TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Filatova portraits and composites database

Full database: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...CgTdaGuZPGRTH8

I decided to gather all Filatova portraits I found (581 files, ~36 for each type) in one place for better accessibility. Duplicates and photos of the same person from different angles were removed. I also made composite images to show an average representative of the type or some other group.

Sources:
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Photographs_of_Types_by_Filatova
    https://uchebana5.ru/cont/1584259.html
    https://vk.com/album-49323745_173324097

Composite images were made using Artbreeder. The output was very blurry, so I added details at cost of artifacts using Let's Enhance and colorized with ColorSurprise AI. Raw images without enhancements are also in the database.

I also made animated type composites with MyHeritage Deep Nostalgia.
    The idea has its shortcomings as this tool can animate faces only using some universal expressions and can't show characteristic type expressions for this reason. It still may be useful as it shows the static look from the picture in different angles.

Composite images examples (more in database):

Last edited by qaz00; 03-13-2021 at 06:00 PM. Reason: update

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To use intuitive-nonverbal method it's good to have >=2 videos in different conditions per every human. A single photo per a human is much worse.
    Even a single video per human for using nonverbal worked not good in my experiment. This gave average typing match close to accidental. Only using >=2 videos has allowed to prove usefulness of nonverbal approach.
    Last edited by Sol; 03-01-2023 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xxxp male's eyes look more intense/focused than xxxp female's to me

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few stereotypes about faces (mostly coming from Filatova and her database) are apparent. Have you shown it to the Eastern socionics communities ? They'll certainly be interested. Good job anyway.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is fantastic. Great work!

As BaruchJorgell said, stereotypes are apparent. I have an ILE friend with exactly that smile.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all these people look the same to me, lol

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So...basically the differences are E smiles more than I.
    S looks tired and N looks alert.
    T has dry skin and F shiny skin.
    And p looks swollen and j normal.

From VI I kinda agree with those portraits though.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The higher the Se is, the more you look like a killer.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best looking guys are Gammas except the SEE. He really does look serial killer. The Deltas all look super gross. Alphas look psycho (Ne and Fe probably). Betas look average. Not noticeable.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange. I think the intuitives look better than sensors.
    I like all the Ti guys, especially ILI and LSI. The LII is passable, but I feel like he’d be weak. ESE and EIE looks good but I don’t feel like I could get close to them. ESI looks like a sweet, religious, church going choir boy so we might have something to talk about if I was religious too. LIE looks scammy... like he’s wanting to pull some heist and I’m ok with it. LSE is the least good looking out of the ones I picked. Meh. Boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ESE woman has a threatening smile e_e fuckin aggressive wtf. the EIE is on the cusp of calling someone an idiot.
    SEE is cute haha.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not particularly drawn to any type but overall (for attraction) EIE and LSE
    I seem to be typically attracted to extroverts in exercises like these (like the big 5 composite as well)

but also I wish they were included without the labels as well in case people wanted to avoid confirmation bias

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE: Added animated type composites made with MyHeritage Deep Nostalgia

The idea has its shortcomings as this tool can animate faces only using some universal expressions and can't show characteristic type expressions for this reason. It still may be useful as it shows the static look from the picture in different angles.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    UPDATE: Added animated type composites made with MyHeritage Deep Nostalgia

that's really interesting. I just don't know if it will help from a practical perspective. still, nice work.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

those composites and portraits really suck....lol

mine blows those to pieces.

www.pinterest.com/socionics

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pinterest is really a pain to navigate and to look at.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does one VI nonwhites with this?

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    ? Facial expressions are the same
    Damn right they are. So is body language and tone of voice. It's pretty much within the grasp of everyone and anyone. A part of the "Collective Unconscious" as it were. Everyone knows what an angry person looks and sounds like. Shy? Lustful? Sad? Hopeful? If not the look we all at least understand the "sound" as it were.

To expand upon this, there is a damn good reason "Music Theory" is a thing and why some people absolutely get it on a level that transcends most other considerations. Rick Beato and Alex Moukala come at it from different angles and approaches but the thing they're both getting at is the same. Great music is great and enjoyable by pretty much any sane person no matter what for damn good reasons.

Some people say the OG Jazz musicians didn't know/comprehend Music Theory. That they just jammed out with some instruments and happened upon a sound that worked in spite of the codifications that "The White Man" had already invented and enforced upon music by that point. Beato had a story about his son that disproved that root and branch. He, unlike him, has the gift of "perfect pitch", the ability to hear any note in a vacuum and immediately identify it in any way you could dare to ask him. You can do this without that gift, but that takes the decades of practice he (Beato) has under his own belt. The kid as a toddler had his own unique terms to refer to things like "This song is in C-Major Aeolian" but it matters not what you call it, it is what it is and he nailed it square betwixt the eyes.

Same would apply to the OG jazz musicians and all who followed regardless of race, origin, or creed. Music is a thing engrained upon our truly collective human unconsciousness. Anyone asking the question of "Why" a certain progression of notes or a given melody evokes a given emotion will come to similar conclusions. It's a thing engrained into reality as harshly and uncompromisingly as 2+2=4. Take from this what you will .

I'd encourage anyone who has not to study Music Theory at least a little bit. Learning why you like the melodies you do could lead to quite a bit of self-discovery .

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Damn right they are. So is body language and tone of voice. It's pretty much within the grasp of everyone and anyone. A part of the "Collective Unconscious" as it were. Everyone knows what an angry person looks and sounds like. Shy? Lustful? Sad? Hopeful? If not the look we all at least understand the "sound" as it were.

To expand upon this, there is a damn good reason "Music Theory" is a thing and why some people absolutely get it on a level that transcends most other considerations. Rick Beato and Alex Moukala come at it from different angles and approaches but the thing they're both getting at is the same. Great music is great and enjoyable by pretty much any sane person no matter what for damn good reasons.

Some people say the OG Jazz musicians didn't know/comprehend Music Theory. That they just jammed out with some instruments and happened upon a sound that worked in spite of the codifications that "The White Man" had already invented and enforced upon music by that point. Beato had a story about his son that disproved that root and branch. He, unlike him, has the gift of "perfect pitch", the ability to hear any note in a vacuum and immediately identify it in any way you could dare to ask him. You can do this without that gift, but that takes the decades of practice he (Beato) has under his own belt. The kid as a toddler had his own unique terms to refer to things like "This song is in C-Major Aeolian" but it matters not what you call it, it is what it is and he nailed it square betwixt the eyes.

Same would apply to the OG jazz musicians and all who followed regardless of race, origin, or creed. Music is a thing engrained upon our truly collective human unconsciousness. Anyone asking the question of "Why" a certain progression of notes or a given melody evokes a given emotion will come to similar conclusions. It's a thing engrained into reality as harshly and uncompromisingly as 2+2=4. Take from this what you will .

I'd encourage anyone who has not to study Music Theory at least a little bit. Learning why you like the melodies you do could lead to quite a bit of self-discovery .
    Excellent post! As a guy who's been playing the piano for over a decade and just recently started learning theory I can't stress how useful music theory can be. Just like languages allow you to turn universal ideas into words we can understand, convey and manipulate freely, music theory is the language for understanding and conveying the universal concepts behind the music we love. Before studying the theory I was just a machine that could efficiently play pieces but I wasn't able to compose anything decent. Theory makes the process of composition sooo much easier. After all beautiful songs can be broken down into patterns and numerical ratios and these "building blocks" can then be used to recreate new pieces and so on. At least as a Ti type, being able to make sense out of the music I enjoy really opened my eyes.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Excellent post! As a guy who's been playing the piano for over a decade and just recently started learning theory I can't stress how useful music theory can be. Just like languages allow you to turn universal ideas into words we can understand, convey and manipulate freely, music theory is the language for understanding and conveying the universal concepts behind the music we love. Before studying the theory I was just a machine that could efficiently play pieces but I wasn't able to compose anything decent. Theory makes the process of composition sooo much easier. After all beautiful songs can be broken down into patterns and numerical ratios and these "building blocks" can then be used to recreate new pieces and so on. At least as a Ti type, being able to make sense out of the music I enjoy really opened my eyes.
    I'd like to ask you what your favorite genre of music is, best bands to listen to get into it, and the "why" of it.

I'd also like to ask you what composers you really "vibe" with. I can start. Yuki Kajiura, Keiichi Okabe, and Daisuke Ishiwatari. Yes, those are all Japanese composers. Two of which make regular use of "chaos language" (i.e. vocals that are utter nonsense and have no actual translation and there's a damn good reason for that). But the theorycraft they employ... I always knew they were smart as hell but once you actually understand a bit of theory boy do you start to appreciate them more. Even Yuki who many claim is just repeating herself at this point. Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

As an aside, listen to Yuki's work in relation to the "Kara no Kyoukai" series. That was her at her best I'd say. Ufotable, Nasu, and anyone related to them knew to tap her when it came to a project they wanted to have an "impact" afterward.
    Last edited by End; 05-16-2021 at 05:33 AM.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I'd like to ask you what your favorite genre of music is, best bands to listen to get into it, and the "why" of it.

I'd also like to ask you what composers you really "vibe" with. I can start. Yuki Kajiura, Keiichi Okabe, and Daisuke Ishiwatari. Yes, those are all Japanese composers. Two of which make regular use of "chaos language" (i.e. vocals that are utter nonsense and have no actual translation and there's a damn good reason for that). But the theorycraft they employ... I always knew they were smart as hell but once you actually understand a bit of theory boy do you start to appreciate them more. Even Yuki who many claim is just repeating herself at this point. Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

As an aside, listen to Yuki's work in relation to the "Kara no Kyoukai" series. That was her at her best I'd say. Ufotable, Nasu, and anyone related to them knew to tap her when it came to a project they wanted to have an "impact" afterward.
    I also like Japanese music mostly listen to game OSTs such as Touhou (and fanmade derivative songs), and old school game OSTs which are too many to mention lol. Other than that I like some J-pop/rock bands from the 00s (imo best era when animu openings all had SOUL) such as School Food Punishment, Soutaiseiriron (vocals by Yakushimaru Etsuko who has the sweetest voice I have ever heard, also their songs often have apparently nonsense or esoteric lyrics if you wanna check that out), Round Table (feat Nino) and a few others. I feel vocal songs should belong to a different category because they limit their instruments to help the voice be noticeable, versus non-vocal songs which use instruments as a "voice".

Other than those, I enjoy western 70s and 80s songs, from disco style to the synthesizer era (I love those early synth and techno songs). It's no coincidence that 00s Japanese pop/rock was influenced by western 70s/80s songs and that's probably why I like em so much.

The main reason I like videogame music is the way they design simple motifs and weave them into the OST in such a way that it sticks into your head but at the same time the overall pieces can still be musically complex, as well as versatile since the same motif can be made brighter or darker with a little bit of theory knowhow. Currently I'm working on making my own games (while leveraging my musical experience) and the best way to learn about it is just listening and analyzing different game OSTs. I mean most people versed in music think game OSTs are unsophisticated but it ain't true lol

TIM
    ISFp (SEI) 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    how does one VI nonwhites with this?

You bring an interesting and valid point, though. I remember, back in the day of my socionics "phase", I was a member of a Polish socionics message board forum and site. We liked to type a lot of different people, and while we also did type non-white people, a lot of users were like 'it's difficult to VI a non-white person', because so little resources for VI take poc to consideration. I think it would be much easier if the country where Socionics was "invented" was more racially diverse, so original Filatova photos could have been with more than a few people of colour.

All-in-all, this is a very interesting article, which to me makes a lot of sense. There's literally nothing better to learn VI from than Filatova's photos.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I look like the EII also you should consider there are multiple facial types within one type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see the differences between types pics pretty well even though I see the dichotomy pics as useless

I have some female acquaintances who look similar to these photos and belong to the exact same type as the photos, but I don't think it will really work for anyone you meet in the street because human faces are more diverse than in photos + males pictures are totally off

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    The best looking guys are Gammas except the SEE. He really does look serial killer. The Deltas all look super gross. Alphas look psycho (Ne and Fe probably). Betas look average. Not noticeable.
    Does that bike mean you're the village bicycle SEE? J/K

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnPocoLoco View Post
    I see the dichotomy pics as useless
    Nonverbal is about a behaivor. Pics show it not good.
    >= videos per a human is what should be to understand nonverbal behavior difference of types. by intuitive-nonverbal method

Also, the more correct examples - the more clear difference will be felt. It's doubtful that Filatova identified types principally better than common for today ~50%. At least, when as examples were used people which were not good know for her - in regular informal communications for years.

> I don't think it will really work for anyone you meet

Depends on the quantity of nonverbal data and your skills. The accuracy will be not absolute. Just useful info about human's behavior related to types. The lesser you know a human - the more you'll need to base the opinion on nonverbal data.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Nonverbal is about a behaivor. Pics show it not good.
    >= videos per a human is what should be to understand nonverbal behavior difference of types. by intuitive-nonverbal method

Also, the more correct examples - the more clear difference will be felt. It's doubtful that Filatova identified types principally better than common for today ~50%. At least, when as examples were used people which were not good know for her - in regular informal communications for years.

> I don't think it will really work for anyone you meet

Depends on the quantity of nonverbal data and your skills. The accuracy will be not absolute. Just useful info about human's behavior related to types. The lesser you know a human - the more you'll need to base the opinion on nonverbal data.
    Whatever
    Souls know their way back home

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Emily
    that "ILI" reminds this LSI

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Emily
    that "ILI" reminds this LSI
    You haven't answered my question yet , where did Jung mention nonverbal behavior in his books?
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    Ni-EIE-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a method I found.In this method, the mouths and eyes of the Sociotypes are similar.This method is: focusing on the eyes and mouth

mouths
    +Ti ILE and LSI
    -Fe EIE and SEI
    +Fi SEE and EII
    -Te LSE and ILI
    +Fe ESE and IEI
    -Ti SLE and LII
    +Te LIE and SLI
    -Fi IEE and ESI

eyes
    +Ne ILE and EII
    -Ni EIE and ILI
    +Se SEE and LSI
    -Si LSE and SEI
    +Si ESE and SLI
    -Se SLE and ESI
    +Ni LIE and IEI
    -Ne IEE and LII

I call these the Supervision analogy. Well:
    Causal-Determinist Cognition = EII (+Ne) ILE (+Ti) LSI (+Se) SEE (+Fi) EII
    Dialectical-Algorithmic Cognition = SEI (-Fe) EIE (-Ni) ILI (-Te) LSE (-Si) SEI
    Vortical-Synergetic Cognition = SLI (+Si) ESE (+Fe) IEI (+Ni) LIE (+Te) SLI
    Holographic-Panoramic Cognition = IEE (-Ne) LII (-Ti) SLE (-Se) ESI (-Fi) IEE

There is also the Benefit analogy. This method is:
    ILE, EIE, SEE, LSE
    ESE, SLE, LIE, IEE
    SEI, LSI, ILI, EII
    LII, IEI, ESI, SLI

My main method is this: By combining the Benefit affinity and the Supervision affinity, I find out whether the Sociotypes I found are an Inert type or a Contact type.If an ILE Sociotype is an Inert type, it is EIx when doing Visual Identification, that is, it looks like EIE and EII. But if Contact is a type, this time it is LSx, that is, it looks like LSE and LSI.

inert
    ILE = EIx. like EIE or EII
    ESE = IEx. like IEE or IEI
    SEI = LSx. like LSI or LSE
    LII = SLx. like SLI or SLE
    EIE = SEx. like SEE or SEI
    SLE = ESx. like ESE or ESI
    LSI = ILx. like ILI or ILE
    IEI = LIx. like LII or LIE
    SEE = LSx. like LSE or LSI
    LIE = SLx. like SLE or SLI
    ILI = EIx. like EII or EIE