Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ummmm hi.... again?

I registered on the forum about a year ago with a rather limited knowledge of socionics. I have since learned quite a bit and have finally determined my type as something other than I thought at the time. I wasn't active but I will probably be a little bit more active now, so ummmm hi.... again?

I figured another introduction was appropriate, but if not then sorry I guess

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, DeliMeat. Welcome back.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Adam Strange! I have seen some of your posts before and you definitely remind me of my ENTj friend, but I guess that's not surprising....

Something I am curious about (if you'll indulge me) is what would make a Te dominant person interested in something like socionics? The Te doms I personally know do not/would not have any interest in something such as socionics. I guess they think it isn't practical or substantial.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    Hey Adam Strange! I have seen some of your posts before and you definitely remind me of my ENTj friend, but I guess that's not surprising....

Something I am curious about (if you'll indulge me) is what would make a Te dominant person interested in something like socionics? The Te doms I personally know do not/would not have any interest in something such as socionics. I guess they think it isn't practical or substantial.
    None of the many LIE's or LSE's that I know have any interest in personality theories. Some have even told me that they didn't want to hear anything about them, because they saw the idea of having some fore-knowledge of how people can be expected to interact as something that would adversely affect their social and business interactions.

In the meantime, they keep sailing their ships straight onto the rocks and blaming the phases of the moon. Which is not a problem for me. It means less competition. If an LIE is having daily shouting matches with his best (according to MBTI) match, his LSI wife, then he's not going to be focused on the business before him. If he found a cute little EII to marry, then he's not going to be able to motivate her, nor she him, to their greatest potential.

Personally, I got interested in Socionics because I was searching for an explanation for why my very evenly-matched ex-wife would leave me. Socionics provided that. She is SLI, I am LIE, our interaction is Supervision, and Supervision is generally rated as being about #12 on a compatibility scale from #1 (best) to #16 (worst), with anything lower than about #4 carrying a "Do Not Proceed" sign. The marriage lasted as long as it did because we really were nearly perfect matches in every other respect. If she had been ESI, I'm pretty sure that we'd be thriving right now.

Since I'm interested in having another long term relationship, I'm interested in doing whatever I can to ensure that it has the greatest chance of success. That includes giving strong consideration to ESI's as mates.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-27-2020 at 03:49 AM.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    None of the many LIE's or LSE's that I know have any interest in personality theories. Some have even told me that they didn't want to hear anything about them, because they saw the idea of having some fore-knowledge of how people can be expected to interact as something that would adversely affect their social and business interactions.

In the meantime, they keep sailing their ships straight onto the rocks and blaming the phases of the moon. Which is not a problem for me. It means less competition. If an LIE is having daily shouting matches with his best (according to MBTI) match, his LSI wife, then he's not going to be focused on the business before him.

Personally, I got interested in it because I was searching for an explanation for why my very evenly-matched ex-wife would leave me. Socionics provided that. She is SLI, I am LIE, our interaction is Supervision, and Supervision is generally rated as being about #12 on a compatibility scale from #1 (best) to #16 (worst). The marriage lasted as long as it did because we really were nearly perfect matches in every other respect. If she had been ESI, I'm pretty sure that we'd be thriving right now.

Since I'm interested in having another long term relationship, I'm interested in doing whatever I can to ensure that it has the greatest chance of success. That includes giving strong consideration to ESI's as mates.
    Ooooooh, that's interesting on the LIE and LSE reasons. As for the interest in another relationship, I wish you nothing but the best!

I got interested in personality theories out of a natural curiosity as well as relationship strain with my nuclear family. My family consists of IEI (me), LSE (father), ESE (mother), and ESE (older sister). I suppose you can see why that may have been a difficult dynamic, haha!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Something I am curious about (if you'll indulge me) is what would make a Te dominant person interested in something like socionics? The Te doms I personally know do not/would not have any interest in something such as socionics.
    Mostly, an interest to psychology and people relations have F and FN types. T and especially TS should be lesser present.
    The main use what Socionics may give is IR theory - what people we like, with who is easier to make good relations - Fi. Base Te types may be attracted by this, in case they have no good relations and want something to help with it. My type is LSE.

I recommend to create a typing theme with a video. Mb your type is not IEI. There are often mistakes and external opinions help to be more objective.

> I guess they think it isn't practical or substantial.

Te prefer objectivity, so the initial interest to Socionics should be not serious alike much to esoterics. At 1st, they may be interested in psychology. Then to notice Jung types/MBTI/Socionics as related and popular. May read a little as the theory is simple and promises so much, to experiment with it. In case they see positive results - the theory explains and predicts something good - they may get a significant interest as it's seen as useful.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

your name makes me want to go eat a sandwich lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    your name makes me want to go eat a sandwich lol
    I just threw down the name, haha. I will probably change it at some point. I considered making my profile pic a sandwich, so if the name alone made you hungry I would have otherwise made you starving. Nice to know I can manipulate EII's with food, muahaha!

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I recommend to create a typing theme with a video. Mb your type is not IEI. There are often mistakes and external opinions help to be more objective.
    And do you have any pointers as to how one may create a typing theme with a video?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And do you have any pointers as to how one may create a typing theme with a video?
    recommendations
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just threw down the name, haha. I will probably change it at some point. I considered making my profile pic a sandwich, so if the name alone made you hungry I would have otherwise made you starving. Nice to know I can manipulate EII's with food, muahaha!
    lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I'll check it out. I think I am going to give your IR test a shot.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude. come on man

too many

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'll check it out. I think I am going to give your IR test a shot.
    It's in early state and more useful as secondary method - to show the possibilities of types gotten by common methods.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    dude. come on man

too many
    ouch...