Thread: type me based on this questionnaire

Threaded View

Default type me based on this questionnaire

relatively new to socionics, kind of considering LII and ILI for my type but i'm not sure if either are correct & i don't want to unnecessarily rule out anything, would love some feedback based on my answers here.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

i’m a senior in high school right now & don’t have a job. i’m usually ok with school but it’s significantly worse online, atleast in regular school i can talk to my friends and i can sometimes learn stuff. really excited for college because i’ll be able to study what i want and not shit i don’t care about.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

i really like music, that’s probably my main hobby. i play bass and have been in a few bands, i also spend a lot of time by myself listening to various genres of music. it’s something i really enjoy learning more about and so i’m constantly listening to new stuff. i especially like music that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible, as well as dissonant and abrasive stuff like noise music.

i also like writing, specifically creative writing, because it’s an outlet for my creativity but i can keep a level of distance between my emotions and anyone who reads my stuff (this is why i don’t really like poetry, it makes me feel way too fucking vulnerable). the craft of writing stories and characters is also immensely fun to me.

i read a lot as well, mostly fantasy books (which is also what i primarily write). i love reading a book and fully immersing myself in the world, feeling like i could be there because it’s so well realized. fantasy is also great for escapism.

What are your values, and why?

truth, freedom, logic, empathy, peace, altruism, friendship, fairness. those are all things that are important to me.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

i have a pretty good relationship with my parents, we get along well. they’re kind of overbearing though which gets annoying because i usually just want to be left alone.

i also have really good friends, we all have similar interests and we always have interesting conversations. the constant banter is really fun and we have lots of good natured debates that always help me modify my own opinions on things. we can get pretty heated but it’s all in good fun & not personal. my friends are pretty harsh sometimes though, and they can also be kind of judgmental which sometimes rubs me the wrong way.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

in friends i look for people whom i can have interesting conversations with and who make me feel comfortable around them. i generally like open-minded people who share interests with me.

never been in a romantic relationship but i guess if i were to i’d like the person to be kind, caring, passionate and open to new experiences, also more spontaneous and expressive than i am. would be nice to be close to someone who can provide that kind of energy that i lack.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

i don’t often have conflicts with people because they usually take more energy than they’re worth, and in most situations i don’t care enough to cause conflict. if someone fucks with me regarding someone/thing i care about though i’ll push back, at least verbally. i’m way too skinny and weak for any kind of physical fighting.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?

i’m a pretty logical person, i can keep a cool head when it’s necessary and i don’t get worked up or overly emotional about most things. i’m also relaxed and easygoing, i don’t like to be a burden on others, and i mostly keep to myself. i’m good at writing and playing bass, and i’m very flexible and adaptable. i think i’m generally a nice person as well, though that’s not a quality i’m known for.

despite my general detachment i do care about people even though i often don’t know how to express it. when i’m comfortable & around friends i come out of my shell and get very expressive, sometimes more so than my more naturally emotive friends.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others?What do you dislike about yourself?

i can be too cautious, too afraid of the potential consequences of my actions to actually take those actions, which has fucked me over inthe past. i get stuck in decision paralysis where i’m constantly analyzing possibilities without ever coming to a conclusion, and this combined with my general aloofness & detachment leads to me being stuck in my head and not focused on what’s actually happening in the real world.

i’m bad at dealing with other people’s feelings and influencing others. i’m also not assertive at all and sometimes have problems establishing boundaries, i usually prefer to keep quiet and not pissoff other people by speaking up unless something is really important to me. i suck at dealing with my own feelings as well, a lot of times i have no idea how i feel about something because i just don’t value those feelings compared to other things.

i can be really lazy when i don’t care about what i’m supposed to be doing; i have basically zero motivation to do things not related to my interests.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

i can manage intellectual shit, my ideas and my interests, and what i do with my time, but i really suck at domestic shit like cooking. could definitely use some help with that, i don’t have a natural mastery of the physical world like some people seem to.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

i don’t like sports because it always makes me feel really weak and incompetent. i also don’t like spending too much time with people in social environments, that drains my energy quickly.

i really fucking hate doing things that other people make me do. i know that sounds childish and immature but if someone pushes/forces me to do something i’m gonna hate it so much more than if they had just asked. i don’t enjoy being bossed around as much as i don’t enjoy bossing others around.

can’t think of anything that i enjoy more than others, i guess music could be one because i’m more interested in it than most people but most people like music so idk.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?

i don’t have many goals, i just want to travel and play music and write and experience what the world has to offer. my ambition for careers and shit is basically nonexistent, i don’t have a grandvision for my life or anything. just trying to take life as it comes and enjoy what’s out there while learning as much as i can.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?

iwould travel everywhere i could, experience whatever was there, and then spend the rest of my time consuming & making art and hanging out with friends. i’d also do stuff to help my community & the world if i could.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

i’ve heard a lot of people talk about how they dislike highly expressive and boisterous people, but i really like that kind of atmosphere as long as it’s warm and inclusive. often times just being around someone like that can make me more comfortable with opening up myself. it’s like infectious positivity. i also really like people who talk passionately about their interests.

i usually don’t fuck with people who are hyper competitive and ambitious, people who impose their will on others just because they can and who always have to be on top of everything. life isn’t a game that u have to win.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?

not much, i have some posters but my room is pretty bare, don’t really care about aesthetics. it’s not like i’m showing off my room to people who would actually care how it looks.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?

spring of 2019 when i was in my last band, we sucked but it was really fucking fun.

How do you behave around strangers?

i’m awkward around strangers most of the time, unless there’s an obvious way to get into conversation with them (like meeting someone at a concert and talking about the band, something like that). i don’t have a lot of natural confidence so talking to strangers can make me pretty nervous.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

as i said before i’ll defend myself with words but not physically. if someone attacks a strongly held belief of mine i’ll push back pretty hard, but if the conflict is about something i care less about i’ll put less energy into fighting back. ithink i’m pretty good at picking my battles.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

i sometimes get stuck in ruts, usually because i spend too much time inside and don’t want to go out and do stuff, but that’s happened less recently.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

no, i’m not the entrepreneur type. not something i’m interested in at all and i’d probably be awful at it. i’m too stuck in my head to manage a business.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

i’ll admit i don’t really have a sense of fashion, i basically only wear jeans and band t-shirts. i don’t look down on people who put a lotof effort into their appearance though, i think that’s cool i just don’t personally do it myself.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?

i used to be really outgoing and affectionate but as i’ve grown older i’ve stopped doing that.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

no, they’re usually annoying and i have no idea how to deal with them or take care of them.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?

i hate attention unless it’s from people i care about, being in the spotlight is not for me. though it is nice to be recognized for my talents occasionally, i wouldn’t like to be a celebrity or anything.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

i don’t expect much of others except that they’re respectful and not complete assholes. i won’t lie i’m not the most responsible person but if the thing i’m responsible for is important to me i’ll come through.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what approach would you take, and why?

i don’t want kids but if i did i would be a pretty relaxed parent, not authoritarian and open to letting my kid decide what they want to do.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

i haven’t accomplished much but i guess i’m proud of the music i’ve made and the stories i’ve written.

What was (or is) your high school experience like?

it’s been cool mostly. made a lot of friends and learned a lot about myself. i want to get the fuck out of here though, college sounds much nicer than high school.

What is something you regret?

i was a huge edgelord when i was like 14, had a bunch of really stupid opinions on politics and social shit and was generally not the best person so i regret that phase of my life pretty strongly. i also regret not getting out as much as i could have during my first couple years of high school, i think i could’ve had lots of experiences that i missed out on because i was too scared to put myself out there.

Who do you admire, and why?

mostly musicians and writers: steve albini, stephen malkmus, brian eno, robert fripp, david byrne, bjork, jeff rosenstock, phil elverum, robert jordan, terry pratchett. all people who have inspired and influenced me.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

not much

What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?

i’m agnostic, don’t know if a god exists or not. i think there might be something spiritual in life that isn’t a deity, though. something we aren’t supposed to understand, but i don’t know what it is or what it does. can’t really say why i have that belief it’s just something i think about occasionally.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

i don’t really subscribe to a political ideology because i don’t feel the need to label my beliefs but i generally agree with a lot of leftist ideas. people shouldn’t have to worry about whether they’re going to pay for this month’s rent or their child’s next meal, nor should they have to starve to pay for necessary medical care.people should have enough provided to them so that they can pursue their dreams without dying for it. i don’t know what system would best provide this, but i’m pretty sure it’s not capitalism.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

never had a job so i have no idea

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

band because i get to play music with people which is always fun, and i’ve made a lot of good friends through it.

What isone common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong.

i think a lot of people are too focused on personal gain above all else. maybe this is just because i live in america and those traits are rewarded in this country but people are so fucking selfish, the entire system is built around putting profit over people’s lives and i think that’s extremely fucked up. we don’t even have universal healthcare here for fuck’s sake. andthe worst part is that so many people see no problem with it, like they don’t even care about the well-being of anyone but themselves; as long as they’re well-off everything’s fine and they don’twant to change anything even though millions of people are suffering and can’t escape. it’s a lack of empathy imo.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

it’s been a while so i don’t really remember rn

Talk about a significant event from your life.

nothing significant has happened to me, at least not that i can think of

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

people are too quick to distrust and dislike people/things/ideas they aren’t familiar with. the unknown isn’t something to be afraid of. people are too close-minded and don’t pay enough attention to perspectives other than their own.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

i find a way to get it myself and if i can’t i think about a way toget it from someone else without being a burden or imposing too much.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

no, unless i have to. if i’m knowledgeable about the situation i can lead but i don’t enjoy it. i’m better in an advisory role i think

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

i don’t get angry often, but when i do it’s usually at things happening around the world that piss me off or it’s because someone’s being especially stupid or something like that.

What is one unusual trait or ability you possess? What makes you special?

i’m half-blind and i have two mothers but that’s about it

What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?

i think i have a pretty good sense of humor. i make jokes when i think of them in conversation, but i don’t think i’m funnier than the average person.

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?

i listen and try to help them if they need it, but i don’t offer advice unless they ask for it. i probably don’t feel much at first but might feel sad for them after they’ve told me what’s going on.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

got high and listened to music a couple days ago and it was nice, always a very relaxing experience.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

had to do a really stupid assignment for one of my classes.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

the purpose of life is whatever you want it to be, everyone’s individual purpose is different.for me personally i just want to learn as much as i can and try to improve people’s lives and create change where i can using my knowledge and ideas.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

new orleans. that city’s culture is super interesting to me and they have really good music.

Do you like surprises?

don’t mind them but usually i prefer to know about things in advance.

(sorry about the formatting, I copied this from a document and the void consumed some of the spaces, i tried to fix it but I probably missed some)
    Last edited by newplasticideas; 11-08-2020 at 12:58 AM.