Thread: What do you think of this description of the SO/SX instinctual stacking?

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you think of this description of the SO/SX instinctual stacking?

I just came across a post https://www.enneagrammer.com/-blog/sosx-description and I relate to it so much. I don't relate much to other descriptions of this stacking since it makes it seem like they're all good with people, and somewhat extroverted. I'm an introvert, pretty reserved and unsure of myself in social situations. But pretty much obsess over how bad I am at social situations a lot.

This part is something I relate to especially:
    SO/SX are always looking for their "best friend" or partner in each social setting that they enter. Without that person, it’s like they don’t know who they are or how to act. Having that special connection brings them alive and gives them confidence.

I was just thinking about this and how I've always felt confident, like my personality came out more once I had someone by my side. It's like I couldn't fully feel that on my own. For example, I have one specific friend that I go to parties with. When I'm with her I feel like I can dance and enjoy myself and talk to others, whereas if she wasn't there I'd mostly stand there, and watch other people. It's the same when I'm in a relationship with someone.

I want to know if anyone relates to this and whether or not you think its a good description.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part about difficulty sustaining bonds when apart, that's me. I always say I need to hang out with someone often if they're an important person in my life cause when we're apart I find it hard to keep up the friendship/ relationship. Even texting them frequently is something that helps.

I think I'm pretty attuned to pop culture and trends but sometimes felt ashamed of it. Since sometimes people who keep up with that stuff are kind of seem in negative way.

But yea, I relate to this descriptions. I was reading descriptions of so specifically for enneagram 6 and I didn't really like how they made it seem, so I guess the descriptions sans enneagram type to resonate with me.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a stacking that is SP blind, both elements of this stacking are "people-based" in the sense that both SO and SX fulfill their instinctual needs via other people. SP on its own is primarily focused on the self and its body. This sometimes means that SO/SX uses a lot of display to attract people whether they are introverted or extraverted. This could mean clothing, jewelry, hair, memberships, art, music, etc. With SO/SX, social is an open current that invites people in. It could be inviting people for both positive and negative means, but unlike SX/SO, it flows into people. It attracts people. SO/SX has a craving for some kind of interaction whether that be getting a like on social media, getting a compliment on a cool hat, or pissing off a bunch of people. Other stackings can act this way too, but for this stacking, just getting that interaction is instinctual food.
    nah.. don't relate. Hell I don't even have social media apart from this website and lurking account on reddit for LOL ADC builds. What I have to say would get me banned anyway.

The energy of SO/SX can be described as "7ish" in the sense that it is sparkly. This doesn’t necessarily mean happy sparkly, but could also mean lightening shooting out in different directions, the energy of a "spray." Social is associated with the element of "air" because social is the instinct of communication and relationships. The food that SO seeks to eat is "outside," out there in the world. Even very introverted Socials will have some desire to put themselves "out there" in some way via social media, online groups, etc. They won’t necessarily always seek membership or "friends" because they can be both positive or misanthropic, but they will seek interaction. SX is associated with opposing elements such as fire/ice. SX as a supporting player to social adds a spark to social’s "up and out" energy. This is where the sparkler idea comes from. SO/SX has the energy of sending multiple iterations of themselves out in different directions. This is why SO/SX tend to enjoy repeating patterns aesthetically. The trend of wallpaper-like clothing with repeating patterns is a manifestation of the high number of SO/SX designers in the fashion industry. SO/SX can also be seen when "status" is playfully mixed into clothing such as specific hats, royal themes, crests of arms, and costume-like references.
    :/ NOPE again.. I mainly dress in black with one or max 2 natural colors. Prefer to blend in or operate in the shadows than to stand out. The tallest grass gets cut after all.

On that note, SO/SX can roll into SP/SO territory and vice versa. The synflow stackings can often flow into each other. The typing of a person never changes, but there can be elements from other stackings present. When SO/SX looks to its blindspot, it often finds itself in SP/SO land with the easy ebb and flow of a certain "lifestyle." The gounded-ness of SP supported by the secondary element of social focuses on living a certain way, like my home, my clothes, my friends/family, etc. One of the hybrid SP/SO-SO/SX phenomenon in our society is "holidays." The SP/SO gathering together of people to eat and perform rituals mixed with the SO/SX glittering spray of decorations and clinking glasses. One culmination of this in the Western-Christian tradition is the Christmas tree. It’s the SP/SO structure from the earth standing tall as a ritualistic icon but covered in the SO/SX glittering lights and decorations.
    WTF

One of the hardest pills to swallow for Social types, especially SO/SX is the need to be "cool." Being cool means being liked, being interesting, having certain friends/associations, being envied, getting what you want, and being the opposite of a social outcast. Part of why this applies to SO/SX more than any other stacking is because the idea of being "cool" is completely frivolous. It has nothing to do with acquiring any real needs for oneself. It’s entirely focused on the opinions of others and external circumstances. It’s the social need to have connections with the SX need to keep people hooked/interested. SP in the mix is better at helping people wise up and focus on more important things. However, being cool can still apply to other stackings. With SO/SX the attention goes there first. Needing to be liked is deep internal message. One thing that SO/SX will do is put a large emphasis on their unique social badges. So they might turn their attention immediately to their hair colour, clothing, tattoos, etc. When they say, “Here’s my tattoo,” they’re also saying, “I’m the type of person that gets tattoos, I’m in that category. And I’m doing it my own unique way."
    I prefer being an outcast, an extremist, one who does thought-crime or enjoys touching "third rail", one who rejects the system and tries to find a better way, very political, very us vs them or "my team". Even so prefer to fly under the radar and diligently undermine things rather than become a center of attention.

A warlock pretending to be a mage. No real allegiance to groups of people more like allegiance to ideas and ideals. I often find groups of people to be disappointing and herd-like.
    Last edited by SGF; 03-15-2021 at 11:41 AM.