Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Is it normal for ILIs to have lots of interests that it becomes a problem?

  1. #1
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Is it normal for ILIs to have lots of interests that it becomes a problem?

    I am normally typed as ILI but I don't really buy it. One reason is that I have a lot of hobbies and ideas that I pursue. Is that normal for an Ni leading type or do they tend to focus on a singular path with the best profit?

    With regards to seeing future trends, I do see it. I like planning, I like to have a control of the future and I can easily do it because I have an idea of what is most likely going to happen based on the facts I gather. But I don't see just one path, I mostly visualize the world as branches and with different outcomes depending on each path you take, and I don't want to choose because I can see opportunity in all of them. For basic stuff and work I can easily choose the "right" decision, I even tell correct predictions to other people (seeing trends can come naturally to me), but when it comes to my personal life and my aspirations I just like to get all of these ideas, learn all concepts and combine them all together to create something entirely different. Is that mostly Ni or Ne?

    I don't like to be tied down to one thing because somehow I feel that my mission is to gather every field and put them into one to describe the world. But somehow I get intrusive thoughts that I am letting myself become lost and that I am just lazing around and delaying the inevitable, which is to pursue one thing.

    Shitty ILI or a different type?

  2. #2
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,042
    Mentioned
    990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @one, that sounds pretty ILI to me. I know a few ILI's, and have for most of my life, and they all pretty much do that.

  3. #3
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Adam Strange any idea about ILE/IEE's attitude towards their interests and how it differs from ILI's? Do they tend to have a lot of interests too?

    I am kinda confused whether I am an Ni or Ne base. Reason why I don't think I am ILE however is that I don't join the fun for the sake of it and I always hold back when joining group emotional atmosphere (I run from stuff involving those). As for IEE as my type, I think I use way more Te and Ti and is more confident using them than Fi. I am not people oriented at all.

  4. #4
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILIs can live rather cluttered lives because they seem to have difficulty bringing things to a conclusion with which they themselves would be satisfied. Their living and working areas are often filled with all the debris from past obsessions or not-quite-closed projects - as if they're going to get back to it tomorrow to finish it off. They have no trouble starting a new endeavour and sometimes bring an initial excitement, which wears thin when they get into the nitty-gritty of producing a final product. Some actually need to be dragged across the finish line, and some others make excellent fence sitters who'd rather criticize everything than choose.

    a.k.a. I/O

  5. #5
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    9,042
    Mentioned
    990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    @Adam Strange any idea about ILE/IEE's attitude towards their interests and how it differs from ILI's? Do they tend to have a lot of interests too?

    I am kinda confused whether I am an Ni or Ne base. Reason why I don't think I am ILE however is that I don't join the fun for the sake of it and I always hold back when joining group emotional atmosphere (I run from stuff involving those). As for IEE as my type, I think I use way more Te and Ti and is more confident using them than Fi. I am not people oriented at all.
    I only know two male ILE's fairly well. One guy is incredibly good looking and is long-time married to one woman, and the other is more of a train wreck (my opinion. He seems to be able to support himself just fine.) and is more typical of the commonly described ILE's, in that he often acts like a kid, he's not nice to women and he very much wants to manage his public "reputation". When he has his friends over, his GF has to stay in the bedroom with the door closed so she doesn't embarrass him with her "dumb" comments. >_<

    I only know one male IEE and my ex-wife is living with him, and he seems "soft" to me. Ex-school teacher, never been married but throws regular parties for about thirty friends. Very friendly and outgoing.

    All of these guys are really social, in that they actively seek to mix with large groups of people and are really at ease, or I'd even say that they are in their element, when in front of a crowd.

    On the other hand, the ILI's that I know, while they can be dragged to a party if they think there will be sex or drugs there, normally keep to themselves. They much prefer groups of 3 or, preferably, just themselves and one other person.

    As for the range of interests of these types, I'd say that there isn't anything that stands out. They all seem to have a series of interests that last years, but not so many that they can't be done fairly well. Or maybe I just don't see the idle distractions that occupy them briefly.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-23-2020 at 05:23 PM.

  6. #6
    a two horned unicorn renegade Comatose Lamiac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah. Hah. It is like once there is a wall it is hard for them to get pass it while Ep's might get more steam [social motivation or something funny under those terms]. Kind of reminds what I have done lately dragging some dead projects across the finish line. Overall they continue with their life nevertheless if this is the OP's point.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  7. #7
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Rebelondeck Interesting, you pretty much describe me when it comes to projects. I can easily see faults in others' work and I know what to improve when I observe things, but I have difficulty following through, not because I don't know the next step, but because I already imagined the outcome and feel like the result is not needed anymore which, looking back, is not exactly the most mature perspective. To avoid that once I get a random idea, I spend time thinking and immediately execute and finish as much as I can. Just recently I was awake until 2 am because I wanted to start a project for some reason. I do still have issues having lots of interests though, I cannot make time for all of them.

    @Adam Strange Yikes to the ILE, if I would marry it would just makes sense that I would marry someone I wouldn't be embarrassed of. What the heck was he thinking when he married her lol.
    Didn't know IxEs are that social. I am totally the opposite, I would prefer to just talk to one or two people or else I would just get confused with all the talking.

    @Homicidal Maniac 007 In my case, I prefer seeing and observing things as a whole, so I prefer it if I can work on something all at once. For bigger projects that's unreasonable of course, but I cannot stop without having some sort of a goal that I can achieve. Once I lose track of the goal I hit that wall and almost always never come back to that project again. Normally I lose track when I get another insight or idea and have difficulty tying it with the overarching plan. Mostly happens when I get an urge to do a completely different thing, or maybe because of emotional state/burnout.

  8. #8
    2real Outlier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,217
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I feel that my mission is to gather every field and put them into one to describe the world.
    I do that too, and I do branch out for other reasons too. My main goal, which is achieving my higher self consists of several interests that I ruthlessly pursue. Like, the paths are not important as long as the course is set, and set it is.
    "The society that separates it's scholars from it's warriors will have it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting by fools." ―Thucydides



  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    TIM
    INTp (Te)
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's normal. Welcome to the club or something.

  10. #10
    a two horned unicorn renegade Comatose Lamiac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is important no to confuse so called romance styles with other personality manifestations. For instance there are ILIs with much more "infantile" hobbies and interests than ILE's have.

    Just look at the Simpsons character Comicbook Guy - lots of ILIs come close to that caricature. Anyways, alone from that you'll see lots of fantasy revolving around the subject itself Ep's OTOH get disillusioned a lot due to external potentials [being much less self involved]. So I' say it is Ip's own fantasy that keeps them going as well as quitting [the gains get rendered too hard to get or something at the expense of new fulfillment].
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  11. #11
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post
    ....... Kind of reminds what I have done lately dragging some dead projects across the finish line......
    From my experience, ILEs can be rather cluttered as well, due to them being easily distracted but they don't seem to like living in chaos and would prefer that someone else clean up after them and put their things in order. ILIs often don't like another touching their stuff as if they left it in a certain order (or disorder) and they want to find it that way when they get back to it. ILIs may become disinterested but they don't seem to get that distracted. ILIs also seem to remember where they put everything unlike ILEs.

    a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 10-24-2020 at 11:46 AM.

  12. #12
    a two horned unicorn renegade Comatose Lamiac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    From my experience, ILEs can be rather cluttered as well, due to them being easily distracted but they don't seem to like living in chaos and would prefer that someone else clean up after them and put their things in order. ILIs often don't like another touching their stuff as if they left it in a certain order (or disorder) and they want to find it that way when they get back to it. ILIs may become disinterested but they don't seem to get that distracted. ILIs also seem to remember where they put everything unlike ILEs.

    a.k.a. I/O
    Well, this the personal life domain which might go like that. Ep mindset however gets pumped up by challenges others have problems with while they may leave their own life rotting away. It is reverse for Ip.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    I don't know what ILI-C is like.

    I have come across an LIE-C and for those who don't have in-depth familiarity with the type, they might as well mistake him for ILE (it's possible). The Ne pronounced esp. as compared to other LIEs I have seen but he is a pretty clear LIE to me, everything considered. ADHD probably contributes.

    My friend is LIE-C and I agree with what you said

  14. #14
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wait, how about IEIs (and LIIs)? Do they experience this problem of having too much interests along with ILIs or is this mostly an ILI issue?

  15. #15
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Wait, how about IEIs (and LIIs)? Do they experience this problem of having too much interests along with ILIs or is this mostly an ILI issue?
    Mature Ips don't seem to spread themselves thin although they can hopscotch from one obsession to another. Most establish a very narrow range of interests. When young before they've found themselves, they can be all over the place but so can most types. I've often referred to Ips as anchors because they tend to metaphorically stay in one spot even though their interests change. Ejs carve wider circles but usually from fixed centres as well. Now Eps spread themselves thin; they seem to flit from flower to flower never dwelling in one place for very long unless outside forces compel them to stay put. Ijs seem to be somewhere between Eps and Ejs.

    a.k.a. I/O

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    11,366
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah I'm IxxP. I don't have a lot of interests. I only like gay pornography, writing stories and RPGs really. I don't really like much of anything else other than that lol. ((well once in awhile I also like to play mini golf.))

  17. #17
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Rebelondeck can you enlighten me on this. I have a lot of interests but I naturally want to connect most of them for a singular purpose (for example learning multiple concepts that are required to establish my own business - business is the singular purpose here). But the singular purpose will only come through once I am able to dabble on random interests. So the process is like - try random stuff -> find purpose for them instead of the other way around. I am thinking IJs will establish the purpose first -> try random stuff that will connect to their purpose. Is that right?

    I am only 23 if that matters. For added nuance there are also random stuff I do that doesn't necessarily connect to that one purpose. Like I realized that I wanted to organize my stuff. I figured I can build my own organizer and it would be cheaper so I spent my a few weekends on it. The only goal here is to organize, but my main purpose in life is not just that. The next weeks I'll probably spend time on another random interest, maybe researching about religion or something. But I do think that I need to try a lot of things and this behavior will probably not change. It's like I need it because I need to experience the world first and to see their "sameness" and connection with each other. In the future I'll be able to relate these concepts and experiences, for example I'll just have a sudden insight on the relation between organization and religion. I guess my focus is to see things as metaphors of each other. What temperament is this?

  18. #18
    black Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,669
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    You seem LII to me.

    Planning itself is not typical of irrationals, it's more typical of introverted rationals. ILIs I know tend to follow what presents itself as an opportunity in the moment based on risk vs reward that they sense instinctively. Based on your op I get the sense that your cognitive process is very much about mapping out the world in a Ti+Ne fashion.

    The terms used to describe ILIs such as "predicting the future" are misnomers I think. First of all ILIs predictions revolve around people and their behaviors. Even in terms of predicting what business endeavours will fail or succeed this is always based on how they judge others character and how those people will then behave interms of being able to succeed in an endeavor or not. Their predictions are not mechanical, analytical. Ni is pretty automatic. ILIs don't so much predict the future in a general sense as they do automatically get an image in their minds of people's behaviors, their main reactions. They predict how relations will go with these people and how these people will behave in business endeavors.

    Keepin mind I don't know you, but what wrote feels very Ti+Ne to me, planning out the future based on facts. Keep in mind Ti valuers don't reject facts, this is another misnomer. Ti and Fe tends to emphasize things in a more clear, unambiguous fashion than does Te and Fi, because they want to "make the point clear". This might mean cutting out certain facts at times if those facts are irrelevant to the point they are trying to make. It does not mean that Ti valuers are not able to take into account factual information when making plans.

    Just my 2c
    Last edited by Uncle Ave; 10-31-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    Don't quote me boy cuz I ain't sayin' shit

  19. #19
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Uncle Ave may I know exactly why I seem LII? I was considering LII as my type actually but now I am thinking I am ILI because of my Fe and test results.

  20. #20
    black Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,669
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    @Uncle Ave may I know exactly why I seem LII? I was considering LII as my type actually but now I am thinking I am ILI because of my Fe and test results.
    Right because my post was mostly about ILI and not LII. Fair enough.

    What you said here seems very LII to me:

    With regards to seeing future trends, I do see it. I like planning, I like to have a control of the future and I can easily do it because I have an idea of what is most likely going to happen based on the facts I gather. But I don't see just one path, I mostly visualize the world as branches and with different outcomes depending on each path you take, and I don't want to choose because I can see opportunity in all of them.
    Already the parts about planning and wanting control over the future seems rational. The part about visualizing the world as branches with different outcomes, each with opportunity, seems Ti+Ne. It seems to me you analyze the world in a logical sense (analyze the information you have, the facts) then see possible outcomes, but the outcomes are not definitive, not something you want to "choose" which seems Ne ego. Ni egos value Se and thus like to choose. Ni egos may and do hesitate, but this is also painful to them, Ni valuers prefer decision. It seems to me (I could be wrong, correct me if I am) you enjoy contemplating the possibilties themselves and the mental state it brings? I feel like Ne egos' locus of control is here, in contemplating outcomes but not choosing one, this is like a game of sorts in their minds. This is my impression upon interacting closely with Ne egos at least.

    For basic stuff and work I can easily choose the "right" decision, I even tell correct predictions to other people (seeing trends can come naturally to me), but when it comes to my personal life and my aspirations I just like to get all of these ideas, learn all concepts and combine them all together to create something entirely different. Is that mostly Ni or Ne?
    Well predictions are more Ni I would say, but the second part sounds more Ne.

    You say seeing trends comes naturally to you. Could you give an example of this from your own life?

    Also tests are often not the best tool to determine type with precision. Which test result do you mean? What test did you take, and what about Fe exactly makes you think ILI?
    Don't quote me boy cuz I ain't sayin' shit

  21. #21
    black Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,669
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Rebelondeck can you enlighten me on this. I have a lot of interests but I naturally want to connect most of them for a singular purpose (for example learning multiple concepts that are required to establish my own business - business is the singular purpose here). But the singular purpose will only come through once I am able to dabble on random interests. So the process is like - try random stuff -> find purpose for them instead of the other way around. I am thinking IJs will establish the purpose first -> try random stuff that will connect to their purpose. Is that right?

    I am only 23 if that matters. For added nuance there are also random stuff I do that doesn't necessarily connect to that one purpose. Like I realized that I wanted to organize my stuff. I figured I can build my own organizer and it would be cheaper so I spent my a few weekends on it. The only goal here is to organize, but my main purpose in life is not just that. The next weeks I'll probably spend time on another random interest, maybe researching about religion or something. But I do think that I need to try a lot of things and this behavior will probably not change. It's like I need it because I need to experience the world first and to see their "sameness" and connection with each other. In the future I'll be able to relate these concepts and experiences, for example I'll just have a sudden insight on the relation between organization and religion. I guess my focus is to see things as metaphors of each other. What temperament is this?
    @one There is also this. The singular purpose thing sounds alpha NT to me, esp LII. I don't know if I'd connect it to any particular temperament. My brother is LII and you sound alot like him - he's a filmmaker, but has a single idea, which he never fully explained to me but has something to do with math and proving the existence of God through math - seems like he has a purpose, a point he is trying to prove, then explores possibilties (ie various forms of artistic expression) to support that purpose, but then he comes back to that purpose.

    Since I mention alpha NT, I think ILE would differ in wanting to remain open in exploring possibilties, using logic to convince others of the use of their (otherwise) random ideas. But then they move onto something else that is equally random.

    Since you are considering ILI, they differ by remaining open too, seeing the world as in motion. They enjoy having strong-willed, active people who know what they want as close relations. These people stimulate them, because being active in the world is what they need. They enjoy seeing the motion of the world. I already spoke of their capacity to "predict the future" above, so I won't repeat that. They also see recurring themes in people's behavior and words, and their other strength is coming up with methods of work to attain real-world goals -which is very useful for their duals who have alot of impuslive desires that need to be satisfied very quickly, if not on the fly. The methods themselves are circumstancial though, they may apply here but not there - this is often hard for Ti valuers to grasp I feel, so I feel the need to mention it.
    Don't quote me boy cuz I ain't sayin' shit

  22. #22
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    @Rebelondeck can you enlighten me on this. I have a lot of interests but I naturally want to connect most of them for a singular purpose (for example learning multiple concepts that are required to establish my own business - business is the singular purpose here). But the singular purpose will only come through once I am able to dabble on random interests. So the process is like - try random stuff -> find purpose for them instead of the other way around. I am thinking IJs will establish the purpose first -> try random stuff that will connect to their purpose. Is that right?

    I am only 23 if that matters. For added nuance there are also random stuff I do that doesn't necessarily connect to that one purpose. Like I realized that I wanted to organize my stuff. I figured I can build my own organizer and it would be cheaper so I spent my a few weekends on it. The only goal here is to organize, but my main purpose in life is not just that. The next weeks I'll probably spend time on another random interest, maybe researching about religion or something. But I do think that I need to try a lot of things and this behavior will probably not change. It's like I need it because I need to experience the world first and to see their "sameness" and connection with each other. In the future I'll be able to relate these concepts and experiences, for example I'll just have a sudden insight on the relation between organization and religion. I guess my focus is to see things as metaphors of each other. What temperament is this?
    It's hard to say because if you really are an Ip (or Ej), the view of yourself that you describe isn't likely objective. You seem to be operating somewhat like an Ep but people who are below the age of 25 often bring out their inner duals, especially when they're under some personal stress. However, Ips do distract themselves from boredom which causes many projects to be delayed or left undone; they seem to have trouble with seeing or creating the perfect (for them) ending so they sidetrack themselves to other things to perhaps clear their minds and sometimes never get back to what they were doing originally. ILIs seem to put specific projects on the shelf but not usually their field of interest for which they'll easily open a new project that also may not be fully completed. However, many will take every opportunity to hone their skills to the nth degree and they'll defend who they are and what they intend to do to their last breath. Some simply think that they've done enough on a particular project and deserve (a few will fight) to move on even though they realize that it's not truly complete.

    a.k.a. I/O

  23. #23
    ⛧Satan-Cat is Queen⛧ Nobody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm voting shitty ILI because I think it's funny.

    shitty ILI - Nobody (1)

    anyone else?
    The beatings will continue, whether morale improves or not.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    TIM
    INTp (Te)
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think one may be ILI. They may be another type (like LII?) but I welcome them with open arms anyway.

  25. #25
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Uncle Ave
    You say seeing trends comes naturally to you. Could you give an example of this from your own life?
    Most of the times in situations I've been into, it won't take me long to figure out if spending time on it would yield some kind of benefit. It's why I have been known to leave situations easily (career, interests), but specially when I was younger I have to listen to my family or someone else who would tell me that I should stay in them because there might be some better days ahead and that I'm just pessimistic. My mother is really into this kind of shit, even until now this idea is being pushed on me, but I get it, from an outsider's point of view I seem unstable and unsure of what I want.
    Two things that she actually praised me for was that I perfectly timed a career change with this pandemic and I got into a way better position now. I also instructed them how to prepare for this when this wasn't such a big news then. But they didn't listen but it's okay since we didn't die or something.
    It's not like a big thing for me, I just see what can most likely happen based on the facts I got. I guess most people do that. I'm not sure what real Ni egos are like but personally these things are just sudden, I don't dwell on the facts to get to the heart of the matter, most of the time my mind is preoccupied with random thoughts, visual flashes, sometimes plans too but not actual predictions or trends. And my decisions and conclusions depend on the current situation, so it changes.

    I took tests from socioniks.net, socionics.com and the Talanov one.

    Using this definition for Fe (from Wikisocion):
    Fe is generally associated with the ability to recognize and convey (i.e. make others experience) passions, moods, and emotional states, generate excitement, liveliness, and feelings, get emotionally involved in activities and emotionally involve others, recognize and describe emotional interaction between people and groups, and build a sense of community and emotional unity.
    I can see that there is a focus on group compared to one-on-one interaction, and I think I prefer the latter. I prefer talking to just one person, I get dizzy when I have to join a group and "please" them, I have never felt like I belonged to a group ever. There are numerous times when I have to leave group activities because I see them as "useless" (I get it, it's not useless for some people), I always have to stick to one or two people. I always like it when I connect with just one person and have our own private jokes and language. Too bad it rarely happens but it's because of me anyway, since I rarely try to talk to new people. I remember a friend of mine told me that she wanted us to meet our other colleagues and have fun, it was almost offensive to me that she would even propose that idea. If I would choose an extreme end, I would rather prefer a friend who is a bit territorial. Most of the times my mood cannot be changed by the group I'm in, I would rather offend or be scolded than show enthusiasm for something I don't care about. If I know that a situation is emotionally charged (either positively or negatively) I leave.

    I also don't give compliments and say random stuff just to liven the mood.

    Hm, not sure if I appreciate seeing things in motion. Based on the descriptions of SEEs I don't think I've been close to one either. Not sure if I would appreciate an active lifestyle too, maybe SEEs are too active for me.

  26. #26
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    From my experience, ILEs can be rather cluttered as well, due to them being easily distracted but they don't seem to like living in chaos and would prefer that someone else clean up after them and put their things in order. ILIs often don't like another touching their stuff as if they left it in a certain order (or disorder) and they want to find it that way when they get back to it. ILIs may become disinterested but they don't seem to get that distracted. ILIs also seem to remember where they put everything unlike ILEs.

    a.k.a. I/O
    Bolded parts suit me perfectly. If someone would clean up after me and put things in a systematic order, I may enjoy it, since I can recognize the place of my stuff in that system. However, otherwise, how can even one find a thing, who likes when somebody else arranges their own stuff arbitrarily? I would prefer to live in a mess where I can find my own stuff than living orderly but not being able to find a thing without an aid or spending time.

  27. #27
    a two horned unicorn renegade Comatose Lamiac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Bolded parts suit me perfectly. If someone would clean up after me and put things in a systematic order, I may enjoy it, since I can recognize the place of my stuff in that system. However, otherwise, how can even one find a thing, who likes when somebody else arranges their own stuff arbitrarily? I would prefer to live in a mess where I can find my own stuff than living orderly but not being able to find a thing without an aid or spending time.
    Just compare yourself against others. If you are naturally tuned to dynamic nature of things like detecting minute details in music I'd think Ip. External flow and stuff.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,308
    Mentioned
    1125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    > Is it normal for ILIs to have lots of interests that it becomes a problem?

    should not be common for ILI

    > Shitty ILI or a different type?

    to use Fe talking in own typing thread is not common also

    for a typing, it's useful to make a video
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  29. #29
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Sol why is that Fe? Because of the "shitty" part?

  30. #30
    Cybel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    ratspace
    TIM
    SLI 9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have always had a million interests since a kid with varying amounts of time investment and knowledge bases built up, some shallow and some permanently imbedded into my skull- vocaloid, music mixing, horror films, Japanese streetwear, time, VR, mechanical keyboards, longboarding, knife sharpening, poetry, coffee blends, desktop ricing, vintage cameras, final fantasy, book fandoms, musicals blah blah blah blah the list goes on

    the kind of hobby where i spend more than $200 is incredibly rare, they go in and out but i always return to them after a while—- i can spend months just gaming and doing nothing else and then pick up drawing like nothing ever happened (you get a bit rusty tho lel)

    when i get extremely serious about something i start extremely intense, focused research on its history, what the experts are doing, various philosophies and approaches concerning it, vlogs, articles, guides, patchwork of tutorials, get involved with the community, because i want to be THE best. like all the shits and giggles are done for, i’m fuckin Ash Ketchum kind of determination. burnout occurs often but as i grow its getting better?? i think, haha

    in my attempts to be “THE best” i thought to myself is should make one of those hourly schedules to maximize productivity or whatever. nope, nope, nope. loose sectioning of the day into parts for different categories of activity seems to be the limit. other than that, i just can’t do it. i have attempted a serious schedule multiple times with failure, it’s very frustrating because there are others more dedicated and will go comparably further as a result. probably what i beat myself up over the most, rewiring the dopamine receptors takes a while. being P is not an excuse bc i see other Ps faring way better than me in that aspect.

    you might be similar idk. typing rapidly on the phone so this might not be the pinnacle of articulation. @one
    click!! speeds growth
    ┍━━━━━♥♠♣♦━━━━━┑


    ┕━━━━━♥♠♣♦━━━━━┙

  31. #31
    black Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,669
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post
    Just compare yourself against others. If you are naturally tuned to dynamic nature of things like detecting minute details in music I'd think Ip. External flow and stuff.
    I am attuned to this, which is why I like music that is layered, industrial metal for ex. NIN, Ministry, Skinny Puppy etc.
    Don't quote me boy cuz I ain't sayin' shit

  32. #32
    black Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,669
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    @Uncle Ave

    Most of the times in situations I've been into, it won't take me long to figure out if spending time on it would yield some kind of benefit. It's why I have been known to leave situations easily (career, interests), but specially when I was younger I have to listen to my family or someone else who would tell me that I should stay in them because there might be some better days ahead and that I'm just pessimistic. My mother is really into this kind of shit, even until now this idea is being pushed on me, but I get it, from an outsider's point of view I seem unstable and unsure of what I want.
    Two things that she actually praised me for was that I perfectly timed a career change with this pandemic and I got into a way better position now. I also instructed them how to prepare for this when this wasn't such a big news then. But they didn't listen but it's okay since we didn't die or something.
    It's not like a big thing for me, I just see what can most likely happen based on the facts I got. I guess most people do that. I'm not sure what real Ni egos are like but personally these things are just sudden, I don't dwell on the facts to get to the heart of the matter, most of the time my mind is preoccupied with random thoughts, visual flashes, sometimes plans too but not actual predictions or trends. And my decisions and conclusions depend on the current situation, so it changes.

    I took tests from socioniks.net, socionics.com and the Talanov one.

    Using this definition for Fe (from Wikisocion):


    I can see that there is a focus on group compared to one-on-one interaction, and I think I prefer the latter. I prefer talking to just one person, I get dizzy when I have to join a group and "please" them, I have never felt like I belonged to a group ever. There are numerous times when I have to leave group activities because I see them as "useless" (I get it, it's not useless for some people), I always have to stick to one or two people. I always like it when I connect with just one person and have our own private jokes and language. Too bad it rarely happens but it's because of me anyway, since I rarely try to talk to new people. I remember a friend of mine told me that she wanted us to meet our other colleagues and have fun, it was almost offensive to me that she would even propose that idea. If I would choose an extreme end, I would rather prefer a friend who is a bit territorial. Most of the times my mood cannot be changed by the group I'm in, I would rather offend or be scolded than show enthusiasm for something I don't care about. If I know that a situation is emotionally charged (either positively or negatively) I leave.

    I also don't give compliments and say random stuff just to liven the mood.

    Hm, not sure if I appreciate seeing things in motion. Based on the descriptions of SEEs I don't think I've been close to one either. Not sure if I would appreciate an active lifestyle too, maybe SEEs are too active for me.
    This stuff does sound ILI.

    The part about SEEs being too active...well, generally ILIs I know want an active lifestyle, they enjoy someone to pull them out of the inactive contemplation they gravitate towards.
    Don't quote me boy cuz I ain't sayin' shit

  33. #33
    shotgunfingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    (ง •̀_•́)ง Fitesville
    TIM
    LSI-H
    Posts
    1,424
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought I was ILI once, but then I read gamma quadra description and G man typed me LSI.. instant relief.
    LSI-H - - Melancholy|Sanguine - 6w5-8-4 Sp - LFVE MBTI ISTP
    Oldham's Sensitive & Vigilant Type

    When all beauty is tarnished, when all thought is profaned
    They'll cry out for men to invoke the iron rods again
    Now this our secret flame will illuminate the night
    And its sparks fly on the wind and set the world alight


  34. #34
    a two horned unicorn renegade Comatose Lamiac 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    tickling your PoLR
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF 7 so/sx
    Posts
    5,754
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I thought I was ILI once, but then I read gamma quadra description and G man typed me LSI.. instant relief.
    Probably way better than plums. Gammas are clogged up in there. May God have mercy on their rectum.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

    Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yeah.. the Singularity.

    cool story bro.

  36. #36
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's wrong with Gammas?

  37. #37
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Cybel I also don't do well on hourly schedules, I just write out my goals and finish them within the day. Sometimes the work is too much and it just gets me bored just looking at what I wrote, I found out that breaking it down into specific tasks makes it manageable. I tried using apps like Togglr to time myself, it just made me annoyed.
    @Sol I read the link, I can send you a link to my vid answering the questionnaire if you can help me identify my type.

    Not sure if others here have the capability to type and give reasoning to the typing given a vid, if interested I can also send the vid.

  38. #38
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Bolded parts suit me perfectly. If someone would clean up after me and put things in a systematic order, I may enjoy it, since I can recognize the place of my stuff in that system. However, otherwise, how can even one find a thing, who likes when somebody else arranges their own stuff arbitrarily? I would prefer to live in a mess where I can find my own stuff than living orderly but not being able to find a thing without an aid or spending time.
    The subtle difference is motivation. LIIs don't like people touching their stuff because they value autonomy from others more than anything else. For ILIs, it's more a feeling that they're going to get back to it soon so don't touch it. The end result may seem the same to third parties. However, when LIIs leave something for too long, they seem to have to relearn things (unlike ILIs) so not being able to find things is a weak excuse for give me lots of my own space. ILEs value freedom more than autonomy and even though freedom is a form of autonomy, it's not nearly as rigid.

    a.k.a. I/O

  39. #39
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Posts
    528
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kool I'll look. If you enjoy crap like my friend Fry does, that's just having hobbies. The reason for doing that is what is determining. For example, he has a lot of money, so he's bought a lot of weapons for target shooting.

    For me, it's different. Everything is at least casually related to some kind of geopolitical puzzle of some kind, and even though I do a ton of different things, it's all to understand how people work, and organization of people. On the macro and micro. That is where I would like to put myself, but I have found myself unable to convince others to do things. Unfortunately, that is where I need to get better.

    I do join fun for the sake of fun, because I wish to be better at doing that kind of thing, or at least faking it. There's the likely difference between LIE and ILI. And yeah I do enjoy it mostly. The point is to get better though. You can see the results of my socialization here, and compare it to other older posts which I do not recognize as existing.
    Fixing myself one block at a time.

  40. #40
    one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    TIM
    I think I'm ILE
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alright, I'll send it in a bit. For hobbies some of them I just do for fun, some of them I want to figure out something or fix some problem I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •