Thread: Schitt's Creek

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Schitt's Creek

ILI and ESI intensely dislike the show. they the acting sucks and all the scenes are so disjointed
    My alpha/delta friends all like it. apparently it won a bunch of awards too. i've never watched it myself. wondering if it's a really alpha show or something.

(sidenote: ILI got recommended the show by someone at work but he figures he shouldn't tell them he didn't like it seeing as he's about to fire the dude lolol)

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My family members like it, but I don't like it. Watching TV is often boring for me.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems socialite stuff tbh
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kind of like it. I agree that it's really Alpha/Delta-y though. (maybe more so Alpha cuz I think it's pretty Fe-ish)

David is obviously a gay man to me but they're trying to make him more interesting with the pansexual label or something. The actor in real life is even a gay guy, I don't know why he can't just be a normal gay guy- but I guess that's too boring and they need the pansexual "free spirit" label to keep it more hip and recent.

I watched the first 2-3? seasons or so I forgot but kind of got bored with it. Stevie and David could be really cute together, I like David's sarcasm mixed with Stevie's Idgaf cool girl attitude but even that got old to me and all their scenes felt like the same thing replayed a bunch of times to me.

It's an interesting social experiment because you always hear things like "a celebrity wouldn't be caught dead walking in a Meijers or Target in a small shitty town" or some things like that, and they were all rich spoiled brats who now have been kinda forced to do that, and forced to interact with "common folk" and it's kind of hilarious at times, potentially- but I agree it goes more for the 'awkward human normal boring angle' which is Delta-y at heart?

I remember when I saw Dave Coulier (from Full House lol) in the airport once IRL lol. He was wearing typical celebrity douche-shades and acting so smug and like 'above it all' - ((and had like 5-6 security guys all around him to make sure the tweens didn't do anything invasive, or even approach him at all really) - it was way different from the goofy and lovable person he played on TV. It was weird. He looked so unapproachable, closed off and stoic, and that kind of mistique just turned me off.

No diss to Dave either, he was probably just told to be that way by his manager/upper Hollywood demons or whatever. I don't mean to throw shade at him, just I don't like the celebrity thing much to begin with.

I also remember online way back when, you could have these chat room meet ups with celebs but they were so heavily controlled/moderated, you could NEVER just talk to them like I am talking to you which is also turned me off from them lol. ((you could only ask a question which they may or may not receive as it had to go through like 3-5 security channels and there was so many ppl asking them stuff it was pure luck if your question came up lol))

I wouldn't be disrespectful or insecure or like 'hey u arrogant celebrity turd u think ur better than me huh' - so it was dumb to treat me like I was a criminal, but I guess the added security is necessary for all the weird stalker/psychos in the world but still the way it was operated just turned me off from the whole thing socially.

The Home Alone mom is funny to me tho, Moira?

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not like Schitt’s Creek. I think that it is boring.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the show for its wholesomeness. Most of the characters are Delta

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty good. I could do without all the trendy pop culture references, but it's a good show overall. I like older shows/movies. Recent stuff is very triggering for me. All the references to internet culture, smartphones, etc. It's all very triggering for me. It all feels so mainstream and earthy. I'd rather watch an old film where characters are on a payphone, etc.

Pretty good show though overall. Definitely recommended if you like Arrested Development (2003-'06). Catherine O'Hara is probably my favorite actor on the show. It's also got a lot of great actors who play smaller roles. I've been watching a lot of the Larry Sanders Show again lately, as well. And Catherine incidentally made an appearance there on one of the episodes. So it was cool to see her there.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought it was all right, I watched all the seasons straight through over a month or two. On the hierarchy of tv shows, it's in that mid-tier category (Slightly headache-inducing but still entertaining) between Absolutely engrossed and Completely turned off.