Thread: Which tritype would you like to date/befriend..which enneagram are you drawn to?

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which tritype would you like to date/befriend..which enneagram are you drawn to?

I’d like to meet a 749..again..(with 7 as main enneagram). I like 7s a lot.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am drawn to 8s and 1s I like firm and resolute people @DirectorAbbie

She’s my cousin’s twin
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1: I like people who have 1 in their tritype.
    2: People who are 2s can get annoying, though they're well-meaning.
    3: I don't know many 3s. I guess they're okay.
    4: I like being around healthy 4s. Unhealthy 4s not so much. That's probably true of every type, but I seem to like 4s more than others do.
    5: Kinda boring, but better if they're 4 wings.
    6: Same as for 4s. I like 6s.
    7. They're okay, but they seem to be the most popular, and I don't see the appeal. They can be annoying.
    8. I don't like being around them. It's fine to have 8 in one's tritype though.
    9. They're fine.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In her article this lady says we have an enneagram dual it’s funny I do seem to be the enneagram dual of a lot of my mates..(after figuring out their tritypes) and I like 7s and they are supposed to be mine. I dunno how she figures it out but it’s interesting. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/typev...gram-dual/amp/

she also says we get on with people who we have a similar tritype too..(possibly causing annoying crushes lol)

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I am drawn to 8s and 1s I like firm and resolute people @DirectorAbbie

She’s my cousin’s twin
    do you mean they are similar? I am starting to pick up on people’s tritypes..it’s funny noticing the similarities between people (who are totally different socionics types) I mean I may have picked up on this stuff without personality type knowledge but I doubt as much

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyrose View Post
    In her article this lady says we have an enneagram dual it’s funny I do seem to be the enneagram dual of a lot of my mates..(after figuring out their tritypes) and I like 7s and they are supposed to be mine. I dunno how she figures it out but it’s interesting. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/typev...gram-dual/amp/

she also says we get on with people who we have a similar tritype too..(possibly causing annoying crushes lol)
    Interesting, but it looks like the "most beneficial type" list is just a list of [reverse] flow direction.

As a triple-compliant, I got this: "126 (The Supporter): Type 4, 5, 9"
    But then: "459 (The Contemplative): Type 3, 7, 8"
    So I'm not my duals's dual? That's not dualism then.

There's also "378 (The Mover & Shaker): Type 1, 2, 6" but 3, 7, and 8 are my least-favorite of each triad.

Looks like the recommendation is just to share one bit in tritype.

What I relate to in order:
    1, 6, 5, 2, 9, 7, 3, 8, 4

What I prefer in order (afaik):
    6, 4, 1, 9, 5, 2, 3, 7, 8

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie View Post
    Interesting, but it looks like the "most beneficial type" list is just a list of [reverse] flow direction.

As a triple-compliant, I got this: "126 (The Supporter): Type 4, 5, 9"
    But then: "459 (The Contemplative): Type 3, 7, 8"
    So I'm not my duals's dual? That's not dualism then.

There's also "378 (The Mover & Shaker): Type 1, 2, 6" but 3, 7, and 8 are my least-favorite of each triad.

Looks like the recommendation is just to share one bit in tritype.

What I relate to in order:
    1, 6, 5, 2, 9, 7, 3, 8, 4

What I prefer in order (afaik):
    6, 4, 1, 9, 5, 2, 3, 7, 8
    I think it's saying that for some types you have more than one enneagram dual so a 126 tritype would like 4s, 5s and 9s. And yes it is not duality because you will not be your dual's dual :s But I think it says that one partner being the dual will create a type of 'social glue'. So for example I have been friends with lots of 268s and have a had 146/126 close friends too and their dual can be 9 (me). They weren't necessarily healthiest friendships.. but I have def had frequent friendships (some very good) with these types.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threes and Sevens are the most appealing to me, while I find Fives and Nines to be the least appealing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

do you mean they are similar? I am starting to pick up on people’s tritypes..it’s funny noticing the similarities between people (who are totally different socionics types) I mean I may have picked up on this stuff without personality type knowledge but I doubt as much
    I mean I am just naturally drawn to 1 and 8 although my husband is a 6 so
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I mean I am just naturally drawn to 1 and 8 although my husband is a 6 so
    oh soz I meant is @DirectorAbbie similar to your cousin?

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    I like 5s, 3s, and 9s.
    2s, 6s and 1s stress me out (I feel like it's just a matter of time before I hurt their feelings).
    I am neutral towards 4s, 7s, and 8s.

So I tend to like 359, 369, 459, 379, 479, 378, 478.

259s, 469s, 468, 145 can be a mixed bag

136, 146, 126, 268, 269 can cause friction
    Do you feel like you can spot people’s tritypes quite easily? I’m kinda new to it..but finding it interesting to read about

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also interesting if people share their own tritype or enneagram type too so we can see which types might like us!

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting! I need to read up on a bit more coz atm I’m just going by my basic enneagram type knowledge (and tritype descriptions but those can be vague)

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6 2w3 9w8 so/sx would be nice, I think.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that I am the most drawn to 5s, 7s, and 9s. I like the intellectualism that 5s have. The shared love for learning new things makes it easy to connect with them.

As for 7s and 9s - I like them because they have opposing energies to me. I like the spontaneity that 7s bring to the deliberateness that I have of an enneagram 1. I also like 9s because they are chill. I have this need to be always "on" and productive - their calmness balances this need out.

As for tritypes, I would like to befriend someone with the 792, 952, or 953 tritype.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which tritype would you like to date/befriend..which enneagram are you drawn to?

Any of them is fine. Enneagrams is about facing one’s fears and weaknesses, nothing to do with how people relate to one another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://istj-hedonist.tumblr.com/pos...ne-of-the-most

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who cares, any of them is fine as long as I like the person.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tritype, that's very specific.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    Tritype, that's very specific.
    Hm I met a 749 estp once..

I dunno I feel like the tritype descriptions (brief though they are) are a bit nicer than general enneagram by itself/sociotype descriptions. I like thinking of people in terms of a tritype atm. A mix of enneagram types appeals..like they have all the possibilities of those types within them.

For some reason it feels like a positive way of thinking about someone. At the same time, it makes me think of people in a simple way-they have 3 out of 9 enneagram types..no one can have more..no one is perfect. If you imagined a perfect friend/partner, what types would you choose? It’d be hard to choose and that makes me appreciate how important variety is in the people we spend our lives with. I like that there are 24 tritypes yet there is so much variety in those types...I like the neatness crossed with variety..

I quite enjoy noticing people’s tritypes, feels like I’m noticing a special energy about them/an energy they share with other people. Sometimes it stands out

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx instinct. I'm not drawn to any specific types, but 6s 1s and 3s are too high strung for me. 7s are fun to hang with but too flakey.

I also don't believe in enneagram duality.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked up Katherine Fauvre and her husband earlier- I think they are duals. Entp and Isfp. They have said they are 847 and 468 tritypes (order may not be correct soz). Also both sx first.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Befriend? I can befriend anyone.

But if we're talking about which enneagram we're drawn to, ok, I'm enneagram 8, and tritype 835, I'm drawn into someone who is an 8, 3, or 5.
    Other than that, I enjoy 7s and admire 2s.

I actually don't like the 1s, 6s, and 4s.
    Yes, the 4s. That explains why I'm not interested in ESI and EII, my dual and semidual, because most of them e4.

But I really, really like someone who has Sx in their instinctual stacks, but I don't like So-first.

So if could choose, other than my own tritype, my best pick would be tritype 279/729/927/972 Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp or Sx/So (with Te/Fi or Fi/Te).

Call me maybe. Lol
    Last edited by Scarlett; 01-19-2021 at 01:51 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 core: mixed, generally positive, but awkward re quadra values; fix: high compatibility
    2 core: mixed, generally positive, easy superficial relations or social settings; fix: hi compatibility
    3 core: great friends, great enemies; fix: idk
    4 core: awkwardness, singular strands of intimacy, generally not functional; fix: mixed
    5 core: detached, light, positive; fix: positive
    6 core: numerous BFF, often easily befriended; fix: positive
    7 core: mixed, fun at a distance, unreliable up close; fix: idk, same as core?
    8 core: great friends, sometimes enemies, but always familiar; fix - unsure. Generally understanding
    9 core: wide variety of dislike to strong appeal - when paired with Sp-first and lower emotional involvement, particularly inert to me; fix: mixed, slightly positive

I'm 8w9

I find 8s to have an interesting divide along a line of 4 and 6s, and maybe most people have an interesting divide along 4 and 6s. I know some 8s who generally have a hard time with 6s natures, and maybe I have an aura that pre-screens out the super phobic ones that I'd generally scare away? But I do ok with them. Some 8s absolutely cannot, and prefer 4s a lot more than I do. I think it has to do with some elements of inherent preference in conflict resolution and reassurance, and what kind of involvements or engagements exist (or are expected). I think it also depends on where someone's Sx is, and what they want or expect from others.

close relationships and intimate relationships are different indeed.

It's funny to observe several ennegram 6s I've been close to have a particular dislike with 9s, and to some extent, 2s. I think 6s have tension with 9s because at their best, 6s act like 9s yes......... but the way 9s are at average health, or lower than average, seems to really grate with most 6s, esp CP 6s, preferences for handling things.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are my impressions/concerns based on my experience as of now but I do not take e-type and compatibility as all that...cut and dry or predictive. Basically I’m still open to any type despite my experiences.

1: the non-aggressive, softer, gentler 1s such as Harmozing sub could be compatible. I steer clear of domineering/aggressive ones.
    2: core - unsure; fix - for me, pretty attractive
    3: unsure/neutral
    4: not enough difference for chemistry
    5: fear of abandonment
    6: not scared off by them, feel comfortable around them. Romantic compatibility or attraction tho - idk
    7: some may be attractive but getting close to them might be bad for me
    8: no attraction
    9: somehow one of the most attractive types to me, but emotionally absent
    Last edited by necrosebud; 02-18-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post

It's funny to observe several ennegram 6s I've been close to have a particular dislike with 9s, and to some extent, 2s. I think 6s have tension with 9s because at their best, 6s act like 9s yes......... but the way 9s are at average health, or lower than average, seems to really grate with most 6s, esp CP 6s, preferences for handling things.
    I am 9 and I think I feel the same way about 6s. I admire them..but also find some of them annoying. Sometimes very haha. I think the right 6 could be pretty cool..

I get on well with 5s, 2s and 7s. 7s are probs my fave.

1s are intriguing. 9s can be interesting too.

8s and 3s- don’t know many but they seem cool.

4s- I’ve known a couple. Interesting people but it’d take me a while to trust them I think.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

5w6/3/8 sounds hot

I've been ambivalent my possible compatibility with a theoretical 5 over the years but, you know? I think the heart(or whatever) wants what it wants.

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tritypes?What would I like? it's so different about me. we can say "those tritypes which don't hate me!" (includes no tritype, no person).
    my friend says 469 and 459 are good for me. but I doubt they can even get a bit close to me. How I appear, so aggressive, they won't be able to get close.
    I don't see soulmates practical and effective. they can be interesting but realistic, No!

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this is strange. Two of my oldest friends have the same tritypes as my mum and dad. I wouldn’t exactly call them my best friends..but I think I will always be friends with them. Over all, they make me laugh and I feel relaxed around them. I regard them as being a bit misunderstood, and find it hard to ever stay mad at them for long.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20oWARRIORo50 View Post
    Tritypes?What would I like? it's so different about me. we can say "those tritypes which don't hate me!" (includes no tritype, no person).
    my friend says 469 and 459 are good for me. but I doubt they can even get a bit close to me. How I appear, so aggressive, they won't be able to get close.
    I don't see soulmates practical and effective. they can be interesting but realistic, No!
    which tritype are you..?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 7w6 ELVF
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Type that doesn't have 1 in its tritype and is not main emotional (234)
    Ideal:
    Not bossy 8w9 (872)
    Assertive 9w8 (972)
    Sx/sp, sp/Sx, so/sx
    Last edited by Diplomatic Heretic; 03-11-2021 at 10:42 PM.

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    which tritype are you..?

what about you?

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about you?
    I am 946, in that order. My working theory about tritype compatibility atm is:

(for dual couples)

They need to either:

-share the 'heart' part of the tritype
    -share the 'head' part of the tritype
    -share the 'heart and gut' part of the tritype
    -share the ‘heart and head’ part of the tritype

I may be wrong lol, it's just an idea. So for me (946) that would be: 845 (heart), 826 (head), 846 (heart and head). 836, 749 could work according to that theory too but for some reason they don't feel right. 749 is too similar to me and 836 sounds intense.

edit: 847 also? Didn’t think about that..

I know an Estp guy who seems like 738. I think his gf is Infp and 639. My bro is SEE 738 or 783 (it's too complicated to work out the order)..coool guy but we do clash sometimes.

Btw this is for long term, as in marriage.

I read that there can also be E6 Estps but haven’t met one so haven’t included them in the above workings. (631..?)

Instincts need to match too: sp with sp, so with so, sx with sx.

An Istp 539 could be nice too (different idea..)

I hope there isn't anything glaringly wrong with these ideas or I'll have to delete the post later...

edit: I met a guy who I think was 369 once. 369, 258 and 147 are thought to be more balanced tritypes and compatible with a wider range of tritypes...read this somewhere

edit: don’t believe this theory anymore
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 04-06-2021 at 03:38 PM.

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 946, in that order. My working theory about tritype compatibility atm is:

(for dual couples)

They need to either:

-share the 'heart' part of the tritype
    -share the 'head' part of the tritype
    -share the 'heart and gut' part of the tritype
    -share the ‘heart and head’ part of the tritype

I may be wrong lol, it's just an idea. So for me (946) that would be: 845 (heart), 826 (head), 846 (heart and head). 836, 749 could work according to that theory too but for some reason they don't feel right. 749 is too similar to me and 836 sounds intense.

I know an Estp guy who seems like 738. I think his gf is Infp and 639. My bro is SEE 738 or 783 (it's too complicated to work out the order)..coool guy but we do clash sometimes.

Btw this is for long term, as in marriage.

I read that there can also be E6 Estps but haven’t met one so haven’t included them in the above workings.

Instincts need to match too: sp with sp, so with so, sx with sx.

An Istp 539 would be nice too (different idea..)

I hope there isn't anything glaringly wrong these ideas or I'll have to delete the post later...

good tritype.

interesting theory. (personally not so passionate about various theories)

it seems based on this system, people can have more chances to find someone to fit them.

if you like to create theories, do it.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good tritype.

interesting theory. (personally not so passionate about various theories)

it seems based on this system, people can have more chances to find someone to fit them.

if you like to create theories, do it.
    haha. I got so sucked into socionics and got so many things wrong..either the theory works or I am giving up on socionics hahaha. In my head these 'ideal duals' are not even particularly special (not in a mean way..) which makes me feel like I'm not missing out on so much without one I did kinda base the theory on people I know, however, my typings are vague in certainty..some very vague.

837 is a good tritype too

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. I got so sucked into socionics and got so many things wrong..either the theory works or I am giving up on socionics hahaha. In my head these 'ideal duals' are not even particularly special (not in a mean way..) which makes me feel like I'm not missing out on so much without one I did kinda base the theory on people I know, however, my typings are vague in certainty..some very vague.

837 is a good tritype too

interesting. keep going.