Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 118 of 118

Thread: Ways in which you donít conform to type stereotypes

  1. #81
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,931
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ So you're LIE?

  2. #82
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    SEIs can give that impression. I knew an SEI priest who was typically so quiet and withdrawn that children were intimidated by him. He gave the impression he was living in another world, constantly thinking cold thoughts, and perhaps didn't need to eat food to live, like a vampire. He didn't usually take the initiative to speak to anyone, especially in a crowd, and would often sit alone. It was only if you saw him actually communicate with people that his Fe was evident, and the impression of austerity would melt away entirely. He was in fact a kind and gentle person, to elderly people and animals especially.
    Oh boy... I relate to this way too much... I've been told I look pretty dead when alone but light up magically when talking to people.

    Hmm. Something more unusual for an SEI I guess is that I happened to wear skirts in the middle of winter numerous times before. I was very determined to prove that it's possible to ignore temperature...
    Though it had to do with me being 1. young and rebellious, and 2. withdrawing into my head and "manually" forgetting physical sensations. But the moment someone did note the brisk (or even scalding) weather, then all the sensations would come back to me and I'd scorn at them (playfully) for making me pay notice. It wasn't too bad of an idea in the end because I've learned how to build psychological tolerance to the weather, though now I gladly supplement it with appropriate winter wear...
    Death is the engine of Earth

  3. #83
    scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,579
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fi tends to trust more in stereotypes. It is like a fact you can attach to a person. Maybe they think it is important to act like one and Te finds comfort in it.
    Ti probably tends not to trust stereotypes and Fe takes active acts against stereotypes.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  4. #84
    The Ultimate Aeon of Will RaptorWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Charlottesville Virginia
    TIM
    INTP 5w6 so/sx Bunny
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Fi tends to trust more in stereotypes. It is like a fact you can attach to a person. Maybe they think it is important to act like one and Te finds comfort in it.
    Ti probably tends not to trust stereotypes and Fe takes active acts against stereotypes.
    Ya, the Ti madhouse of construction fruits and imaginative finishes to the ranch dressing is all multi-layered and counter chaotic, like a language of rules and restrictions from which the limitless is created.
    EagleFangKarate (webstarts.com)
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    Kara (the16types.info)
    I was always a very playful and fun loving Meganium, wishful, flowing, bright, cheerful, exuberant, passionate, loving, caring, sweet, misery refined, elegant, growing, evolving, magical, evanescent, silver wise, crowned, elevated, euphoric, stunning, rapture clad, dreamy, blissful, blizzarding, aura musical, resonant, vibrant, exquisite, luster robed, but ultimately, through rare Wartortle wisdom, I became Lugia!!
    ​Father Crow (Ho-Oh) is God, invincible, immortal, eternal, everlasting, salvation, auroras, glitter, fragrance, sparkle, zap, psycho boosted, enigmatic, unleashed, ultimate, archaic, dinosaur!!

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Fi tends to trust more in stereotypes. It is like a fact you can attach to a person. Maybe they think it is important to act like one and Te finds comfort in it.
    Ti probably tends not to trust stereotypes and Fe takes active acts against stereotypes.
    Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with this..I definitely see where you're coming from, but types that are non-Ti valuing and/or high in Fi seem to be less likely to believe in stereotypes, in my experience at least. It might be an Alpha vs Beta Ti distinction though, as Alphas generally don't seem to embrace the categorical thinking as much. But for me personally, I always get pretty uncomfortable when people state vapid non sequiturs applied to arbitrary differences between different groups (i.e. "that's how women/men are," "that's the way the world is," etc.). Despite the fact that it denies part of who I am as a person when observations and trends are applied to a whole group without any wiggle room, I just feel that so much of it is needless and completely unnecessary. It bothers me that people are unable to interrogate their own biases (even if that interrogation itself may be biased), or explicate their worldview, instead resorting to acceptance of that just being the way it is or treating it as an immutable characteristic of our reality. Granted, likewise that doesn't apply to all Betas at all (e.g. Foucault), and many Deltas/Gammas are guilty of both that tendency and resorting to stereotypes to explain behavior. But at least for me, and some of the other high Fi users I know, that stuff is anathema to us, as it deprives people of their humanity (in our opinion), treating them as objects acted upon by reality without the possibility of being agents/subjects in their own right as well.


    (edit: but on second thought, if that is indeed a common theme for high Fi users, then I guess I don't conform to type stereotypes in that way :))
    Last edited by aciaradh; 04-29-2021 at 05:30 AM.

  6. #86
    scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,579
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aciaradh View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with this..I definitely see where you're coming from, but types that are non-Ti valuing and/or high in Fi seem to be less likely to believe in stereotypes, in my experience at least. It might be an Alpha vs Beta Ti distinction though, as Alphas generally don't seem to embrace the hierarchy and categorical thinking as much. But for me personally, I always get pretty uncomfortable when people state vapid non sequiturs applied to arbitrary differences between different groups (i.e. "that's how women are," "that's the way the world is," etc.). Despite the fact that it denies part of who I am as a person when observations and trends are applied to a whole group without any wiggle room, I just feel that so much of it is needless and completely unnecessary. It bothers me that people are unable to interrogate their own biases (even if that interrogation itself may be biased), or explicate their worldview, without resorting to that just being the way it is. Granted, likewise that doesn't apply to all Betas at all (e.g. Foucault), and many Deltas/Gammas are guilty of both that tendency and resorting to stereotypes to explain behavior. But at least for me, and some of the other high Fi users I know, that stuff is anathema to us, as it deprives people of their humanity (in our opinion), treating them as objects acted upon by reality without the possibility of being agents/subjects in their own right as well.
    Well, I see it as this:
    gamma (democratic) = individual + stereotypes (comes off as I represent this and this),
    delta (aristocratic) = group + stereotypes (comes off as being a man/woman etc),
    beta (aristocratic) = group + constructs (this is why we as a group might act like this under these laws),
    alpha (democratic) = individual + constructs (this is why I'm/you are like this because...)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  7. #87
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Inferno 13th floor
    TIM
    IEE-Ne1w9/6w5/4 SX
    Posts
    698
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Fi tends to trust more in stereotypes. It is like a fact you can attach to a person. Maybe they think it is important to act like one and Te finds comfort in it.
    Ti probably tends not to trust stereotypes and Fe takes active acts against stereotypes.
    Lol, that's kind of a stereotype. But wait..... Aren't most socionics descriptions stereotypes anyway?!

    Any functions can produce stereotypes, i'd just loosey tie it to unreflectiveness, (+)-signed functions of Socionics and the social enneagram instinct in general. I think the confusion comes from the fact that most discussions are about Fe+/Fi+ stereotypes(valued by beta/delta, but used by everyone in a fashion or another).

    By valued + functions:
    Gamma: Se+(ex: that looks expensive and shiny, so it must have value! It's mine, so it means i'm rich haha!) and Ni+ stereotypes
    Beta: Fe+(Women are like that! Gays are like this! Lesbians are like that! Genderfluid homoerotic pansexual cauliflowers are like that!) and Ti+(this ideology the only right way to organize this community!) stereotypes
    Alpha: Si+(ex: drinking your own piss during full moon heals cancer! It's the only healthy way to live!) and Ne+(Linux is the best OS , don't even discuss it!) stereotypes
    Delta: Te+ and Fi+(If you eat burgers you're a cow hater! boooo!) stereotypes

    granted, my examples aren't the best

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Well, I see it as this:
    gamma (democratic) = individual + stereotypes (comes off as I represent this and this),
    delta (aristocratic) = group + stereotypes (comes off as being a man/woman etc),
    beta (aristocratic) = group + constructs (this is why we as a group might act like this under these laws),
    alpha (democratic) = individual + constructs (this is why I'm/you are like this because...)
    Aren't stereotypes based on constructs that don't align with facts? I'm confused by this...
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 04-29-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

    Life is soup. I'm fork


  8. #88
    scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,579
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Lol, that's kind of a stereotype. But wait..... Aren't most socionics descriptions stereotypes anyway?!

    Any functions can produce stereotypes, i'd just loosey tie it to unreflectiveness, (+)-signed functions of Socionics and the social enneagram instinct in general. I think the confusion comes from the fact that most discussions are about Fe+/Fi+ stereotypes(valued by beta/delta, but used by everyone in a fashion or another).

    By valued + functions:
    Gamma: Se+(ex: that looks expensive and shiny, so it must have value! It's mine, so it means i'm rich haha!) and Ni+ stereotypes
    Beta: Fe+(Women are like that! Gays are like this! Lesbians are like that! Genderfluid homoerotic pansexual cauliflowers are like that!) and Ti+(this ideology the only right way to organize this community! Everything else is chaos!) stereotypes
    Alpha: Si+(ex: drinking your own piss during full moon heals cancer! It's the only healthy way to live!) and Ne+(Linux is the best OS , don't even discuss it!) stereotypes
    Delta: Te+ and Fi+(If you eat burgers you're a cow hater! boooo!) stereotypes

    granted, my examples aren't the best



    Aren't stereotypes based on heuristic constructs that don't align with facts? I'm confused by this
    In delta world following scenario exists:
    LSE: "Hi there EII woman. I as a LSE gentleman offer you a seat because you are a woman and 1.4 months older than I am."
    EII : "Thanks, LSE. I must accept this as a physically weaker representative of the sexes and as an older person."

    Alpha scenario:

    ESE: "Hi there fragile LII. You do not have clothes on. Let me clothe you because you shiver and you are naked."
    LII: "Thanks. I do shiver. Good observation there and also I'm socially inappropriate according to current standards."
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  9. #89
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Inferno 13th floor
    TIM
    IEE-Ne1w9/6w5/4 SX
    Posts
    698
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    In delta world following scenario exists:
    LSE: "Hi there EII woman. I as a LSE gentleman offer you a seat because you are a woman and 1.4 months older than I am."
    EII : "Thanks, LSE. I must accept this as a physically weaker representative of the sexes and as an older person."

    Alpha scenario:

    ESE: "Hi there fragile LII. You do not have clothes on. Let me clothe you because you shiver and you are naked."
    LII: "Thanks. I do shiver. Good observation there and also I'm socially inappropriate according to current standards."
    My point was more to say that all IEs have stereotypes because they all 'filter and classify reality' in a way. But I see what you mean, it's a great comparison of how alpha and delta approach SF things.

    All quadras have elements of dogmatism, I can give you an illustration how alphas & deltas approach ST things:

    Delta: "What? I have to put on a mask to protect myself from COVID? It was up to debate if they really are useful though.... Whatever, I'll put it on to protect myself and the ones I love, it can't hurt, better safe than sorry!"

    Alpha: "What? I have to put on a mask to protect myself from COVID? Says who? The big power hungry government who went to war with Afghanistan?! They can't force me! That's ANTICONSTITUTIONAL! These masks aren't even locally sourced, they come from China! That's against my life ethic because I'm a pacifist and buy locally! No way I'm going to put these on, I'm a fighter for FREEDOM!" *see you at the hospital*
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

    Life is soup. I'm fork


  10. #90
    scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,579
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    My point was more to say that all IEs have stereotypes because they all 'filter and classify reality' in a way. But I see what you mean, it's a great comparison of how alpha and delta approach SF things.
    When you construct something it is a lot like running a generator from a seed value. It overlooks previously accepted information which makes it very Ti. Conclusion can be same.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  11. #91
    edgy princess eiemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    a vacuum
    TIM
    no clue
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am not much of a drama queen and I do not have the best sense of time. I do have a good imagination, though.
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon

    oh, nihilism...


  12. #92
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    ILI INTp
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    While INTp is supposed to have problems with dirty things and germs, I've learned to not really care. It's not conducive to worry about something that sometimes kills you and sometimes does not.

  13. #93
    tuathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    meh
    TIM
    EII-Fi
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my Si is supposed to be 2d but I feel like it's even weaker than that lol

    and my Se is -10d actually

    does that count
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9


  14. #94
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    2,428
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Alpha: "What? I have to put on a mask to protect myself from COVID? Says who? The big power hungry government who went to war with Afghanistan?! They can't force me! That's ANTICONSTITUTIONAL! These masks aren't even locally sourced, they come from China! That's against my life ethic because I'm a pacifist and buy locally! No way I'm going to put these on, I'm a fighter for FREEDOM!"*see you at the hospital*
    Based

  15. #95
    C-ESI-Se sx/sp ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the center of the universe
    Posts
    15,763
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Fi tends to trust more in stereotypes. It is like a fact you can attach to a person. Maybe they think it is important to act like one and Te finds comfort in it.
    Ti probably tends not to trust stereotypes and Fe takes active acts against stereotypes.
    never trust in reality

  16. #96
    lkdhf qkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Inferno 13th floor
    TIM
    IEE-Ne1w9/6w5/4 SX
    Posts
    698
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Based
    I think you mean biased? It's not something every alpha does, but I've hardly seen people from other quadras talk like that; stereotypes have some kernel of truth. Like the stereotype of LII who is very anticapitalist. Unvalued Se and Te seems to make people rebel against the 'obvious mechanisms of a system' in very weird ways and try to replace it by some kind of Si-Ti unrealistic (because no extraverted functions) 'utopian society'.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    In delta world following scenario exists:
    LSE: "Hi there EII woman. I as a LSE gentleman offer you a seat because you are a woman and 1.4 months older than I am."
    EII : "Thanks, LSE. I must accept this as a physically weaker representative of the sexes and as an older person."
    Delta doesn't spend their time inventing crazy social standards that have nothing to do with how people really live and what they really need. It's a bias and stereotype also. I could see your point bc there is a tendency to replace real social dynamics(Se-Fe) with utopian Si-Fi morals(women are weaker and should be protected, blablabla) in delta. And after all, this is a thread about stereotypes....
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 05-02-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    I rarely feel alone. I rarely talk to anyone, yet in my head i have the most amazing, the most fantastic discussions with the people in my life. In real life, what most people talk about is several orders of magnitude lesser than their inner experiences. Most people never reveal the singularity of their subjective experience.
    Maybe I should learn to explore other people's consciousness. Maybe I should aim for a real space between me and others. Instead of cultivating monologues and fantasies. It's hard, but the alternative to this seems to be madness. ~ lkdhf qkb

    Life is soup. I'm fork


  17. #97
    scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On a toilet, right above you
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Posts
    6,579
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    my Si is supposed to be 2d but I feel like it's even weaker than that lol

    and my Se is -10d actually

    does that count
    So you just invented a negative dimension. Mind bending.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  18. #98
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,931
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    So you just invented a negative dimension. Mind bending.
    She is a woman of many talents.

    Imaginary dimensions are next.

    And don’t you wish you had thought of that?

  19. #99

    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    LSE 9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My main issue is I just don't represent the EJ temperament that much, I don't carry the rigidness or constant mobilization that one would expect from such.

  20. #100

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyan View Post
    My main issue is I just don't represent the EJ temperament that much, I don't carry the rigidness or constant mobilization that one would expect from such.
    You sound like you’d be perfect for most EII-Nes

  21. #101
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have live and let live policy.
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

  22. #102
    The Ultimate Aeon of Will RaptorWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Charlottesville Virginia
    TIM
    INTP 5w6 so/sx Bunny
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    She is a woman of many talents.

    Imaginary dimensions are next.

    And don’t you wish you had thought of that?
    Hehe, the factory has many stories and tapestries to its Nintendo 64, or "imaginary dimensions" as the crosshair in Your patchy the pirate spongebob oceanic overhaul.

    Next we'll have Japanese sushi in flatland to try and sea if you can introduce curved space and gravity on your paper and report card!!*
    EagleFangKarate (webstarts.com)
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    Kara (the16types.info)
    I was always a very playful and fun loving Meganium, wishful, flowing, bright, cheerful, exuberant, passionate, loving, caring, sweet, misery refined, elegant, growing, evolving, magical, evanescent, silver wise, crowned, elevated, euphoric, stunning, rapture clad, dreamy, blissful, blizzarding, aura musical, resonant, vibrant, exquisite, luster robed, but ultimately, through rare Wartortle wisdom, I became Lugia!!
    ​Father Crow (Ho-Oh) is God, invincible, immortal, eternal, everlasting, salvation, auroras, glitter, fragrance, sparkle, zap, psycho boosted, enigmatic, unleashed, ultimate, archaic, dinosaur!!

  23. #103

    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    LSE 9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    You sound like you’d be perfect for most EII-Nes
    Why do you say that?

  24. #104

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyan View Post
    Why do you say that?
    While EII-Ne is not an irrational type, we try to keep our minds open to changing situations and the strict judgments of many (not all) xe-Ejs can feel undermining at times. I only have your posts to go by, but you sound like you might have an irrational subtype, which is more sensitive to life’s ebb and flow and so is more “chill.”

  25. #105
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,251
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I watch a ton of old television, game shows and sports - on YouTube and over the air television; I am addicted to the 1970s and 1980s. I am also really into Si: I savour every ball game, every meal, nature, even the outdoors. I can be really silly, funny, and I'm almost always laughing - almost a weird kind of funny in real life. The problem: assuming classic sports and television is 'Gamma' or 'traditionalist,' I almost always don't go well with those types - even though I love classsic tv - so I don't call myself that. Also, I can't see myself as an Si-ego, because, even though I love food, football games, etc., I am not really in touch with my senses, so I am more of a consumer than a producer of such things and I consider myself as an Si-valuing type, but not someone strong in Si. Even as someone funny - i.e, 'Fe' - I consider myself more of a consumer again - I would rather watch an outrageous comedy than create one. Even on this forum, I'm just waiting for someone to do something funny so I can have a big laugh about it. (For instance, I imagine 'Sol' as a fake account, and if that were true, how funny it would be. Or if most of the accounts here were just fake accounts. I mean it: I really need a laugh... You think I'm joking? It would be funny to me...)

    EDIT: another one: people think of LIIs as thin and nasally, I'm actually quite overweight...
    Last edited by jason_m; 05-11-2021 at 08:46 AM.

  26. #106
    edgy princess eiemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    a vacuum
    TIM
    no clue
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am not overly dramatic, I am not very image-focused, and I have no sense of self. Beta NFs are described as having a strong sense of self.
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon

    oh, nihilism...


  27. #107
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,931
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eiemo View Post
    I am not overly dramatic, I am not very image-focused, and I have no sense of self. Beta NFs are described as having a strong sense of self.
    I always felt like beta NFs, at least when more immature, have no sense of self because they are image focused. Being image focused and having a strong sense of self seems contradictory.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  28. #108
    edgy princess eiemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    a vacuum
    TIM
    no clue
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I always felt like beta NFs, at least when more immature, have no sense of self because they are image focused. Being image focused and having a strong sense of self seems contradictory.
    Part of the reason why I have so much trouble with typing myself is because I don’t have a strong sense of self.

    Te lead? Not factual enough.

    Te creative? Too emotionally expressive, energetic, and task-oriented.

    Fi lead? Lacks a sense of relationships. I don’t pay much attention to relationships at all, and I have always struggled with making friends.

    Fi creative: I cannot see myself as Ne leading with Fi creative. I cannot see myself who uses possibilities to help relationships. I am bad at brainstorming; I prefer to settle on a conclusion or decision. SEE is more probable, but people said that I need to focus more on using relationships to achieve my goals (without seeming like I am using them). I tend to use the general chain of command, working a lot, and having high-quality of work. I do see and utilize the value of networking, though.

    Si leading: No, and just no. I don’t care much about appearance (unless I have to), aesthetics, and comfort. I am a massive hypochondriac. IP temperament is also NO, as is Te or Fe PoLR.

    Fe leading: EIE, a Fe-leading type, is my tentative self-typing. ExxJ temperament fits with my attitude towards tasks and leadership. I always want to achieve tasks and goals; I also like having control. I am emotionally expressive and passionate. However, I do not intentionally use emotions for any purpose, nor do I particularly care about the emotional atmosphere that much. I am not manipulative, overly dramatic, or good at reading people.

    Ni leading: I daydream a lot and I lack a sense of self, but a) I don’t think that I have Fe/Te PoLR, and b) I don’t think that I have 1D Se. I have a strong sense of willpower and I seek to lead others. I have also been successful in leading others. I also do not have the best sense of time.

    Se leading: I think that both Se leading types are probable. My issue with Se leading is that I see problems with Ti/Fi creative. Fe demonstrative and Te demonstrative are present to an extent. I am very task-oriented, I care quite a bit about efficiency, and I care about facts to an extent. I am not always logically consistent, but I take into account rules and “the chain of command.” I like things to be clearly defined and decided.
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon

    oh, nihilism...


  29. #109
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,931
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eiemo View Post
    Part of the reason why I have so much trouble with typing myself is because I don’t have a strong sense of self.
    What do you mean by sense of self exactly?

    Te lead? Not factual enough.

    Te creative? Too emotionally expressive, energetic, and task-oriented.

    Fi lead? Lacks a sense of relationships. I don’t pay much attention to relationships at all, and I have always struggled with making friends.

    Fi creative: I cannot see myself as Ne leading with Fi creative. I cannot see myself who uses possibilities to help relationships. I am bad at brainstorming; I prefer to settle on a conclusion or decision. SEE is more probable, but people said that I need to focus more on using relationships to achieve my goals (without seeming like I am using them). I tend to use the general chain of command, working a lot, and having high-quality of work. I do see and utilize the value of networking, though.

    Si leading: No, and just no. I don’t care much about appearance (unless I have to), aesthetics, and comfort. I am a massive hypochondriac. IP temperament is also NO, as is Te or Fe PoLR.

    Fe leading: EIE, a Fe-leading type, is my tentative self-typing. ExxJ temperament fits with my attitude towards tasks and leadership. I always want to achieve tasks and goals; I also like having control. I am emotionally expressive and passionate. However, I do not intentionally use emotions for any purpose, nor do I particularly care about the emotional atmosphere that much. I am not manipulative, overly dramatic, or good at reading people.

    Ni leading: I daydream a lot and I lack a sense of self, but a) I don’t think that I have Fe/Te PoLR, and b) I don’t think that I have 1D Se. I have a strong sense of willpower and I seek to lead others. I have also been successful in leading others. I also do not have the best sense of time.

    Se leading: I think that both Se leading types are probable. My issue with Se leading is that I see problems with Ti/Fi creative. Fe demonstrative and Te demonstrative are present to an extent. I am very task-oriented, I care quite a bit about efficiency, and I care about facts to an extent. I am not always logically consistent, but I take into account rules and “the chain of command.” I like things to be clearly defined and decided.
    This sounds to me like you trouble fitting yourself into this system.

    If I were you (and I'm not) I'd try and get typed by a professional. One thing you need to understand though is that different socionists will correlate different cognitive phenomena with different IEs and Jungian preferences. So just take the time to study their approach before paying them, ideally by speaking with people who have gotten typed themselves by the professional in question.

    Also note that it's fine for your current understanding of yourself to not fit in with a personality system. Which is why I suggest a professional, because they can explain and maybe shed light on how certain aspects of your psyche connect with the theory. Connecting this oneself feel artificial sometimes, for various reasons that are too complex to get into here.

    You have a list of services here.

    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...yping-services

    I would add that Jack Oliver Aaron/WSS is a fairly classic model A adherent and excludes using temperaments and Jungian preferences: they prefer to use dimensionality theory. I don't know if Jack gives you a written report or not at the end, but I find the written reports he has posted on the WSS blogspot to be rather thorough, analyzing each IE and function in the person's psyche.

    Timur's method is based on speech analysis via model A, you get a conclusion and descriptions of the type, but not a report of the individual aspects of your personality and how they relate to the type.

    Gulenko/SHS is probably the most controversial school, since Gulenko uses his own model and not model A which can lead to some pretty unexpected conclusions from the perspective of model A socionics. But I like how he gives a thorough explanation of each Jungian preference (temperament and installation), your DCNH subtype, and gives advice. The only thing which I felt may have been missing was a word about one's weak functions and/or Jungian preferences.

    Also note some people out there offer free remote typing services, but you kind of have to catch them if you can.
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

    ~Nietzsche

  30. #110

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eiemo View Post
    Part of the reason why I have so much trouble with typing myself is because I don’t have a strong sense of self.

    Te lead? Not factual enough.

    Te creative? Too emotionally expressive, energetic, and task-oriented.

    Fi lead? Lacks a sense of relationships. I don’t pay much attention to relationships at all, and I have always struggled with making friends.

    Fi creative: I cannot see myself as Ne leading with Fi creative. I cannot see myself who uses possibilities to help relationships. I am bad at brainstorming; I prefer to settle on a conclusion or decision. SEE is more probable, but people said that I need to focus more on using relationships to achieve my goals (without seeming like I am using them). I tend to use the general chain of command, working a lot, and having high-quality of work. I do see and utilize the value of networking, though.

    Si leading: No, and just no. I don’t care much about appearance (unless I have to), aesthetics, and comfort. I am a massive hypochondriac. IP temperament is also NO, as is Te or Fe PoLR.

    Fe leading: EIE, a Fe-leading type, is my tentative self-typing. ExxJ temperament fits with my attitude towards tasks and leadership. I always want to achieve tasks and goals; I also like having control. I am emotionally expressive and passionate. However, I do not intentionally use emotions for any purpose, nor do I particularly care about the emotional atmosphere that much. I am not manipulative, overly dramatic, or good at reading people.

    Ni leading: I daydream a lot and I lack a sense of self, but a) I don’t think that I have Fe/Te PoLR, and b) I don’t think that I have 1D Se. I have a strong sense of willpower and I seek to lead others. I have also been successful in leading others. I also do not have the best sense of time.

    Se leading: I think that both Se leading types are probable. My issue with Se leading is that I see problems with Ti/Fi creative. Fe demonstrative and Te demonstrative are present to an extent. I am very task-oriented, I care quite a bit about efficiency, and I care about facts to an extent. I am not always logically consistent, but I take into account rules and “the chain of command.” I like things to be clearly defined and decided.
    based on what you wrote here alone i'd say that EIE definitely makes sense for you. The things that you wrote against EIE, I don't think is enough to discount that being your type. I don't think an EIE necessarily has to be dramatic or manipulative or use emotions. I also think it's possible you could be doing these things and not noticing being that Fe is your base function, just like we don't notice we're breathing yet doing it constantly.

    also your enneagram and MBTI type lines up with EIE very well. I always think of EIE's as being 147 or 478 in enneagram, whereas IEEs are more like 479 or 279.

  31. #111
    edgy princess eiemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    a vacuum
    TIM
    no clue
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceynyc View Post
    based on what you wrote here alone i'd say that EIE definitely makes sense for you. The things that you wrote against EIE, I don't think is enough to discount that being your type. I don't think an EIE necessarily has to be dramatic or manipulative or use emotions. I also think it's possible you could be doing these things and not noticing being that Fe is your base function, just like we don't notice we're breathing yet doing it constantly.

    also your enneagram and MBTI type lines up with EIE very well. I always think of EIE's as being 147 or 478 in enneagram, whereas IEEs are more like 479 or 279.
    My MBTI and Enneagram typings are not certain. I could be an ENTJ EIE, for all I know. If I am an ENFP, I definitely am a high-Te ENFP.

    My self-typing of 4w3 might be misinformed because I am a young person and I am struggling with some other issues. I don't really care or am motivated by image, so maybe ALL of the image types are out of the question. 3w4 might be a better fit.

    Motivations: My motivations are to be as successful as possible in my chosen field, and to have a high position of authority. I care about having authority because I want to be respected, acknowledged, and loved. I also feel the need for control because I feel that I need to change things for the better, ensure that the final product is as good as possible, and to maximize the need for achievement. The reason why I feel the need to achieve things and have power is to escape my anxiety (by doing things and having control), to receive validation to compensate for my feelings of inferiority. This is why I try to pursue good grades, to go to a top law school, and to have good extracurricular achievements. I always felt like I didn't fit in, so I decided that I needed to prove myself as worthy by achieving goals. I also care about being ethical, but it is not my main motivation. I also do not relate to the constant repression of anger and reaction formation of a 1, so I don't think that I am a 1. I could be a 1w2 that is disintegrating.

    Stress Reactions: I become more emotional, more withdrawn, I dissociate more into my daydreams, and I lose my motivation to do things. I may also have anger that occurs due to pent-up anger, anxiety, and depression. The main things are that I become lost in my daydreams, more anxious, and emotional.

    Ranking Enneagram Triads:

    Social Styles: Assertive/Aggressive > Withdrawn > Compliant

    Harmonics: Reactive > not sure if I use competency or positive strategies more

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

    As for DCNH, I am pretty sure that I am a dominant or normalizing subtype. I don't know which, though. Leaning dominant subtype.
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon

    oh, nihilism...


  32. #112
    C-ESI-Se sx/sp ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the center of the universe
    Posts
    15,763
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    STEREOTYPES ARE A HORRIBLE THING MOST FREQUENTLY EXPRESSED BY MY CONFLICTOR

    that sentence was a stereotyped mockery and you disgusting folks should stop embodying yourselves in pre-existing stereotypes . be stronger please.

    what are ESI stereotypes these days?

    gold digger: meh
    moralistic: meh
    hot: yes

    edit: i moralized u for being stereotypes hahaha, so ya. BUT it wasn't any more intense than moralizing ur opposite quadra about stereotyping

  33. #113
    ˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚ aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Posts
    1,979
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I seriously don’t think I fit into any stereotype.
    even ‘groups’ when I went into school, I never felt like I fit into any of them or could classify myself in some school stereotype way. I can relate to different aspects of all the Quadra’s tbh, and certain ones I don’t. I can say some things about myself on here and people will automatically think I’m a certain type because of stereotype, but I could also say this other thing and make them think the opposite lol. Maybe it’s one reason why I confuse people. I really don’t care to stick to one. And I don’t just feel like I’m just one. I know some people do, some people fit. But I don’t feel like i do. I could try, and have before, but it becomes a tiresome game. And it just feels all wrong.
    𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

  34. #114
    ILE rivka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i was pretty stereotypical as a child. i'm a lot different now. kind of like how twins go the extra mile individuating so they lose a part of themselves in the process

  35. #115
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,251
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On top of what I said: I can have a strong understanding of Ni. Philosophical musings, subjective musings, 'deeper' forms of verbal expression are all things that I understand...

  36. #116
    edgy princess eiemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    a vacuum
    TIM
    no clue
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    - I don’t feel the need to affect people emotionally all the time.
    - I am not SUPER aware of the flow of time.
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon

    oh, nihilism...


  37. #117
    MindFreak420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    SEI-Fe 9w1
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I donít really enjoy having to take care or look after anyone else except for short periods of time, Having to do that consistently would burn me out. Plus I suck at cooking, decorating, matching shit together and taking care of
    myself in general.
    SEI-Fe ē 9w1 ē Sp/Sx ē EVFL ē Normalizing ē

  38. #118
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,058
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindFreak420 View Post
    I donít really enjoy having to take care or look after anyone else except for short periods of time, Having to do that consistently would burn me out. Plus I suck at cooking, decorating, matching shit together and taking care of
    myself in general.
    I dont even know why SEIs are supposed to be good at these things. Seems like an association or exaggeration from Si that has gone too far.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •