Thread: Ways in which you don’t conform to type stereotypes

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ways in which you don’t conform to type stereotypes

I’m supposedly ESI but my Ne-EII gf is much more grounded and physically graceful than I am.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't excel at people skills or logic. No rational functions at all.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mildly dislike the daily grind of makeup and cooking, so I avoid them as often as possible. Occasionally I like to dress nicely and make a cute bento box but most of the times it's spending 5 minutes in the morning selecting boring sad-looking clothes with the bonus of being easy to match to squeeze the most sleeptime out of the day. I have a slouching problem and eyebags, probably a lifestyle + genetics issue. Appearance-wise, fits the ILI description a lot more than Si ego.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    I mildly dislike the daily grind of makeup and cooking, so I avoid them as often as possible. Occasionally I like to dress nicely and make a cute bento box but most of the times it's spending 5 minutes in the morning selecting boring sad-looking clothes with the bonus of being easy to match to squeeze the most sleeptime out of the day. I have a slouching problem and eyebags, probably a lifestyle + genetics issue. Appearance-wise, fits the ILI description a lot more than Si ego.
    your avatar fits ILI more too lol

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't chase popularity all that hard (but that works with my subtype supposedly)
    I try to be consistent (again fits subtype)
    Also instead of chasing popularity, I try to be socially conscientious and proper/appropriate, well until I am not... (again fits subtype)

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    I don't excel at people skills or logic. No rational functions at all.
    Damn I feel this.

I heard the phrase "Omni PoLR" at one point. Think it fits me well.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't 'softly touch my interlocutor's hand' when I'm speaking to somebody. How gross lol.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m good at planning things long-term. I’m probably more reflective and imaginative and in my head and into “deep shit” than the average person. I’m sensitive and feel deeply lol. I’m about as aggressive as a wet fart in most circumstances.

Congrats on finding a gf @Averroes .

TIM
    INTj-Ne 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, for one, I'm not as obviously logical or rational as a LII should be, I think. Most of the time, I enjoy daydreaming about possibilities and romance. I'm not all that attracted to scientific fields. I prefer the unknown to what's already established, which is why I enjoy speculative media, even if I know most of it can be nonsensical. Fantasy stories are also my jam. People still complain that I analyze things to death and pick apart every word a person ever said, though.

I've been known to focus on being efficient, which is more Te-focused, though usually only when other people are involved. I think it's my inferior Fe playing up, trying not to disappoint others when I'm given a task.

Lastly, I am actually pretty good at sports and a lot stronger than I seem, at least from what others tell me. In high school, the other kids wanted me on their soccer team because they saw me as their best defender, though I hated participating. I have zero spatial awareness, so it was more blind luck that I could intercept the other players. I can also be incredibly persistent. Not forceful, per se, but I have been known to hound someone if they did something wrong and I expect an apology. I once blocked an LSI in a doorway for a whole hour because he refused to return something he promised to give back.
    I want to believe, therefore I question everything. I pursue the truth, therefore I eliminate all lies. I crave the ideal, therefore I defy the world.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm quite physically coordinated considering how few sports I've practiced in the past. For example, thrown balls always go where they were supposed to go, and one of my "secret skills" is doing headstands, which I learned how to do in maybe 5 minutes. I could pick up sports like gymnastics, dance, or tai chi, with not too much of a struggle (I'm about to try Tai Chi btw!)
    However, I'm not spatially coordinated at all, so my overall physical adeptness pretty much averages out.
    My reflexes are very good, too.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I'm quite physically coordinated considering how few sports I've practiced in the past. For example, thrown balls always go where they were supposed to go, and one of my "secret skills" is doing headstands, which I learned how to do in maybe 5 minutes. I could pick up sports like gymnastics, dance, or tai chi, with not too much of a struggle (I'm about to try Tai Chi btw!)
    However, I'm not spatially coordinated at all, so my overall physical adeptness pretty much averages out.
    My reflexes are very good, too.

I've seen IxI-Ni (IEI or ILI not sure, I think IEI tho', a guy) with those good reflexes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Lande View Post
    Well, for one, I'm not as obviously logical or rational as a LII should be, I think. Most of the time, I enjoy daydreaming about possibilities and romance. I'm not all that attracted to scientific fields. I prefer the unknown to what's already established, which is why I enjoy speculative media, even if I know most of it can be nonsensical. Fantasy stories are also my jam. People still complain that I analyze things to death and pick apart every word a person ever said, though.

I've been known to focus on being efficient, which is more Te-focused, though usually only when other people are involved. I think it's my inferior Fe playing up, trying not to disappoint others when I'm given a task.

Lastly, I am actually pretty good at sports and a lot stronger than I seem, at least from what others tell me. In high school, the other kids wanted me on their soccer team because they saw me as their best defender, though I hated participating. I have zero spatial awareness, so it was more blind luck that I could intercept the other players. I can also be incredibly persistent. Not forceful, per se, but I have been known to hound someone if they did something wrong and I expect an apology. I once blocked an LSI in a doorway for a whole hour because he refused to return something he promised to give back.
    LIIs are able to be authoritative just fine according to descriptions

How did the LSI react lol, was it not annoying to him that you were trying to block him for a full hour

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    I don't chase popularity all that hard (but that works with my subtype supposedly)
    Also instead of chasing popularity, I try to be socially conscientious and proper/appropriate, well until I am not... (again fits subtype)
    Also if you want to approach it from LSI instead of SLE then I'm obv too forceful and impulsive for one but that again works with subtypes :shrug
    And I'm more goals focused than organisation focused, and change plans too easily and too fast, and I don't even really plan a lot lol, let alone in detail (again works with subtype maybe, not sure)
    Also have too much adaptability for an LSI (works with subtype again ofc)
    I don't have enough justified axioms or run my life as a clockwork schedule (again works for subtype maybe, not sure)
    I'm too emotionally expressive for LSI (again works with subtype)
    I'm too ready to tear systems apart and I try to generate a big picture on the fly even if I'm not that good at it and even if that's kinda too vague for my liking at first (I'm not aware of this working with subtype at all)
    And so of course I dislike the way stereotypical LSIs pull up a wall for info exchange/arguments (I think this works with subtype)

All the overdone Ti by LxI-Ti really just gets me pissed off and feels alien to me to have that like that

Overdone Ti = extremely conscientious, moralistic (to the point of hypocrisy even...), critical, plans forever before starting action, very stilted language, and something else I haven't been able to put my finger on yet.

I do all that too - except I'm rarely moralistic and I don't plan forever - but not that crazy about it

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you're just pretty a pretty stereotypical SLE-Ti then, huh? =)

TIM
    INTj-Ne 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs are able to be authoritative just fine according to descriptions

How did the LSI react lol, was it not annoying to him that you were trying to block him for a full hour
    Ah, suppose I was going off the Se polr descriptions, particularly this one, "LIIs typically respond poorly to and have difficulty applying volitional pressure." Good to know it doesn't apply in that case.

The LSI threw quite a tantrum, actually. His sport equipment was in the house, this being his grandfather's place which I was watching over while everyone else was out, and he had two hours to make it to practice. I knew this and ambushed him right as he was about to go inside. He tried to push his way through at first, but like I said, I'm a lot stronger than I look. When brute force didn't work, he fell on all kinds of excuses and insults. Went from, "Come on, I forgot! I promise to bring it back next time!" to, "F*** you!"

I told him, "You still have plenty of time to go fetch it." He lives nearby, though his house is a mess, which is why I didn't go find it myself. I repeatedly told him, "Bring it back and I'll let you through." He's a grown man and I felt like I was dealing with a child. This was at the half hour mark. For the next half, he glared at me as if waiting for me to back down. Even the neighbors were telling him to give in. Once he realized it wasn't going to work, and that he was running out of time, he went back to his house and brought back what he promised and I let him through.

Note, he's done this countless times with his parents and grandparents. Taking their stuff and never bringing it back. I decided it was about time he paid for his actions.
    I want to believe, therefore I question everything. I pursue the truth, therefore I eliminate all lies. I crave the ideal, therefore I defy the world.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Well, you're just pretty a pretty stereotypical SLE-Ti then, huh? =)
    I'd like to think I'm more unique than that lol

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Lande View Post
    Ah, suppose I was going off the Se polr descriptions, particularly this one, "LIIs typically respond poorly to and have difficulty applying volitional pressure." Good to know it doesn't apply in that case.

The LSI threw quite a tantrum, actually. His sport equipment was in the house, this being his grandfather's place which I was watching over while everyone else was out, and he had two hours to make it to practice. I knew this and ambushed him right as he was about to go inside. He tried to push his way through at first, but like I said, I'm a lot stronger than I look. When brute force didn't work, he fell on all kinds of excuses and insults. Went from, "Come on, I forgot! I promise to bring it back next time!" to, "F*** you!"

I told him, "You still have plenty of time to go fetch it." He lives nearby, though his house is a mess, which is why I didn't go find it myself. I repeatedly told him, "Bring it back and I'll let you through." He's a grown man and I felt like I was dealing with a child. This was at the half hour mark. For the next half, he glared at me as if waiting for me to back down. Even the neighbors were telling him to give in. Once he realized it wasn't going to work, and that he was running out of time, he went back to his house and brought back what he promised and I let him through.

Note, he's done this countless times with his parents and grandparents. Taking their stuff and never bringing it back. I decided it was about time he paid for his actions.
    lol tbh that's some great example of overdone & moralistic Se PoLR pressuring lol

you wouldn't have been able to pull that off with me btw : p (even tho I'm a girl and yeah I can believe that you are physically stronger than me)

As for the general authoritativeness as far as LII descriptions, it's not really like this by default, they only resort to the physical force when they feel it's their last chance like you did it

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not really obsessed about money, more about specific tasks
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I conform perfectly to the LSE stereotype. They practically based it off of me. I'm tough and practical. I'm masculine and resourceful, a real man's man. I need a gentle, understanding woman to see through my gruff exterior and open me up to the beauty of humanity.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't judge people based on my strict guardian morals absorbed and settled in my infancy. Oh wait... nvm.

OK, I don't have 675575 patents pending.. too lazy for it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post
    OK, I don't have 675575 patents pending.. too lazy for it.
    Just the three?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie View Post
    Just the three?
    I looked in to Gulenkos subtype descriptions. It seems like customizer label works well for me. That is the Harmonizing subtype. I usually put things in backburner and come in to present new solutions freshly in the morning. I'm fairly aware of the style of ideas ILE's have patented their ideas and it seems like I come up similar schemes to undiscovered problems yet I usually leave them waiting (another point in that subtype description). So yea. I kind of synthesize solutions from tools and inconvenience. Those solutions are kind of novel but low in energy and non expansive.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not good with working with my hands at all and don't have much bodily coordination or awareness of surroundings and have absolute shit business sense. Seems to be common for SLI's to be described as good at the above.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Trump, who could be your dual, also doesn't excel at either and look, he is the president.
    Eradicate gammas.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually really into hurting or conflicting with whoever I dislike, and I don't tend to avoid conflicts ever (though I would do it when younger and drunk or not attemptive enough to act at the moment, used to be in some kind of shit medication that made me seem "dead". And well, at times I know to pick my battles or i'm either just too lazy to do anything.)

I want the people I hate to know I hate them and that i'm better than them.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    I'm actually really into hurting or conflicting with whoever I dislike, and I don't tend to avoid conflicts ever (though I would do it when younger and drunk or not attemptive enough to act at the moment, used to be in some kind of shit medication that made me seem "dead". And well, at times I know to pick my battles or i'm either just too lazy to do anything.)

I want the people I hate to know I hate them and that i'm better than them.
    strong feelers do that, they intentionally trespass ethical boundaries when they want to and they are aware of doing so, doing it for some (ethical/emotional) reason. the have confidence in trespassing that way

strongly logical types usually do it accidentally only & no confidence doing so

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    I'm not good with working with my hands at all and don't have much bodily coordination or awareness of surroundings and have absolute shit business sense. Seems to be common for SLI's to be described as good at the above.
    then whats left of SLI that you related to enough to type as SLI?

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strong feelers do that, they intentionally trespass ethical boundaries when they want to and they are aware of doing so, doing it for some (ethical/emotional) reason. the have confidence in trespassing that way

strongly logical types usually do it accidentally only & no confidence doing so
    Yeah. All my reasons are emotional.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm preachy about my values and morals so I'm a typical INfJ
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then whats left of SLI that you related to enough to type as SLI?
    SiTe is a lot more than being good with your hands and finances my man.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SiTe is a lot more than being good with your hands and finances my man.
    Like what is it for you in the way you relate to it? Like you listed bodily coordination and awareness of sensory stuff as also not being like you, so what else is left.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm NT, probably LII, but I like to put on a pretty pink dress and call myself a Disney Princess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I seem to be an order of magnitude more hands-on and physical than the other LIIs that I've encountered.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not as socially outgoing as other SEEs, and more inhibited in terms of my physical strength, maybe due to gender. Still very much grounded and in the present, though.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the sociotype.com description, I wouldn't characterize myself as particularly rational, and I don't think my lifestyle is particularly structured.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Daniel Radcliffe is SLI, and he has dyspraxia. It's a condition that affects coordination. His disability is mild, though.
    Last edited by Aramas; 10-17-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Looking at the sociotype.com description, I wouldn't characterize myself as particularly rational, and I don't think my lifestyle is particularly structured.
    You do come off as "rational" in your communication style though. At least to me. You seem like one of the more "rationaly" members of the forum. It's hard to explain. It's just how you come off to me. You just feel like a logical person and you don't seem like you're all that emotional even though I'm sure you're motivated by emotion at least sometimes.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not an oversensitive hippie that cries myself to sleep when thinking about all the atrocities happening in the world. I'm too self-centered to care

More seriously: I'm not that tactful, outgoing or emotionally demonstrative and most new people scare and drain me. I don't play ethical 'games', like in the article by Strat. I can be harsh when someone gets on my nerves too much. Very very daydreamy and scattered.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    I don't think Strati has good descs other than LxE/EXI maybe. There is also a lot of socio-ESI-fanfiction as well.
    Yea her description sounds like an IEE-Fi with ennagram 3, so I think she only actually based herself on 1 or 2 IEEs she knew. But hey, it's a thread about stereotypes anyway

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strati’s SEI is good in my book but the descriptions do seem written for people that want to read about themselves. They may not be useful for someone outside of type. For example way she writes how IEI like to talk about how they use their contacts to get what they want makes it sound as if they’re manipulating people to get the position of manager when in reality it’s more like your IEI grandma telling you how she jumped the line at the bank because she knows the clerk.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not an oversensitive hippie that cries myself to sleep when thinking about all the atrocities happening in the world. I'm too self-centered to care

I feel that way about a lot of IEEs tbh. They can play the role of 'caring person' pretty well but it's just a role. It's fake and 'business-y.' Their real self is just too self-centered to care I agree. Knowing the right thing to say politically or for SJW brownie points is a lot different than actually 'giving a damn' of course.

Oh don't get me wrong either it also doesn't bother me unless I was somehow really personally invested in what the IEE was doing maybe (which is highly unlikely as I'm not that close with them) In fact out of all the deltas IEEs are probably my favorite even though I know they are fake two-faced whores lol. ((I probably like IEE/SLI/LSE/EII in that order))

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast