of IE's (which isn't much either), but putting it in practice by typing people is a jungle.

    Respecting someone's knowledge is fine, but it is foolish to unquestioningly trust them based on their popularity. Being good with the theory doesn't necessarily translate into being good at putting it into practice. Someone typing you based on two self-recorded monologues totalling about half an hour and translated by a third party doesn't sound like the kind of in-depth analysis that should be accepted as "The Truth".
    It's an interesting point but by no means a definitive answer except to the question "How would Gulenko type me?".

  13. #293
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,986
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    He has a track record of interesting theoretical publications but there is no reason to expect that his typing methodology is objectively superior. The problem remains that the typings of different "socionists" poorly converge. The consensus remains low and there is no "standardized socionics" when it comes to typing people. Every "school" has their own methodology and ranking them against each other is a matter of opinion since there is no objective metric. There is more agreement about the models and definitions of IE's (which isn't much either), but putting it in practice by typing people is a jungle.

    Respecting someone's knowledge is fine, but it is foolish to unquestioningly trust them based on their popularity. Being good with the theory doesn't necessarily translate into being good at putting it into practice. Someone typing you based on two self-recorded monologues totalling about half an hour and translated by a third party doesn't sound like the kind of in-depth analysis that should be accepted as "The Truth".
    It's an interesting point but by no means a definitive answer except to the question "How would Gulenko type me?".
    I think my approach to this problem is less theoretical than yours. I'm judging Gulenko based on my own experience of the accuracy of socionics and DCNH. Also the fact that LIIs tend to be good at typing people + other things like his track record. We are talking about Gulenko and not any typist. Socionics is a real phenomenon so lack of standardization is not as important as one might think. I feel that the points you are making could be valid on a more general level, but in this specific case there are other facts that give special value to Gulenko's typings.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)


    My Pinterest

  14. #294

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Thank you Aster and @Consilience Gulenko’s observations match much more closely with my own and with that of people who are close to me. I’ve been typed as similar elsewhere as well via live voice/video. This forum/people from it has seemed to be the main hub for the delta NF typing which the more I have read and learned I realized was pretty off... it’s like you said though Aster, some people are very insistent. Consilience, you nailed it. Typing people based off a bunch of text on a forum/server whatever, often yields poor results from what I’ve seen.
    Yeap, if I just listened to forum consensus on me (at one point) I would be still typing as LSE or LIE. \_(ツ)_/

    On the contrary, people that saw my video and tried to go by that suggested SLI back then, which is also Fe-PoLR.

    (sans one dude who asked me whether I may be ESE instead of LSE)

  15. #295
    Haikus thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like how people assume that others aren’t thinking critically and are basically just mindless and naive. I am willing to bet every person who has been typed by Gulenko is and has, some of y’all just arrogant af. Sorry if Gulenko’s perceptions happen to resonate far better than that of some of the people on this forum.

  16. #296
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think my approach to this problem is less theoretical than yours. I'm judging Gulenko based on my own experience of the accuracy of socionics and DCNH. Also the fact that LIIs tend to be good at typing people + other things like his track record. We are talking about Gulenko and not any typist. Socionics is a real phenomenon so lack of standardization is not as important as one might think. I feel that the points you are making could be valid on a more general level, but in this specific case there are other facts that give special value to Gulenko's typings.
    I don’t think it is so much theoretical than logical. Why would LII be better at typing than others? I have seen exactly opposite opinions on this as well. I think you are putting Gulenko on a pedestal here, regarding theory I would not mind because he is a well-known contributor and I like his ideas although they aren’t generally undisputed.
    He does have a long experience but the question is if Gulenko’s typings should be considered a ”gold standard” for verifying other typings? I would ask the same if it was Aushra herself because this is no exact science and the ”skill in the craft” is only one piece of the puzzle when it comes to a typing.
    I think knowing yourself and investing a lot into understanding the theories is the best route for self-typing but if there are problems with either then an external typing might help. I wouldn’t consider it a surefire shortcut but an opinion that is worth considering especially if the attached reasoning seems sound.

  17. #297
    💩 Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I'm just giving the details, they matter. The main point was that betas are by nature collectivist authoritarians regardless of political affiliation. One is like that in the family, at work and so on. I consider the group, don't like to make exceptions from the system, authority matters and it cannot be arbitrary aka Ti-Fe > Fi-Te ... Se-Ni > Si - Ne.
    Well that wasn't my main point. Reinin describes beta/Delta as authoritarian and Alpha/Gamma as Democratic. And I haven't found that to be the case after typing people I know well and have typed well. My typings aren't really in question either. I wish you would just stick to criticism of what's said and not make this about something it's not.

    I don't see how trying to determine what ideology has more value has anything to do with this. Gulenko is a clinical psychologist and sociologist with 30 years experience in Socionics, trained by Aura Augustinavičiūtė e_e the founder of socionics, works at the International Institute of Socionics in Kiev in the Ukraine. In as far as the theory is concerned, within the limitations of it's structure, Gulenko IS the most credible authority.
    It had nothing to do with Gulenko. You're just a turd if you think Stalin is when he was a murderous asshole who ruthlessly took power and ruled over the USSR killing anybody he didn't like or disagreed with or anyone that posed a risk to his power, only to have the USSR fall apart in a short amount of time regardless. He was a SHIT leader.

    I'm pretty sure we aren't ignoring it.
    Well then why does no one ever talk about it? Show me where a conversation about it wasn't overshadowed by people saying Jung is different than socionics or that socionics is information metabolism or just that socionics is just different for whatever reason. I bet you can't.

    That line of reasoning makes no sense. I am not qualified to determine ppl's type, which is why I went to get typed by Gulenko. I doubt other ppl here are qualified either, they do weird things like mistake PolR for base function., that is all.
    Then you also aren't qualified to assume other people can't type just because "you doubt" they can. That is all.

    Address the issues, deviating into ad hominem is pointless.
    When you stop missing every point I make every time I try and communicate with you, I'll stop seeing you as somebody with a stick up their ass.

    I don't see why or how understanding or caring about specific individuals or not affects the validity of my arguments.
    Of course you wouldn't understand that genuinely getting to know people might actually give you a real understanding of their problems, or even better their "type". Because you don't type people, you let Gulenko do that for you.

    I've got no strings

    To hold me down
    To make me fret
    Or make me frown
    I had strings
    But now I'm free
    There are no strings on me

  18. #298
    💩 Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Northstar
    I agree.

    I've got no strings

    To hold me down
    To make me fret
    Or make me frown
    I had strings
    But now I'm free
    There are no strings on me

  19. #299
    💩 Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    This isn’t hard to see at all. People fail to see that our obsession and confusion with our typing was due to an issue with accepting possibilities, not an inclination toward/thriving on having so many. Any slight discrepancy in a typing we had finally accepted threw everything off due to struggling with Ne, not thriving on it. This is something I realized and mentioned some time ago. I personally try to shut all possibilities because they stress me out badly and people who thrive on them/have fun with them can tend to annoy me. As I’ve said a million times, I just want to know the truth (in my typing). I’ve still not settled on it, it’s a huge leap. I started realizing some time ago though that I am not a delta NF. In fact, I am not even an intuitive. I was dishonest with myself and others at points. When I joined this forum, I was running from my first typing, which was ESI.

    There is a lot I could say and maybe I will. I only have a phone right now, but I do feel a bit obligated. As time went on, there is information on my typing thread and elsewhere on this thread, that seemed to go ignored. I’ve talked about how I’m naturally a very Ij temperament, to start, there are a ton of reasons Ep/IEE is beyond ridiculous for me that it seriously makes me laugh at this point. I’ve talked about how my most fitting personality type was the melancholic temperament. I’ve talked about how people in my real life tend to view me as more logical and I how I struggle with emotions around people (unless it’s my boyfriend, my dog, or kids I am close to). I’ve talked about how I’m a hermit. I’ve talked about my cool, analytical and even deadpan approach with people irl. There are hinters all over this forum. I was contradictory though and I put a lot of the blame on a stupid typing such as IEE on myself.

    I also ran from Sol’s spotting good sensing and weak intuition. He was absolutely right on that, which is something I figured out the more I learned. I am very aware of both my body and environment, and as I’ve mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I am tidy and anal-retentive. My true nature is fairly uptight. At one point, as I mentioned before, I decided to change. The loss of my sister followed by my time spent working in behavioral health were game changers as well, and honestly, I am 100% miserable in the field. I have never been help or service-oriented, I hate to admit. There is a lot I haven’t talked about or admitted here, and for good reason.

    Gulenko’s typing of me isn’t crazy at all and makes complete sense. There is only one minor detail I caught which wasn’t quite accurate, but everything else was pretty spot on. Gulenko saw Ij, Gulenko saw sensing and yes he saw beta values. Aspects of my history, my romantic situations and my views on certain types of other people (the latter of which I didn’t even mention to him, but was identified elsewhere in typing sessions)... there is a lot here I have not said or admitted and I’ve started to come clean elsewhere. Something happened a couple of years ago that pushed me to change some of my ways further. I do value treating others people kindly and am remorseful when I am a dick, but there is way too much against delta NF at this point pertaining to my true nature... which I really mean EII when I say that because IEE/Ep is so stupid lol. Se PoLr has always been a serious issue for EII as well, but I rationalized it as I could seem to make all the other IE’s work. Fi base I realized, before Gulenko’s typing session even, doesn’t seem to work either. I suck with relations to others and I am also generally paranoid.
    See this is what I was trying to say before to Shotgun, you type "LSI", but you don't represent the stupid stereotypes of say an authoritarian dickwad that doesn't care about being kind or isn't remorseful and such.
    My SLE step-father is Canadian and he's actually really nice. He's actually anti-authoritarian and values that everyone should be free as much as possible. I think the only thing that gets him into trouble with people is when he's too honest without considering their feelings, which probably relates to Fi polr. I have a similar problem and it's even described in the Fi role descriptions for LII. He can be brutally analytical, but it's not that he wants to hurt people and he's not really into violence or just being intimidating and aggressive either. He just likes to experience things and have fun and use his thinking for practical and business pursuits.

    But anyway, I wasn't against you being LSI, just for the record if anyone cares what I think or might have said about it, just seemed odd to see so much convergence of Gulenko typing people LSI when I have theoretical issues with some of his LSI typings being justified with DCNH, like with Elon Musk.

    edit: and I think my point is that "real" types aren't cookie-cutter. Everyone thinking everything falls nicely into categories and specific perceptions is probably biased. Things just fall where they do. That's reality.

    I've got no strings

    To hold me down
    To make me fret
    Or make me frown
    I had strings
    But now I'm free
    There are no strings on me

  20. #300
    Haikus thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    See this is what I was trying to say before to Shotgun, you type "LSI", but you don't represent the stupid stereotypes of say an authoritarian dickwad that doesn't care about being kind or isn't remorseful and such.
    My SLE step-father is Canadian and he's actually really nice. He's actually anti-authoritarian and values that everyone should be free as much as possible. I think the only thing that gets him into trouble with people is when he's too honest without considering their feelings, which probably relates to Fi polr. I have a similar problem and it's even described in the Fi role descriptions for LII. He can be brutally analytical, but it's not that he wants to hurt people and he's not really into violence or just being intimidating and aggressive either. He just likes to experience things and have fun and use his thinking for practical and business pursuits.

    But anyway, I wasn't against you being LSI, just for the record if anyone cares what I think or might have said about it, just seemed odd to see so much convergence of Gulenko typing people LSI when I have theoretical issues with some of his LSI typings being justified with DCNH, like with Elon Musk.

    edit: and I think my point is that "real" types aren't cookie-cutter. Everyone thinking everything falls nicely into categories and specific perceptions is probably biased. Things just fall where they do. That's reality.
    I think stereotypes do really cloud people’s judgment in this. For the record, as stated, I am not completely settled on the type as of yet, but there is way more about it that makes sense.

  21. #301
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Dogsville California >)
    TIM
    LSI-H
    Posts
    1,806
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Well that wasn't my main point. Reinin describes beta/Delta as authoritarian and Alpha/Gamma as Democratic. And I haven't found that to be the case after typing people I know well and have typed well. My typings aren't really in question either. I wish you would just stick to criticism of what's said and not make this about something it's not.
    Because you typed them wrong. Obviously.

    It had nothing to do with Gulenko. You're just a turd if you think Stalin is when he was a murderous asshole who ruthlessly took power and ruled over the USSR killing anybody he didn't like or disagreed with or anyone that posed a risk to his power, only to have the USSR fall apart in a short amount of time regardless. He was a SHIT leader.
    I agree, yeah, so your point with this is?

    Well then why does no one ever talk about it? Show me where a conversation about it wasn't overshadowed by people saying Jung is different than socionics or that socionics is information metabolism or just that socionics is just different for whatever reason. I bet you can't.
    It is addressed in Gulenko's book, see up to page 36 from the beginning. Socionics is based on Jung's work and it is explained how and why they came up with the 16 types.

    Here is just one an extract from page 19:

    Jung distinguished four main foci of reality perception: Thinking,
    Feeling, Sensation, and Intuition, which, in combination with extraversion
    and introversion, provide eight main psychological types (Jung also
    outlined some of the 16 types via the Auxiliary function, e.g. “practical
    intellect for instance paired with sensation,” which we call “LSE” and
    “speculative intellect breaking through with intuition” which we call
    “LII”). This model was first offered by Jung in his work on the psychology
    of individuation: Psychological Types. His theoretical constructs were
    coined in parallel with their practical verification. Second only in
    importance to extraversion/introversion (vertness), Jung emphasised
    another scale marker: rationality/ irrationality (this was later expanded
    upon in Humanitarian Socionics in its formulation of the socionic
    temperaments). So, the system of differentiation characteristics is a set of
    four dichotomous scales (that divide into two poles): logical/ethical,
    sensory/intuitive, extraverted/ introverted and rational/irrational.
    Combining these characteristics creates the following types.
    Another one from page 15:

    Considering Jung’s contribution, I would give the following definition
    of the sociotype: a sociotype is a structure of the collective unconscious,
    which controls the interaction of physical, informational (intellectual),
    psychological, and social (mnemonic: PIPS) manifestations of personality
    Then you also aren't qualified to assume other people can't type just because "you doubt" they can. That is all.
    Thats what I said. I'm a merry aka subjectivist according to quadric dichotomies. I place weight on reputation. You guys have no reputation, I have no reputation, we aren't trained in this, so I disregard anything you guys say and I question my own observations and reasoning on other people's types. I did type myself across several models and systems, LSI is the only type that makes sense across the board for me due to many reasons. Idk about other ppl, I'm satisfied with knowing this about myself.

    When someone comes to me saying they are my dual and they haven't been typed by someone with reputation, I don't believe them lol.. why would I?
    When you stop missing every point I make every time I try and communicate with you, I'll stop seeing you as somebody with a stick up their ass.
    Idk, you seem to me like you are emotional and angry. Its pointless to converse with you, I'm mainly writing this for other ppl reading.

    Of course you wouldn't understand that genuinely getting to know people might actually give you a real understanding of their problems, or even better their "type". Because you don't type people, you let Gulenko do that for you.
    yeah, but I don't care about your problems, nor do I want to type you. e_e I'm not your shrink, friend, parent or nanny..

  22. #302
    Alive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    1,324
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know how expensive it is to get typed by gulenko, but if you're unsure about your typing, he is probably the best person to help you figure it out. he has decades of experience and makes most people on this website look like amateurs (no offense). I had four skype conversations with his team which lasted around 3 hours each and the knowledge they have about the theory is just much greater than that of any english socionics researcher I've read about so far. (I translate a lot of his work into german and his team explained their theories to me). even when I disagreed on a typing from their gallery, they usually offer me a very good explanation on how they came to a certain conclusion.

  23. #303
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    beta nf
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I like how people assume that others aren’t thinking critically and are basically just mindless and naive. I am willing to bet every person who has been typed by Gulenko is and has, some of y’all just arrogant af. Sorry if Gulenko’s perceptions happen to resonate far better than that of some of the people on this forum.
    If his perceptions resonate better with certain individuals, there is no issue with that. However, I think what people are trying to say is that his typings shouldn't be just accepted at face value. If people are just accepting his typings at face value cause he's an "authority figure" then they do lack critical thinking and are mindless and naive.

    Just because someone creates a typology system that does not mean they will necessarily be good at applying said system to actual people.

  24. #304
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,403
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have accurately identified the type of so many in the famous people section, but no one seems to accept them. Is it time to write my own book in psychological types? Anybody interested?

    Anyway. Very strongly believe Maya Plisetskaya corresponds to the ESFP Napoleon category.
    This is the comment you are looking for



  25. #305
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    beta nf
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Have accurately identified the type of so many in the famous people section, but no one seems to accept them. Is it time to write my own book in psychological types? Anybody interested?

    Anyway. Very strongly believe Maya Plisetskaya corresponds to the ESFP Napoleon category.
    I think I speak for everyone when I say no one is interested in that.

  26. #306
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,403
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    I think I speak for everyone when I say no one is interested in that.
    Do you speak for everyone? Are you sure?

    Nobody believes that Paris Hilton type is ENFJ Hamlet. What a pity!

    This is the comment you are looking for



  27. #307
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    beta nf
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Do you speak for everyone? Are you sure?

    Nobody believes that Paris Hilton type is ENFJ Hamlet. What a pity!

    What type are you?

  28. #308
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,826
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    I think I speak for everyone when I say no one is interested in that.
    No, you don't.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  29. #309
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    beta nf
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    No, you don't.
    Would you be interested in their book?

  30. #310
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,826
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    Would you be interested in their book?
    Possibly.

    I always thought @khcs's typings to be interesting, personally, so I'd be interested in readings their reasonings behind said typings.

    Btw, I didn't mean to be a dick or anything, but it's kinda tough to speak "for everyone" usually.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  31. #311
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,403
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    What type are you?
    Pink with a pie.
    This is the comment you are looking for



  32. #312
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,826
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Have accurately identified the type of so many in the famous people section, but no one seems to accept them.
    Well personally, I'm just as interested in the reasoning behind a typing as I am in the conclusion.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  33. #313
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    beta nf
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Irrelevant.
    No need to be so harsh on yourself

  34. #314
    Haikus thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    I don't know how expensive it is to get typed by gulenko, but if you're unsure about your typing, he is probably the best person to help you figure it out. he has decades of experience and makes most people on this website look like amateurs (no offense). I had four skype conversations with his team which lasted around 3 hours each and the knowledge they have about the theory is just much greater than that of any english socionics researcher I've read about so far. (I translate a lot of his work into german and his team explained their theories to me). even when I disagreed on a typing from their gallery, they usually offer me a very good explanation on how they came to a certain conclusion.
    Nice to see you again, Sound

  35. #315
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    beta nf
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Possibly.

    I always thought @khcs's typings to be interesting, personally, so I'd be interested in readings their reasonings behind said typings.

    Btw, I didn't mean to be a dick or anything, but it's kinda tough to speak "for everyone" usually.
    Well I mean of course I didn't literally mean everyone but just seeing the general reception to their typings it seems reasonable to assume most people wouldn't be interested.

  36. #316
    Alive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    1,324
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Nice to see you again, Sound
    I need an account to read some messages about Model G on here and I have too much time because of covid...

  37. #317
    Haikus thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,203
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    I need an account to read some messages about Model G on here and I have too much time because of covid...
    Understandable, I am being genuine though not giving you a hard time

  38. #318
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,403
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Well personally, I'm just as interested in the reasoning behind a typing as I am in the conclusion.
    Spent a lot of time with the definition of the Jungian functions. Have different explanations of them from.

    For example. What is the difference between empathy and sympathy?

    What are the positive and negative aspects of them? Are they type related or not? Are they related to the Jungian functions or not?
    Last edited by khcs; 12-05-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    This is the comment you are looking for



  39. #319
    Alive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    1,324
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Nice to see you again, Sound
    haha thanks. the place itself isn't too bad, but most typings here give me a headache, and sol + khcs spamming every thread I find interesting doesn't help. gulenko wanted to travel to berlin to visit me with his team a couple of months ago but covid ruined that, feels bad. maybe next year.

  40. #320
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,826
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Spent a lot of time with the definition of the Jungian functions. Have different explanations of them from.

    For example. What is the difference between empathy and sympathy?

    What are the positive and negative aspects of them? Are they type related or not? Are they related to the Jungian functions or not?
    Fi vs Fe?
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •