Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma fun

How do gammas like to have fun? How do gammas like to relax and unwind after work? How do gammas like to play? The alpha quadra has the reputation of being the fun quadra but I wanna know how members of the gamma quadra like to play and have fun.

When I was younger, when I did party, I did it like I was a frat boy. These days, I get energized by activites that have a competitive element to them like video games or martial arts. When I hung out with a group that had a core of mostly alphas, I seemed to differ in my desire for intensity in my experiences.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consume a lot of tv and movies and research studies for fun.

My buddies always come by or call and we go talk and eat. I dont usualy initiate that, and I've read entj's rely on their friends to do that.

I bike to relax...or dance..

I listen to music

In my midtwenties I went clubbing a lot, even by myself just to dance and be around humans

I usually only play board games if I'm trying to make a good impression on someone. i loathe most games. i just get bored, and they seem meaningless to me. I like group activity, though

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    I also did martial arts (picked that for myself when I was 7 above the other sports) and I really enjoy competitive video games too. Hmm, I like reading fiction books, or consuming escapist media, but it's not really fun when I have to do that on my own. I like discussing it with others and watching films is a social activity for me because I talk through them. I don't like clubs but I live for house parties and going to the park with friends and chilling.

My favorite way to unwind is shared physical activity, though. Hiking together, running, kayaking, and the most fun is volleyball. It has everything I find fun: sport, competition, and friends. I'd say basketball or football too but I don't know how to play those well, so...
    I been thinking of taking up martial arts, but I'd prefer someone to do it with me. One of my friends who sometimes goes hiking with me mentioned kayaking, & that sounded fun too. I'm like I'm definitely down for anything like that anytime, because those are the same things I think about wanting to do.

Basketball is my favorite sport. You'd probably like it if you practiced a bit.

Sport, competition, & friends are the 3 things I'd say I find fun, too. Maybe I'm not alpha, since I seem to relate to what everyone's said in this thread so far.

Boxing & kickboxing have been some others I've been thinking about too.

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
    Boxing & kickboxing have been some others I've been thinking about too.
    Have you looked into muay thai (thai kickboxing)? Its brutal. I love it.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falk View Post
    Have you looked into muay thai (thai kickboxing)? Its brutal. I love it.
    I've heard of it. I'll go look up videos on. I'd definitely be down to try it out.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Timur was correct, then what I am about to say has a place here.

Mainly, reading about topics that I have an interest in (I tend to be quite, quite obsessive and overbearing about some topics), playing video games (lately I only play grand strategy games, Paradox style) and so on. Watching movies or series, I can do it, but so far I have seen very few because I get bored, I need to get involved or doing the thing to not get bored. When I was younger I was in a local boxing club, but that was mainly to learn to defend myself and as I did not see progress and I was a teenager, I stopped going. Right now I am in a moment of total paralysis.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falk View Post
    How do gammas like to have fun? How do gammas like to relax and unwind after work? How do gammas like to play? The alpha quadra has the reputation of being the fun quadra but I wanna know how members of the gamma quadra like to play and have fun.

When I was younger, when I did party, I did it like I was a frat boy. These days, I get energized by activites that have a competitive element to them like video games or martial arts. When I hung out with a group that had a core of mostly alphas, I seemed to differ in my desire for intensity in my experiences.
    As life is ultimately a game, so we also play games. A night of AD&D/Tabletop RPG's where all understand that your PC is is just as expendable as the meatshields you employ depending upon the whims of the dice to the GM as was intended by Gary himself.

Some chess perhaps? That's always fun. Or perhaps a real Science Experiment or two. Y'know, let's see if we can make some actual Black Powder and set off a small boom without killing ourselves. I mean, if we do it's both fun and practical! Now we all know how to make functional black powder in a way that won't cost us body parts! That's damn useful and also fun for everyone!

Or, y'know, just play a challenging video game. For example, I know tons of people belonging to other quadras but I can't get them to play Dark Souls with me even after I've swore to essentially carry them through each encounter (though they have demanding schedules so there's that). FromSoftware's very gamma BTW. That other quadra's like what they have to offer speaks to our ultimately universal appeal when the chips are down. When all seems lost and the darkness is at it's deepest, count on a Gamma to extend the middle finger and press on .

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

things I dislike about games:

Board games/card: I mostly dislike the manufactured and imaginary and antagonistic goals. Nothing useful is happening. You're not coming together and getting anything actually accomplished. And that would be fine if you were bonding and enjoying each other, but most games are unnecessarily constructed on antagonism. I find that weird. I glory in seeing humanity as a team. It's weird and kinda stupid, to me, to fight amongst ourselves. And even though it's just playfighting, it still affects us psychologically (see rage quits, game board flips, and that pissed face on your cousin when you won at Monopoly in middle school)

my ex would get really sneery at ppl he played with and act super arrogant if he was winning. That seemed pretty gross to me. I got super into the game and won, and he looked deflated and said it wasn't fun anymore.

Guild Wars: deeply boring for me. my ex was astounded "you're really good at this!" when all i did was realize pressing a three-key sequence rapidly (all three of your main combat options) was all you had to do (without even paying attention to the game) and you'd win. It made me kinda depressed. He'd spend hours playing something that simple. Just seemed deeply uninspiring and pointless and easy to me.

Rainbow Six: I actually liked this game back in the day...when you were all prolly wee bairns or not even zygotes yet.
    compelling purpose and pretty realistic, stimulating in-game play.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    things I dislike about games:

Board games/card: I mostly dislike the manufactured and imaginary and antagonistic goals. Nothing useful is happening. You're not coming together and getting anything actually accomplished. And that would be fine if you were bonding and enjoying each other, but most games are unnecessarily constructed on antagonism. I find that weird. I glory in seeing humanity as a team. It's weird and kinda stupid, to me, to fight amongst ourselves. And even though it's just playfighting, it still affects us psychologically (see rage quits, game board flips, and that pissed face on your cousin when you won at Monopoly in middle school)
    Lol I agree

As a tangent I find all games difficult to get behind, even sports to a degree. Wasting one’s life on imaginary goals (that aren’t even prosocial or terribly interesting or exciting) makes me go insane.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Lol I agree

As a tangent I find all games difficult to get behind, even sports to a degree. Wasting one’s life on imaginary goals (that aren’t even prosocial or terribly interesting or exciting) makes me go insane.
    I completely agree with this. I've never played a video game in my life. All my efforts go into playing the game of my life.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the period of life that I focused particularly on Ni, my fun was:
    1) networking
    2) looking at my investments, making investment plans
    3) flirting
    4) lecturing
    5) zoning out looking at patterns

Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have fun by:
    - Working on the side after work
    - Continuing my side projects or starting a new one
    - Reading and practicing occult stuff (like reading tarot)
    - Doing nothing the whole day (I do this when I experience burn out), listening to music on the side
    - Going out with a friend, eating out and trying new stuff with them
    - Splurging on some new clothes or anything that I think is useful in the house
    - Spending time with my family and talking to them
    - Going for a walk

I don't do these to have fun:
    - Partying, drinking
    - Playing games
    - Playing sports