Thread: How much junk food do you eat?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How much junk food do you eat?

What's your level of intake of fast food, chocolate bars, soda pop, etc.?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I stopped getting delivery,fast food, etc. I tried to cut out sugar too but that didn't work so I just give myself one 4 pack of something carbonated a week and a bag of trail mix. I put some honey in my tea when I need a fix.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost never eat fast food and I don't care for soda pop. I eat a chocolate bar maybe once a month.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat pizza 2 or 3 times a monte
    Coke zero - does that count as junk food?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a few times a week

I don’t really think in terms of “type of food”, just macros, nutrients and additives lol

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to eat something sweet like once a day, or once in two days maybe. I've never regularly drank fizzy drinks or juices. For chips, maybe once every two weeks, and burgers etc, maybe once every three months. Now I'm on keto, so I've had a couple of bites of sugar-free chocolate in the past month, but I don't feel the need to eat any more. Fruit has a lot of sugar!

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like to eat something sweet, like a cookie, once a day, and one Coke Zero or Diet Coke. Pizza maybe once a month. If I don’t indulge in a treat, I usually end up binging. I never buy chips or anything like that...only at special gatherings will I eat those. Fast food varies... haven’t ate much lately since I’ve been try to loose a few lbs

I also usually have my pockets stuffed with peppermints
    Last edited by Aster; 10-17-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally eat
    canned soup, rice, soda, milk, chocolate or cookies or brownies, pizza, crackers and cheese, wine, homemade nachos, donuts, cheesecake, lots of water, homemade sandwiches, sometimes I make fried chicken, sometimes fried rice with fresh garlic and olive oil, sometimes beer socially, occasionally eat fish or burgers. I rarely eat vegetables, so I guess I should eat them more. Supposedly there's a lot in vegetables that help you live longer, similar to red wines.

So I guess I eat a lot of crap. But it's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Takeaway once a week, maybe a single snack every other day.
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cherry Coke counts as one of your 5-a-day so I wouldn't so easily dismiss soda as "junk food".

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I also like to eat something sweet, like a cookie, once a day, and one Coke Zero or Diet Coke. Pizza maybe once a month. If I don’t indulge in a treat, I usually end up binging. I never buy chips or anything like that...only at special gatherings will I eat those. Fast food varies... haven’t ate much lately since I’ve been try to loose a few lbs

I also usually have my pockets stuffed with peppermints
    I personally don't consider cookies as real "Junk food" unless you eat a lot of them...just a cookie with coffee or tea is like, nothing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Too much idk but maybe I'm being too hard on myself. A few months ago I got my blood and cholesterol levels checked cuz I was concerned with my diet and my Te polr was kind of trolling me of 'how healthy was I really'. My doctor told me everything with my blood work was fine and I was healthier than most people he saw and I was being paranoid. He told me to keep trying to lose weight though. Many of my physical symptoms are anxiety and I am trying to calm down now.

I try to work out every day 'because I know it's good for me' but to be perfectly honest it's loathsome and I hate it. To be honest, I can feel my 1D Se way too much when I do it and I am just kind of insecurely beating myself up. I don't like it. Part of me wishes I was just a confident simple-minded Chad that liked sports and lifting weights but I don't. I'd rather sit on my ass like a chubby SEI and play WoW.

It's hard for me to feel the natural high and positive energy of pushing myself/exercise because of the 1D Se issues, I *can* get there but it's annoying.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

none.. I eat what I cook tbh. Idk why, but I have lost the craving for sugar, so I rarely eat mainly home made cake.
    Last edited by SGF; 10-20-2020 at 09:06 AM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t eat fast food but I do have fast casual here and there. I used to never order delivery until my birthday this summer when quarantine was in full swing and I had nowhere to go. If I ran out of food and don’t want to lug a bunch of stuff from the grocery stores then I order delivery. When I’m on a road trip, I can’t resist getting a crispy chicken sammich or corndogs, it’s a tradition dating back to childhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very low. Hardly ever. You are what you eat

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

it used to be a lot but now not so much just dark chocolate chips salsa
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once or twice a week.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I eat tons of creamy foods on a daily basis and do things like eat entire pizzas and tons of ice cream alone in my underwear all the time, and I constantly get complimented on my figure by people. I just listen to my body. I stop when I feel full or like my blood sugar is rising too much. I follow my cravings. I do crave nutritious food too, so I just eat it when I do. When I was a kid and had less control over my life and eating habits I stressed more and gained weight more easily, because I restricted myself and felt stress. I just ate creamy pasta, a piece of cake, and cheesy bread right before I typed this, and am drinking a creamy iced coffee.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the comment you are looking for

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once ate cheeseburgers and microwave dinners and ice cream and drank soda and chocolate milk everyday for like 6 months so i got kinda pasty and skinny fat so i starved myself for like 3 weeks and got into normal shape now i eat more normally and exercise more

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately most of my diet seems to be junk food, i give in too easily and don't generally cook or know how to cook most things... i've went through phases of trying to cook but haven't been able to keep it up for any significant period of time. cooking takes so much time (as does acquiring the ingredients) and i don't seem to have an interest in it. also things go bad so fast so it's like you have to maintain a schedule about use of stuff. my fridge is usually full of the undead. anyway, this area really needs to be addressed and i know it does... probably a routine could be used to solve it somewhat, though i have difficulty establishing routines as well and i don't like them, and it's hard to keep to them. anyway it's all quite pathetic.

i avoid sugary foods most of the time. i don't have much of a "sweet tooth" and sugar would lead me to diabetes. if i had diabetes i can't see how i would be able to keep up with injecting insulin or something (it's the same problem i have otherwise).

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    What's your level of intake of fast food, chocolate bars, soda pop, etc.?

I drink vanilla coke zero sometimes, otherwise none.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have a habit of snacking on foods without any preparation (i.e. making meals), for example, cheese, milk, peanut butter, dark chocolate. That sort of thing could easily count as junk food although in themselves they may not be especially harmful.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of my fave junkfood snacks is hot cheetos + philly cream cheese
    and then with tea time i usually have something sweet like chocolate or a pastry

also i love parmesan parsley fries. extra crispy. with a side of spicy mayo. omg

i consume junkfood maybe like 1x a day while watching movies or shows but i usually eat lunch or dinner first so that i don't eat too much of it. with meals, that's what i overindulge with most (extra rice, bigger portions, etc)
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

I just began a month without fast food and sweets. I'm not sure I will manage the whole month, but I'm determined to embrace a healthier lifestyle. To satisfy those occasional cravings for something crunchy, I've discovered a delicious alternative – homemade banana chips air fryer. These crispy delights provide the perfect balance between a wholesome snack and a satisfying crunch, offering a guilt-free option during my month-long journey. Excited to see how this healthier choice transforms my snacking habits, I'm swapping out the sugar-laden treats for the wholesome goodness of banana chips cooked to perfection in the air fryer. Here's to a month of tasty and mindful choices!
    Last edited by mitchellwashington; 12-20-2023 at 02:40 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sweets. The main problem this arises and quickly the fat in the body.

Other is relatively useful meal. Not expensive and taking minimum time to get/prepare.
    I tend to eat almost the same, without a variety for long: eggs, cucumber, sunflower oil, garlic, bread, kefir, curds, orange/limon. Additions are optional and can be not often.

On sundays I may buy or cook something resourceful. Do not think about usefulness. In a time of a low callorie diet sundays may stay without limitations.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rare.

junk foods tend to taste very strange to me, i like few of them. can barely eat candy at all, and no chocolate.
    but i have exceptions, i will eat ice-cream. and right now i have a peppermint.

i also dont like oily foods. the oil creates very strange film over the true taste.