Thread: Ways in which you don’t conform to type stereotypes

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Strati seems to get great satisfaction when she sends the whole nest of africanized bees after a reader given that they are type representative.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I feel that way about a lot of IEEs tbh. They can play the role of 'caring person' pretty well but it's just a role. It's fake and 'business-y.' Their real self is just too self-centered to care I agree. Knowing the right thing to say politically or for SJW brownie points is a lot different than actually 'giving a damn' of course.
    Wow wow wow! Step down from your high horse of judgement, I don't think I'm representative of all IEEs & knowing the right thing to say doesn't necessary mean you don't care. I think all NFs have a consciousness of human suffering in a way or another(personally I just decided I had enough going on in my own life) and I know a lot of IEEs that are engaged politically or otherwise. It's just that the authenticity you're accusing them of lacking is expressed with 'businessy' Te instead of Fe: for example becoming a sustainable entrepreneur instead of staging protests or writing a theater piece about climate change or some other beta NF stuff(I caricature a bit).

It's nice to "care" like I see some IEIs do, but from a Fi/Te point of view, you giving a damn needs to be expressed in how you actually manage/organize the world. Otherwise it's just words and emotional hysteria which don't change anything. At least that what Te would say about Fe.

But yea I also know IEEs that are Fe-fake. But it's the same with IEIs & Fi, some pretend to be super sensitive and cute and oriented towards warm and respectful relationships when in fact they are 100% that calculating sneaky bitch underneath.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol I wasn't judging you for being that way though. I appreciated your honesty. =)

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BandD yea I know no worries you made a faulty generalization tho & I tried to provide you with some nuance

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like hugging people and making them feel safe.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not anal enneagram type 1 organized neat freak LSI.
    More like easy going 6w5.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post

mega wholesome
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLI bestie is like this too

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't avoid conflict like it's said Delta NF's do. I prefer putting idiots in their place. I once beat the crap out of the high school bully cunt who'd shit on everyone when he came up to me, I even stabbed him with some blade that wasn't sharp. After that I started humilliating him every day in front of everyone.

I also shoved my fingers into some SEE dude's eyes when I was a kid, out of rage, coz he told me something that I disliked so I attacked him.

Hmmm, also threatened my sister's introverted ST ex about killing him face to face. Then I slashed his bike's wheels with a knife when highly drunk and on coke.

I like letting most sensors know i'm superior to them, because I hate them.

Out of that, I don't like fighting or anything, it just happens when I lose my shit, I have had explosive anger issues.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ILE friend told me this some years ago:

"I think you are introspective and abstract. You are philosophical. You are "head in the clouds". This seems like N, not S. You seem intellectual. You are a thinking person, not a person of the senses."

I feel so misunderstood
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what slam poetry is

I have a unified view of life and the universe

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Not as disagreeable (most of the time)
    -Not as curious
    -Not as delusional
    -Not a big reader
    -Not interested in theories

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    An ILE friend told me this some years ago:

"I think you are introspective and abstract. You are philosophical. You are "head in the clouds". This seems like N, not S. You seem intellectual. You are a thinking person, not a person of the senses."

I feel so misunderstood
    SEIs can give that impression. I knew an SEI priest who was typically so quiet and withdrawn that children were intimidated by him. He gave the impression he was living in another world, constantly thinking cold thoughts, and perhaps didn't need to eat food to live, like a vampire. He didn't usually take the initiative to speak to anyone, especially in a crowd, and would often sit alone. It was only if you saw him actually communicate with people that his Fe was evident, and the impression of austerity would melt away entirely. He was in fact a kind and gentle person, to elderly people and animals especially.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I am that Fe polr. I am also not a know-it-all.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    SEIs can give that impression. I knew an SEI priest who was typically so quiet and withdrawn that children were intimidated by him. He gave the impression he was living in another world, constantly thinking cold thoughts, and perhaps didn't need to eat food to live, like a vampire. He didn't usually take the initiative to speak to anyone, especially in a crowd, and would often sit alone. It was only if you saw him actually communicate with people that his Fe was evident, and the impression of austerity would melt away entirely. He was in fact a kind and gentle person, to elderly people and animals especially.
    yeah that's the wisdom of Socionics/Jung that just because a person is introverted and has an inner world doesn't meant that it is "thoughts" or "ideas" etc. It can as well be sensing, like in SEIs.

Maybe I should have become a priest also, like the man you mentioned. Would have been nice to work for greater spirituality, and take care of the liturgy in church, there's at least some Si in that environment. Might be some nasty Te though. When is the choir gonna sing and how to give a sign to the organist to start playing? The priests I've typed have been EIE, EII and ESI. Not many. The EII stumbled on some Te stuff when my friend's son got baptized.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A SEI priest, with a secure monthly pay from the archdiocese, would have free his mind from earthly matters enough to withdraw to meditate on theological issues and books. That would be the fun part. Much more harder for a priest of that type is to deal with a varied congratation and not be overcome by pessimism at times or lack of patience for the crazies that hang out at your church.

On topic now: I don’t give people food. An attentive IEI or an EII with a knack for cooking would be more likely to give out food. Where do people get the idea that an SEI, generally reticent to work more than it’s necessary, would make time to bake for anyone or rushing to work with weak Ni, stop to buy candy for people s/he works with? Please.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't "... as if in a kaleidoscope see[s] whimsical iridescent imagery, dissolving then receding in flux."

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    I don't "... as if in a kaleidoscope see[s] whimsical iridescent imagery, dissolving then receding in flux."

Exactly the same here.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    Like what is it for you in the way you relate to it? Like you listed bodily coordination and awareness of sensory stuff as also not being like you, so what else is left.
    Oh I'm aware of sensory stuff, too aware to the point of frequent annoyance. Good to keep in mind that Si is an internal thing, my being shit at all this external stuff is likely poor use of Se and while business sense and such is commonly associated with Te, that isn't what Te is about. I won't go into details as to why I'm an SLI as I don't feel like it.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I'm not an oversensitive hippie that cries myself to sleep when thinking about all the atrocities happening in the world. I'm too self-centered to care

More seriously: I'm not that tactful, outgoing or emotionally demonstrative and most new people scare and drain me. I don't play ethical 'games', like in the article by Strat. I can be harsh when someone gets on my nerves too much. Very very daydreamy and scattered.
    Can relate. Tho new people don't scare me, I tend to scare them.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not too concerned with money and profit for its own sake.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't actually like drama or people who cause drama. That shit is cancer.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I don't actually like drama or people who cause drama. That shit is cancer.
    yeah in interpersonal context that is Fi domain.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post
    yeah in interpersonal context that is Fi domain.
    thought it was Fe lol

In the real world outside socionics though it's neither Fi nor Fe... it's emotional & psychological baggage of people coming to the surface

And that's a way better explanation than calling it Fi or Fe.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a sense of timing and reserve, which I am also really meta-analytical about.

I honestly don’t think this should technically go too much against stereotypes though because you need to have a sense of timing to create a focused impact.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ESI and I have terrible coordination and usually bad awareness of my surroundings, even though I frequently worry about them and sometimes appreciate, enjoy, feel well with my body how they look... so occasionally I'll be hyper-aware, but I'm usually hypo-aware. I tend to live in my head, attending to thoughts, fantasies, emotions, memories a lot even when it's dangerous to not pay attention to my surroundings.

I often value, am impressed by inventiveness and logic (not necessarily pragmatism) more than morality.

I don't know where the poor coordination and usually low environmental awareness came from, both of my parents have much more awareness of their surroundings and don't have much problem with coordination. I am on the Autism Spectrum.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

I feel that way about a lot of IEEs tbh. They can play the role of 'caring person' pretty well but it's just a role. It's fake and 'business-y.' Their real self is just too self-centered to care I agree. Knowing the right thing to say politically or for SJW brownie points is a lot different than actually 'giving a damn' of course.

Oh don't get me wrong either it also doesn't bother me unless I was somehow really personally invested in what the IEE was doing maybe (which is highly unlikely as I'm not that close with them) In fact out of all the deltas IEEs are probably my favorite even though I know they are fake two-faced whores lol. ((I probably like IEE/SLI/LSE/EII in that order))

I knew an IEE who was fiercely SJW but bullied me for being an addict among other things lol
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am self aware and analytical.

I am soft and easily pressured.

I am not the loudest energy in the room or the star of the show.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    I knew an IEE who was fiercely SJW but bullied me for being an addict among other things lol
    If it's ok to ask... what did he (or she, but most IEE are male, so probably he) do to bully you? Deltas can be pretty disturbing to me at times (and as you know, IEE can quite rigidly adhere to gender norms and be unhappy even bitter when people don't adhere to those), but I had wanted more info on what IEE bullying behavior was like, so that's why I decided to ask you. Sorry if it wasn't ok to ask.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Stereotypes is what supposed to be common - among the most.
    LSE have no significant interest to psychology and do not write to psycho forums, in common. It's NF region and TS should be the least there.
    LSE are not common in esoterics practicing as it's Ni - their weak nonvalued region. I do not think myself as big fan of that, but used a little since teenager times. I have experiences to think objective side of what relates to esoterics, though esoterics is not what I think as controlled good enough. On time it may work as should and then don't, what makes it as doubtful to be used seriously. It can be used as additional method and when close to common psychology of an imagination.

TIM
    LIE 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mildly dislike the daily grind of makeup and cooking, so I avoid them as often as possible. Occasionally I like to dress nicely and make a cute bento box but most of the times it's spending 5 minutes in the morning selecting boring sad-looking clothes with the bonus of being easy to match to squeeze the most sleeptime out of the day. I have a slouching problem and eyebags, probably a lifestyle + genetics issue. Appearance-wise, fits the ILI description a lot more than Si ego.
    I had an SLI GF and this was pretty dead on for her

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprisingly, not many. Decisive check, bad at cleaning, check, hard working, check, hates doing little tasks, and would rather pay things off check. I do want to learn to do a flip, but I'm afraid I'll hurt myself. That's the only thing that doesn't mesh. And I can explain it simply. My spider sense tells me it's dangerous to do that. I joke, but if the most imbalanced person tried to do a flip, what would happen? How did I reach that conclusion?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t really like competition unless it pertains to businesses or sports. I think everyone should get a golden star for being special and unique.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I would love to be able to do a flip onto a moving snow mobile from a helicopter, nobody does that. That's how you die. Considering on the scales of easy things to assume, that's probably incredibly easy, and that LIE is good at assuming things with adequate data, I have no idea why someone wrote this into the definition. Has anyone done this before even?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in dream interpretation and dream symbolism. I don't really think there's a whole lot of hidden meaning to find in dreams (which your conscious brain isn't aware of anyway) or that it leads to having any deeper insight into the subconscious. I still find dream states and the strange perceptions they produce an interesting topic, though.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

how DO i conform to the stereotypes? i work at a bank. oh yeah, that makes me beta, lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    how DO i conform to the stereotypes? i work at a bank. oh yeah, that makes me beta, lol
    Don't you work in regulation and conformance? That makes you a person who wants to rid the world of things which could become problems in the future. See, for example, Strat.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t like to cook. I don’t like to bake. I’m not enthusiastic about doing chores. I’m not a slave to comfort. I have periods of low energy but wouldn’t call myself lazy. I don’t collect random items. I don’t pick up objects just to “feel their properties”. I don’t mind conflict. I enjoy debating people for fun (even if I lose lol). I easily manage my money. I have goals in life outside the home.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a thinking type without Fi, and yet I'm really prismatic in a dollhouse or teddy bear like craziness of love and milkshakes switching moon shades on this histrionic overdrive of blaze and intensity!!*
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't claim that I can predict the future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast