Thread: Unreliable IEEs-ENFps

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unreliable IEEs-ENFps

Is unreliability typical for ENFps in general, or just for unhealthy ones (or "extreme" ones)?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Is unreliability typical for ENFps in general, or just for unhealthy ones (or "extreme" ones)?
    It's basically an important part of accepting Ne. Can't have it without being unreliable.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be unreliable, often because I simply forget things, but geeze as we mature I'd hope most people learn to like keep a calendar or whatever you have to do to at least TRY to follow through on things. This guy is a few years older than I am even.

I mean if he calls and says he's on his way over, how hard is it to either come over, or call back and say, "sorry - I got held up"
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO unreliability isn't a fate you can't escape. It might be a tendency, but you can fight against it. - Or maybe that's just me having grown up in an ISTj society.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was a teen and into my early twenties I had a problem with being unreliable. I was always running late, full of apologies etc. Then I had to work for some hard core ISTJs and they would not accept my excuses. I got tough with myself and started being more responsible. Now I feel much better because I (for the most part) do what I say I will do. I still have problems with time management every now and then but I try to be considerate of others. Shockingly some of my friends will try to get me to blow off stuff so I can hang with them. I always tell them if have a commitment and Im going to stick to it the same way I would if I had made a commitment to them. That seems to do the trick. Still, time management, routines and follow through dont come easy to an ENFP. ISTJs have it nailed down more than any other type though.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My ENFp mother can also be very unreliable. It was actually something I craved when I was younger, reliability and stability, but I never got it. I've learned to adapt to it, though. If my mom says that she'll be somewhere at a certain time, I usually tack on another hour or so in my mind.

But my mom balances out her unreliability by being extremely loyal and hardworking once she does commit to something. For example, she's been helping my sister out with her new baby a lot. She'll tell my sister the day before, "I'll be there in the morning!" Then she'll call the next day around 3pm and say, "On my way!" and then she'll get there at 6pm. But once she does get there, she completely takes care of the baby and lets my sister take a nap for a few hours. She'll also show up with a bunch of stuff for my sister, like diapers, good food, etc. I hope that was an okay example

In sum, she can be pretty unreliable, but it's okay because she makes up for it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reliable? I need three alarms just to get up in the morning ... what does that tell you? - I am usually pretty good at keeping my commitments, though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luckily this isn't a major problem for me. Having an ISTj dad does have some benefits i suppose.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    It's basically an important part of accepting Ne. Can't have it without being unreliable.
    Tr00th.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Luckily this isn't a major problem for me. Having an ISTj dad does have some benefits i suppose.
    Or an ISFj mum. (Same here.)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or an ISFj mum. (Same here.)
    Hehe i have one of them too

Probablly when i move out next year i will become more scattered
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit, I'm pretty unreliable.

To make up for it, I tend to refuse to take on commitments.

Normally, I do pretty good with that, however recently I almost lost the friendship of someone in the neighborhood because I had taken efforts to help work on training their 1yo golden retriever/lab, however I got majorly side-tracked and thus didn't follow through with what I had started.

Part of that particular issue though, was that I felt as if I was having to fight with their 25yo daughter just to gain access to the dog. It's not MY dog, I was doing a favor for the couple, so why should *I* have to deal with that?

Anyways....vent over....just admitting that I am quite unreliable, though I tend to take efforts to relieve the effects of it on others.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'll give this ENFp a bit of credit. He figured out that having his junk car taking up our garage space is getting annoying, so he was here ALL DAY today, when he said he be here and he kept at it all day.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

i dunno about being unreliable, if i make a commitment, i will be there on time, it takes a lot for me to be late for something i committed too.

on the other hand, i dont commit to a lot because of this, i purposefully keep myself uncommited, maybe there is a lack of communication about the fact that this person has to be there? i kno this has happened to me before where i didnt see somethign as fully planned and the other party got mad because i didnt show up
    Last edited by silke; 03-16-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: edited out spam link

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Well I'll give this ENFp a bit of credit. He figured out that having his junk car taking up our garage space is getting annoying, so he was here ALL DAY today, when he said he be here and he kept at it all day.
    I think the thing here is that IEEs irritate IEEs at a close distance, and not that they are so terrible in and of themselves. I personally can't stand 'em. I hide all the really interesting things in my life from them, because otherwise they want to get in on the action, get to know my people, try on my opportunities for size, skim my cream, etc. etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I think the thing here is that IEEs irritate IEEs at a close distance, and not that they are so terrible in and of themselves. I personally can't stand 'em. I hide all the really interesting things in my life from them, because otherwise they want to get in on the action, get to know my people, try on my opportunities for size, skim my cream, etc. etc.
    awww man! share the wealth

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually it's not that bad, because IEEs can also tell who's interested in them and usually won't impose themselves beyond a certain point. The ones that do are very irritating, though.