Thread: 1D Ne

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1D Ne

Please explain how it's like to have 1D Ne, both valued and unvalued?
    Last edited by persimmonism; 11-08-2020 at 04:30 PM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inwardly, I assume it's unfocussed thoughts appearing at random based on what you see, hear, and do. Mum seems to do this, and may honestly be NeFi/FiNe. The behavior I have seen is magical thinking. That's basically it, and that sounds about right for ENFp/INFj. However, it could also be Si/Fe, which makes sense, as she takes very good care of herself. However, I don't think she notices how well she takes care of herself relative to the rest of the population, which would imply Fi/Ne, and we've come to work quite well with each other. Se POLR sounds like that kind of accidental ignorance which I know her for. So. She's a wizard.

I mean like she'll stumble into crud that benefits her accidentally. Things will accidentally break for the same reason, for example she has a habit of crashing on the bike
    This worries me, but she'll be fine.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    The inward experience, not the outward behaviors resulting from it.
    Some traits from observation:
    1. Inability to distinguish "by chance" from "pattern". For example, some event occurs purely by chance even though the likelihood of it happening was very low, but it happened anyway, so the person tries to justify what has happened from a major cause that doesn't exist.
    2. Poor judgment of other capabilities. Inability to distinguish between a professional and an amateur. Giving praise to people who aren't very good yet at their skills, and treating them like they know stuff
    3. Lack of ability to judge other people's intentions
    4. Extreme difficulty to grasp abstract theoretical concepts
    5. Needs detailed explanation on how concept A leads to concept B. Can't simply jump to conclusions
    6. Insecure (or skepticism) of praise from others. Hard to accept compliments without skepticism
    7. Analogies tend to be too concrete
    8. Inability to distinguish the material from the intangible
    9. Resistance to change (probably more likely for unvalued Ne)

edit: I hadn't read the "inward" part, so sorry about that. I don't even know what you mean by the inward experience to be honest. Is this an "introverted" concept?

edit2: Since 1D Ne means 4D Si, the "inward" experience is experiencing Si, and a lack of Ne experience, or distorted delusional ideas, like being constantly anxious that some unlikely event is going to happen.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So one could say blind acceptance of society's values. Reliance on authoritative knowledge.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    1. Inability to distinguish "by chance" from "pattern". For example, some event occurs purely by chance even though the likelihood of it happening was very low, but it happened anyway, so the person tries to justify what has happened from a major cause that doesn't exist.
    2. Poor judgment of other capabilities. Inability to distinguish between a professional and an amateur. Giving praise to people who aren't very good yet at their skills, and treating them like they know stuff
    3. Lack of ability to judge other people's intentions
    5. Needs detailed explanation on how concept A leads to concept B. Can't simply jump to conclusions
    6. Insecure (or skepticism) of praise from others. Hard to accept compliments without skepticism
    7. Analogies tend to be too concrete
    8. Inability to distinguish the material from the intangible
    9. Resistance to change (probably more likely for unvalued Ne)

edit: I hadn't read the "inward" part, so sorry about that. I don't even know what you mean by the inward experience to be honest. Is this an "introverted" concept?

edit2: Since 1D Ne means 4D Si, the "inward" experience is experiencing Si, and a lack of Ne experience, or distorted delusional ideas, like being constantly anxious that some unlikely event is going to happen.
    That was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

relating to the 2.
    do they have trouble judging a person's potential as well? this is what i've read but i'm not sure what it means, honestly.

and the 3.
    this is more for SLI right

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

relating to the 2.
    do they have trouble judging a person's potential as well? this is what i've read but i'm not sure what it means, honestly.

and the 3.
    this is more for SLI right
    I mean, everyone has potential. But they are blind to how much capable someone is to perform a certain type of activity that they're not particularly good at. To the point of rejecting someone who's actually good and choosing someone who's "bad". Or even treating them equally in terms of ability

Also, SLI are more likely to misinterpret other people's intentions than SEI because SEI are very socially active and have more experience dealing with people.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just usually see suggestive as someone who needs to get shakedown. It can be like they accept all the non optimal ways too easily. I usually take a time to pull something together and then show it while I still improve it. That way it gets done.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    So one could say blind acceptance of society's values. Reliance on authoritative knowledge.
    Disagree. Some of the really unhealthy 1D Ne people have adopted the most batshit insane worldviews out of everyone I know. Not even unconventional spirituality, which is totally fine, just completely dangerous toxic worldviews to deal with their fears and anxiety. Pseudoscience, governments run by the mafia, 5G COVID stuff.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    Disagree. Some of the really unhealthy 1D Ne people have adopted the most batshit insane worldviews out of everyone I know. Not even unconventional spirituality, which is totally fine, just completely dangerous toxic worldviews to deal with their fears and anxiety. Pseudoscience, governments run by the mafia, 5G COVID stuff.
    But not so called sane ones. When they say you are this and you do this etc because we (=I) know (=a person should reproduce, get married, make 1.8 children, own a car and whatevs because 75 % do so). That. Low Se version obviously is: whatever.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    But not so called sane ones. When they say you are this and you do this etc because we (=I) know (=a person should reproduce, get married, make 1.8 children, own a car and whatevs because 75 % do so). That. Low Se version obviously is: whatever.
    Also disagree. I've met enough exceptions of many extremely individualistic 1D Ne people to say that's dumb. SLI girl I know hangs with all kinds of freaks and outcasts, doesn't want to get married in the future and have kids. I'm similar in that aspect. SEI girl decided to explore her unconventional sexuality despite going against all her friends and family, happily married to her asexual homoromantic lover now. I don't know any Ne PoLRs IRL tbh but ESI and LSI strike me as quite capable of going against the grain for their noble beliefs and truths of their ideal world. I'm sorry but you might just be hanging with boring people.

1D Ne is more like a lack of deep confidence when it comes to actualization, even if their self esteem in general is pretty good. They are typically born with special sensor skills used in in-optimal circumstances. Unsharpened blade.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to what @Megatrop said, 1D Ne, at least when it's valued (I don't know whether this occurs with unvalued Ne) often manifests as fear. While Ne bases are quite optimistic and confident, Si bases can be paralyzed by worry. Fears of the unknown surface often. Often these fears aren't entirely rational and have an element of the paranoid.

On the flip side, Si bases can be easy to charm. They're attracted to whimsicality. Maybe that's why SLIs at least often seem to play fantasy RPGs online, or D&D, or something like that. It's something that's difficult to explain, and you have to experience in person, but they really don't understand well possibilities for anything to be much different -- their own lives, how they act, how others act, the world in general -- and it is really easy to take them by surprise.

The main difference with xSIs, as I understand it, is that they aren't receptive to being pushed into the unexpected.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    In addition to what @Megatrop said, 1D Ne, at least when it's valued (I don't know whether this occurs with unvalued Ne) often manifests as fear. While Ne bases are quite optimistic and confident, Si bases can be paralyzed by worry. Fears of the unknown surface often. Often these fears aren't entirely rational and have an element of the paranoid.

On the flip side, Si bases can be easy to charm. They're attracted to whimsicality. Maybe that's why SLIs at least often seem to play fantasy RPGs online, or D&D, or something like that. It's something that's difficult to explain, and you have to experience in person, but they really don't understand well possibilities for anything to be much different -- their own lives, how they act, how others act, the world in general -- and it is really easy to take them by surprise.

The main difference with xSIs, as I understand it, is that they aren't receptive to being pushed into the unexpected.
    Going by socionics theory SxI are the one's who are receptive to being pushed into the unexpected. There's no way you can flip xSI direction when they have just decided to go certain way (Se, strong willed, will power). SxIs are hard to change too, but Ne suggestive instead of PoLR make it easier to be inspired and consider the unexpected or new alternatives etc. In other words you can redirect SxI through Ne (new, essential, relevant) information.

Ni is more about thinking of the future, which is largely planed or at least taken into account. Basic j vs p.

How do you define "unexpected" though?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-PoLR Ne assumes too much based on very little info. Thinks they got someone figured out from knowing 1 or 2 things about them. Is fully convinced of their conclusion based on very little info.

-Has a problem with seeing other person's point of view, especially when they are fully convinced of their viewpoint, gets caught off guard when other perspectives get brought up.

-Makes absolute statements about things that aren't absolute. "THIS is the best way, this is the only way." almost sounding like they know ALL the ways and found the best, which is not true, they can't consider another way being better because they don't see or look for other ways, to them they found the best way and the search is over.

-Gets discouraged when their one track plan doesn't look like it's gonna work out.

-Has a problem with seeing from multiple sides to see where their strong conclusion is wrong, needs the sides pointed out.

I knew a girl that was Ne PoLR, she wanted to be a lawyer but was really good at film making. I told her she could take up film making as a career, she said no you can't make money doing that, she wants a real job like being a lawyer(lol). Like being a lawyer is so easy and you make so much money starting out. She couldn't see the possibility of film making being a career at all, she was stuck on lawyer being the only option.

In other words, hardheaded.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk why but i thought of this clip

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    -PoLR Ne assumes too much based on very little info. Thinks they got someone figured out from knowing 1 or 2 things about them. Is fully convinced of their conclusion based on very little info.

-Has a problem with seeing other person's point of view, especially when they are fully convinced of their viewpoint, gets caught off guard when other perspectives get brought up.

-Makes absolute statements about things that aren't absolute. "THIS is the best way, this is the only way." almost sounding like they know ALL the ways and found the best, which is not true, they can't consider another way being better because they don't see or look for other ways, to them they found the best way and the search is over.

-Gets discouraged when their one track plan doesn't look like it's gonna work out.

-Has a problem with seeing from multiple sides to see where their strong conclusion is wrong, needs the sides pointed out.

I knew a girl that was Ne PoLR, she wanted to be a lawyer but was really good at film making. I told her she could take up film making as a career, she said no you can't make money doing that, she wants a real job like being a lawyer(lol). Like being a lawyer is so easy and you make so much money starting out. She couldn't see the possibility of film making being a career at all, she was stuck on lawyer being the only option.

In other words, hardheaded.
    This one is exactly correct. Contrast this with megatrop. Megatrop has a totally different type in mind. His is like weak objective logic.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI here.

1D Ne unvalued = being risk avoidant and missing opportunities due to trying to minimize risk. I also stick to topics of interest and dive in deep, rather than continuously trying out new things. The things I'm interested in are all interconnected, I don't compartmentalize. It is very frustrating when I have too many options and people continuously suggest new ones. I prefer to keep things simple, stupid & elegant in design. I only want one elegant, good option that has the most future promise. Sifting through all possibilities to find "the one" is annoying :/. Sudden "Hey I had and idea, lets go to x place tom do y!" will be instantly shot down and I'll go into a grumpy/annoyed stubborn mode where I'll actively resist and need a lot of convincing.

1. Inability to distinguish "by chance" from "pattern". For example, some event occurs purely by chance even though the likelihood of it happening was very low, but it happened anyway, so the person tries to justify what has happened from a major cause that doesn't exist. <== everything is cause and effect and the chain of reasoning can be followed backwards.
    2. Poor judgment of other capabilities. Inability to distinguish between a professional and an amateur. Giving praise to people who aren't very good yet at their skills, and treating them like they know stuff <== this isn't a problem tbh. I can see ppl's capabilities just fine / ppl are very easy to read.
    3. Lack of ability to judge other people's intentions <== not really true, I just don't trust ppl from the start.
    4. Extreme difficulty to grasp abstract theoretical concepts <== theoretical concepts are easy, I have above 120 IQ, even Kant's 3 critiques are easy to grasp *shrug*. The problem starts when I can't make it work under real life conditions = losing interest and moving on to more concrete things. My Ni-HA can be overwhelmed.
    5. Needs detailed explanation on how concept A leads to concept B. Can't simply jump to conclusions <== not my experience. Ppl often seem to get their panties in a bunch because I don't explain how I got from A to Z, because I leave out "uninteresting" steps in between.
    6. Insecure (or skepticism) of praise from others. Hard to accept compliments without skepticism <== very true
    7. Analogies tend to be too concrete <== true
    8. Inability to distinguish the material from the intangible <== lol wtf, bs
    9. Resistance to change (probably more likely for unvalued Ne) <== change is not a problem, unviable weird alternatives are

Most of what you report here is nonsense. Look at Elon Musk LSI, its not all that bad lmao. Inb4 "muh LIE".
    Last edited by SGF; 11-09-2020 at 04:36 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

there are 2 kinds of functions' strenght: weak and strong
    other are nuances of strenght, not so useful. socionics has no "dimensions" and texts with that have other doubtful parts

beside general weak N traits, weak Ne is when is hard to understand what is more or lesser important in a situation/object, to suppose correctly its traits which are not on a surface (alike motivations of people).
    an example is redundant suspicion to people, assigning to them wrong traits. this often correlates with emotions - negative emotions predispose to negative opinions and expectations, positive emotions - to positive idealizations

nonvalued - is when you don't want and get no pleasure from that, but more perceived as "needed". in bad mood that can be not done good as ignored to try good. an example of what can be too generalized traits based on surface similarity. for example - some black dog barked and then all black dogs will get negative expectations, while a color should not correlate with the behavior

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    LSI here.

1D Ne unvalued = being risk avoidant and missing opportunities due to trying to minimize risk. I also stick to topics of interest and dive in deep, rather than continuously trying out new things. The things I'm interested in are all interconnected, I don't compartmentalize. It is very frustrating when I have too many options and people continuously suggest new ones. I prefer to keep things simple, stupid & elegant in design. I only want one elegant, good option that has the most future promise. Sifting through all possibilities to find "the one" is annoying :/. Sudden "Hey I had and idea, lets go to x place tom do y!" will be instantly shot down and I'll go into a grumpy/annoyed stubborn mode where I'll actively resist and need a lot of convincing.

1. Inability to distinguish "by chance" from "pattern". For example, some event occurs purely by chance even though the likelihood of it happening was very low, but it happened anyway, so the person tries to justify what has happened from a major cause that doesn't exist. <== everything is cause and effect and the chain of reasoning can be followed backwards.
    2. Poor judgment of other capabilities. Inability to distinguish between a professional and an amateur. Giving praise to people who aren't very good yet at their skills, and treating them like they know stuff <== this isn't a problem tbh. I can see ppl's capabilities just fine / ppl are very easy to read.
    3. Lack of ability to judge other people's intentions <== not really true, I just don't trust ppl from the start.
    4. Extreme difficulty to grasp abstract theoretical concepts <== theoretical concepts are easy, I have above 120 IQ, even Kant's 3 critiques are easy to grasp *shrug*. The problem starts when I can't make it work under real life conditions = losing interest and moving on to more concrete things. My Ni-HA can be overwhelmed.
    5. Needs detailed explanation on how concept A leads to concept B. Can't simply jump to conclusions <== not my experience. Ppl often seem to get their panties in a bunch because I don't explain how I got from A to Z, because I leave out "uninteresting" steps in between.
    6. Insecure (or skepticism) of praise from others. Hard to accept compliments without skepticism <== very true
    7. Analogies tend to be too concrete <== true
    8. Inability to distinguish the material from the intangible <== lol wtf, bs
    9. Resistance to change (probably more likely for unvalued Ne) <== change is not a problem, unviable weird alternatives are

Most of what you report here is nonsense. Look at Elon Musk LSI, its not all that bad lmao. Inb4 "muh LIE".
    I mean, 1D Ne types are mostly blind to their own capabilities, because they can't integrate norms into their knowledge base, so I'm not sure you know what I'm really talking about.
    But these are traits that I have observed in some people that do happen to have low Ne. It's possible that it's not only low Ne per se, maybe coupled with other "weak" functions (I'm leaning more towards feelers tbh).

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SFG I love how you start your reply with authority by saying “LSI here.” That’s very good application of Se. Your mirror approves.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the question is too broad. 1D is referring to both the suggestive and the polr. So SxI and xSI. That's 4 types.

Why do you want to group together these things? Better to talk about polr and suggestive separately. These things are difficult enough in themselves.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you exemplify?
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Could you exemplify?
    That's it, that's the example.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PissholeMan View Post
    That's it, that's the example.
    I knew some smart-ass would try to pull that off. But, no, really, let him reply.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew some smart-ass would try to pull that off. But, no, really, let him reply.
    LMAO, triggered both your 1dNe and Te polr at the same time, this is what I call Epic Gamer move.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO, triggered both your 1dNe and Te polr at the same time, this is what I call Epic Gamer move.
    Aren’t 4DNe supposed to be a tad more interesting? Why are you making comments I can see coming miles away? You’re unoriginal. Let Megatrop answer.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren’t 4DNe supposed to be a tad more interesting? Why are you making comments I can see coming miles away? You’re unoriginal. Let Megatrop answer.
    No, not really. What? You expect me to be your clown? You're retarded if you expect me to entertain you just because i'm a Ne lead.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not really. What? You expect me to be your clown? You're retarded if you expect me to entertain you just because i'm a Ne lead.
    Well, if you lack imagination to project how many forms 'abstract thought' can take and on top of that your commentary is trite, I can't have you for your dissecting mind, can I?

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you lack imagination to project how many forms 'abstract thought' can take and on top of that your commentary is trite, I can't have you for your dissecting mind, can I?
    I have more imagination in my toe than you do in your whole brain. I just don't care to give any abstract comment to you because what's the reason for it? Are we intuitives computers who are supposed to always say something mind blowing? It's like saying you're supposed to be a whore who is only good for sucking dick because you're an alpha SF.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have more imagination in my toe than you do in your whole brain.
    Singing songs in a Marily Manson copycat style must be what passes for imagination these days. Such dark times.

I just don't care to give any abstract comment to you because what's the reason for it? .
    How can you read my ask for examples as requesting an abstract comment? Does unvalued Ti always stab you in the back like this when you get anxious?

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you exemplify?
    I can give you examples, but understand that I'm not saying that they can't understand what I mentioned, but they tend to not absorb fully and quite often get a shortcut of making concrete parallels that make it more tangible to understand, but still its often inaccurate.

I have experienced this difficulty with my own Calculus teacher, and some of her identicals (maybe?), who were able to perform all tasks they were assigned to but I could see their lack of understanding of the essence of it. I think Calculus (and Physics very often) is a good example of what I mean, and most people I know (especially from college) have a really hard time understanding it, which surprised me when I was presented it (It isn't difficult at all). Maybe some educational background may help in this case.

Another example you can find here

http://knowledgebase.ctmu.net/wp-con..._0929021-1.pdf

present this to them and watch their mind's functioning getting to a halt
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 11-14-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have experienced this difficulty with my own Calculus teacher, and some of her identicals (maybe?), who were able to perform all tasks they were assigned to but I could see their lack of understanding of the essence of it. I think Calculus (and Physics very often) is a good example of what I mean, and most people I know have a really hard time understanding it, which surprised me when I was presented it (It isn't difficult at all). Maybe some educational background may help in this case.
    So 1D Nes have trouble with this. But so do most people you know. You’ve broadened the experimental group to a point it starts to lose its meaning. Some years ago a job that put me through college was part-time helping m.d.s with their reseach papers. Months later I could talk on and on about gestational issues integrated from semantically-charged specialized books. I bring this up because of the link you provided. Exposure plays a role. Holding a piece of information contained in a term enough for sustainability (the way you want to present the appearance of Ne in the link) falls under working memory and I could make a case for that being Te-related. (And not to pick on you, you mistook end-result Si with source-Si. I’ve just remembered that now that you mention grasping the essence of things).

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    Also disagree. I've met enough exceptions of many extremely individualistic 1D Ne people to say that's dumb. SLI girl I know hangs with all kinds of freaks and outcasts, doesn't want to get married in the future and have kids. I'm similar in that aspect. SEI girl decided to explore her unconventional sexuality despite going against all her friends and family, happily married to her asexual homoromantic lover now. I don't know any Ne PoLRs IRL tbh but ESI and LSI strike me as quite capable of going against the grain for their noble beliefs and truths of their ideal world. I'm sorry but you might just be hanging with boring people.

1D Ne is more like a lack of deep confidence when it comes to actualization, even if their self esteem in general is pretty good. They are typically born with special sensor skills used in in-optimal circumstances. Unsharpened blade.
    Well, Si bases are capable of it. It seems like esp. ESI (unless some fundamental problems) are not well receptive to live outside of material means (I have even made one really argumentative when I said my material future is very little interest of mine). Hence I do not see this sort of number about dimension really relevant towards the topic question seems to aim for and it does generate confusion. We need remember that dimension is like allowed plausible states if we just state the word dimension. So it can be plenty experimental in its confinement. What this means in socionics? Well, first hand nothing more.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Ne hurts my head.

When I try to use Ne, I'm like:

It's unrealistic and mostly unnecessary to me.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Months later I could talk on and on about gestational issues integrated from semantically-charged specialized books. I bring this up because of the link you provided. Exposure plays a role. Holding a piece of information contained in a term enough for sustainability (the way you want to present the appearance of Ne in the link) falls under working memory and I could make a case for that being Te-related. (And not to pick on you, you mistook end-result Si with source-Si. I’ve just remembered that now that you mention grasping the essence of things).
    **So 1D Nes have trouble with this. But so do most people you know. You’ve broadened the experimental group to a point it starts to lose its meaning. Some years ago a job that put me through college was part-time helping m.d.s with their reseach papers.**

I said they have trouble understanding abstract theoretical concepts. You asked me what that meant, and I gave you an example. I might have erroneously stated that everyone in my course has difficulty with Calculus, but that's not exactly the case, but I mean the ones I consider having 1D Ne were the ones that displayed this difficulty as stated before. Of course there are lots of people that get that.
    But the point is that they are the least likely to pursue this kind of information, at least in the original abstract format.

**Holding a piece of information contained in a term enough for sustainability (the way you want to present the appearance of Ne in the link) falls under working memory and I could make a case for that being Te-related.**
    I am not sure I understand what this means, to be fair, I didn't even read that link, but you asked for an example..so

**(And not to pick on you, you mistook end-result Si with source-Si. I’ve just remembered that now that you mention grasping the essence of things)**
    Probably. I've read Jung once about Si, and I see that many descriptions from MBTI to Socionics and they point to very different things, which makes me wonder if it's even possible to correctly describe what source Si is, unless you experience it yourself. Just like you can't tell someone the essence of the taste of something. Ideas fall into a whole different category from experience.

I hope I clarified your original question. If you want to ask anything else I can answer from my perspective. Also your answer was very insightful, congratulations and thanks.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**Holding a piece of information contained in a term enough for sustainability (the way you want to present the appearance of Ne in the link) falls under working memory and I could make a case for that being Te-related.**
    I am not sure I understand what this means, to be fair, I didn't even read that link, but you asked for an example..so
    You don’t need to read the article. Read what I wrote again. (I'll add: what I just quoted) .

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A stubborn-ness & unwillingness to admit they were wrong even when they were. It damages their relationships at times. Because shitty Ne can't see how more than one thing can be right. Ne Polrs can be very stern, harsh and overbearing in this sense.

That's in the PoLR. In the weak but valued sense, it seems more about this unhealthy suspicion in other people's motives. Ie, being paranoid for not a very good reason/not good enough evidence. They need a 4D Ne person to show them how flexible, varied and even innocent another person's motivations can be.

I've noticed like ILEs for example are usually very flexible, not so "fixed" in their perceptions of people (some might argue too flexible lol), which has a humane and healing quality to it (even if it might be sugar coating some things that are harmful) So they will understand a person's bad qualities but then also compliment/respect a person for their good qualities. This is also why they can be duals with SEIs.

I've told my Ne polr friends at times 'You know it's kinda like you're holding a grudge....' but I mean I don't hate them for it much usually because it's interesting to me as a creative writer and I like bitter ESI villains lol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think they can underestimate how evil people can be and also over-estimate it. Then they get incredibly hurt by a person and can't forgive them because they didn't see it coming. 4D Ne would be good at 'smoothing out' all those subtleties me thinks, as it's more about a bunch of varied paths at once rather than a fewer paths that are "more meaningful" to the Ne PolR.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is the perception of unseen patterns that’s not directly related to the object. It’s perceiving information like scattered pieces of a puzzle, so Ne process is to “connect” those bits and pieces of information in the form of pattern searching. Ne manifests in uncertainty, because it cannot perceive the entirety of the subject, only outward impressions; it lacks definition and structure. Essentially, Ne is context without a premise.

As for why XSI hates Ne, it’s because Ne is irrelevant in their programming. Ti/Fi base to Si demo has already formulated, established, and automated a working system. End product has been realized and it doesn’t need Ne to offer any novelty or options.

Ne PoLRs hate Ne for 2 big reasons: 1. getting incomplete information because that will prevent them making a decision 2. Uncertainty, which also leads to no decision being made.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-I feel unable to figure out how a complex situation is going to evolve or develop in the future.

-I can see abilities but I can't see its exponential benefits, uses or end results.

-For Ne PoLR I've found they are often scared of taking risks (for example with money), and they usually discard quickly any possibility that sounds slightly uncertain or that is different than what they have already chose or put their eyes on.

-They usually choose pretty "tried and tested" aka "secure" paths in life or occupational fields.

-If they find an obstacle they usually need guidance for getting out of it or being able to solve problems especially unexpected ones.

-They seem drawn to follow step by step recipes or procedures.

This is more pronounced in LSI due unvalued Te probably.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your description of Ne!
    Would you mind writing a similar one for Ni and Ni PoLR?
    I’m glad! Sure, after I leave friends’ house.