Thread: An 11 year old joins the forum asking to be typed

Default An 11 year old joins the forum asking to be typed

Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 10-30-2022 at 12:36 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think a 12 year old joined awhile back and I told them to come back when they were older or something like that. I am pretty sure you have to claim to be over a certain age to even join the forum.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think a person's personality is showing at age 11, but not very well. And especially not very well over text.

When I was eleven, I was like a bag of cats, going every which way and without any thought-out direction, more reaction-with-little-experience than action or agency. If that person were as undeveloped at age eleven as I was, typing them would be impossible.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 years old and already having identity issues...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    11 years old and already having identity issues...
    How about 15/16?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It might vary based on the individual, but I don't think anyone should be typed before their late teens if not early twenties.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenasnoches View Post
    How about 15/16?
    Quite common, wouldn't you say? Ask any parent ;-)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell no. Get off the internet kid and go play outside.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raTG13 View Post
    Hell no. Get off the internet kid and go play outside.
    Why should they do this when you don't?

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I would probably see if they had some stupid obvious imbalance like I do or would've made apparent, but unfortunately, yeah difficulty is hard. But yeah, I probably would have typed NT pretty much any time after a certain age. IDK.

I generally treat all people the same, and so that knowledge kind of means nothing to me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd give it my best shot; why not?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Why should they do this when you don't?
    I have no idea. Its weird for a 11 year old kid to be on this forum. It means I have to adjust what I say and do for the ears of the children.

Do you think its cool for a kid to be on here? Or were you just trying to pull a "gotcha moment"? Cause I think its a gotcha moment.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raTG13 View Post
    I have no idea. Its weird for a 11 year old kid to be on this forum. It means I have to adjust what I say and do for the ears of the children.

Do you think its cool for a kid to be on here? Or were you just trying to pull a "gotcha moment"? Cause I think its a gotcha moment.
    I assumed you were saying exposure to the Internet was bad for everyone, not just 11-year-olds.

Anyway, what would you feel you have to adjust? I'm not sure what it is you think an 11-year-old shouldn't read, or why you think that, but any 11-year-old online enough to find an obscure forum on Socionics has either already found "adult" content or is going to be finding it quite soon. And it's not like you can delete all older posts on the forum that you don't think are suitable for 11-year-olds to read. Better to try to be helpful, rather than ban or snub them, which is as likely as not to make them more curious about whatever it is you don't want them to see, and encourage them to lie.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I typed my brother when he was nine. (I would have gotten his subtype wrong if I'd tried that.) I have no problem trying to type an 11-year-old, but this isn't a part of the internet where an 11-year-old should be.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah nah, when I was 11 I was on the internet, and I turned out a lot better for it. There's a thing where if you leave a computer in a poor village, people use it to learn to do things. I'd say that's generally true of a child, and why people ought to be familiar with the internet from an early age. For example, I wish for coding classes to be mandatory, and for people to be taught how a computer works. Nobody did that for me untill college, and that's kind of what field I want to go into. I can thus say sufficiently that most of my schooling is this a waste, and all the stuff I learned about computers on the side is going to probably make me a lot of money one day.

But yeah, I'm on the more liberal side of things regarding what a child sees. The world is not going to change when they're older. There's no point in obscuring the ugly truth to someone who cares to try to know. I believe that many people will simply shrug and go about their business like I did.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I'd be able to type a kid. I started trying to type my kids at that age, but I knew them better than they knew themselves. I was right about my son, but my daughter was like a bag of cats, like how Adam described. She turned out SLE, I think. They're 16 and 15 now.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

to type children is possibly to try by nonverbal, at least

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just think of all the people on here at the mental level of an 11 year old anyway. Maybe that’s why it’s so hard for us to type some of each other.

Hopefully no 11 year olds would be jaded and bored enough in their own lives to want to join this forum, although in retrospect that’s when I started to get into typology and look at these sorts of places on the internet actually. *sheds a single teardrop for myself* (Maybe that’s why I haven’t progressed..)

It’s definitely possible to type children from a pretty young age. Would be extremely unethical and inappropriate to do so in such a public forum setting with a group of adult strangers though, so no.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh god I thought there was actually an 11-year old wanting to be typed.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah way too young. And this forum is obviously inappropriate for somebody that young lol. I remember when I was 13 though being annoyed at some people still treating me like I was six or 7 but when I was 11, I wanted to stay a normal 11 year old and not think about psychology crap. I got into this stuff myself early 20s... I can't imagine being into it younger than about 16 or so.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's always the theory that the forum is already populated by 11 year old's. Might explain a lot or very little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Trigger alert

[Bs]Bumping this thread to talk about my ageism tendencies. I get this intuition that we are all ancient demons or inspired by those, regardless of physical age, without this being good/bad. This intuition is conveniently accompanied by another one according to which everything is and isn't at once, and therefore innocence is omnipresent, along with the knowing mind. [/bs]
    @Shazaam weigh in ?
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 10-30-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The youngest person I’ve seen on a socionics forum was a 12 year old IEE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol it's a little too Darren-y to say they should all be playing sports- but I agree this forum isn't really appropriate for kids.

To answer kalinoche's questions - I don't fully understand that but it's true we're all kids at heart in a sense. God's "All my Children" thing. Such a campy and fun soap opera in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s.

((I really think this thread should be closed though to discourage you-know-what))

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So yeah I'm closing it. Leaving it up tho to make the point of age appropriateness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    to discourage you-know-what
    Typophilia?