Thread: Ignoring function & Co

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ignoring function & Co

Last edited by persimmonism; 07-22-2021 at 08:52 PM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think with ignoring function is the function you look down upon because it runs the opposite direction of your lead function but it’s also something that you deem to be so easy it isn’t worth your time to bother with it. I think it’s only engaged when you’re forced into a position where you can’t use your base and have no choice but to temporarily use ignoring as a poor substitute.

As for demo, it’s just as strong as the base and serves to execute the base’s desires for creative’s reasons. Demo supports the creative sort of like a shield and is used in a self-serving, careless manner because it’s unvalued. Bear in mind that where the program IM is mental, inert, and accepting; the background (demonstrative) IM is vital, contact, and producing. The background IM (demo) effectively “lies in wait,” much like the creative, unless provided with a context by the program itself (base) to come into play. Furthermore, the same aspect of information in the program IM simply takes its processing of information for granted as an objective fact of reality, whereas in the background the same thing is not objective but instrumental and suited to the demands of the environment.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It serves as a source of self-irritation. So you kind of leave it be but also give hints to others as you go.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're actually very good with it but don't like using it much. If you worked a little harder at it, it would probably yield a lot more positive results. The problem is it doesn't really satisfy the user even tho they are good at it. (and it's unvalued)

I would suggest using the creative function to help with the natural ennui of the ignoring function.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"ignoring" function is incorrect term. as it's strong function and hence it exists in the consciousness a lot

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a contentious question.

In terms of "quantity" (which is a very rough and not necessarily fundamental metric) - 7 is clearly used less than 1, 2, 6, 8. Arguably used less than 3 also. I find in dual/semidual relations we take responsibility more easily for 3 than 7, although the one with it as 7 is like the "silent advisor" or sidekick, similar to the dynamic with 2 and 6, where we think about it more than we "do" it, comparatively.
    It's used more than 4, as most people would agree.
    When it comes to 5, it's a bit more complicated and I don't think quantity is the right way to think about it. 5 can either be totally neglected, or something that we do try at, albeit in a very weak and tentative manner. 7 is used more silently, for oneself, so it is often not visible. Probably 5 is more visible on the whole, while being much weaker compared to 7.

Qualitatively, it's something we use for ourselves (with some annoyance but still being able to call upon when necessary), but largely reject when it comes from others or contradicts the goals of the leading function.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that I kind of literally ignore the function when it comes from others, almost unconsciously, my mind immediately asks "Why is this person doing this." instead of seeing what they are actually doing and just that. Like my brain completely bypasses the Fe and starts wondering about all the Ne reasons the person did what they did. I know when I use it to get out of a sticky situation it does feel like I am violating myself, like I succumbed to behavior that is very unlike me.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Exclamation Difference between ignoring and polr?

I'll ignore Si. I can relax, make myself comfortable and balance myself. Check my vital signs, but largely ignore it in favour of forcing myself through doing things. I just really don't care about it. Self-care is boring to me, but I still do it. It's there in the psyche, but largely ignored. I understand it, but it's not something I go out of my way to do.

PoLR is the thing you're uncomfortable doing. Ti PoLR is something that I hate doing, and feel under confident doing it, and the decisions I make using it are pretty poor. When people try and enforce rules on me, try and categorise me using logic without an actually good explanation, and expect me to do the same, it really pisses me off a lot. I feel so much pressure when forced to do it, and I prefer to simplify things, rather than have elaborate explanations.

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I know when I use it to get out of a sticky situation it does feel like I am violating myself, like I succumbed to behavior that is very unlike me.
    Maybe that's why I've felt so fake.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo, it's the function one has the least control over, and similarly to Mobilizing it serves to launch the activity of the Dominant function. The type wants to solve Ignoring function problems using his Dominant.

From the top of my head:

Ignoring Ni: "Your life isn't going anywhere right now" -> Dominant Ne:"let's look for shiny new possibilities, maybe there is some solace in there"(instead of actually trying to understand what one's purpose is)

Ingnoring Ne: "There are so many possibilities of things going wrong" -> Dominant Ni: "let's deeply examine where this scenario is going in order to be prepared"(instead of doing something to prevent things from going wrong)

Ignoring Si: "You're not getting what you need from life" -> Dominant Se: "let's look out for ways to achieve my interests and satisfy my impulses"(instead of reflecting about what one's needs truly are)

Ignoring Fe: "This topic makes me angry and act out easily" -> Dominant Fi: "let's analyse which feelings make me act this way" (instead of learning to adapt one's behaviour)

Since it's so difficult to have control over your ignoring, most people won't ever adress these problems using the function that created it. It's at the same time overwhelming, boring and against the values of the ego, so that immature people use denial, repression or manipulative control of others to solve those. I guess that's where the contradictory names of Ignoring/Observing/Controlling come from.

Your dual often helps alleviate those problems to a certain degree.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valuing your ignoring function makes you a genius, because it kinda works as an alternative approach to solve problems related to your suggestive function, but people tend to do what they like, and engaging the ignoring is boring as hell, but it gives the best results.
    Once you realize that, life gets way easier
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!