Thread: What type, function, or quadra is more prone to fall into peer pressure?

Magical girl (◠‿・)—☆ ShiningLunette's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type, function, or quadra is more prone to fall into peer pressure?

I'm basically immune to peer pressure. You can never use the argument of "look at how many other people are doing it" to convince me. I simply won't do or follow if i don't want to or if i don't think its right. I only follow my own pace. Its also why my mom have always told me she trusted me to go anywhere because i'm stable and strong in my values and i don't fall into peer pressure and i don't get swayed or get influenced by others, as opposed to my sister who is prone to fall into peer pressure and figuratively would jump off a cliff just because others are doing it to fit in with them.
    Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soc last

Magical girl (◠‿・)—☆ ShiningLunette's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Soc last
    Are you saying I'm soc last or that soc last are more prone to falling into peer pressure? i'm admittedly not sure of my enneagram instinctual stacking because it sounds confusing to me.
    Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningLunette View Post
    Are you saying I'm soc last or that soc last are more prone to falling into peer pressure? i'm admittedly not sure of my enneagram instinctual stacking because it sounds confusing to me.
    You could be social last! here, scroll through this. i like this thread.

Actually, the EIIs I know regardless of stacking all share the characteristic of being firmly rooted in their values, regardless of what the world has to say.
    Could very well be a delta thing, in general.

Beta is the most image-oriented quadra.. perhaps it follows that delta is the least (Fi>Fe , Si>Se..) .. in some article I read that Beta can be described as being in the void, whereas delta is outside of it (and i think alpha is staring at it, gamma climbing out of it..?)
    beta sees themselves as totally within the environment and they must adapt to it within its netting.. while delta is apart.
    whale that's just my understanding.

Welcome to the forum btw!
    Last edited by persimmonism; 11-14-2020 at 04:27 AM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m a social 8 and I’m not prone to peer pressure. If anything, I like to peer pressure others

I’d say Alpha Quadra most likely because they value Fe and Si: join in and go along with it, don’t rock the boat. They’re the most inclusive Quadra so they feed off of more in numbers doing them same thing. I think social media fads is a good example of Alpha peer pressure.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Youths are the more susceptible. I've met some SEI adults who I would label acolyte and I've met many IEI who were very image conscious so could be influenced that way. XIIs have the tools to be the most insulated from peer pressure but even they can succumb to certain threats.

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

All types accept easier than average external influences in their weak regions. Especially in valued weak regions. It's more so when that goes from people who they like personally, trust to their authority, by a majority of significant people.
    As this happens in weak and hence lesser conscious regions so people may understeemate the degree of this influence.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that Fe is the function that is the most susceptible to peer pressure.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hmm I think it might be a combination of weak-ish Ni, but reasonably strong or at least average Fe and Te.

I have noticed if somebody doesn't like something or somebody they will often accuse the other people of "following a fad" even though that's not what they are doing at all. I have been falsely accused of being this preppy social climber f*g that you see on TV that uses homosexuality as a fad and honestly that's not like me at all. I could never be popular or 'basic' like that, in that sense- and follow the fad just to make people happy. But I think because the person just doesn't like me or want to understand me in any deeper way so they pigeon hole me into being that lol.

Always we take for granted sometimes I think that somebody "being a Normie Karen and just doing what everybody else is doing" - it's something that is actually happening completely by accident, they aren't necessarily planning anything- but humans have a tendency to think that there's some dark Machivallean power play thing when there isn't any. I mean, I'm definitely a weirdo unique dork- but I also enjoy pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. Shoot me.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m with @Sol on this one.

In the case of SEIs. Weak Ni and strong Fe should mean nothing in the area of Si: how could this type be manipulated or forced in the area of comfort? Their profile even states something like preferring comfort over fashion. In consequence, for young women starting in the adolescent years and on other girls that spend hours applying make up for the boys to notice them are wasting their time; the latest harming waxing fad is for the brain-dead; mindless extra work for the sake of others is a sign of refusal to see things for what they are. “How can the women not rebel against all this, have they no dignity?”

If you think you’re above peer pressure, check your weak functions and see how others do an Irish dancing routine over your sense of individuality, probably.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really respect women who do not wear high heels.
    They know what matters.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think feelers and extroverts mostly are the ones prone to being peer pressured, at least that's what makes sense from my pov
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI's of course.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd say that us Gamma's are the least likely to fall prey to pier pressure. / and / kinda ensure that anyone who values those will quite eagerly tell a gaggle of idiots who tell em' to accept/do X to go fuck themselves if they've done their research and have already concluded that Y is the correct answer. Can't rightly pass judgement on the other quadras right now. I'd have to think about how the other combinations would either favor or disadvantage the person attempting to leverage pier pressure upon them.

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Delta quadra types are the least likeliest to fall for peer pressure. Not that that's necessarily a good thing even though they are sure to think so. In fact, it was probably a Delta who invented the term "peer pressure" in order to justify their inability to adapt to others. "Don't fall for peer pressure" is a stupid saying because it gives the anti-social EII's a justification for their anime addictions.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it not be the case that it depends on how you hit one’s suggestive, activating, or other functions?

Does anybody think this sounds right?
    How to increase peer pressure susceptibility:
    Base - resonance
    Creative - opportunity to provide
    Role - shame
    Vulnerable - threat
    Suggestive - opportunity to receive
    Activating - flattery
    Demonstrative - promise to not require?
    Ignoring - uh... promise to ignore?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    Role - shame
    Vulnerable - threat
    I could agree with this but it is interesting to read Jung. He as LII was only able to articulate this role thing in these terms. It takes time to really get how people receive it. I have seen several LII's who flee the situation Fi reasons as their feelings trap them completely but then there are those who either flatline themselves or just look completely untouched. I think I have had lots of inner tension regarding Se. I try to deal with it privately so I don't need to put attention to it publicly. I'll work with threat somehow it has never made me back down definitely when confronted. How doI do it? That is another matter...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People are always pressuring others to act in accordance with their values.