Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Socionics types likely to engage in stalkerish behavior?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types likely to engage in stalkerish behavior?

You know, observing from a distance, etc. Wondering if there is some sort of correlation. Ni egos maybe?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does blatantly following count?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure. Some examples:

1. Following.
    2. Observing from a distance.
    3. Pretending to be immersed in your duties, when in fact you are paying close attention to what the stalked person is saying/doing.

Etc.

My idea is that this correlates more strongly with some determinate type of romance style.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm...you can put a tally mark under "caregiver."

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm... stalking is expected to be somewhat romantic in nature; I observe people from a distance all the time, but mainly out of curiosity. I don't think that that counts.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ni-egos my ASS. This is insulting to me. I *never* stalk people. I always give them their own space. I think that's just creepy.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Erm... stalking is expected to be somewhat romantic in nature
    Nah stalking to me is cowardice. If I like somebody, I just tell them. What is stalking going to do? Although I've had fantasies about *spying* on people I found attractive, I'd never actually do it.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once stalked a guy who had beat his dog. I just wanted to know where he lived in case I saw it happening again so I could do something about it (politely call the police or just slash his face with a chainsaw)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Nah stalking to me is cowardice. If I like somebody, I just tell them. What is stalking going to do? Although I've had fantasies about *spying* on people I found attractive, I'd never actually do it.
    Yeah... it's more like a failed attempt at romance, not the real thing. I think it arises largely from not really knowing what you should be doing.

The college I'm currently at has had problems with stalking in the past... the male:female ratio is about 3:1, and most of those men are Alpha NTs. What do you get when far too many Alpha NTs try to perform their socially expected behavior of competing over the short supply of girls?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Sure. Some examples:

1. Following. [Caregiver?]
    2. Observing from a distance. [Victim, infantile, caregiver. Everyone does this. ]
    3. Pretending to be immersed in your duties, when in fact you are paying close attention to what the stalked person is saying/doing. [Victim, infantile, caregiver. Everyone does this. ]

Etc.

My idea is that this correlates more strongly with some determinate type of romance style.
    4. Stalking via the world wide web and being really good at it [Ni egos, maybe]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    4. Stalking via the world wide web and being really good at it [Ni egos, maybe]
    Thanks, I was forgetting that one

This is a summary of what I've gathered so far on the subject: Ni egos have what is called the "victim" style. There are two variants of this; the "pseudo aggressor" style (ILI and LIE), and another style that the Ni + Fe egos have, that they sort of turn it into a competition, and become whatever traits they deem appropriate at the moment in order to entice their prospects, while at the same time they seem to ignore them. Somewhat chameleon-like (I think it is called "arrogant victim"). Then there are caregivers (Si egos) -- that can be further sub-categorized into "teachers" (Si + Te). And then there are infantile, the Ne egos, and aggressors, the Se egos. The aggressors pair well with the victims, and the caregivers with the infantiles.

My hypothesis is that the caregivers and victims are the the most likely to display stalker behavior towards the other two, that are least likely, but each will do it in their own respective style. Ni egos will be more likely to stalk the person in a more "creepy" way, sort of animal like. Si egos will do it it a more gentle manner, looking for keepsakes of their objects of affection, offering to do things for them in a roundabout way, etc.

The problem is that I am not sure that the romance styles correlate, are what they are supposed to be, for each type. I've read account of Ni egos displaying caregiver behavior, or Ne ego not agreeing with the "infantile" style. Or any given type displaying a different interaction style depending on the style of the love interest in question, or their own maturity level.

So now I ask you guys who are reading this; do you overall agree with the romance style you are supposed to have?
    Last edited by xkj220; 09-21-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes.

A better name for Alpha NT romantic style might be "playful-avoidant" though.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's interesting. Let's see if we can get a little summary phrase like that for each of the styles:

Alpha NT: Playful-avoidant
    Alpha SF: ?

Beta ST: ?
    Beta NF: Arrogant-victim

Gamma NT: Pseudo-agressor
    Gamma SF: ?

Delta ST: Teacher
    Delta NF: ?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too perjorative.

Alpha NT: Playful-avoidant
    Alpha SF: Maternal Caregiver

Beta ST: Aggressor (?)
    Beta NF: Victim

Gamma NT: ?
    Gamma SF: Aggressor (?)

Delta ST: Teacher/Paternal Caregiver
    Delta NF: Innocent

fuck i wasnt much better lol
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta ST: Conqueror
    Beta NF: Prize

leftylib gave phrases for all of these in another thread: Short descriptions of 8 romance styles

Actually it might be worthwhile to call these quadra+Static/Dynamic, as in:
    Gamma Dynamic: Pseudo-Aggressor
    Gamma Static: Employer
    Beta Dynamic: Prize
    Beta Static: Conqueror
    Delta Dynamic: Teacher
    Delta Static: Pseudo-Caregiver
    Alpha Dynamic: Caregiver
    Alpha Static: Childlike

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lollllllllllllllllllllllll
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on my observation: I would say that the XIE types are "pseudo-aggressor" and the XSI types are "pseudo-victim". They switch roles constantly.

IEI and ILI are "pure victim", and SLE and SEE "pure aggressor".

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the pseudo-aggressor and pseudo-victim labels refer to Logic vs. Ethics - that is, Feelers are quite a bit nicer than Thinkers, which can make the Thinkers seem aggressive and the Feelers seem submissive.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that affects too, but having Se HA or Ni HA is more important.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intuitive introverted types maybe?

TIM
    ENTj (3w4 sx/sp)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe stalking is related to the Erotic Styles. I think many types are capable of USING their ego functions for that end if they believe strongly in the reason for the stalking. For instance I can easily see an "Infantile" Alpha NT doing so--to catch someone who is up to some wrong doing that will have a negative impact on them personally. I can see Delta STs, all Betas, and all Gammas CAPABLE of stalking if they wanted to. Least likely in my opinion would be Alpha SFs and Delta NFs.

As for myself, if I liked someone, I would personally see stalking as an artificial way of acquiring what I typically go out of my way to ensure is authentic. My relationships need to feel real and true and strong from within--not fabricated, tricked or "willed" into existence.

I HAVE used my Ni though to avoid certain people who were invading my time and space. Purposely changing my route or rearranging my schedule to ensure I miss them. That would just make my life easier overall. Using Te/Ni is WAY easier for me than getting into a situation where I then must use any kind of F! I think with respect to social interaction, Gamma NTs can "take it or leave it". So if missing a really good party or social function will mean not having to see or deal with someone we don't want to (i.e. thereby invoking F!), we will see that as a winning trade off. I left Facebook over two years ago, and many people actually became upset with me. So I guess it is my opinion that Gamma NTs may employ their Ni for "reverse" stalking--to preserve their individual power, and to not be a "Victim".

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI and LSE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No correlation LOL
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    hahaha nice one wacey
    -

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by wacey; 03-15-2015 at 01:26 AM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    intuitive introverted types maybe?
    The ones I know are too lazy for physical stalking. Stalking is hard work. If they stalk it probably would have to be through intuitive connection or maybe social media. Ethical or Logical bases likely stalk for different reasons than intuitives. Base Sensors are more up front in finding out what you are up to or just don't care, depending on introverted or extroverted. Really I have no clue since I just made this all up in my head.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Yeah... it's more like a failed attempt at romance, not the real thing. I think it arises largely from not really knowing what you should be doing.

The college I'm currently at has had problems with stalking in the past... the male:female ratio is about 3:1, and most of those men are Alpha NTs. What do you get when far too many Alpha NTs try to perform their socially expected behavior of competing over the short supply of girls?
    Ugh sounds terrible. On that note, my vote does in fact go to alpha NTs for types likely to engage in stalkerish behavior.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think each type stalks in different ways.

I think INFjs are the sneakiest stalkers. Like they'll never directly communicate w u but they'll gather data from u from afar either online or through friends
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 09-21-2020 at 02:21 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Hinckley Jr. was an EIE-Ni and he was a stalker.

I guess F-type males are the most likely to stalk, probably IEE-Ne, EII-Ne, ESI-Fi, and EIE and IEI w/ the first three being more likely than the last two. Occasionally, an SLE (Ted Bundy) or an LSI (Dennis Rader) might do some stalking w/ intent to rape, but it's not common and they're not very serious when they do it (although they may be dangerous when they do it).

I'd guess Deltas NF Intuitive subtypes are the least likely to be stalking victims, due to them "going natural" and their low public demonstrations of sexuality, their low sexual attractiveness, and their low demonstration of emotions.

ILE-Ti are definitely the most common stalking victims (reasons include but are not limited to: them being frequent and popular business owners, attractiveness, wearing make up and applying it well, vast majority being females like the vast majority of stalking victims are, seductiveness, appears very friendly sometimes, O negative blood type, in the public eye lot, appearing dramatic).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's doubtful to link strongly with concrete types. Also there are significant situation's specifics: what is a task, how long, is that activity legal, is there a harm, etc

> observing from a distance

To the term "stalkering", as it has negative sense, is appropriately relate only illegal and harmful activity.

CIA, Apple and Facebook are today the most known "stalkers" of USA.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    I think each type stalks in different ways.

I think INFjs are the sneakiest stalkers. Like they'll never directly communicate w u but they'll gather data from u from afar either online or through friends
    I am guilty of doing this in the past, lol. It was VERY subtle yes.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had this EII-Ne friend who was kinda obsessed with me (or friends in general idk) and when we go out she was always mentioning stuff from my social networks. Things like..."oh, I saw that your bf posted something in your wall" or "your sister share things with you so often I'm jealous!" etc...I think she didn't even give likes. It was just like stalking or smth.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me. I'll stalk you and torture you, cut your body to pieces and spread the body parts through wherever you live at.

Then i'll eat a sandwich and fap to the thought of your rotting body parts.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stalk people before getting to know them, and I look what are their interests.
    Was a heavy stalker for some time in the past, but it turned out to be addiction, so I changed myself.

I dont think it's type related, just like mental health
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    Me. I'll stalk you and torture you, cut your body to pieces and spread the body parts through wherever you live at.

Then i'll eat a sandwich and fap to the thought of your rotting body parts.
    Hotttttt

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol am I the only one here who forgets he has a relationship with someone if they aren't physically around & don't call?

Dunno, never stalked anyone be4... kinda creepy..

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged