Hybrid View

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    Oh @sbbds you and Trump may share a type but why would that mean you are the same. It's not Trump's type that is the issue.
    I’m just saying that I have a hunch that he has the particular line of thinking that I described and that he’s x kind of person lol. I think it’s reasonable to assume that a lot of his act is ingenuine, and I can relate to it as another Fe HA person. It’d be pretty easy for me to manipulate others by seamlessly constructing a personality with behaviors that are slightly different from my usual ones in order to achieve a particular goal.

I think for Trump, part of the problem may be that it’s seeped into his actual person. I used to have issues distinguishing between how I act towards others (especially between different groups of people) and who my “real self” is. I think a lot of people do, but probably especially beta extroverts. If there is still a decent person inside of him though then it’d be able to use the current position he’s gotten himself in to prevail. If it’s still in there lol.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I’m just saying that I have a hunch that he has the particular line of thinking that I described and that he’s x kind of person lol. I think it’s reasonable to assume that a lot of his act is ingenuine, and I can relate to it as another Fe HA person. It’d be pretty easy for me to manipulate others by seamlessly constructing a personality with behaviors that are slightly different from my usual ones in order to achieve a particular goal.

I think for Trump, part of the problem may be that it’s seeped into his actual person. I used to have issues distinguishing between how I act towards others (especially between different groups of people) and who my “real self” is. I think a lot of people do, but probably especially beta extroverts. If there is still a decent person inside of him though then it’d be able to use the current position he’s gotten himself in to prevail. If it’s still in there lol.
    I think if there is anything decent left in Trump (and I think he's highly damaged from childhood) the presidency isn't where I would like to see some real life "test" of this. And honestly, his actions speak much louder than his words. I see his actions as harmful and an incapacity on his part to understand that. I think he's leading the country to ruin, and in that sense it doesn't matter how he feels inside.

If what you say happened to him I suspect it happened in childhood. Adult Trump despite changes in cognitive ability with age has seemed relatively consistent in interviews. Things leaked of him speaking when it wasn't public show the same personality. The same personality in other words seems to appear in public and "private."

If you're arguing Trump is lost to himself btw, that to me is an argument for him not being in office. Someone lost to themselves can't lead wisely or well. A shell of a man that once was leading a nation? Not good.

Also I don't want to get into a vote for him/don't vote for him argument and hopefully I'm not doing that but maybe I am.

Anyway I'm fond of redemption and I hope Trump is able to get better if it's possible, just well, on his own time, without as they say having access to the nuclear codes (tired old trope).
    Last edited by marooned; 09-15-2020 at 01:17 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I think if there is anything decent left in Trump (and I think he's highly damaged from childhood) the presidency isn't where I would like to see some real life "test" of this. And honestly, his actions speak much louder than his words. I see his actions as harmful and an incapacity on his part to understand that. I think he's leading the country to ruin, and in that sense it doesn't matter how he feels inside.

If what you say happened to him I suspect it happened in childhood. Adult Trump despite changes in cognitive ability with age has seemed relatively consistent in interviews. Things leaked of him speaking when it wasn't public show the same personality. The same personality in other words seems to appear in public and "private."

If you're arguing Trump is lost to himself btw, that to me is an argument for him not being in office. Someone lost to themselves can't lead wisely or well. A shell of a man that once was leading a nation? Not good.
    If you have to put private in quotation marks it’s not the same thing as full privacy.

It goes without saying that it’s not an ideal situation with an ideal candidate right now lol. I get what you are saying which is why I’d turned anti-Trump for the majority of the time too since he came into office and why I’ve said “if” there is still a decent human inside. However, it seems like almost nobody thinks there’s really a better alternative. Complaining about Trump and the situation is like beating a dead horse.