Thread: The hero spirit of LSE that deltas like

TIM
    IEE-Ne 479 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The hero spirit of LSE that deltas like

After all these threads about the negative aspects of LSE, I wanted to put out there a thing I and EIIs I know have admired about LSE. They have this fighting spirit & they have grit, but not like Se egos where it's over the top/uncontrolled and seems a bit selfish. Sometimes it's coupled with a kind of selfless heroism; a good example for that is the Canadian LSE-Si Terry Fox. He crossed half of Canada on one leg at 19 to collect money for cancer research; he knew his life was doomed by cancer and yet found a reason to fight:

Here another video.

I had a LSE teacher who had dedicated his whole life to environmental causes for example; organising rallies, going to protests and such. He was an inspiration to us all(I studied environmental sciences).
    Only there occasionally

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and because of this controlled Se you often see that the heroes in action movies are LSE.

shitposter extraordinaire
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESTj martial arts coach was a sergeant (iirc) in the army. He values toughness but, unlike my ESTp coach, doesn't seem to demand it in others. I respect him.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falk View Post
    My ESTj martial arts coach was a sergeant (iirc) in the army. He values toughness but, unlike my ESTp coach, doesn't seem to demand it in others. I respect him.
    This is what I associate with LSEs. Very strong willed, but they don't push it onto others much. An LSE could make a great army poster boy.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positive traits of a sociotype are not behavioral nor personal (as the one example that OP posted, that is probably due to things alien to informational metabolism) but skills related to it's information metabolism.

I'll speak from my personal experience.
    LSEs know perfectly well when to apply pressure and threaten, and when not (as I imagine an SLE might), sometimes this can go very wrong or very good.
    Generally, if we add that they tend to be quite polite and respectful, as well as tremendously observant, the result is a person capable of reading others, applying pressure strategically, avoiding unnecessary confrontation with those who are not convenient to confront, and threaten and intimidate those whom they know they can placate without problems psychologically (either because of differences in social capital, because of sheer strength or because of different levels of willpower) without hesitation. An attitude that can lead them to easily position themselves in new competitive work environments or to effectively defend what they want to defend, without worsening situations to the point of violence.We could say that an LSE is capable of carrying out what an SLE can do, but effectively and conveniently, without the need for major altercations.
    The truth is that, from a negative point of view, by doing this they can project pernicious intentions for miles, even when their underlying intentions or motivations are not as negative as they may seem.

If what I write does not fit the LSE sociotype, please suggest alternative diagnoses for the person I describe.

⚢ Ψ^(`∀“#)↝ object class Euclid Cybel's Avatar
    TIM
    SLI-Te C 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bHm the LSEs I know are too busy with work to be championing just causes, lol, but I could easily see it happening. They aren't scared of getting rough and dirty.

I have seen a particular "tender" side they have that most people don't realize exist, and unfairly put them into the irredeemable asshole corner. The ones with a semblance of a soul can be very good at instilling confidence and be very encouraging in a gentle Te fatherly way. My LSE friend earnestly helped me with the mountain of schoolwork I accumulated (something she is very good at), when everyone else left me to dry.

Like this:

They can be pushy and fussy but usually not in a Se way, unless they dislike you or think your character doesn't match up with their ideals (abhors laziness). An LSE that likes you is very useful, maybe easy to manipulate and sometimes almost naļve in that aspect. My LSE dad never suspected his wife was cheating on him despite numerous signs until she told him.

edit: Most LSEs are like the ones mentioned above and usually develop a more flexible ethical attitudes towards people as they grow by themselves. Some really are just irredeemable assholes and don't seem to improve much with age. If someone's an asshole no matter their type or whether they have a "good side deep deep down" you have to cut that shit off immediately. Some EIIs and idealistic people in general just don't understand that some people don't improve, they don't get better. There's a difference between an ethically awkward person who makes mistakes but is willing to better themselves and just-a-dick.
    Last edited by Cybel; 10-08-2020 at 06:21 PM.
    burrito bitch​

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    Hm the LSEs I know are too busy with work to be championing just causes, lol, but I could easily see it happening. They aren't scared of getting rough and dirty.

I have seen a particular "tender" side they have that most people don't realize exist, and unfairly put them into the irredeemable asshole corner. The ones with a semblance of a soul can be very good at instilling confidence and be very encouraging in a gentle Te fatherly way. My LSE friend earnestly helped me with the mountain of schoolwork I accumulated (something she is very good at), when everyone else left me to dry.

They can be pushy and fussy but usually not in a Se way, unless they dislike you or think your character doesn't match up with their ideals (abhors laziness). An LSE that likes you is very useful, maybe easy to manipulate and sometimes almost naļve in that aspect. My LSE dad never suspected his wife was cheating on him despite numerous signs until she told him.
    The suggestive is weak and infantile, but it's always there. T bases always have a hidden part of them especially vulnerable to emotional appeals. In mature individuals it's assimilated into their conscious personality. I believe this is what the role function is: that is, an attempt to integrate the suggestive into the base. For instance, since Te bases can't express Fi as Fi, they become (when mature) friendly and expressive in order to express their care for and interest in people. It's not pure Fe; it's done with the intent of establishing relations that would look like Fi. Likewise Ti bases can't express Fe, so a strict moral sense is woven into their thoughts and view of reality, which allows them to express their infantile ethical side in a manner more natural to them than Fe-expression, and helps provoke other people's emotional expression as well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESTJ are known to effectively organize and raise money for causes because they know how to organize.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html