Thread: Travel / Exploration thread

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Travel / Exploration thread

What interesting places would you like to visit?

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    What interesting places would you like to visit?
    I'm dying to visit most of Europe; France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Italy, and Russia specifically. Planning on going to Germany, to Stuttgart and Bavaria, sometime in January or February when I get finances in order. Probably not the best time to go but earliest time I can go is the best time for me. Hopefully they'll be done with their shutdown by then though.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    I'm dying to visit most of Europe; France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Italy, and Russia specifically. Planning on going to Germany, to Stuttgart and Bavaria, sometime in January or February when I get finances in order. Probably not the best time to go but earliest time I can go is the best time for me. Hopefully they'll be done with their shutdown by then though.
    I lived there. Not the most beautiful city in Germany. I'd recommend Tübingen, the Black Forest, the Hohenzollern Castle and the Lake Constance if ever you're looking for day trips from not so pretty Stuttgart. I don't think the shutdown will be over in February(or at least you won't be able to come into the country without quarantine). Bavaria is pretty nice in winter though.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always dreamed to visit Sri Lanka, Namibia, the Aztec ruins in Mexico, Wadi Rum in Jordan, Tibet and Iran. Hope I'll do that someday.

Best so far:
    - I crossed the Amazon for a week sleeping in a hammock on a sleeper boat on the Amazon River in Brazil, that was pretty nice!
    - Iceland was also awesome, volcanoes, glaciers, hot springs, and so forth!

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I lived there. Not the most beautiful city in Germany. I'd recommend Tübingen, the Black Forest, the Hohenzollern Castle and the Lake Constance if ever you're looking for day trips from not so pretty Stuttgart. I don't think the shutdown will be over in February(or at least you won't be able to come into the country without quarantine). Bavaria is pretty nice in winter though.
    I'm planning on going as it's a German friend of mines home town and she hypes it up hardcore lol. Admittedly she hasn't been there for 15 years though lol.

I want to go everywhere in the country except Berlin and Frankfurt. Well maybe those two at some point but low on the list of cities to visit there. Not my style.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This place seems to have a nice ESI. I'd like to visit there.

I like to listen to her. Here's another video of Vladivostok.

Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-02-2021 at 03:35 AM.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to super-speed through the philosophical white hole in time, travelling to mirror realities, paradoxes, and illusions of the cash dark arts of reward through malevolence and chaos to the discord zither!!
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    The time is alway right to do what is right.
    Become who you are.
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dream is to visit all the countries of Europe and Japan. Now I have visited Switzerland, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain. My financial resources are limited, so I plan to travel with maximum savings in mind. I buy cheap airline tickets and train tickets. I usually live in hostels, or I'm looking for couch surfers. When I was going to Rome, I found out that in Europe there are free local guides who are ready to give a tourist a tour of their city. I turned to these guys and got a great tour of Rome. So if you are going to one of the cities of Europe and are looking for a free guide, you can read more here.
    Last edited by Raywaytut; 03-15-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Ohh, who hasn't dreamed of traveling to Europe? Last summer I worked twice as hard and managed to save a lot of money for the trip. And I will never forget it! I visited Germany, Austria and France and stayed in at least two cities in each country. But I still tried to save money by staying in hostels and traveling by train. I also want to recommend the booking service https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/, which I used to buy tickets. It was pretty easy and I had a lot of options to choose from. I am planning to visit Italy and Rome this year. I can't wait to see these amazing places!
    Last edited by VoltaTarchok; 06-20-2022 at 01:33 PM.