Thread: Cha-ching

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cha-ching

Last edited by persimmonism; 07-22-2021 at 08:24 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1D Te types tend to be a bit careless about it (e.g. not knowing how to save 20% on a refrigerator or something) but the big spenders have (typically Se-valuing ethical types or SLE). Maybe SEEs would be the worst overall.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se leads typically earn well but also spend shamelessly on the very best. Saving is uninteresting, but I always try to get the best deal possible and save and optimize on items I don't care that much about. I won't spare any expense in getting the coolest car money can buy. This fits an SEE friend I have too, though he isn't as good at optimizing and comparing products and makes choices based on advice from others or just gut feeling.

However, I will never allow myself become penniless and will easily curb expenses and increase income as necessary. I just don't build much of a buffer because I'm convinced I'll solve any emergent situation as it arises.

I would say the NF irrationals are the worst at managing money, with IEE possibly being even worse than IEI. Which fits because SLI is more stingy with expenses than SLE although also usually earns less.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually very careful with money, especially when it comes to things I don't deem useful in the long run. Maybe I'm still very 1D about it, who knows ...

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s the Te mob types (SEE and IEE) who are the worst because they do value Te practicality but it’s very weak and limited so they only approach money from an emotionally safe standpoint due to Fi creative (if they like something, etc.) and not based off of what’s economical or necessary. They know they’re supposed to be more careful with money but they have no impulse control. They’re very inconsistent which shows through with Ti PoLR, because in order to practice effective money management you’d have to be consistent and not do anything and everything based upon whims.

Contrast SEE to SLE who does have 4D Te but don’t care about practicality but are actually very good at it because SLEs have factual minds and quickly able to grasp concepts and apply it. I’m pretty generous when it comes to spending but I don’t spend on junk or little things but I don’t cut corners either. I know how to hustle and shuffle money around where I can maximize what I have. Accumulating money is a given, but I don’t place emphasis on it. It’s just something I know how to do and assumed that everyone knows how to it too but I now realize I take that aspect for granted. To me, I can always get money. It’s funny because the only times my SEE friends ever blow up on me is when they feel like I’m throwing money around in their faces and I’m not. They don’t understand how I can pay for rent, have nice designer clothes, eat nice foods, go on vacations, drove a nice car (and maintain it), and still have time to screw around because they know I don’t work hard. They get mad at me when I say that I don’t worry about money because I know how to earn it. If I offer to pay for them like a meal or even coffee, they get upset with me like I’m saying they’re bad with money (they are but that’s not why I offer to pay for others).