Thread: Queen's Gambit/Elizabeth Harmon

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Queen's Gambit/Elizabeth Harmon

Great new Netflix mini series. What type does everyone think Beth was? I lean towards LII-Ti SP/SX 5w6

TIM
    IEI 417
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    Great new Netflix mini series. What type does everyone think Beth was? I lean towards LII-Ti SP/SX 5w6
    I'm thinking SLI.
    One of the first things I noticed about the show was how Delta Beth is. If not delta, then gamma (ILI). I can't see any Ti-Fe valuing.
    I wonder what type Anya Taylor-Joy is.

I'd say her adoptive mom is IEE, but I'm not sure.

You posted this just as I started watching!

Edit: she's NOT Fe-seeking.
    Last edited by chocolatte; 11-11-2020 at 11:45 PM.

TIM
    ГаbeH
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think NT. LII could work.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has an obvious strong Ni. One should be too autistic themselves to type her Si ego. She is the most out of reality character. I didn't like her one bit for some reason, maybe because of all the Ni.

Her adoptive mom = ESE.

TIM
    IEI 417
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Ni.
    One of her main problems throughout the season is that she's stuck inside a single way doing and seeing things.
    She needs people around her to show her alternatives. e.g. not relying on simply intuition in chess-playing.
    she also must be shown that there is a lot of potential to her life, beyond chess.

But back to chess, she needs people to encourage her about her potential. Her mother (ESE or IEE i think both are possible but i don'r rly care too much) constantly encourages her. she also provided the push for her to try doing things with this potential-- going to competitions, flying abroad..
    At New Mexico, she showed her for the first time that there could be other things to life besides chess (New Mexico trip). Beth has a mini revelation. to the viewer it feels like the world just opened up a bit (but then the mom goes and dies and she gets stuck in a rut)

She doesn't need to be spurred into action so much as bumped out of her mind, where she gets stuck in unchanging, stubborn loops.

No Ni or Ne user would have been so disconcerted by the physical conditio of Benny's apartment upon arrival (now there's a Ne ego) . it's practically all she/the show focuses on during the first five or ten minutes. she literally refuses to start playing chess with him before having something to eat. so much staring and taking things in when she first sees the underground room, the blow-up bed..

Irrational. she's fluid and adapts to new situations without much trouble. for example at Benny's apartment, after some brief acclimatization, she gets right into the groove of his lifestyle (the environment, the pace of life, the company..)
    although, her younger actor portrayed her as pretty rational.

TIM
    ГаbeH
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think is more likely for strong N and T to enjoy thinking in several steps forward and to be able to play chess in your mind or to visualize it in your head. Personally I've never be able to do it. I need to use my senses and I don't enjoy trying to figure out steps in a chess board in my mind. There's more pleasurable stuff to think about and relevant things to solve or figure out in daily life than that (like how to increase resources or what to do with them). I mean, S vs N.

TIM
    IEI 417
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think is more likely for strong N and T to enjoy thinking in several steps forward and to be able to play chess in your mind or to visualize it in your head. Personally I've never be able to do it. I need to use my senses and I don't enjoy trying to figure out steps in a chess board in my mind. There's more pleasurable stuff to think about and relevant things to solve or figure out in daily life than that (like how to increase resources or what to do with them). I mean, S vs N.
    Yeah, I'd be inclined to think she's an NT since she enjoys chess..
    But since this is a show.. I think how the actress interprets her personality outside of chess playing is more SLI.
    i've been thinking about ILI but idk..
    i'm placed the book on hold. wonder what her type might seem in the book.

TIM
    Executive
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI. Obvious Ni, Te, and Fe PoLR.
    ESI-Se - 1w2 sp/so - 136 - VLEF - Lawful Neutral - Ravenclaw
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5
    Virgo Sun - Aquarius Rising - Scorpio Moon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beth sle with high/developed ni. she's said to be very intuitive in her play and chess is ni heavy.
    townes seems beta too
    benny ile
    beltik lii
    the adoptive mother eie, both her husband and her mexican pen pal also vi as lsi too
    jolene eie
    the twins, iee
    borgov ili
    mr shaibel sli

the actress who plays beth VIs as iei