Thread: 2020 Disunited States of America Election

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Only someone with a bias could go from "Including more people" and call it "erasing you".

OK, that's my first, unconsidered liberal reaction. A more thoughtful response would be to ask "Is this going to help or harm the purpose of girls' sports?" And then I'd ask, "What is the purpose of girls' sports?" Is it to build lifelong habits of being active? Is it to teach hard competition? Is it to create a parade of scantily clad girls running around? I mean, start from first principles and go from there.

Having people who are genetically male physically compete against people who are genetically female might not be so great, if you want to see how well a person who is genetically female can perform. It would be like genetically altering some wrestlers to have chimpanzee strength muscles. Everyone else might as well go home.
    But excluding someone from healthy activities seems wrong, too.

Perhaps @xerxe's solution is best.

TIM
    whatever you think
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Only someone with a bias could go from "Including more people" and call it "erasing you".

OK, that's my first, unconsidered liberal reaction. A more thoughtful response would be to ask "Is this going to help or harm the purpose of girls' sports?" And then I'd ask, "What is the purpose of girls' sports?" Is it to build lifelong habits of being active? Is it to teach hard competition? Is it to create a parade of scantily clad girls running around? I mean, start from first principles and go from there.

Having people who are genetically male physically compete against people who are genetically female might not be so great, if you want to see how well a person who is genetically female can perform. It would be like genetically altering some wrestlers to have chimpanzee strength muscles. Everyone else might as well go home.
    But excluding someone from healthy activities seems wrong, too.

Perhaps @xerxe's solution is best.
    yes, well I do not agree with how they worded the headline and I think it was meant to be attention grabbing. And yes, possibly bias. it seems hard to find an article that isn’t, it seems like

@xerxe’s solution doesn’t seem like a bad one imo and possibly preferable, but do you think it has the potential to change sports drastically, maybe far more & faster than people are ready for?

I haven’t thought about it a whole lot, but I don’t agree with this executive order. Just feel there has to possibly be a better way to go about it. Was just curious about what you other fine people on here would think.
    I saw it last night and was a bit disturbed

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎