Thread: Why is there so many overlap between SEI and EII?

Magical girl (◠‿・)—☆ ShiningLunette's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why is there so many overlap between SEI and EII?

Why is there so many overlap between SEI and EII? As far as similarities, they're both portrayed as docile, Sensitive, gentle, tolerant, and peaceful. There was a slight mention that SEI are more opt to be assertive about their opinions while EII having Se polr have trouble saying no and more opt to hide or be private with their opinions. Also that EII are likely to stop being nice when they notice their ethics or values are being violated, whereas SEI to always be nice no matter how they feel about someone. What are more examples of Differences?
    Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs do this thing where something hurtful happens, and then suddenly they are bored of it and it should be "water under the bridge" but an Fi lead does not function this way. We are not being "fussy"; we want a consistency in relations and we want to solve whatever tension there was in the past. If it can't be resolved, then we move past it and perhaps even distance ourselves. I find it really odd when someone apparently acts like that tension does not exist anymore.
    Wow I relate to this. I agree I like to solve and fix Emotional problems, I don't like to burry it. In my mind tho, that's because it's obviously the correct way of building and maintaining relationships. If you or the other person continuously built resentment, the relationship will eventually explode and dissolve. It's just logical prediction of a relationship. You aren't correctly nurturing the relationship in the right direction.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sometimes benefit types seem quite close to each other in certain ways. There certainly are eccentric EIE's as ILE is usually the benchmark here.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningLunette View Post
    Why is there so many overlap between SEI and EII? As far as similarities, they're both portrayed as docile, Sensitive, gentle, tolerant, and peaceful. There was a slight mention that SEI are more opt to be assertive about their opinions while EII having Se polr have trouble saying no and more opt to hide or be private with their opinions. Also that EII are likely to stop being nice when they notice their ethics or values are being violated, whereas SEI to always be nice no matter how they feel about someone. What are more examples of Differences?
    Their information processing configurations are so very different. Gum can be chewed in many different ways but some may not see the nuances; one has to analyse how one expresses sensitivity, gentleness, tolerance and peacefulness.
    EII vs SEI
    detached vs involved
    idealist vs practical
    open vs guarded
    question vs go with the flow
    expansive vs focused
    preach vs brain storm
    over the horizon vs here and now
    broad vs narrow
    choose words vs direct
    society vs people

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If it seems as rather different types have much of similarity - then there is a lack of theory understanding and types of people used as examples can be other.
    Also when as examples are used people which you don't know good IRL - the lack of info may predispose to not enough correct understanding them.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is there so many overlap between SEI and EII?
    Why are pyramids all over the world so similar? Well, they aren't, and the same applies to SEIs and EIIs. They are docile, sensitive, gentle, tolerant, and peaceful in totally different ways.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Why are pyramids all over the world so similar? Well, they aren't, and the same applies to SEIs and EIIs. They are docile, sensitive, gentle, tolerant, and peaceful in totally different ways.
    Yes can you lay down the difference please?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes can you lay down the difference please?
    i could, but it would take so many words, so many examples and so much time that I wouldn't know where to begin. Apart from that, my personal way of getting to know the differences, is by using Fi: e.g. if confronted with the peacefulness of either type,what are the feelings they invoke in me? The peacefulness of SEI is very much about a motivation for relaxation, whereas in the EII it is more likely motivated by conflict avoidance and moral stand. Each type in this way is trying to create a social environment that suits themselves best.

If you are indeed EII (I have no idea about your type myself), give yourself some time to learn how behavioral traits relate to motivation. Fi is the perfect Information Element for that.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    i could, but it would take so many words, so many examples and so much time that I wouldn't know where to begin. Apart from that, my personal way of getting to know the differences, is by using Fi: e.g. if confronted with the peacefulness of either type,what are the feelings they invoke in me? The peacefulness of SEI is very much about a motivation for relaxation, whereas in the EII it is more likely motivated by conflict avoidance and moral stand. Each type in this way is trying to create a social environment that suits themselves best.

If you are indeed EII (I have no idea about your type myself), give yourself some time to learn how behavioral traits relate to motivation. Fi is the perfect Information Element for that.
    This was helpful feedback. Thank you!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well it's like this.

Anybody you share a one dimensional function with you are going to be really similar to. So ESIs and IEIs are actually a lot more alike than they are different even tho one is 'Gamma' and one is 'Beta' - and one dual seeks Te and one is weak against it. And why they tend to get along.

Both EII and SEI have weak 1D Te and so they are going to say a lot of the similar stuff at times.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're a benefit pair and benefit pairs tend to be difficult to distinguish, maybe the most of any relation. They share one 4P function and one 4D function, one 1P function and one 1D function.

I would modify or add to the things you've listed somewhat. EIIs are more judgmental and less prone to treating everyone the same way, they're more willing to distance themselves or at least not try to be nice proactively (though they may avoid conflict and potentially stressful situations more in the negative sense). They tend to be less overtly positive and expressive. SEIs "bend" more socially to avoid negative reactions, EIIs care more about work-related performance, and prioritize quality of work more. SEIs keep a more even keel and are less anxious as a rule.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think because type 9 is common for both of them.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn’t really a response to the thread title, more an anecdote about benefit relations. We have a new temp at my work place- a young isfj guy. I work fairly closely with him and I am so grateful he’s around (everyone else is so on edge about the pandemic and our teams have all been swapped around so I’m not with my friends). He’s so hardworking but has such a calm, relaxed vibe. I feel quite relaxed around him and even though he is quiet I find what he does say interesting and he makes me laugh too. I am embracing the dynamic I have with isfjs since discovering socionics. (Have had isfj friends before but now I understand the dynamic better) Glad there are some in my life even if they are aquaintances rather than friends.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

As @ShiningLunette thinks herself as one of types which she has difficulties to distinguish clearly while those types are not close, then there is significant possibility she has not EII as thinks at now but SEI or close type.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    As @ShiningLunette thinks herself as one of types which she has difficulties to distinguish clearly while those types are not close, then there is significant possibility she has not EII as thinks at now but SEI or close type.
    Well that's quite the assumption u have there. I have not thought about myself as SEI. As I already have told you before I made my research and I identify most with Se polr therefore only EII or LII are viable option for me. I'm asking here to gain knowledge because alot of people describe both of them as somewhat the same so it's knowledge for the sake of knowledge. Maybe it'll help not to assume people motives.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI
    - The person that lightens the mood, enjoys life and helps people relax
    - lives more in the moment/short-term thinker
    - highly attuned to the physical state of others, excellent at making them feel relaxed and cared for
    - strong sense of taste
    - more likely to come off as jokey

EII
    - The humanist/empath that is concerned with the needs and development of others
    - has a vision for the future/long-term thinker
    - highly attuned to people's feelings, can feel what other's are feeling
    - strong sense of morality
    - more likely to come off as serious