Thread: Sadomasochistic qualities

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sadomasochistic qualities

Last edited by persimmonism; 07-22-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masochism is objectively good, because there's infinite pain but finite pleasure in the world.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I think Strat characterizes beta duality to have the most sado-masochistic qualities, not that they are actually sado-masochistic though
    I am wondering if beta NF can be seen as having sadistic qualities.. it would be in the emotional realm. i think people mostly see it the STs as having those qualities, but I think it goes in both ways.
    It would be helpful if you would quote Strat on this, so we can see how its phrased and why.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tears and hysterics are my dessert
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Strat characterizes beta duality to have the most sado-masochistic qualities, not that they are actually sado-masochistic though
    I am wondering if beta NF can be seen as having sadistic qualities.. it would be in the emotional realm. i think people mostly see it the STs as having those qualities, but I think it goes in both ways.
    I frankly don't get how it looks sado-masochistic, to me it's innocent fuckin around lol

What kind of emotional sadism have you had in mind though, this interests me.

Like, can you elaborate what (emotional) things you do/can do to "subtly hurt someone" as an IEI and esp why or how, when it's like "they're being too nice" / "too permissive" to you. I'd be interested in examples or like you described it about the Ni manipulations, that was a very good and informative post too.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could any other NFs add on to this? this is just my experience and i'd like some feedback
    also how could the beta STs be sadistic or sado-masochistic? i assume it's more physical, but honestly, in real life how does that pan out
    also i'd think that most betas may not immediately realize it in themselves because it's not a.. easily pin-pointable characteristic, just some subtle underlying attitude that seems like a given since it's all you've known

well it goes without saying, anyone pls correct me if u think i'm wrong on anything
    These basically sound like shit-tests.

theoretically and from what Ive seen realistically most SLEs seem type 8 and they won't stand for disrespect, would shut you down as soon as they pick up on it.

How I respond to this however seems to mislead people as there is a discrepancy between what I think, what I feel and how I respond to ppl. If I know you well and am comfortable with you I'll easily pick up on this even if it's subtle and bluntly put you in your place. IF you are new and I haven't figured you out yet I'll maintain a friendly and forgiving facade while trying to make sense of you, then make decisions based on the metal model I develop of you. I say its misleading, because I give off the wrong impression and ppl think they can get away with more than I'm actually going to allow them to.. and how I react will eventually completely blindside them. I need to work on not being so friendly from the onset tbh.. harmonizning smh.

Idk if there is any sadomasochistic tendencies in this, to be fair I'm not the most tolerant person even if I give off the impression of being one.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Masochism is objectively good, because there's infinite pain but finite pleasure in the world.
    Not true. You can get infinite pleasure if you know how.

Too much pain will cause you to go into shock anyway I think.... So it's not an infinite possibility.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like both, switching back and forth between sadism and masochism is really an intense experience. I love extreme sense experience; mixing pain and pleasure.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is traumatized beta shit.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be 100% honest rn. I was thinking about this, I don't know why, but I like it. When someone talks to me with a mean nickname but it's done lovingly it makes me melt. When someone grabs me and hits me I feel something strange like it's a warm hug. I like to feel pain during sex, it makes me feel something so intense but I can't really explain it.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I'm going to be 100% honest rn. I was thinking about this, I don't know why, but I like it. When someone talks to me with a mean nickname but it's done lovingly it makes me melt. When someone grabs me and hits me I feel something strange like it's a warm hug. I like to feel pain during sex, it makes me feel something so intense but I can't really explain it.

I honestly can't tell if this is trolling or not.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nataraja View Post
    I honestly can't tell if this is trolling or not.

It all me.