Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Types least likely to believe in COVID/the efficacy of masks

Seems more common among a Te-devaluing types

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some see little inconsistencies between what is presented vs what they see themselves.

for example, watching all the TV coverage of how bad COVID is one minute, then seeing people celebrating the results of the presidency, not social distancing/wearing masks, so then one concludes is this COVID thing still for serious or is it mostly a fear-mongering charade?

i would say Ti valuing / Te-devaluing are more prone not believing everything and maybe being a bit skeptical to COVID/mask-wearing

For me, I wear masks not because i necessarily see it helping much, but to follow the law/rules and to ease the people around me. otherwise, I wouldn't go overkill with wearing one
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 11-11-2020 at 04:31 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been studies on the efficacy of masks. Before March, the scientific consensus was that their effects were negligible at best.

It's similar with lockdowns. This is the first time, as far as I'm aware, that healthy people are supposed to quarantine themselves. And for what reason? The lockdowns began almost everywhere with a promise they'd only last two weeks, ostensibly to not overwhelm hospitals. When hospitals weren't overwhelmed, and the two weeks ended, did lockdowns let up? No; they continued, and are apparently going to continue indefinitely -- perhaps until a rushed, potentially dangerous vaccine is released; perhaps they'll continue past then. Not that there's any evidence lockdowns "work" to stop virus spread; if you look at the countries which have been worst hit by the virus, there's no correlation with how hard or how quickly a country locked down. In fact, unless you can eradicate spread entirely, which isn't possible in most places, lockdowns don't prevent anyone from getting sick; they just spread out the timeframe over which it happens, and slows the development of herd immunity. The virus began from a few isolated cases in China; it isn't possible to eradicate worldwide; you will get the virus (though perhaps not get sick -- most people it "infects" are, apparently, asymptomatic!!) as long as you continue to live your life normally, lockdown or no lockdown. Then there's the economic damage the lockdowns cause, and increased rates of depression, mental illness, and suicide.

Why would Te valuers be less likely to notice these things? I have no idea, and so I'm skeptical that this is related to type.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would write a longer post if I wasn't so tired.

Inconsistencies in media coverage.

Protest lockdown orders = irresponsible

Protest police brutality/BLM street protests &/or riots = (thousands of people all close together on the streets) people standing up for a good & just cause

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lockdowns only delay spikes from the evidence I've seen. For example, the spikes in Europe recently. It also is said to delay heard immunity, making the virus last longer.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Particles still come out the sides of most masks too. People touch their masks constantly, when you're only supposed to touch the part that goes around your ears. They are supposed to be to keep you from spreading the disease to others, not to help you not get sick. People don't wash or change them like they should.

Doctor Fauci first said you don't need to wear masks, because health care workers need them, & they were worried about shortages.

Then when businesses started making masks like crazy & masks were readily available, he said people should all wear a mask.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to prevent getting sick or having a better recovery if you get sick is to take vitamins to help your immune system. Vitamins like zinc supposedly work great for that.

Edit: I should have concised my posts in one, but I'm exhausted & kept thinking I was going to go to sleep, but then thought of more to add.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is a basis to doubt in higher danger of "covid", that methods to oppose to that danger are reasonable from medical point, reasonable by the degree of harm done to people taking the real medical danger.

T types lesser trust to medias hysterics and more to reason and facts.

There is lie, strange and unreasonable said about "high" danger and done in methods to oppose - a strong lack of scientific objectivity. While the harm and illegal actions (incl. censorship) are more evident. So it seems as illegal terror and harm, while governments and other responsible officials betray own nations.

Even a single fact and clear scientific model value more than all hysterics in medias for a year:
    "Projecting the Diamond Princess mortality rate onto the age structure of the U.S. population, the death rate among people infected with Covid-19 would be 0.125%." (link)

There is no high arise of death number above common, which is expected taking the officially reported high death rates in countries. While a significant part of that arise could be explained by the results of methods to oppose the virus. The known death arise is only 0.1% while death rate is close to 2011 year in RF.

They now even do not say the reason of deaths. Just count people which died from anything after they contacted with that virus and identify that virus by not perfect test which may give false results.
    Medias and medics got illegal restriction to say publicly anything what not copies the said by government! It's illegal and harmful censorship to discuss the theme and to say factual truth.

Also there are traits that virus is artificially made and used as explanation for politics agaist interests of most people in all nations. There is a lot to doubt in medical motives in what is done.

Taking the said, the so called "vaccine", which is illegally forced, probably will do nothing (as vaccines are not efficient for easily mutating viruses alike grippe) or may even do a harm (1, 2). That harm will be covered by the same way as truth about that virus is not very dangerous (at now, at least, before vaccines were used) and that actions said to oppose it make much more and real harm.

Say goodbuy to good mass education, today level of inductry production, privacy and what the most people have at now in material part. Some tens of years will push most people to hard poverty and feudal slavery. This is done now by fake medical explanations.

About masks and other "protecting" methods efficiency.
    There is Belorussia which had no restrictions as masks or quarantines. Near it is Poland and RF which had that all. You may compare the result - was in Belorussia significant arise of death rate above common and that arise was more than in other states near. No it was not, as in this case you'd hear about that in medias.

There is opinion about what happens near this virus from a politician activist Kurginyan. I recommend to look at it.

"covid" is new variant of classes wars by Marx to harm interests of most people.
    Last edited by Sol; 12-16-2020 at 12:16 PM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of rednecks I know. lol. I don’t think Te has anything to do with it. More E6. My husband (I type LSE) thinks it’s a joke. So does my Te type dad, probably SLI. They also never go to the dr when they are sick.

my mom thinks it’s a government conspiracy (she’s prob IEE or ESE 7w6) but still wears a mask as a precaution and is a Germaphobe in general.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's more of a belief with increased age and to a lesser extent, education. Those without income security cannot afford to believe. It would seem that, regardless of type, many youth show predictable defiance and tend feel indestructible, which are ingredients for disaster.

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    Propaganda of medias stimulates emotions and by this prevents objective thinking. Te types value facts. F types follow to emotions.
    What types value objectivity in thinking, do thinking better and easier notice the lack of that?

What were there correctly made expriments to claim about high death rate among general population? Not how much of people died among of harder cases which came to medics, which could to had a predispositions as weaker immunity.

What is actual arise of death compared to previous year? What is this number?

What are reasons of those additional deaths (to have in a body a wide spreaded virus does not mean it was a reason of death of that human). Also taking into account that treatment of other diseases was worsened and people got worse life conditions by "protections".

What is the objective basis to think that the used protection methods which harm education and economy are reasonable - give more profit than harm in the situation? This basis should be very strong and have no doubts, as the done harm is terrific.

What is objective to suppose the vaccine will help much against mutating grippe alike virus? What is objective to think that new experimental type(!) vaccine is safe and not make worse? Where are standard mass, long years experiments to proof this, as they plan to use that for anyone! They say we do what we can in all this hurry? But there is nothing for that hurry except hysterics, baseless speculations, lieng, censorship and mute ignoring the facts as known mortality on Diamond Princess ship. Why they report "died the ones with a virus" while should report "died the ones from a virus" - they don't even care about why people died to their stats while they die from many factors every day. They report the virus is spreaded among tens % of people already but want to make them doubtful vaccines anyway despite that virus is weak for them. Why?

There is strong lack of objective medical reasons for what is done. While the illegal harm which happens now can be explained by political reasons - where for interests of some minorities (and mb some nations) are harmed interests of majorities.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I dont personally have this sort of fears. Anyway, afaik it seems to be lot like placebo but it also helps to create a distance. Basically a mask says: Don't come near. I suppose a mask is the most efficient while it works as a reminder. Too frequent uses of it and its utility decreases because people get used to it. So I'd say wearing masks is good until it becomes too frequent.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    some see little inconsistencies between what is presented vs what they see themselves.

for example, watching all the TV coverage of how bad COVID is one minute, then seeing people celebrating the results of the presidency, not social distancing/wearing masks, so then one concludes is this COVID thing still for serious or is it mostly a fear-mongering charade?

i would say Ti valuing / Te-devaluing are more prone not believing everything and maybe being a bit skeptical to COVID/mask-wearing

For me, I wear masks not because i necessarily see it helping much, but to follow the law/rules and to ease the people around me. otherwise, I wouldn't go overkill with wearing one
    yeah
    as Te devaluing, sure most people around me said they worked, but i personally didn't understand how..! i still wore them but at first I took wearing them more like 80% seriously instead of 100%
    on the flipside i was just as skeptical of the fact that they didn't work at all.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people that don't want to smell their stinky breath all day are most likely to believe the masks don't do anything.

MY CHOICE MY BODY

Types least likely to believe in COVID/the efficacy of masks

This is weird. I have a harder time wrapping my head around "least likely to believe", rather than "most likely to believe". "least likely" feels divergent, but "most likely" feels like it wants to converge. maybe that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not type related. This is something based on many circumstances.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not type related I'd say, but IQ related. See, the masks don't protect you from the virus. Rather, the truly big brained know they actually protect others from you if you just so happen to have it. As we live in a sociopathic/narcissistic society the winning persuasion play is to tell all the sociopaths and narcissists that the masks protect them directly. That's how you get the levels of compliance you're seeing from the masses. Dumb fools don't realize they're saving others from themselves rather than the other way around.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti has been described as conspiracy theory logic. Shrug.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tbh I don't know what to think of it- if it was so super serious and dire then they shouldn't have re-opened things so quickly. There is definitely conflicting articles that can't figure out one way or another if exposing the population to it is a good thing after all cuz of herd immunity. I guess extroverts can't help but extrovert. =(

I also am wary of what too much mask wearing is doing to the long term-haul for our adaptive immune system. Trying to avoid one boogeyman only to create 50 others etc.

It does seem hoax-y and Iilluminati Reptile Demon-ish to me at times, you saw through my Te polr you rascal you. I'm not saying that it's not serious- but like I said before, people have used genuine things to dis-ingeously manipulate people since the beginning of time, so yeah it's a bit weird for me if people are doing but nothing but being Te and COVID-y 24/7. It's like 'what are you trying to hide by talking about something so Karen-y' at times.

But if it is real, I don't want a Te news person to use it against me and say that I had COVID for denying it. So I still follow the rules. Let me tell you something about me though. I'm not one for 'rules' - I like breaking them, being rebellious, being difficult. Anybody trying to have power over me, I like to shove it back up against their own asshole and show them who *really* has the power here. I'm a Beta rascal that way. It's the only way to true creativity and artistic empowerment after all. =)

I guess as a gay man living in the 80s- I mean part of my "soul is" there was a certain amount of risk that gay man took. They knew very well the type of unprotected, free for all sex they were doing could and did have dire consequences for them- but the rush of doing what they wanted in the present moment of spirit and living their life fully was worth it to them anyway. COVID is kind of like gay sex in the 80s like that too me, in a way lol. So treating people who aren't following the rules as if they are stupid, is a form of stupidity. They can very still understand the risks to themselves and everybody else - they just don't care, and living their life in the moment as free as possible for them is more valuable to them than letting authority figures scare them into another type of prison.

A naive person might then say "well they can still do those things later on when the COVID thing dies down" but the Illuminati will just find another AoE-spell thing to try and imprison humanity with- so they feel might as well do it now, all 'your power is now' as the Ni self-help books tell you etc. ((the Illuminati naturally has 15,000+ things to control the masses with if this COVID thing doesn't work exactly as how they planned.)) And I'm being nice and giving them all the benefits of all the doubts I have. We all know it's more than 15,000.

It's not moral or "right" maybe, I'll give u that- but the price of freedom is rarely about that. You are safe alone in your house while a spoiled rich news person tells u what to do from a safe distance - but are you living? Maybe you are- I don't mean to assume. It's a balance and choice we all have to make, I think. I mean, I don't think people should be allowed to decapitate 10 people randomly just because it makes them feel "more alive" - but I mean, you have to understand both points of view (SEI lookalike face)

Most of them seem hypocritical to me tho anyway- I've seen some of them wear mask for show but then not wear mask when they are supposed to as well, in places where they could easily catch the virus lol.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 11-13-2020 at 01:44 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Among problems significantly more common of F types is that being accented on emotions makes them often to prefer emotions by the cost of lesser reasonable criticism. So they accept much easier positive thoughts (the ones associated with positive emotions) than thoughts associated with negative emotions - to support own and others' positive emotional state.

To think that something _very bad_ and against interests of them and of their children is doing by governments is negative thoughts. To think that governments follow own duties to care about them gives positive emotions. So they too naively accept positive thoughts and redundantly reject or doubt in negative explanation of what happens.

This emotional accent is seen when F types tend to react by redundant emotions on geting opinions which are associated with negative thoughts. By those emotional reactions they block accepting of negative thoughts. Instead of trying to think good about arguments said - they reject the info and react alike "ah those fools/psychos/mad conspirologists/etc" who do not trusts to heads in TVs/political leaders/dependent experts ; or even alike "I see no problem if there will be no good education for my kids and we'll live again in poverty of natural farming instead of cities". They do not think about and do not research the alternative opinions (which initially go from medical and political experts) associated with negative emotions. As this moment emotions mean for them a lot and to think is harder for them.

As a result, F types accept the idea with more obstacles that governments lie and do now a harm for people, nations and for the humanity. At least, having the known medical explanations which are doubtful and the known seen significant real harm to economy, civil rights, medicine, education, mb peoples' health in the future by "vaccines", etc. They change the political situation in societies and most people will be harmed much by this. While virus is a formal explanation for these changes.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some ethical types that can't just stop themselves from communicating with others, they just can't stay inside the house, and they give some sorts of reasons why a mask is irritating and hinders them to socialize and eat. It's mostly the Te egos who take the issue seriously, I assume those who have 2D and 1D Te are the ones who mostly say this is bs. My mother is textbook SLI, she reads the news about COVID daily, follows preventative measures well. Meanwhile Fe ego boss doesn't care about this, he actually wanted us to stay working in the office when WFH is such a great option for us because according to him it's just much better to work collaboratively face-to-face.
    Last edited by one; 11-14-2020 at 04:17 PM.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SF mother doesn't believe masks can protect us
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    My xSFj mother doesn't believe masks can protect us
    I have to say, I’ve never heard of anyone being undecided whether someone’s an ESI or ESE. Not that people having difficulties typing someone is uncommon, but that seems like a strange one to have.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I have to say, I’ve never heard of anyone being undecided whether someone’s an ESI or ESE. Not that people having difficulties typing someone is uncommon, but that seems like a strange one to have.
    I meant SF but was thinking in MBTI terms, so I wrote "SFJ"
    But I meant SF.

ps: I think she's ESE but she's not very talkative and dramatic as most ESE I know
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's only one way a population acclimates to a zero-day plague.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel offended :-)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SojournInLimbo View Post
    I am always skeptical.
    Have you got some proof for that!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think that too, until I met some SLI and EIE who were deep into the conspiracy shit.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am just mistrustful of authority figures because of the shitty things and lies I've seen them do & tell to maintain their power - but I guess I am willing to forgive because everybody needs forgiveness or something faggy and compassionate like that. I still think they are maximizing and exaggerating things though because that's kind of what they've always done. They need to overly magnify certain issues that do have a real seriousness about them in order to look like the "good and heroic" ones that can save us all. But the problem with that is it throws the baby out with the bathwater as my grandma used to say.

Some authority is probably necessary to prevent sadism from getting too out of control. The problem is they often exaggerate the sadism in others to look more empathetic to the naive mob, when they're actually just as sadistic (or more so).

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I live in east Asia and certain areas right now have been infamous for having shockingly little to no lockdown over here. The populations here are known to be more docile and obedient and are used to wearing masks. So it could be rationalized as things being played up simply to create more docile, controllable populations worldwide. I think the virus itself is real but it’s possible to have had these events engineered.

Quote Originally Posted by SojournInLimbo View Post
    Lol, I am always skeptical in general. I believe it's all real but am skeptical of the media around it such as the total infections and deaths, where it originated from, etc.
    Same
    Last edited by sbbds; 11-16-2020 at 02:12 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm all for doing whatever to keep me & others safe. I mean I don't want to give off the wrong idea that I'm going to be stupid and provoke people for no good reason. I don't think that really leads to good results either... except to make others scapegoat you into somebody that's just being ridiculous. However, I agree it is Te-ish to mention it a lot and talk about it often or something.

This cute SLE young worker in the grocery store that I have a little crush on is more rebellious about it, physically speaking lol. He will like defiantly walk in the aisles and not have his mask on with a kind of angry scowl on his face. lol. Nobody seems to stop him, at least not when I was there. He might be LSI as well Idk. but I do feel quadra-ish vibes from him. He then gave a bunch of speeches to a small group in the store about how it's just a thing to divide us.

Now we're on shutdown again for another three weeks or so cuz the cases have gotten bad again.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but this is more like bad Ti lol. Somehow I don’t think flat earth society type stuff is going to be riddled with Ti egos, more like delta NFs.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as mentioned before, there’s studies that prove that masks don’t actually do anything to prevent the spread. The logical types probably don’t believe in this, or at least don’t believe in the severity. I know I don’t but I have to wear a mask because it’s mandated to wear it in stores and Uber/Lyft. If anything, wearing masks trap heat and sweat in the localized area which cause skin irritations/dryness/rash and gather too much bacteria which is harmful. Besides, for the people who like eating onions, like me, it’s kinda bothersome to smell our own breath without a mask but now I have to religiously chew gum and spray perfume in my mask. At this point, I have collected several designer masks to keep looking fly even during this very depressing year.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

COVID spreads by genetic differences, not Socionics types.

Here's something for the Chinese vs Swedes people:

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...ter-in-others/

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti through and through - it's known for creating it's own cute lil stories about the world. For some reason this reminds me of QAnon, I wouldn't be surprised if the founder is a Ti ego.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    COVID spreads by genetic differences, not Socionics types.

Here's something for the Chinese vs Swedes people:

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...ter-in-others/
    Thanks, that was pretty interesting. R = -0.62 is a significant negative correlation. This part, however, makes me wonder:

HLAs might be the answer. As you can see in the chart, the authors estimate that the S/N ratio for China is about 5.7, one of the highest in the world. That would suggest high resistance to the COVID-19 virus. At the other end, Sweden has an S/N ratio of 3.8, one of the lowest in the world. It’s possible that the “Swedish experiment” was never an experiment at all. They might have been doomed to a high COVID-19 infection rate no matter what they had done.
    It would be instructive to compare Sweden's S/N ratio with that of its fellow Scandinavian countries, all of which had more restrictive procedures for dealing with COVID. The graphic that came with the article didn't indicate the S/N ratios for Denmark or Norway.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just got my second vaccination today and I’m starting to feel like hell. As predicted. But even if it works, I’ll still wear a mask until the CDC gives the all-clear.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thinking is if almost everyone else around me gets vaccinated, there's no reason for me to be. No one to get sick from then.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Well, imagine if everyone thinks like you do. I could see some issues.
    But they don't lol Last week yet I think I heard 27% of my states been vaccinated. Tbh I never cared or was worried about the virus anyway.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The conspiracy of mask skepticism has spread to the WHO:

At present there is only limited and inconsistent scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of masking of healthy people in the community to prevent infection with respiratory viruses, including SARS-CoV-2 (75). A large randomized community-based trial in which 4862 healthy participants were divided into a group wearing medical/surgical masks and a control group found no difference in infection with SARS-CoV-2 (76). A recent systematic review found nine trials (of which eight were cluster-randomized controlled trials in which clusters of people, versus individuals, were randomized) comparing medical/surgical masks versus no masks to prevent the spread of viral respiratory illness. Two trials were with healthcare workers and seven in the community. The review concluded that wearing a mask may make little or no difference to the prevention of influenza-like illness (ILI) (RR 0.99, 95%CI 0.82 to 1.18) or laboratory confirmed illness (LCI) (RR 0.91, 95%CI 0.66-1.26) (44); the certainty of the evidence was low for ILI, moderate for LCI.”

https://www.who.int/publications/i/i...ncov)-outbreak

Guess the WHO is Ti-valuing

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

bahhhh havent read the thread but it seems like common sense that putting something on ur mouth and nose will make u less likely to get germs.
    like surgery floors and stuff

i guess there is efficacy and side effect stuff to quibble about and to be fair i'm not well versed in that because quibbling isnt my thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast