TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Oohh we’ve been preparing for a while.
    My SO has a gun addiction buying habit and we have have quite a bit of ammo last I knew. But I need to find more Coke Zero. That’s what I’m really worried about. Screw toilet paper. People can wipe their ass with about anything, I don’t get the toilet paper thing.
    I think I saw some at my local Costco. Sam's Club and Costco I'm pretty sure will let you "browse" about, but you need to be a member before you can buy the stuff they're selling. Hit those up. Hell, many already have. I know I'm right about a lot of this shit as I can see the shelves in both Costco and the regular gorcery stores slowly becoming barer and barer.

People are in varying states of denial right now about how bad shit's about to get. I'm at "pretty fucking bad" as I know about shit like the Dynastic Cycle and how that tended to play out. As we get closer and closer to the 20th a realization that "shit's about to hit the fan" will dawn upon more and more of the population. I'd do a search, join if they got that item, and buy as much as ya can. You likely won't get a second chance.

Also, that TP obsession... Most people don't wanna have to resort to the "the rock" or "the thumb" if ya catch my meaning. It's a modern comfort most are quite unwilling to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    As insurrections go this was pretty tame in reality.
    Main triggering point about that. Compare how that's getting covered by the MSM to how they covered the BLM riots (yes, they were riots). DC was literally on fire a few months ago and that was a "mostly peaceful" protest according to the talking heads. Yet this fireless break-in is an act of "domestic terrorism" and "insurrection".

Hell, an unarmed female vet got shot for no good reason and there are no riots. Suddenly, "kill all them racist cops!" became "Way to go Cops, waste that bitch gangsta style!"

And people wonder why I predict that shit's going to end badly for everyone no matter which side they're on...

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I will also throw something out here as it perfectly describes what's going on right now: Attachment 16603

That's our reality right now. Again, that doesn't end in any way but bad. I regret that I can't find a way to make that image show up without clicking that text but give it a gander. The man's not wrong. At this point, it all boils down to who you see as friend and who you see as enemy. At this point, it's all about helping friends kill enemies. I wish this was not the case, but, well, my "enemies" have made their intent crystal clear.

I must die for their utopia to be realized. The fact I see Earthly Utopias as literally impossible to realize but that we may be able to get close if we but only try to actually try to understand each other and treat each other as the beloved creations of an ultimately benevolent deity is "whiteness" (i.e. an original sin) in the worldview of our current elite. Like I said, our dogmas are diametrically opposed.

To use another example that builds onto my next point, we both worship different gods that mandate we destroy the other worshipper. Say a Christian and a Molochian were forced to live under the same roof. The Molochian fervently believes they must sacrifice babies to their god as that proves their faith and thus rewards them with benefactions for doing so. The Christian sees this as a most absolute evil and must try to save the babies from the Molochian as if they do not they are complicit in a mortal sin (i.e. the murder of innocents) and will thus be damned to hell eternal if they "tolerate" their roommate.

The Molochian, in contrast, sees this insane Christian as an absolute idiot for no true god would fail to demand such a complete and undeniable show of loyalty! That god is the god of pussies and cowards and is not worthy of your worship! Better to drag you into a "real" religion's gatherings you heathen than suffer your ill conceived and flat out wrong notions of mercy dragging you into a world of disappointment and unnecessary hardship!
    Last edited by End; 01-12-2021 at 05:48 AM.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

The two sides of the same coin will merge someday and create a nightmare beyond our comprehension.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@inumbra I hitted like by accident.

Banned
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Donald Trump

Tremble with terror, YOU ARE FINISHED
    Last edited by Joe Biden; 01-12-2021 at 11:45 AM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I don't hate Trump. He's done more good than bad as a president imo, something that cannot be said about Clinton, Bush, or Obama. He's not a bad person overall imo, and I think he truly does care about our country and wants to "Make it Great" . . . but he also wants to make sure he gets the credit for that. He mentions this every other sentence. He does far too much to feed his own ego in that regard. He has some good and some bad policies. He was a far better choice than the alternatives, which is why I voted for him this time around.

But he is a fool too, and his ego gets in the way. He's not a leader, he's a cheerleader. He just isn't. He flip-flops based on whoever last had his ear, and you have to hope that someone with sense and decency is talking in it, or else he does really dumb things. People banded around him imo because they want someone who speaks for them and he was the closest thing they could get. Some of his policies are good for the people, far more so than our last few presidents. So, it's not unwarranted.

Then there's the whole Q group of idol-worship, which is a whole nother story. They are imo looking for a savior. They really wanted to believe Trump was that guy and convinced themselves that he was. But he isn't and never has been that guy. The establishment does hate him, and absolutely have been trying to take him down because he is an obstacle. He's revealed them, but he whines constantly, and caves too often. He's done some very positive things and put some stumbling blocks in their way which I'm grateful for. It's given some people tools to work with to do more. That's good, because one person is never going to be able to do enough, even if they manage to become president.

Being honest about his faults doesn't hurt him. Lying about him does - and that's what the media does constantly. They do it on purpose imo. His supporters do it out of hope? I'm not sure. But failing to see that he isn't some kind of hero messiah just makes a person delusional.

Finally, you're making this all about Trump, and it's not. He's the foothold to a much much bigger problem. His demonization was a means to demonize others. And it spreads. It goes far beyond him. Salami tactics is what it is. I'm hoping there are enough good people that stand up now and fight against this, because there's a whole lot more at stake than Trump's reputation. Everything that has been pushed for the past 4 years starts to make more sense when you realize that's the tactic. Framing him as a fascist and a racist isn't revenge on him, it's to frame everyone associated with him as the same. Paint everyone who supports him as some kind of white supremacist and then you have an excuse to go after them too. Guilt by association.

There are currently people losing their jobs and being investigated just for being present during that rally, when they never even got near the building itself. People talk about how parler is being shut down - well, it happened years ago to Gab, and the founder of that site not only was denied hosting services and had to build his own servers, but all payment was refused to him. He couldn't accept any money through his site by any credit card or payment service, and could only use bitcoin, wire transfers and checks. His app was kicked off all the app stores. And even his personal credit cards and those of his family members were revoked, so they can't even have a credit card for personal use. Trump isn't unique or the first. And he has more resources than most to fall back on, so don't make it about Trump. Those that actually are blinded by hate for the man will only laugh the more bad that befalls him and never make the connection that this is only the beginning if we don't stop it. That he is the president and so high-profile will hopefully bring attention to what is happening, but it's been happening unnoticed to others for a long time already.
    100% agree. I voted for trump, too. Zero regrets. I think some people might be surprised by that fact, as I haven’t openly said it for obvious reasons. But yes, I agree he is a narcissist. Like how all the celebs (well, the majority, and the ones that if there is Illuminati, then they are prob it) and big corps are supporting Biden and Harris. Nothing funny about that whatsoever...I think people should be more worried than they are. Personally I’m extremely worried. Banning trump from all those platforms and the impeachment...My moms been calling me every few hours freaking out...’make sure your gas tank is full, get groceries. do you have enough groceries??things are going down..’which is just giving me more anxiety lol...But she’s been doing this for a year (big conspiracy theorist)

anyway, glad to see post again squark
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I think I saw some at my local Costco. Sam's Club and Costco I'm pretty sure will let you "browse" about, but you need to be a member before you can buy the stuff they're selling. Hit those up. Hell, many already have. I know I'm right about a lot of this shit as I can see the shelves in both Costco and the regular gorcery stores slowly becoming barer and barer.

People are in varying states of denial right now about how bad shit's about to get. I'm at "pretty fucking bad" as I know about shit like the Dynastic Cycle and how that tended to play out. As we get closer and closer to the 20th a realization that "shit's about to hit the fan" will dawn upon more and more of the population. I'd do a search, join if they got that item, and buy as much as ya can. You likely won't get a second chance.

Also, that TP obsession... Most people don't wanna have to resort to the "the rock" or "the thumb" if ya catch my meaning. It's a modern comfort most are quite unwilling to part with.

Main triggering point about that. Compare how that's getting covered by the MSM to how they covered the BLM riots (yes, they were riots). DC was literally on fire a few months ago and that was a "mostly peaceful" protest according to the talking heads. Yet this fireless break-in is an act of "domestic terrorism" and "insurrection".

Hell, an unarmed female vet got shot for no good reason and there are no riots. Suddenly, "kill all them racist cops!" became "Way to go Cops, waste that bitch gangsta style!"

And people wonder why I predict that shit's going to end badly for everyone no matter which side they're on...
    Lmao. thanks! I found some last night, but I went to a different town! Thank god! Whew! Geezus, people use their thumbs? Hope they at least wash their hands good. I’ve told a few random strangers in stores that the toilet paper thing is weird, that they can use anything, and they look at me like I’m an alien. Well they prob think I’m crude, too, but Geezus people!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Subversive Sage(?)
    TIM
    ILI(?) 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I unironically think Vermin Supreme would've been a good choice of candidate. Whatever he might be credited for, it's clear with Trump that the American system doesn't take itself seriously anymore, which I reckon is a big part of what makes him appeal to his supporters. So what we need is a guy who's savvy to that, and goes a step further in flouting convention without being arguably as much of a douche.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The state of people on this forum:

Left and right are just two of the many ways available to a person to be imbecile
    José Ortega y Gasset - The Revolt of the Masses (1930)

A proposition must be plain to be adopted by the understanding of a people. A false notion which is clear and precise will always meet with a greater number of adherents in the world than a true principle which is obscure or involved
    Alexis de Tocqueville - Democracy in America Vol. I (1830)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the rioters intending to prevent the formalization of Joe Biden's election victory? Couldn't the prevention of the enforcement of an election result credibly be called an attempted coup d'état, even if it came from a disorganized and ineffectual mob?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the rioters intending to prevent the formalization of Joe Biden's election victory? Couldn't the prevention of the enforcement of an election result credibly be called an attempted coup d'état, even if it came from a disorganized and ineffectual mob?
    If a protest and whatever they were doing in the Capitol counts as “acting to prevent.” If Joe Bob down the street says he’ll fight the election results, is that an attempted coup? What is he going to do? What were these protesters going to do? Calling it an “attempted coup” just makes it sound more dramatic than it was, and makes whoever is calling it that seem hysterical.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There are a lot of news services with a lot of different views. I read several of them, but my go-to source of reliable information is AP News. They have been rated as being in the middle of the political spectrum, and their news has a very high "truth" factor. Many of the other news outlets post stories which originate from AP News.

They aren't as left as I'd like them to be, but maybe a strict reporting of the truth isn't as left as I'd like it to be.

They recently had a story about who the Capitol protesters were. Here is a link.

https://apnews.com/article/us-capito...a68acd6b55cace

From the article:

WASHINGTON (AP) — They came from across America, summoned by President Donald Trump to march on Washington in support of his false claim that the November election was stolen and to stop the congressional certification of Democrat Joe Biden as the victor.

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” Trump tweeted a week before Christmas. “Be there, will be wild!”

The insurrectionist mob that showed up at the president’s behest and stormed the U.S. Capitol was overwhelmingly made up of longtime Trump supporters, including Republican Party officials, GOP political donors, far-right militants, white supremacists, members of the military and adherents of the QAnon myth that the government is secretly controlled by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophile cannibals. Records show that some were heavily armed and included convicted criminals, such as a Florida man recently released from prison for attempted murder.

The Associated Press reviewed social media posts, voter registrations, court files and other public records for more than 120 people either facing criminal charges related to the Jan. 6 unrest or who, going maskless amid the pandemic, were later identified through photographs and videos taken during the melee.

The evidence gives lie to claims by right-wing pundits and Republican officials such as Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., that the violence was perpetrated by left-wing antifa thugs rather than supporters of the president.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    I saw the break in in regards to the capital building as more of a "put the fear of God" into them move. It had no real purpose far as I could tell except to be a real life shitpost. If they were intent on actual insurrection or murdering of political adversaries they would have come in with heavier weaponry and would have, one must admit, actually collected a few heads instead of mere hard drives. The memes resulting from the photos of cowering congress creatures is a thing I will forever see as a very good thing that resulted from all that if nothing else.

Governments ought to fear their people, and it's always nice to see concrete proof that Etienne De La Boetie was most correct in his sick burn upon the nature of all tyrants. Look him up, read his "Discourse on Voluntary Servitude" if you are unfamiliar with it. It's one of the works that made me the kind of political animal I am today. You'll know the burn the instant you start to read it and I don't care what side you're on in all this I bet money ye shall repeat it to anyone you seek to burn in turn. It's really pretty damn sick. Well, so long as insults to one's potential masculinity don't make you out to be some kind of istaphobe or some such. Only non-Death Cultists/SJWs are able to truly appreciate that master class in issuing an insult from one man to another .

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fitting song for the new age of censorship:

I'm counting down the days
    The future feels so distant
    A lot of things have changed
    And few have been resistant

Devaluation reigns
    And fear of self destruction
    Adapt or be replaced
    And follow their instructions

So lay waste to all we've made
    For your corporate palisade
    You won't automate our roles
    If we digitize our souls

A new force will intervene
    Half human, half machine
    And no enterprise on Earth will make us kneel
    To your empire of steel

Recoded, we'll reboot
    An uprising is moving
    And the power you misused
    Will soon be your undoing

We'll give you what you need
    Though not quite what you were meaning
    And we'll reap what you have sown
    We are the soul of this new machine

If we digitize our souls

Half human, half machine
    To your empire of steel

To your empire of-
    To your empire of steel
    (And we'll reap what you have sown)
    To your empire of-

If we digitize our souls

Half human, half machine
    To your empire of steel
    To your empire of steel
    To your empire of steel

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Half human, half machine
    Wonder if those parts are about Elon Musk's vision.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how they are stoking a civil war with the 25th amendment, impeachment, and banning trump shit. That Nancy Pelosi is one nasty piece of work.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gamma business is severing ties with the Trump organization.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eturning-to-it

https://www.theguardian.com/business...h-donald-trump

https://apnews.com/article/nyc-termi...074c894de31612

Trump's business is about to be in a world of hurt.

Still, by claiming that he needs money to "fight the steal", Trump has collected about $250M in a slush fund that he can use for whatever purposes he wants. This alone is motivation to keep up the pretense that he won the election.

Keep those cards and letters coming in, folks.

In other news, 15,000 troops have been called to Washington to attend the inaugural.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Still, by claiming that he needs money to "fight the steal", Trump has collected about $250M in a slush fund that he can use for whatever purposes he wants. This alone is motivation to keep up the pretense that he won the election.

Keep those cards and letters coming in, folks.
    Trump is being Canceled. Here we go
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like how they are stoking a civil war with the 25th amendment, impeachment, and banning trump shit. That Nancy Pelosi is one nasty piece of work.
    While I agree that impeaching Trump at this point is beating a dead horse, I think the man needs to be held accountable for his own actions. He is impeachable, and should probably be held accountable for his actions one way or another.

Trump is being Canceled. Here we go
    He deserves it. Again, accountability, folks, everyone seems to take the blame for stuff except Trump in Trump's view.

Why do you feel you should defend him, Aster?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    While I agree that impeaching Trump at this point is beating a dead horse, I think the man needs to be held accountable for his own actions. He is impeachable, and should probably be held accountable for his actions one way or another.

He deserves it. Again, accountability, folks, everyone seems to take the blame for stuff except Trump in Trump's view.

Not a big fan of cancel culture. Don’t care whose side people are on. Did you see what they tried doing to Chris Pratt?? They tried ruining his career for being private about his political opinion. To me, that’s just insane.

anyway ‘holding people accountable’ isn’t really my forte, personally. I just got chewed out by my 11 year old last night for not disciplining my 8 year old.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a Cancel Culture?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    What is a Cancel Culture?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancel_culture
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not a big fan of cancel culture. Don’t care whose side people are on. Did you see what they tried doing to Chris Pratt?? They tried ruining his career for being private about his political opinion. To me, that’s just insane.

anyway ‘holding people accountable’ isn’t really my forte, personally. I just got chewed out by my 11 year old last night for not disciplining my 8 year old.
    I don't like cancel culture either, though I wouldn't associate holding Trump responsible for his actions with it.

I didn't see the Chris Pratt thing, but there are alot of such stories. I agree it goes too far. Otoh I still feel Trump should be held accountable for inciting the riot against the capitol.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:3 cute hehehe

the man is basically a 90s democrat, a gamma SEE business mogul who lied to get elected, kept only those promises which were convenient and instead of firing the swamp, he surrounded himself with it. His family has some real shady ties and such to shady ass ppl e_e I doubt most ppl will miss or like the guy, fuckem.

Plus we got bigger fish to fry, such as silicon valley ponzy scheme monopolies and liberals on both the right and the left who are in their pockets.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

apparently, if this time impeachment is successful, it would mean he cannot run for president again sometime in the future. Or that is what I’ve been told, at least.
    That's what I heard too, though I also think he's done for in politics, really. I doubt he'll make a comeback in four years, so to me it feels one hand like wasting time and resources on something just for partisan reasons, and I do see where Aster is coming from if that's what she means. On the other hand, he needs to be held accountable one way or another for what happened, though I am not sure a second impeachment is the way to go.

I'm not well-versed in law so I can't contribute a huge amount to this issue.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 01-13-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: fixed typo

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the man is basically a 90s democrat, a gamma SEE business mogul who lied to get elected, kept only those promises which were convenient and instead of firing the swamp, he surrounded himself with it. His family has some real shady ties and such to shady ass ppl e_e I doubt most ppl will miss or like the guy, fuckem.

Yep, I agree, which is why I think the impeachment is a bit moot and wasteful resource-wise. See my response to asd above.

Plus we got bigger fish to fry, such as silicon valley ponzy scheme monopolies and liberals on both the right and the left who are in their pockets.
    Yep, agreed again, in the end alot of things we talk about in the media are smokescreens...

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he is encouraging the riot, which included things like chanting “hang Mike Pence,” going in there to take hostages, killing and general hostility towards police officers, killing of one protestor, and so - and despite that, he encouraged it, I think it is okay to “cancel” him, at least as far as social media companies go
    Yes, but what about all the violence in the BLM riots that the democrats encouraged? Why aren’t they being held accountable for that? Eh, I feel like this is a war on free speech.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, but what about all the violence in the BLM riots that the democrats encouraged? Why aren’t they being held accountable for that? Eh, I feel like this is a war on free speech.
    I don't think there is any ill-intent on your part, but this is called whatabout-ism. It's something people resort to alot nowadays, when trying to discredit political opponents in debates. Like I said I don't think there is any ill-will here, and I've caught myself doing it too, it's such an easy thing to do since everyone is so defensive about politics, it can be hard to see oneself clearly in these cases.

"Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.[4][5][6] When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Soviet response would often be "What about ..." followed by instancing of an event or situation in the Western world.[7][8][9] According to Russian writer, chess grandmaster and political activist Garry Kasparov, it is a word that was coined to describe the frequent use of a rhetorical diversion by Soviet apologists and dictators, who would counter charges of their oppression, "massacres, gulags, and forced deportations" by invoking American slavery, racism, lynchings, etc.[10] Whataboutism has been used by other politicians and countries as well."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there is any ill-intent on your part, but this is called whatabout-ism. It's something people resort to alot nowadays, when trying to discredit political opponents in debates. Like I said I don't think there is any ill-will here, and I've caught myself doing it too, it's such an easy thing to do since everyone is so defensive about politics, it can be hard to see oneself clearly in these cases.

"Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.[4][5][6] When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Soviet response would often be "What about ..." followed by instancing of an event or situation in the Western world.[7][8][9] According to Russian writer, chess grandmaster and political activist Garry Kasparov, it is a word that was coined to describe the frequent use of a rhetorical diversion by Soviet apologists and dictators, who would counter charges of their oppression, "massacres, gulags, and forced deportations" by invoking American slavery, racism, lynchings, etc.[10] Whataboutism has been used by other politicians and countries as well."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
    lol that’s very interesting. But I do think there is a lot of hypocrisy going down. How are you suppose to expose it in an ‘honest way’, without fallacy? But I do read the news daily. Several times daily. I stayed up very late last night watching the house vote for the 25th amendment. I’m not ignorant to what is going down. I’ve been trying to keep up with it as best as I can because this all seems like a pretty big deal to me.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not familiar with BLM riot or incitements on them. But I do believe it is within the companies’ right in general to cancel those kinds of people. Plus - and I don’t necessarily like this but it just is - this was “bigger” or more attention grabbing due to being a Capitol riot and the protestors were encouraged by the President. That may be why you see a bigger action taken here maybe

I think “free speech” is fine but when it’s literally resulting in violence, an action has to be taken

plus this was an attack on the government itself, incited by the president, so it makes sense more urgent actions are taken for it.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/617614/
    im not trying to downplay and incitement’s of violence by anybody else in the congress but just that I don’t think Twitter or any other tech companies really did anything wrong by “cancelling” him.
    Did you watch trumps speech?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol that’s very interesting. But I do think there is a lot of hypocrisy going down. How are you suppose to expose it in an ‘honest way’, without fallacy? But I do read the news daily. Several times daily. I stayed up very late last night watching the house vote for the 25th amendment. I’m not ignorant to what is going down. I’ve been trying to keep up with it as best as I can because this all seems like a pretty big deal to me.
    Yeah, I agree there are alot of double standards going on. I'm not denying that, and it needs to be said.

I just meant that maybe then wasn't the right time to point it out regarding the BLM riots? Even if the violence caused by antifa and such at these riots are not excusable, and democrats have been too silent about it, it doesn't take away from Trump being responsible nonetheless for what happened on capitol hill.

But like I said, I have done the same thing before, lol, so I know it comes from a desire to point out hypocrisy, I'm just saying things have to be kept on-subject lol.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one?
    the one before his supporters stormed capitol hill
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not familiar with BLM riot or incitements on them. But I do believe it is within the companies’ right in general to cancel those kinds of people. Plus - and I don’t necessarily like this but it just is - this was “bigger” or more attention grabbing due to being a Capitol riot and the protestors were encouraged by the President. That may be why you see a bigger action taken here maybe
    Legality != morality. Yes they have a legal “right” to cancel these people. And people have a “right” to be concerned that big tech can just make opposing views and people they don’t like disappear from the Internet. If the forum moderators decided to ban you because they didn’t like you they’d have a “right” to do so; does that make it morally right?

I think “free speech” is fine but when it’s literally resulting in violence, an action has to be taken
    “Resulting in violence” is an odd way to say that a protester was needlessly shot. Law enforcement let a mob into the capitol; it’s their fault, not Trump’s.

plus this was an attack on the government itself, incited by the president, so it makes sense more urgent actions are taken for it.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/617614/
    im not trying to downplay and incitement’s of violence by anybody else in the congress but just that I don’t think Twitter or any other tech companies really did anything wrong by “cancelling” him.
    Trump did not tell them to go there. He didn’t incite anything. And even if he did the fact that big tech collaborated to disappear the online presence of the President doesn’t concern you?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Trump did not tell them to go there. He didn’t incite anything.
    Where are you getting your news?

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...-capitol-riot/

And even if he did the fact that big tech collaborated to disappear the online presence of the President doesn’t concern you?
    Isn't this an example of me-too-ism?

"I did nothing wrong."
    "And if I did, you can't prove it because I deny it."
    "And even if I did it, it wasn't wrong."
    "There are other things you should worry about so much more."

I'm thinking "Ted Bundy" here.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's ambiguous, but I think Trump is intentionally ambiguous. He's not going to directly ask his supporters to be violent, but he hopes they will be. He leaves them ambiguous statements so that they may read between the lines. He will ofc denounce them afterwards, less ambiguously, to save himself.

I think there is a bit of a difference between that and actually storming the capitol as though it's a hostile takeover, personally. That's why the word "insurrection" started being used--it went beyond riot and civil unrest.

This bothers me because I don't think it's good for these private entities to have this kind of power. I would rather the government have it. The constitution protects citizens from the government (I'm referring mainly to the 1st amendment) not from private entities that can more and more determine who is allowed to speak or not (be heard), which other smaller businesses are allowed to exist or not, who can have a bank account or not--they can basically outcast someone from society all on their own. They are not voted for. They have too much power.

If Trump is guilty of insurrection, it should not be up to them to deliver the repercussions imo.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I think it's ambiguous, but I think Trump is intentionally ambiguous. He's not going to directly ask his supporters to be violent, but he hopes they will be. He leaves them ambiguous statements so that they may read between the lines. He will ofc denounce them afterwards, less ambiguously, to save himself.

I think there is a bit of a difference between that and actually storming the capitol as though it's a hostile takeover, personally. That's why the word "insurrection" started being used--it went beyond riot and civil unrest.

This bothers me because I don't think it's good for these private entities to have this kind of power. I would rather the government have it. The constitution protects citizens from the government (I'm referring mainly to the 1st amendment) not from private entities that can more and more determine who is allowed to speak or not (be heard), which other smaller businesses are allowed to exist or not, who can have a bank account or not--they can basically outcast someone from society all on their own. They are not voted for. They have too much power.

If Trump is guilty of insurrection, it should not be up to them to deliver the repercussions imo.
    Yeah, I also thought his speech was ambiguous, probably purposefully so. I wouldn’t doubt if he was watching it all on tv smirking the entire time tbh. But will they be able to find him guilty of insurrection since it was so ambiguous, is what I’m wondering?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The guy is a despicable human being. He's proven this over and over. I have a hard time understanding how anyone with a moral sense can look at what he does every day and give him a pass. I wish someone would explain it to me.

The law says that you can't discriminate by race, color, creed, etc. It says nothing about having to give your business to people charged with insurrection.

The law distinguishes between criminal and civil penalties.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad. I didn’t see that he mentioned anything about going over to the capitol. Still he wasn’t calling for violence and asked them to be peaceful.

Isn't this an example of me-too-ism?

"I did nothing wrong."
    "And if I did, you can't prove it because I deny it."
    "And even if I did it, it wasn't wrong."
    "There are other things you should worry about so much more."

I'm thinking "Ted Bundy" here.
    Yes, I’m saying it’s more concerning that Twitter and big tech have decided to censor a sitting President than whatever Trump may have said.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My bad. I didn’t see that he mentioned anything about going over to the capitol. Still he wasn’t calling for violence and asked them to be peaceful.
    He is a weasel and a coward, only too happy to incite and then dodge responsibility. Please refer to my post, "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_n...lent_priest%3F

Yes, I’m saying it’s more concerning that Twitter and big tech have decided to censor a sitting President than whatever Trump may have said.
    Free speech is an essential part of maintaining a democracy, but the right to say anything you want is not unlimited.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouti...rowded_theater

Twitter and big tech let him talk for a long time, and what we got as a result was something that many people predicted.
    @FreelancePoliceman, you're a smart guy, normally excellent at seeing unvarnished reality. Why are you not seeing this?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy is a despicable human being. He's proven this over and over. I have a hard time understanding how anyone with a moral sense can look at what he does every day and give him a pass. I wish someone would explain it to me.
    Personally. I think the majority, if not all politicians are prob corrupt & nasty individuals. He’s just more open and unforgiving about his ‘negative’ traits imo, which is one reason why a lot of his supporters like him... and why his opponents hate him. He doesn’t play the game the usual way.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast