Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarPath View Post
    I could be a decisive ethical extrovert that was mistyped as ESI. I was in my "lecture mode" when I was making my typing video, so that could have skewed typings towards xSI.

My Rationale for 1D Ti over 1D Te:
    - Tends to not care much about logical consistency; cares much more about moral consistency
    - Makes a lot of silly mistakes
    - Quite efficient, factual, and leads people easily
    - Very outwardly emotive
    - Energetic
    - Does not like a lot of subjects that deals with too much Ti (such as math, coding, and engineering)
    Outwardly emotive and ESI? Doubt.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    That could make sense. I don't think that any of the xSIs are very outwardly emotive. SEEs definitely can be outwardly emotive, and EIEs as well.

I tend to daydream a lot, visualize fictional worlds, and create fictional characters a lot. Doesn't sound like 1D Ne. I do tend to catastrophize and jump to conclusions because I want to make decisions quickly, however.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could make sense. I don't think that any of the xSIs are very outwardly emotive. SEEs definitely can be outwardly emotive, and EIEs as well.
    LSI will be in the right company (Fe-suggestive). Around Fe-egos they'll light up a lot more.

ESI not so much—Fe-Ignoring often looks akin to Fe PoLR. While ESI can be bubbly at times, it's often a facade to hide feeling uncomfortable.

I tend to daydream a lot, visualize fictional worlds, and create fictional characters a lot. Doesn't sound like 1D Ne.
    This isn't unusual for introverts of all stripes. Will hinge more on trait Openness, not Ne.

I do tend to catastrophize and jump to conclusions because I want to make decisions quickly, however.
    Generally comports with Se/Ni-valuing.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI will be in the right company (Fe-suggestive). Around Fe-egos they'll light up a lot more.

ESI not so much—Fe-Ignoring often looks akin to Fe PoLR. While ESI can be bubbly at times, it's often a facade to hide feeling uncomfortable.

This isn't unusual for introverts of all stripes. Will hinge more on trait Openness, not Ne.

Generally comports with Se/Ni-valuing.

I think that I definitely value Se/Ni in Socionics. Silly me for thinking I was a delta rational. LII is even sillier.

EIE-Ni perhaps? I think that I am much more ExxJ-ish than IEIs are; I tend to be very productive and ambitious. My Te seems to be normative (fairly efficient, has a decent grasp on procedures, uses factual arguments when I am not stressed/judgmental). 1D Ti could manifest as my resistance to logical frameworks, aspiration to be more logical, and caring much more about moral consistency over logical consistency.

I also have this belief that I can "will my way through life," which can look like blind optimism. I tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that I definitely value Se/Ni in Socionics. Silly me for thinking I was a delta rational. LII is even sillier.

EIE-Ni perhaps? I think that I am much more ExxJ-ish than IEIs are; I tend to be very productive and ambitious. My Te seems to be normative (fairly efficient, has a decent grasp on procedures, uses factual arguments when I am not stressed/judgmental). 1D Ti could manifest as my resistance to logical frameworks, aspiration to be more logical, and caring much more about moral consistency over logical consistency.

I also have this belief that I can "will my way through life," which can look like blind optimism. I tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac.
    Extroverted rational would be my guess at the moment. Why Fe>Te-valuing?

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extroverted rational would be my guess at the moment. Why Fe>Te-valuing?
    I would say I am probably an ethical type, because I heavily weight morals and ethics in my decision-making process. I feel the need to influence people and achieve my goals. I am very emotionally expressive, like I said.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say I am probably an ethical type, because I heavily weight morals and ethics in my decision-making process. I feel the need to influence people and achieve my goals. I am very emotionally expressive, like I said.
    Would opt for EIE then, yeah. LIE wouldn't care much about influencing people, and ESI would care even less so apart from those inside their personal circle. Neither are terribly expressive.

EIE is also likely to act in whatever they conceive the public interest or prevailing normative imperatives to be (though this may be subject to their uh, creative discretion). Whereas ESI doesn't give a shit about any of this.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hi

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hahaha LIEs too dominant and blunt lmaoooooo

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Hahaha LIEs too dominant and blunt lmaoooooo
    Am I misjudging LIEs?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Duals have a knack for seeing, understanding and pointing out each others weaknesses and foibles. Usually, someone has to have a fair amount of maturity in order to appreciate the insight. Younger people tend to have thinner skins so I can see them hating such revelations; however, some people never toughen up and there are others who're habitually cruel but these traits have nothing to do with type. As I have said in other posts, duality is potentially helpful but not necessarily desired.

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I misjudging LIEs?
    Plenty can be arrogant. Duals are just less phased about their ostensible faults.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Am I misjudging LIEs?
    Your impressions of LIEs are the impressions of your experience. Valid, but limited. And no man may ripen a field before harvest season. You might need to actually meet some Duals to fully inform your opinions.

I know about twenty-five LIEs in real life. I didn't start meeting them until I was about thirty and started my first business, and then I started meeting them more frequently. Most of them are jerks, and half of them are obvious assholes. But the good ones can be very good men in a storm.

Perhaps you haven't been in a storm yet, or perhaps you haven't tried and tried and tried to do something and kept failing at it, until your life is a smoking crater. If not, your Duals will just seem to you to be weird guys who might tease you or reject you because you are so different from all the things which have made them successful. Living a sheltered and ignorant life goes both ways.

But if you do find yourself standing alone on a blasted heath one day with no one around who will extend a helping hand, then in those circumstances, a healthy Dual can be the only one who can provide effective help.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Plenty can be arrogant. Duals are just less phased about their ostensible faults.
    The word is Fazed, dude.

* And does this prove your point? *
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 03-16-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

F

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    S types have higher anxiety tension.
    Interesting... I can see it--like for having vulnerable Ne, for myself as an ESI.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the difference between conflict and duality? Asking for a friend.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123