Thread: What types are the ones who take everything literally and cant (or bad) at recognizing jokes?

Magical girl (◠‿・)—☆ ShiningLunette's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types are the ones who take everything literally and cant (or bad) at recognizing jokes or trolls?

What types are the ones who take everything literally and cant (or bad) at recognizing jokes or trolls? because they think people usually mean what they say.
    Last edited by ShiningLunette; 11-15-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NFs. It’s either a joke to them but not a joke in reality or they joke about stuff that’s not funny in reality. They’re missing a lot of context probably due to bad Te but Ne and Fi don’t help them grasp the gravity of what’s going on outside of *their* world.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

STs perceive and prefer to rationalize real/factual information so they tend to be the most literal; however, humour or the lack thereof has more to do with one's background/influences so isn't type related although types of preferred humour may be. Many XIIs seem to like nuanced humour that may not be detectable by all - some see humour in someone not seeing the joke.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi dom. Necrophilia, slurs, anything too overtly sexual or vulgar, I kind of have to watch myself around them. IEEs and ILIs are the funniest people I’ve met lol, personally. ILEs and LIEs are also up there, subjectively. I love their humor. Conversely Fi PoLR most prone to joking about “sensitive stuff.” STs can be some if the most funniest nonliteral people alive btw, especially SLE. Everything just slides off of them.

Once an SEI girl complained to me about EII-Fi N girl taking things too seriously and killing the mood, which is what I’m basing it on, ig. EII apparently started death-staring after SEI was joking about not studying or something.

Some Fe egos feel uncomfortable with deadpan, I have noticed.

Alpha makes fart jokes. Beta is better with really over the top rowdy offensive jokes, which can get more “deep”. Gamma idk I only find ILI dark humor funny. Delta more goofy/dry wit. By quadra Delta is probably worst at “taking a hit” in terms of hardcore pranks or jokes based on character traits.

Magical girl (◠‿・)—☆ ShiningLunette's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. This was helpful.
    Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with @SnatchYourWeave - it's a very EII thing. IEEs are more understanding of it a bit I think but it still confuses them.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a great solution for this. Just assume everything is a joke, and respond seriously to it. It's a great running joke.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningLunette View Post
    What types are the ones who take everything literally and cant (or bad) at recognizing jokes or trolls? because they think people usually mean what they say.
    Autistic types :-)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

S types

Quote Originally Posted by Tzuyu View Post
    Fi dom. Necrophilia, slurs, anything too overtly sexual or vulgar, I kind of have to watch myself around them. IEEs and ILIs are the funniest people I’ve met lol, personally. ILEs and LIEs are also up there, subjectively. I love their humor. Conversely Fi PoLR most prone to joking about “sensitive stuff.” STs can be some if the most funniest nonliteral people alive btw, especially SLE. Everything just slides off of them.

Once an SEI girl complained to me about EII-Fi N girl taking things too seriously and killing the mood, which is what I’m basing it on, ig. EII apparently started death-staring after SEI was joking about not studying or something.

Some Fe egos feel uncomfortable with deadpan, I have noticed.

Alpha makes fart jokes. Beta is better with really over the top rowdy offensive jokes, which can get more “deep”. Gamma idk I only find ILI dark humor funny. Delta more goofy/dry wit. By quadra Delta is probably worst at “taking a hit” in terms of hardcore pranks or jokes based on character traits.

This might be a late reply but I just found it interesting.

While Fi egos are more sensitive, I don’t really see gamma SFs as being uncomfortable with overt sexuality especially as a lot of my gamma SF friends are some of the most sexually confident people I’ve ever met as they are Se egos as well as having Fi as one of their ego functions. Maybe Delta NFs feel this way about overt sexuality though, I’m not sure about it as I’ve not had much experience with them though.

I’m not sure about the necrophilia part myself though as I’m not sure how it would be easy to make it joke about it without creeping people out or making them think I’m crazy lol.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple, Delta Quadra as a whole.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk I only find ILI dark humor funny.
    Well, hold on. What's funny about their dark humour again?
    Ah yes, dead people who were being buried with laughter at the cemetery, as they started spraying champagne to celebrate their death.
    Such a (dis)respectful way to die.

Right, not really funny at all.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the delta assessment but more so the rationals, so EII and LSE. Delta humour is very dry and sarcastic, think Seinfeld. I think gamma humour is similar in that it's not very emotive (neither value Fe after all), but it tends to push boundaries more and can be more physical.

Alpha humour is Rick and Morty by the way, especially for ILEs.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that’s just autism

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get and like Ne humor that doesn't cross too far past my Fi ethical lines. I rarely take things literally though, someone told me "I gotta play restuarant with my kid." And I thought that was another way of saying they are gonna cook their kid dinner, no, she literally meant she's gonna get his plastic toys and play pretend restaurant with her kid foreal, it took me a second. But Ni humor, eh, I just don't see whats funny, it's mostly clever reinterpretations, wordplay and puns that tend to make me to laugh, obscure references or innuendos aren't always clever. Well, Ni archetype and reduction humor is funny yes, but Se humor, I just don't see whats funny by saying the most vulgar thing you can say "You touched my BALLS! HAHAHA BALLS!" I mean deez nuts is funny, but calling you a cockgobbler, ok that is also funny, but like some Se stuff is just obvious and I hate to sound extra delta but obnoxious is the word, "You're such a DICKbag you TWATface, go lick on a goat's TAINT and eat it's ass! Haha gentials are funny hahahahaha". Like bruh....haha but I'm looking for the clever, where is the clever? Physical/slapstick humor is funny though. Ti/Ne humor is cursed.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 09-21-2022 at 11:27 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people who I've seen most often with this problem were SEE and IEE. Might be that Te HA that they tend to take eveything literally (instead of interpreting it). Might also be related to being "unhealthy".

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I made a joke yesterday about throwing money on my IEE friend when she said she charges for hugs. It was a really basic joke but it was just after a really tense situation. I suppose it was a bit vulgar as I was implying she was like a stripper (and she so isn't) but I thought it was silly and funny lol. It could have been worse but she literally just said 'it's like your implying I'm a stripper', lol yes that's funny because the concept of strippers is funny, I don't care if it's not pc I'm really not funny so I make myself laugh when I attempt humour lol

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    Fi base and to a lesser extent creatives.
    It's the active devaluation of Fe. Sometimes Fi creatives do a thing where they purposefully take what you said seriously to reroute Fe back into Fi. (On the other hand I have caught myself purposefully doing the opposite. What can I say, we all hate our demonstrative.) Whereas for Fi bases it's more that it flies over their heads.
    This is funny to me, if you were to ask anyone of my friends in IRL they'd say 2 consistent things about me, he likes to draw and he's a funny guy. It just doesn't come across on this site well, cuz, I mean look at this site.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    This is funny to me, if you were to ask anyone of my friends in IRL they'd say 2 consistent things about me, he likes to draw and he's a funny guy. It just doesn't come across on this site well, cuz, I mean look at this site.
    yeah I can see you being funny

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive done that as a self diagnosed autist and ppl have called me out on it but what i say is that some of those jokes are so stupid repetitive uninspired uncreative bland or the whole humor is based on that its offensive. i can find racist and the worst kind of stuff funny if the joke is good, thats not what i mean. a lot of jokes and humor is not funny at all but its about socially accepted things that everyone is supposed to find funny so people think its funny just because thats the cool thing to do. may not even be a socially acceptend thing, it may be someome who just thinks they're funny but are not personally. ive said things i found funny and others didnt and the other way around with the same or different people. its trial and error and it changes over time.

then its also normies getting offended at stuff thats not supposed to be offensive jokes included. and im upset when someone tells me i cant take jokes because its such a closed minded statement and often they have experienced direct proof thats not true but their memory seems to be incredibly selective.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short answer: deltas.

It is as if they need to go into "chill mode" before accepting something being said in a joking way, and this often requires a certain degree of confidence with the other person.

I have the impression that for them the joke is almost something that disturbs the romance of life. They take it for granted that people don't want to joke (just like they don't), and therefore when someone jokes they use a seriousness filter, as they were saying things in which they fully believe.

IEE seems a little more inclined to adapt and start joking a lot. The ironic part about it is that when you answer the joke with another joke they may still take you seriously.

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's 100% NTR lol

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    I have a great solution for this. Just assume everything is a joke, and respond seriously to it. It's a great running joke.
    Ah, that's also my solution. Curious.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is like asking "which type is the most stressed out" or "which type isn't used to socializing"?