Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skincare (Routine, Recommendations, and Talk)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have a skin care routine but now I've become lazy...maybe I need to start back.

I literally can't exfoliate my face. At least not with physical exfoliants...they cause micro cuts on my skin. I have a spin brush that I barely use...I only use the silicone brush head since it's gentle.

The only thing over the years that has shown significant improvement of my skin is apple cider vinegar...most other things don't work for me, or if they did they stop working after a while.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

⊱⋆⊰ child of the corn ⊱⋆⊰ reverie's Avatar
    TIM
    Abby Normal 9w4
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I discovered the best body scrub omg. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub. I love exotic bloom the most, but had to settle for Moroccan rose this last time around. Which is still good imo but personally prefer the scent of exotic bloom. It’s sold out all the damn time, I have to stock up. I also use burts bess lavender and honey body wash, especially at night. It’s made me really appreciate the power of Essential oils A-Mazing. And I wash my face with soap and glory vitamin c facial wash.

These are three products im basically now hooked- addicted to.

Sometimes I exfoliate my face but too much breaks my face out. I’ve been using Bliss night serum at night with vitamin c moisturizer after burts bees rose water toner. And I use the same thing in the morning except Bliss Day serum instead.
    ·:*¨༺༻¨*:·.𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Carnivore | Student | Still a hedonist one's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any advice on chapped lips? My lips are bleeding

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Vasaline has always been my saving grace in anything chapped or rough. They have a small with with tins and I like the Shea butter ones. If not, then I grab a big ass tub. The only other thing that I like for my lips is Laneige sleeping mask. I wear it like a lip balm at times but it’s the few lip balms I repurchase. It’s a bit expensive but lasts awhile.
    Last edited by MissDucki; 10-04-2021 at 01:08 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Vasaline has always been my saving grace in anything chapped or rough. They have a small with with tins and I like the Shea butter ones. If not, then I grab a big ass tub. The only other thing that I like for my lips is Laneige sleeping mask. I wear it like a lip balm at times but it’s the view lip balms I repurchase. It’s a bit expensive but lasts awhile.
    Ooo okay I’ll buy Laneige. I use Burt’s Bees lip balm but it’s just not working!! My lips are so dead at this point lmao. Thanks for the reco!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Vasaline has always been my saving grace in anything chapped or rough. They have a small with with tins and I like the Shea butter ones. If not, then I grab a big ass tub. The only other thing that I like for my lips is Laneige sleeping mask. I wear it like a lip balm at times but it’s the view lip balms I repurchase. It’s a bit expensive but lasts awhile.
    Vaseline is incredibly effective at keeping your skin from drying out. It helps wounds to heal better, because it prevents scabs from forming. Scabs actually impair the healing process. They were only evolved because the body can’t produce Vaseline.

During the American Civil war, weaponry advanced to the point where soldiers were receiving horrific wounds and medicine was still extremely primitive, but doctors found that covering a wound with fat allowed almost perfect healing, where healing was possible.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been happening to me. I just put a lot of Vaseline on my lips throughout the day
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When cleaning up the house, I found this small tube of Vaseline Lip Therapy (original) in a drawer. Probably my SLI ex bought it, and she was an expert at keeping her skin moisturized. She also had a knack for finding the best of everything. This stuff is not expensive but it works great.

And the small tube size means it fits in my travel case. You never know, when you are crossing the Kalahari, when you might need lip moisturizer.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vaseline can help heal chapped lips, but it's also good to make sure you are drinking plenty of water and not to lick, pick, or bite them while they heal. Your house may be too dry and you may want to buy a humidifier for your bedroom. There are other lip balms out there that are more effective than just petroleum jelly. If you have cracked dry lips buy a lip scrub and a lip balm for the healing process.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I used to have a skin care routine but now I've become lazy...maybe I need to start back.

I literally can't exfoliate my face. At least not with physical exfoliants...they cause micro cuts on my skin. I have a spin brush that I barely use...I only use the silicone brush head since it's gentle.

The only thing over the years that has shown significant improvement of my skin is apple cider vinegar...most other things don't work for me, or if they did they stop working after a while.
    I can recommend the gentle cream exfoliant from dermalogica. They're a bit pricey but non-abrasive but still gentle enough. It might have been discontinued? I have a few bottles of these in my bathroom.

The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    TIM
    Ethical Intuitive
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a skincare routine, but the thing that really helps my skin is drinking lots of water and doing routine exercises that make me sweat a lot (like running).
    “You are the music while the music lasts.”
    ― T.S. Eliot

TIM
    Abby Normal 9w4
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooo okay I’ll buy Laneige. I use Burt’s Bees lip balm but it’s just not working!! My lips are so dead at this point lmao. Thanks for the reco!
    which burts bees lip balm have you been using? I started using this one morning/night/several times a day, and it’s been working for me better then their other chap sticks. I also have these two I like quite a bit, use them here and there….

https://www.amazon.com/Tree-Hut-Hydr.../dp/B07VSJWW3W

https://www.target.com/p/soap-38-glo...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

the tree hut butter I usually put over my lipstick and the soap and glory I use maybe once a day

but hurts bees has a lip oil and imo it’s so gross, don’t get it lol it’s literally the nastiest gloss/oil I’ve ever tried…couldn’t believe it considering it’s burts bees…https://www.burtsbees.com/product/hy...850904774.html
    Last edited by reverie; 10-05-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    which burts bees lip balm have you been using? I started using this one morning/night/several times a day, and it’s been working for me better then their other chap sticks. I also have these two I like quite a bit, use them here and there….

https://www.amazon.com/Tree-Hut-Hydr.../dp/B07VSJWW3W

https://www.target.com/p/soap-38-glo...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

the tree hut butter I usually put over my lipstick and the soap and glory I use maybe once a day

but hurts bees has a lip oil and imo it’s so gross, don’t get it lol it’s literally the nastiest gloss/oil I’ve ever tried…couldn’t believe it considering it’s burts bees…https://www.burtsbees.com/product/hy...850904774.html
    I have been using this one: https://www.amazon.com/Burts-Bees-Be...s%2C796&sr=8-6
    It was okay but for some reason my lips are more chapped than ever. I did order Laneige yesterday so I'm gonna try that one once it arrives, but I'll keep your recos in mind if it doesn't work for me. Thanks!

TIM
    Abby Normal 9w4
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m so distraught…seriously

I found a routine that was really working for me. I had to change it up since my last post since I was still getting broken out . I think it was either the Bliss vitamin c moisturizer, or the Bliss Glycolic Polyhydroxy Acid. I discontinued both for a while, and my face cleared up. So now I have a new routine that hasn’t been breaking me out yet and is clearing up my face.

So I have been using St. Ives Lemon and Mandarin Facial Scrub~ I’ve tried a shit ton of facial scrubs, cheap and expensive, and so far this one is my favorite. I actually have been using this on my whole body first and foremost, and my face, in the shower and scrubbing with an organic Egyptian loofah mit. The scrub is pretty gritty and rough~ might be too much for some, and the Egyptian loofah is hard-ish, and I was like ‘whaaaaatttt’ at first lol, but it softens once it gets wet.

Then I use my favorite, I will never live without, Soap and Glory Vitamin C Facial Wash (seriously my favorite product), on my face. Then I put Burts Bees Lavender and Honey body wash on the Egyptian loofa and wash down with that.

Before bed I’ve been using Glow Recipe Avocado Retinol Sleeping Mask ONLY. My face hasn’t been breaking out, and now I really really like it. BUT (here’s the distraught part)…I got online to order some more…discontinued….DISCONTINUED!!! How will I live??? Lol. I found some on eBay, and I’m considering it

I also put on burts bees lavender and honey lip butter before bed and when I wake up and really anytime I’m at home and I notice my lips are dry

In the morning I wash my face with my beloved Soap and Glory Vitamin C face wash. Then I swipe my face down with Burts Bees calming toner. Then I put on Bliss glow and hydrate Niacinamide & Hyaluronic Acid Day serum. But I really want to try Glow recipes hyaluronic serum…just afraid to change things up now lol

…Then I put on PUR 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer. Some mascara, which I still havent found one I love, concealer if need be (need to find a better one) and burts bees blush basin satin lipstick (a light pinkish nude color) and tree hut sugar lips lip butter over it.

So far this is really working out for me, but everyone’s skin is different, just have to find a routine that works Think I’m on maybe day 6 of this, so we’ll see
    Last edited by reverie; 10-08-2021 at 02:26 PM.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@one: use laneige or aquaphor and then put the Burt's Bees on top. The hard waxiness of the Burt's Bees seals in the Laneige/aquaphor. Bonus, the Burt's Bees doesn't go to waste!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE View Post
    @one: use laneige or aquaphor and then put the Burt's Bees on top. The hard waxiness of the Burt's Bees seals in the Laneige/aquaphor. Bonus, the Burt's Bees doesn't go to waste!
    Oh good tip. Thanks!

TIM
    Ethical Intuitive
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else use this? I love it.
    ― T.S. Eliot

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post

I've used it a few times, it was so nice. Just needs more moisturizer for me after washing it off since it can be drying.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I eat first before washing my lip mask so I accidentally eat some of it. Is that okay? Probably yes right since it's just similar to chapstick?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I eat first before washing my lip mask so I accidentally eat some of it. Is that okay? Probably yes right since it's just similar to chapstick?
    It should be lip-safe because it's for the lips. Lip-safe means that it is ok to digest in reasonable amounts.

TIM
    Ethical Intuitive
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used it a few times, it was so nice. Just needs more moisturizer for me after washing it off since it can be drying.

My skin is fine after using it but my wife's dries out a lot.
    ― T.S. Eliot

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post

It’s a holy grail!it deserved to be praised!

(also always love hearing about your skincare recommendations yo)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123