Thread: Game Strategizing

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Game Strategizing

Last edited by persimmonism; 02-02-2021 at 09:12 PM.

The CEO of Bigotry
    TIM
    (Ne)-ILE 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Click the pause button and read the descriptions, search for the wiki, look up Let's plays and tutorials and imagine what I would do, then get tired, look at the clock and realize it is late and go to sleep.
    When I actually play, I dislike early offense and skirmishes, I like to turtle up and build "the perfect city", mostly focusing on tech and eco, then strike when an opportunity opens, finite resources run out or I have already become OP. Focusing on many fronts and constant stress are not for me.
    I have played Stellaris, Civ5, HoMM5, AoE2, AoM, Factorio, Creeper World 3, and many others I won't bother to list. I rarely play multiplayer and use the games to not fall asleep while listening to podcasts.
    The only strategy game where I do not turtle up as much is EU4, but even then I do not play as aggressive as recommended/ as would be optimal, because fuck stress and turning games into work.
    - Probably ILE-Ne

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not play such a game because it would feel like more work after work. I've tried to get involved into the genre, but it always seemed to be tiresome, and mundane. Despite the extraordinary setting (being a space emperor, a powerful lord, a magician and whatnot), it looks like you are doing chores. I really need relaxation after work.

But I've always wondered what were the characteristics of the playerbase. I would bet on idle young folks, or under-stimulated workers. Maybe a few people with enormous mental energy.

I'm aware I'm being off-topic. Do not try to do this at home.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of wondering if people just trust you @chocolatte because you don't come off as a threat.

I'm guessing you will backstab everyone after they have weakened each other? I used to love Age of Empires. I'd ally with people and then use my armies to help defend their towns and then randomly after getting behind all their defenses, declare war and destroy, lol. So many friends never wanted to play again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so this is kind of how I see it,

Ti probably more of an architect, building the perfect empire, the best infrastructure, a well-functioning whole. Since their structure is dependent on interconnected parts, if someone betrays them or the rules change too easily, it would be a huge weakness. I think they do best in games where they can depend on allies or have a certain consistency in the gameplay.

Te I think is best at using what they have. Less time spent on some architected perfection and more energy spent on using what they have most effectively to achieve a certain goal. Weakness is that they can get caught up in smaller goals, losing focus on the war. If they know when to lose battles, could probably become a really good player.

Ni takes advantage of patterns. Maybe developing counters to what they see as most prominent. This probably works well as new players, but Ni weakness is that they are technically always a step behind. A good player will change their strategy as Ni player starts to pick up on it and won't get cheesed so easily.

Ne tries things that weren't done before and finds out later if it was a good idea or not. Less disciplined in terms of thinking through their choices and actions or in managing their resources effectively. They probably get a lot better over time, but generally suck more as new players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

I like developmental games. Also, I'm a little tired of the graphics on phones, computers. I sit at the office computer and almost never leave it at work. I have to look at the screen all the time. I even miss working with paper. Paper is easier to read, you can touch it. Even paper books or paper games attract me more than computer games. Of course, when I'm doing crossword puzzles, I sometimes have to look for clues on Google where I find sites like https://crossword-solver.io/clue/spanish-kiss/. However, I still look more at the crossword paper than the screen.
    Last edited by jeremiahquellette; 01-11-2022 at 04:16 PM.