Thread: Type Me With Video

TIM
    Executive
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I agree with what you said about low Fi-types. I'm guilty of holding people at inappropriate distances myself, much to my frequent embarrassment.

But I doubt if this is what the OP meant. We will need to wait for @StarPath to clarify her statement of "I cannot relate to accurately interpreting the distances of relations." Are these new relations? Old relations? If my take on this is correct, there should be a difference in her judgement with gained experience.

This is in stark contrast to ILE's, who REALLY have a hard time judging interpersonal distances. Forever.
    What I am saying here is that I am not the best at maintaining relationships and recognizing relationships in others. Okay, social skills have not been an easy thing for me. I am not the best at reading social cues and body language. I would sometimes misread social cues.

I would say that I am more task-oriented than relationship-oriented.
    ESI-Se - 1w2 sp/so - 136 - VLEF - Lawful Neutral - Ravenclaw
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5
    Virgo Sun - Aquarius Rising - Scorpio Moon

TIM
    SLE-Se 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok this is actually very important because you’re aware that you’re not good with Fi and Fe. That doesn’t mean you’re PoLR Fe or PoLR Fi, but that you don’t think it’s priority for you. You’ve made progress. I normally would suggest people read Jung’s Psychological Types to get the foundation down for the functions (because that’s where Augusta derived the definitions and characteristics of the functions from) but maybe this will give you a decent framework. So now you read up on the functions and going by that, you could eliminate to the 2 functions you think you’re good at and proceed to reading the types that correspond to your strongest functions. This link will lead you to all the IMs.
    https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...on_elements/Ti

Keep in mind that people on here have bias that they place on others and there’s a few super cringe individuals who want new female to be typed as Fi egos because they’re desperate and delusional. Pay no mind to that.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what Ti does and makes lol, basic understanding: logical fields between objects aka how everything fits together logically, how things make sense to you subjectively. Socionics as a system is also the result of Ti.

Ultimate Ti expression (LII) is something like Kan'ts pure reason:

Something more ST Ti, network infrastructure plan or idk, lets say uhm... how the ecosystem of the forests functions, what the logical connections between everything there are in real time and how it connects to other systems around it.

If you understand the "rules", it becomes easy to work within the system or to fiure out where what went wrong or what doesn't make sense, where one needs to go and what one needs to do to fix issues asap.
    Last edited by shotgunfingers; 11-17-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    LSI-H - - Melancholy|Sanguine - 6w5-8-4 Sp - LFVE MBTI ISTP
    Oldham's Sensitive & Vigilant Type

When all beauty is tarnished, when all thought is profaned
    They'll cry out for men to invoke the iron rods again
    Now this our secret flame will illuminate the night
    And its sparks fly on the wind and set the world alight

TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my limited understanding of socionics, you can remove Ne, Fe and Ti, Ni ego, Se PoLR on your list.

Probably not Ip too.

TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot determine if you are "compensating" for Te or not. Vid is too short and structured.

TIM
    Executive
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    From my limited understanding of socionics, you can remove Ne, Fe and Ti, Ni ego, Se PoLR on your list.

Probably not Ip too.
    So, what you are saying is that we can rule out IEE, EII, SLI, LSI, IEI, ILI, LIE, EIE, LII, SEI, ESE, ILE, and SLE as possible types.

So, that leaves me with ESI, SEE, or LSE.
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow. LSE-Te. Your personality is like nails on a chalkboard for me lol and I think you'd really conflict with IEIs. Not ESI, cuz benefactor & beneficiary relationships are a lot more positive than they are portrayed. Sure there's issues but it's definitely more positive than negative. You do seem kinda really Se valuing ish for a Delta though but I think that is the Te talking.

What about ILI for you?

I have struggled socially growing up as well though, I did relate with you on that. I also don't like animals that bite either & we're both sensitive. That isn't saying much tho because most human beings are all both very sensitive and insensitive about tons of stuff , depending on what it is you are talking about. With the exception of some very manly ST/NT types maybe, but idk lol.

I'm a lot more flexible in my morals and ways of doing things and I don't care about 'right' so much. "When we do shitty things in life we don't think we're not righteous- we think we have the right" is kind of like my favorite thing to say as I think it's kind of an IEI/EIE-ish saying to begin with.

However, I honestly like learning from you and I find you interesting because we're so different! Even if we'll never be friends or allies I hope you have a good time here.

TIM
    Executive
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Wow. LSE-Te. Your personality is like nails on a chalkboard for me lol and I think you'd really conflict with IEIs. Not ESI, cuz benefactor & beneficiary relationships are a lot more positive than they are portrayed. Sure there's issues but it's definitely more positive than negative. You do seem kinda really Se valuing ish for a Delta though but I think that is the Te talking.

What about ILI for you?

I have struggled socially growing up as well though, I did relate with you on that. I also don't like animals that bite either & we're both sensitive. That isn't saying much tho because most human beings are all both very sensitive and insensitive about tons of stuff , depending on what it is you are talking about. With the exception of some very manly ST/NT types maybe, but idk lol.

I'm a lot more flexible in my morals and ways of doing things and I don't care about 'right' so much. "When we do shitty things in life we don't think we're not righteous- we think we have the right" is kind of like my favorite thing to say as I think it's kind of an IEI/EIE-ish saying to begin with.

However, I honestly like learning from you and I find you interesting because we're so different! Even if we'll never be friends or allies I hope you have a good time here.
    I see why you are thinking LSE. I don't know if Fi is my leading function or not - I have always looked up to people with strong morals and that have made positive changes in the world. That being said, I don't think that I could implement moral changes very easily unless it is through an established chain of command (such as political systems). The main focuses of what my life has been about are learning new things, completing tasks, and achieving my goals. This, along with my social skills struggles, makes me wonder what type I am.

I don't really see myself as IP temperament and I think that Fe PoLR is a stretch. Although I used to struggle with social skills, I am actually very emotionally expressive. I think that LIE is a better fit for me than ILI.
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has the same types as the cartoon character Merida.

A highly logical decision maker.

TIM
    Executive
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    She has the same types as the cartoon character Merida.

A highly logical decision maker.

LSE? SLE? LIE?
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarPath View Post
    LSE? SLE? LIE?
    Introverted.

TIM
    Executive
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Introverted.
    LSI?
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI?
    What is the first function of LSI? If it is Introverted thinking, than yes LSI.

Merida in real life.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@StarPath Most people’s questionnaire typing skills are kind of bad, take them with a grain of salt. On mine I stated multiple times I had issues with people, offended them occasionally, liked cute stuff, and had no issue with confrontation. Most popular typing was EII. Absolutely no one guessed SLI.

That being said, ESI-Se. Fi doms aren’t always social goddesses, my EII friend kind of misreads the bad sides of people due to naivety and it stabs her in the back sometimes.

I like how self aware you are. Lul
    click, speeds growth..

TIM
    Executive
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    @StarPath Most people’s questionnaire typing skills are kind of bad, take them with a grain of salt. On mine I stated multiple times I had issues with people, offended them occasionally, liked cute stuff, and had no issue with confrontation. Most popular typing was EII. Absolutely no one guessed SLI.

That being said, ESI-Se. Fi doms aren’t always social goddesses, my EII friend kind of misreads the bad sides of people due to naivety and it stabs her in the back sometimes.

I like how self aware you are. Lul
    I think that we can rule out EII because I think that I have a forcefulness that Se PoLR people lack. ESIs, especially with the Se subtype, tend to be much more forceful and assertive than EIIs. I think that Se subtype is more fitting than Fi subtype because ESI-Se has a "ST" vibe to it, since their sensing and thinking functions are accentuated as a result of that subtype.
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that we can rule out EII because I think that I have a forcefulness that Se PoLR people lack. ESIs, especially with the Se subtype, tend to be much more forceful and assertive than EIIs. I think that Se subtype is more fitting than Fi subtype because ESI-Se has a "ST" vibe to it, since their sensing and thinking functions are accentuated as a result of that subtype.
    Yes, Olimpia mentioned that enhanced Te also enhances Se. It does in my case, and I'll bet that enhanced Se increases Te equally as well.

I'd also like to say that I know some LSE's in real life, including my mother and my sister, and you, @StarPath, are nothing like them. Which I would call fortunate. Unless your goal is to work in a lumberyard have a personality so male that it scares waitresses. My LSE sister is married to a man, but he's IEI and is OK with her being the guy.

TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange are they also less jumpy? LSE is different from SLI but I notice SLIs don't have excitable/nervous energy in them at all, and I would assume that would be the same for LSEs also, though to a slightly lesser degree. Not sure if I typed one person I know correctly since I only worked on her for a few months but I am guessing she is LSE. Movements are slightly smooth but direct and seems like she always knows what she is doing, she interjects just to get to the details during meetings, very domineering personality. She cannot be the "mom" in the relationship for sure. Talks silghtly calmy but direct to the point even to her children. Anyway I think StarPath moves more and have more facial expressions than an LSE.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    @Adam Strange are they also less jumpy? LSE is different from SLI but I notice SLIs don't have excitable/nervous energy in them at all, and I would assume that would be the same for LSEs also, though to a slightly lesser degree. Not sure if I typed one person I know correctly since I only worked on her for a few months but I am guessing she is LSE. Movements are slightly smooth but direct and seems like she always knows what she is doing, she interjects just to get to the details during meetings, very domineering personality. She cannot be the "mom" in the relationship for sure. Talks silghtly calmy but direct to the point even to her children. Anyway I think StarPath moves more and have more facial expressions than an LSE.
    @one, both SLI and LSE have strong Te and Si. Te makes them logical in a "process" type way, as opposed to the categorical Ti way, and Si gives them a gracefulness in motion that comes from not wasting effort. You will find a lot of baseball players are SLI. And yes, LSE's have dominating personalities to the extent that they like to give instructions to you on how and what you should be doing.

Watch @StarPath's hand motions. She moves them as if to manipulate unseen objects (Se), not to minimize effort (Si). She wrings her hands and waves them around in a "creating and manipulating effort" way that you'd never see an SLI doing, since Si tries to maximize comfort and to conserve energy.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

e_e LSE is Te base and Se creative. Fuck model A. LSE have 4D Te and Se, the valued Si is weak by comparison and less visible. Change my mind.
    LSI-H - - Melancholy|Sanguine - 6w5-8-4 Sp - LFVE MBTI ISTP
    Oldham's Sensitive & Vigilant Type

When all beauty is tarnished, when all thought is profaned
    They'll cry out for men to invoke the iron rods again
    Now this our secret flame will illuminate the night
    And its sparks fly on the wind and set the world alight

TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

StarPath is most likely Gamma SF then.

LSE is Te base and Se creative. Fuck model A. LSE have 4D Te and Se, the valued Si is weak by comparison and less visible.
    You can see the forcefulness of LSE for sure. You can say that Si is less sophisticated and weaker but they would use it over Se. It is valued over Se after all.

TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What StarPath said in the video is also interesting:
    "I don't like people that go too far from the norm" - What does this mean? What is the norm for you?

TIM
    Executive
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

I'd also like to say that I know some LSE's in real life, including my mother and my sister, and you, @StarPath, are nothing like them. Which I would call fortunate. Unless your goal is to work in a lumberyard have a personality so male that it scares waitresses. My LSE sister is married to a man, but he's IEI and is OK with her being the guy.
    Other than seeming rather angry, how am I not like LSEs?
    1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123