Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    As I've said before, I tried in earnest to deny the existence of a divinity. I failed. Thus, I tried to ascertain the nature of this divinity. The only one that stood up to the rigor of a man who sought to deny divinity was the Christian/Catholic conception. Thus, I'm a practicing Catholic. If you can tell me an argument I've failed to hear before that, in your eyes, makes me look like a misguided fool I'll give ya a cookie as I dismantle it .
    This is a blatant lie. If your top priority were denying the existence of a divinity, you would have done it until the day you died and possibly beyond. What would you say your first priority is? It can't be truth or you wouldn't say "please lie for me" every time someone who's read too many books you don't like creeped you out. My first priority is truth, and although grand metaphysical claims and "the sky is blue" might not be of equal importance, they are equally truths, and all truths will lead to all other truths by logical necessity. To abandon one truth is to abandon all things. The Catholic Church already showed itself to be full of nonsense by putting Galileo under house arrest.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Truth is overrated
    Truth is overrated, the consequences are not.