Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPG "Mob rules"

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I wondered if it was a basilisk, lol. Too rusty in my D&D bestiary. I throw the basilisk as far as I can towards the dwarf's bedroom, maybe it'll cause them some trouble. It's time to retreat back the way I came in.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Damn, I wondered if it was a basilisk, lol. Too rusty in my D&D bestiary. I throw the basilisk as far as I can towards the dwarf's bedroom, maybe it'll cause them some trouble. It's time to retreat back the way I came in.
    []

You roll 03:52 PM
    You toss the basilisk over the fence and straight onto a goblin that was trying to jump over the flask. They both fall on the firejet. The basilisk bolts over the goblin into the next room. The goblin chooses to roll around dying.
    The dwarf tosses another flask, this time of a pink liquid toward you but the flask hits the fence and breaks to no obvious magical effect.
    There's general shrieking of goblins one dies of a basilisk bite.

You feel your muscles start moving better as you bolt and now get the cooking flame flask.

What do you do?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    []

You roll 03:52 PM
    You toss the basilisk over the fence and straight onto a goblin that was trying to jump over the flask. They both fall on the firejet. The basilisk bolts over the goblin into the next room. The goblin chooses to roll around dying.
    The dwarf tosses another flask, this time of a pink liquid toward you but the flask hits the fence and breaks to no obvious magical effect.
    There's general shrieking of goblins one dies of a basilisk bite.

You feel your muscles start moving better as you bolt and now get the cooking flame flask.

What do you do?
    I position the cooking flame flask as a higher mounted autocannon towards the door so that it'll catch the ones who try to get over the flask on the ground.
    Then I retreat towards the other door to avoid getting hit by the dwarf's thrown flasks.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look for a way to position the flask as you described. You notice a side-table which you could push in front of the doorway as an additional obstacle and support for the flask. You rush for the table and start pushing it towards the doorway.
    At this point the door that has been burning all this time crashes down on the larger flask. The flask explodes. Fire and shrapnel fly everywhere including towards you.
    You are now at 15% health.

After the explosion, the ruckus in the next room has died down. Everything is silent.

Looking into the next room there's half-burnt goblin corpses and a petrified bugbear on the floor but no dwarf. The basilisk seems to be still moving but seems severely wounded and isn't looking into your direction right now. The dwarf is nowhere to be seen.

What do you do?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look for a way to position the flask as you described. You notice a side-table which you could push in front of the doorway as an additional obstacle and support for the flask. You rush for the table and start pushing it towards the doorway.
    At this point the door that has been burning all this time crashes down on the larger flask. The flask explodes. Fire and shrapnel fly everywhere including towards you.
    You are now at 15% health.

After the explosion, the ruckus in the next room has died down. Everything is silent.

Looking into the next room there's half-burnt goblin corpses and a petrified bugbear on the floor but no dwarf. The basilisk seems to be still moving but seems severely wounded and isn't looking into your direction right now. The dwarf is nowhere to be seen.

What do you do?
    It's time to end this. I take the flask and use it as a weapon while advancing into the dwarf's room to finish him off. If the dwarf isn't in the room, i shoot the basilisk dead before the fucker tries to petrify me again.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You point the small cooking flask's flame at basilisk. It's heavily wounded but it turns around and hisses at you.

You roll (07:54). You dodge the gaze attack. At this point you realize the small flame of the cooking flask does less damage and has less reach than your axe... so you slice the basilisk's head off.

The dwarf is not there. There's altogether six goblin corpses, one dead bugbear and a dead basilisk. The east door is open. Somebody is knocking behind the south door in a polite, wary way. The west door seems to have a lock.

What do you do?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I open the south door, ready to swing at them if it's someone hostile.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lone goblin guard with a short spear stand in front of you. He's sucking on his left index finger and looks very frightened.
    Looking at you and your bloody axe he shakes a bit and talks
    -You kill beard guy?

What do you do?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say that he isn't dead yet but severely wounded and probably fleeing. But that we should hunt him down to make sure he stays dead. I ask him what's behind the west door, if the dwarf might have gone that way or if he's gone east through the open door. I tell him to go first and that I'll cut off his head if he tries anything funny.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The goblin nods and says
    -Ummm. Yes. Me want kill dwarf too.

When you question if the dwarf could have gone east, the goblin looks puzzled and after thinking for a while says
    -Door open.

Then the little guy points at the west door
    -Dwarf stuff. Hide stuff. ...

He pulls a metal wire from his pants and wriggles it, points at the west door
    -Open?

What do you do?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The goblin nods and says
    -Ummm. Yes. Me want kill dwarf too.

When you question if the dwarf could have gone east, the goblin looks puzzled and after thinking for a while says
    -Door open.

Then the little guy points at the west door
    -Dwarf stuff. Hide stuff. ...

He pulls a metal wire from his pants and wriggles it, points at the west door
    -Open?

What do you do?
    I nod at him to open the door to the dwarf's treasure chamber while keeping an eye on him and the other on the dwarf returning.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes the goblin a good while to get the lock open but eventually he manages to do so.
    Meanwhile at one point you think you hear some goblin voices south but they're far away. Otherwise everything is quiet.

Behind the west door is what must indeed be the rotdwarf's treasure. Against the far wall is a pile of four rugs on which there is the petrified egg that you're looking for. Otherwise the floor of the room is covered by a pile of coins, mostly copper and silver it seems, but you can definitely see some gold there too. Finally there's a chest made of lead.

The goblin smiles and says
    -Good stuff.

What do you do?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes the goblin a good while to get the lock open but eventually he manages to do so.
    Meanwhile at one point you think you hear some goblin voices south but they're far away. Otherwise everything is quiet.

Behind the west door is what must indeed be the rotdwarf's treasure. Against the far wall is a pile of four rugs on which there is the petrified egg that you're looking for. Otherwise the floor of the room is covered by a pile of coins, mostly copper and silver it seems, but you can definitely see some gold there too. Finally there's a chest made of lead.

The goblin smiles and says
    -Good stuff.

What do you do?
    I grab the egg and some of the more valuable coins. As much as I can carry without slowing myself down too much, throwing away some of the garbage I might be carrying. I tell the goblin that he should take what he wants and ask if the other goblins in the south would side with the dwarf or not.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you move for the egg, the goblin chooses to stab you in the back.
    His spear pokes through your neck and you don't feel so good.
    You're at 0% health and dying.

The goblin enters the room and starts piling coins into a bag.

A winged stone creature, about the size of a small monkey jumps from its hiding place above the door and starts tearing into the goblin.

(you roll 10:30 PM) one succeeded death save.

A secret door opens in the north wall. The dwarf enters through the secret door laughing evilly.

The goblin keeps shrieking, the stone creatures claws tearing into it.

(next random number for 10:30 PM) One failed death save.

The dwarf gives you a kick resulting in another death save fail.
    -Whoever you are, outsider... you were almost good enough. Haw haw haw. And as for you, Mullog, that's what a traitor gets! He goes to stand over the bloody carnage of the stone creature tossing bits of the goblin all over the place.

(next random number for 10:30 PM) Critical success. You're at 5% health.

You gasp. The spear. It wasn't through your neck but through your shoulder muscles. You pull it away and slowly lift yourself.

What do you do?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kill the dwarf if it's the last thing I do.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(You roll 11:13 PM)

You sink your axe into the dwarf's skull.

The dwarf drops.

The stone statue stops its movement.

Everything is quiet.

You slowly collect the gold and you find some platinum coins that you stuff into your bags. Then you pick the petrified egg.

What do you do?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I check the dwarf's corpse and the pile for more healing potions like I'd seen him use before. After that I retreat through his secret door, aware that there's probably a bunch of goblins coming. I close the treasure chamber door behind me in case it's possible to make it look like it's locked (or actually lock it).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You exit through the secret door covering your tracks. The passage leads up in a slow incline eventually leadin you out into a small ice cave. You're less than a mile from where you started but on the other side of a hill, hidden.

The goblins never find you and you make your way home, victorious and rich!

(though no healing potion)

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woohoo, this was a good game. Great DM work, loved it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Woohoo, this was a good game. Great DM work, loved it.
    Thanks. Couldn't have done it without you. That was a lot of fun.

I hope the audience had fun as well.

I might even try another one at some point. This one was a remake of a module called Jade Hare, originally made for a larger group and in a desert setting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12