Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skincare (Routine, Recommendations, and Talk)

Hybrid View

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Skincare (Routine, Recommendations, and Talk)

A skincare thread since I thought that would be fun. (A fairly common quarantine hobby, from what I've read).

As per the title goes, what is your routine like? What products and ingredients do you enjoy? Conversely, are there any products and ingredients that you can't stand? Any skin care YouTubers you like to watch? Any other things you can think of regarding skin care?

Since hygiene goes all ways, anyone can participate in this thread of course.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For cleansing nowadays I use Kiehl’s because it’s easy to find anywhere. It was a straight male ESE actually who first recommended them to me, and I got a bottle of cleansing solution as a gift from someone. I love their standard cleanser and also microdermabrasion stuff lol.

I’ve purchased a lot recently so it’s like you’re psychic @Vex . This past week I’ve gotten my skincare so that I don’t need to wear foundation or concealer (in the first place I only ever wore a bit of concealer or BB cream on blemishes anyway) anymore except if I want to cover dark undereyes (I’ve ordered something natural for that on the way too).

I’ve started using the following concoction of shit (I basically just bought the cheapest options available-$5-10 USD per bottle):
    - Vitamin C
    - Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
    - Retinol (Vitamin A)
    - Hyaluronic acid (humectant)

If I need more moisture then I top it with snail essence by CosRx. I live in a humid environment and haven’t experienced winter yet since doing this but the above makes me pretty moisturized already so I don’t use an extra moisturizer.

I’ve also recently bought and experimented with the following:
    - LED light therapy mask with 3 different colors
    - Ultrasonic skin spatula
    - Dermaroller (as I’ve mentioned before)

Also, I know people say to use SPF but unless I’m doing significant walking outdoors I don’t bother in my current location where the UV index is quite mild.
    Last edited by sbbds; 09-09-2020 at 10:56 AM.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    For cleansing nowadays I use Kiehl’s because it’s easy to find anywhere. It was a straight male ESE actually who first recommended them to me, and I got a bottle of cleansing solution as a gift from someone. I love their standard cleanser and also microdermabrasion stuff lol.

I’ve purchased a lot recently so it’s like you’re psychic @Vex . This past week I’ve gotten my skincare so that I don’t need to wear foundation or concealer (in the first place I only ever wore a bit of concealer or BB cream on blemishes anyway) anymore except if I want to cover dark undereyes (I’ve ordered something natural for that on the way too).

I’ve started using the following concoction of shit (I basically just bought the cheapest options available-$5-10 USD per bottle):
    - Vitamin C
    - Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
    - Retinol (Vitamin A)
    - Hyaluronic acid (humectant)

If I need more moisture then I top it with snail essence by CosRx. I live in a humid environment and haven’t experienced winter yet since doing this but the above makes me pretty moisturized already so I don’t use an extra moisturizer.

I’ve also recently bought and experimented with the following:
    - LED light therapy mask with 3 different colors
    - Ultrasonic skin spatula
    - Dermaroller (as I’ve mentioned before)

Also, I know people say to use SPF but unless I’m doing significant walking outdoors I don’t bother in my current location where the UV index is quite mild.
    I'm curious if you've seen any benefits with the LED mask.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I'm curious if you've seen any benefits with the LED mask.
    I haven’t experimented with it consistently enough yet to say for sure, in light (lol) of all the other things I’ve been trying recently.

I accidentally bought one without eye holes and had to drill some in later. Even so the lights are really bright so it’s hard to do anything else at the same time.

The ultrasonic skin spatula is more immediately effective imo.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower with whatever, currently Dove soap bars.

Maybe a body/face exfoliate depending on the day and then some form of Palmer's coca butter moisturizing product.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My Irish heritage has left me with a lifelong desire to be darker than pale white and the inability to achieve this condition through tanning. Nevertheless, for most of my life, I persisted. The result was freckles when I was a teen and age spots on my hands (easily the body part most exposed to the sun) now.

I decided that age spots make me look like a hundred-year-old smoker, which is really unattractive, so I started applying Retinol to the back of my hands. Apparently, it works by stimulating cell growth.

It has had three effects.
    One, it seems to have burned all the hairs off the back of my hands. That, or regressed the skin to a point prior to when I had hairs on the back of my hands.
    Two, it caused 90% of the age spots to fade away, although this is a slow process.
    Three, it seems to have rebuilt the stuff under the skin so the veins are not visible.

I recently compared hands with my SLI ex, who is seven years older than me. My hands look like they did when I was thirty. Her hands appear to be anatomical models of the circulatory system, with a very thin, translucent layer of skin seemingly spray-painted over large, ropy veins and prominent tendons. I told her she could have younger-looking hands, and she, who has always wanted to be old, said that she liked her hands as they are.

Well, I had a once-beautiful sports car that had gone to rust, and while the rust spoke of its long history, it didn’t make the car better.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not being drunk all the time did wonders for my skin too.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once heard that makeup was bad for the skin. Can anyone confirm this?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Makeup is like clothes. Probably not the ideal solution, but it's what we've got.

Skin has had millions, if not hundreds of millions, of years to evolve. It's pretty amazing, and if if could be made better with the application of colored grease, we'd probably have evolved to exude colored grease.

I mean, more of it.

One way in which skin is amazing is in it's color. The major problem that humans have when they acquired large, energy burning brains, is how to get rid of the excess heat?
    First, we lost our hair. Then, we got sweat glands on all exposed skin. And somewhere in there, the skin turned dark in the visible spectrum to better protect the body from ultraviolet light and in human variants that didn't get so much light, turned white. But in both cases, regardless of the skin color in the visible part of the spectrum, skin is blacker than coal dust (no mean feat) at a wavelength of ten microns. This is so it can most efficiently emit radiation away at body heat temperatures.

If you could see people at wavelengths of ten microns, they'd all look like dully glowing constructions of black, black coal dust.

But we can't see at ten microns, because the skin inside our eyes is glowing, too. It would be like having the flash inside the camera.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-09-2020 at 04:08 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My issue is dry skin, 'cause I live in the desert. Another issue is cold skin, 'cause I'm cold easily.

If I go a few days without washing my skin, it gets a protective layer that keeps me a bit warmer. I recommend this for the winter months.
    I wash with body wash, or sometimes goat milk soap. Occasionally I forego the soap in favor of a light coating of olive oil and a plastic scraper from the hardware store. This works surprisingly well and leaves skin smooth, moisturized, and water-resistant. I've never dried off faster than the first time I tried this method (which I heard the ancient Romans used). But I've also wondered whether it made my skin absorb more sun, as I seem to feel warmer when I'm outside after having washed this way. Maybe don't use this method in the summer months.
    [Normally soap works by breaking down oils which bind to grime, allowing water to rinse it away. Oil works by binding with the oil and grime directly, so scraping it off scrapes it all off.]

I also use lotion. I recommend the kind that smells pleasant and isn't too runny.

In the past I've used book tape or elmer's glue to remove dead skin, but I think scraping works better.

I don't wear makeup, and people have complimented my skin a few times, so there could be a correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I gave up washing my face and my mild acne cleared up. Your skin has natural bacteria that equalize the atmosphere and eat the bad bacteria away. It’s hard to do the first few months but trust me don’t touch your face and don’t wash it
    Basically up into high school, I never used soap on my face. I just washed it with water, and only once a week. I don't recall why I was resistant to the idea of using soap on my face. (But I mentioned it to my girl scout leader in middle school, and she thought that was a good idea.) Now I use soap on my face once a week and water on it daily.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie View Post
    My issue is dry skin, 'cause I live in the desert. Another issue is cold skin, 'cause I'm cold easily.

If I go a few days without washing my skin, it gets a protective layer that keeps me a bit warmer. I recommend this for the winter months.
    I wash with body wash, or sometimes goat milk soap. Occasionally I forego the soap in favor of a light coating of olive oil and a plastic scraper from the hardware store. This works surprisingly well and leaves skin smooth, moisturized, and water-resistant. I've never dried off faster than the first time I tried this method (which I heard the ancient Romans used). But I've also wondered whether it made my skin absorb more sun, as I seem to feel warmer when I'm outside after having washed this way. Maybe don't use this method in the summer months.
    [Normally soap works by breaking down oils which bind to grime, allowing water to rinse it away. Oil works by binding with the oil and grime directly, so scraping it off scrapes it all off.]

I also use lotion. I recommend the kind that smells pleasant and isn't too runny.

In the past I've used book tape or elmer's glue to remove dead skin, but I think scraping works better.

I don't wear makeup, and people have complimented my skin a few times, so there could be a correlation.

Basically up into high school, I never used soap on my face. I just washed it with water, and only once a week. I don't recall why I was resistant to the idea of using soap on my face. (But I mentioned it to my girl scout leader in middle school, and she thought that was a good idea.) Now I use soap on my face once a week and water on it daily.
    Great now I have an idea of what gift to get you
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically yes lol unless it’s “natural” and “dermatologically tested”, and even then just by virtue of being some shit sitting on your face for hours upon hours a day AND needing to undergo a cleaning process to get it off (and likely some residue after anyhow, realistically speaking)...

It doesn’t have to cause everybody to break out and some people are diligent about cleaning it off their faces daily but as a rule unless it’s designed as a quasi skincare product, it’s not really “good” for your skin.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Americans have a weird habit of only using sunscreen at the beach or hiking. I once heard this dude say something along the lines that sunscreen was too feminine. Skin cancer and premature aging is not manly yo! (daily wear reduces chances of melanoma by 50%!) Don't fuck with the sun, lol.

European and Asian sunscreen is light years ahead of American ones due to the FDA not approving new ingredients in 21 years. They honestly look and feel disgusting and European/Asian ones are objectively superior. Asian ones are cheaper and more cosmetically elegant (so sheer you can't feel it, little to no white cast) so I'll give some recs.

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence
    -zero (!!!) white cast
    -water and sweat proof
    -spf 50+ pa+++
    -alcohol based

Canmake Mermaid Gel
    -spf 50+ pa++++
    -no cast (chemical)
    -dewy finish (less rec for oily skin)
    -makes you feel like a mermaid
    -no alcohol (longer to dry tho)
    -no water/sweat protection

Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence
    -spf 50+ pa++++
    -vegan (clearly a marketing ploy but if you fi bitches are into that)
    -water-based, includes alcohol

note that the above are usually used as face suncreams. It's more cost efficient to go for a large tub/pump sunscreen for a body cream, personally
    protip: you can reduce the price by going directly to sites like Rakuten and GMarket
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 09-09-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I use facewashing gel with aloe after machine shaving to reduce chances of inflammations. And when walk >5 km per a day use softening and wound healing cream for feet to reduce possible wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by snek View Post
    Americans have a weird habit of only using sunscreen at the beach or hiking. I once heard this dude say something along the lines that sunscreen was too feminine.
    In Russia most men use nothing, except by medical reasons. Sunscreens are not used, generally, though our place is sunny and warm only some monthes per a year and to be on air much of time is not common for towns people. Who needs to protect the skin from the sun may use a cap or panama.
    Someones may use perfume on datings, special events. Or when are on high posts where good appearance matter more.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snek View Post
    Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence
    -zero (!!!) white cast
    -water and sweat proof
    -spf 50+ pa+++
    -alcohol based
    I use this one too lol it’s also cheap, and it smells good/light

It’s on Amazon too btw unless people are trying to boycott it

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Me, a european never even using sunscreen at the beach

What does this even mean? That Italy’s beaches are filled with white guys who look like African-American midgets? Sounds like a hell of a vacation.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I washed my self that day I won't do nothing on my skin, if I didnt and I'm too grasy then I'll wash my face with charcoal black soap. Sunscreen because I've sunspots already.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-09-2020 at 05:07 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I gave up washing my face and my mild acne cleared up. Your skin has natural bacteria that equalize the atmosphere and eat the bad bacteria away. It’s hard to do the first few months but trust me don’t touch your face and don’t wash it
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think it should start with the diet.

Don't eat any junk food, avoid bad carbs. Just healthy stuff.
    Eat good fats.

I have recently been diagnosed with an infection in my eyes and eyelids. I got medication for it, but I am also improving my diet, because I have noticed in the past that eating really healthy / lowcarb diet improves my skin and eyes.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't really attend to my skin or hair, mainly because i am ugly, but also because my skin is generally quite oily and i'm not old enough to try to de-age my appearance. but i don't know if i would as i'm kind of all or nothing in the realm of looks. if i don't really think i can be beautiful enough i don't see the point in trying.

my hair is more of a problem as it used to have this natural shine and it's become "lifeless." i suspect it's probably my terrible diet but i feel powerless to fix that either. i feel deep down that i'm probably really unhealthy but i really don't believe there's any hope in getting better.

i don't have any motivation to do anything and basic things like taking care of practical needs are an overwhelming disorienting nightmare that i don't understand.

i used to strangely mock notions like "self-care" in my mind but it's kind of apparent that i am simply uncared for. there's no mother inside me to nourish myself.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i don't really attend to my skin or hair, mainly because i am ugly, but also because my skin is generally quite oily and i'm not old enough to try to de-age my appearance. but i don't know if i would as i'm kind of all or nothing in the realm of looks. if i don't really think i can be beautiful enough i don't see the point in trying.

my hair is more of a problem as it used to have this natural shine and it's become "lifeless." i suspect it's probably my terrible diet but i feel powerless to fix that either. i feel deep down that i'm probably really unhealthy but i really don't believe there's any hope in getting better.

i don't have any motivation to do anything and basic things like taking care of practical needs are an overwhelming disorienting nightmare that i don't understand.

i used to strangely mock notions like "self-care" in my mind but it's kind of apparent that i am simply uncared for. there's no mother inside me to nourish myself.
    wow there's so many things I have to say on that I don't even know where to start. Thus I'll cut to the chase: you're overthinking and too negative. Just go to da fuckin' shop and buy some nourishing shampoo & a clay mask for oily skin. You'll never know how beautiful you can get if you don't try. Start taking care of yourself in little steps, it'll work out. Rome wasn't built in a day.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    while I'm intrigued by certain tips and tricks to preserve beauty, I'm terrified of pressing too heavily on a derma-roller (for example) or being advised of wrong needle length;
    potential damage to my skin, for having no clue.
    Well the smallest size which most people use probably is 0.25. There are lots of tutorials online. You can start with barely touching at all to increasing amounts of pressure, on hands first, before trying it on your face.

This is how secretly hot people talk about themselves lol. Y’all can’t fool me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKINCARE!!!!!!!! I'm so passionate about taking care of my own skin it's ridiculous lol

micellar water is my holy grail (i love primera's brand) and i never use anything with fragrance or alcohol in it. i basically also use the same concoction @sbbds is using except sometimes i switch out my retinol out for a peptide serum bc yes. and as much as i hate using spf i do it anyways (except for the days where i know ill be skulking around at home)

my skin isn't exactly "aging" but i'm really gung ho about preventing it bc.... i like looking and feeling like a soft, glowing marshmallow at all times of the day (except my skin color is tan so make that a brown marshmallow instead lol)

for my body, i wash with goat milk soap like a couple times a week and then moisturize the dry spots with coconut oil
    i use a nourishing green mask weekly and uhhh... what else
    oh ya, i also dry brush my body before showering just to loosen up the dead skin cells

sometimes when i'm feeling extra boujee i use my rose quartz roller. i freeze it while im in the shower and then use it after ive papped all my serums on

i also just cleanse my face at night, in the morning i just splash with water and then use micellar water

good diet and regular exercise is good for getting that glow. also SLEEP. sleep is very important kids
    i also don't really wear makeup anymore bc im lazy but if i had to then i usually oil cleansed and then used a reg cleanser after

i forget what else i do tbh- it'll probably come to me when it's time to do the thing lol

(oh yes and a beeswax lip balm with spf daily- reg lip balms dry ur lips out like the plague)
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moloko View Post
    peptide serum
    I’ve started using this too!!! (Lowkey tried because you mentioned it. Thank you @moloko and this thread ) I love it. I have to put it on at night rather than during the day though because it’s kind of sticky and makes my Dr. Jart’s and any makeup look streaky and start pilling. Next time I want to try the kind with copper in it.

rose quartz roller. i freeze it while im in the shower and then use it after ive papped all my serums on
    I got one a few months ago too. Love it. I’ve done this before too. Usually now I just put the frozen bits under and over my eyes when I’m feeling tired. I think it actually does make a difference.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

99.999 percent of skin care on the market is a gimmick; a marketing gimmick. The only moisturizer one needs is probably vaseline and sun block
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I read an article somewhere that your skin is even capable of clearing out cancer cells if you let it’s good bacteria thrive
    -

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scalp and hair are closely related to skincare. @inumbra (and others) how often do you guys wash your hair?

I have dry/lifeless hair as well. I used to wash it daily or almost daily but have been experimenting with washing it a little less often recently. It seems to be helping, but it’s still not as lustrous as it used to be...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scalp and hair are closely related to skincare. @inumbra (and others) how often do you guys wash your hair?

I have dry/lifeless hair as well. I used to wash it daily or almost daily but have been experimenting with washing it a little less often recently. It seems to be helping, but it’s still not as lustrous as it used to be...
    I'm currently barely washing it, maybe once a week. But before covid it would be at least every other day. Its condition is the same regardless, which is why I wondered if it's nutrition related. But now that you mention it my hair is less oily than it used to be. Years ago when I hurt my knee and couldn't get in my shower I went a long time without washing it and the oil it collected was really something to behold. Within days it was a horrifying oil cake. It's obviously less oily now, way less. It hadn't occurred to me it might actually be dry, probably because oil still seems to contribute to its ugliness. But maybe now I'm just a mere mortal, oil is no longer my hair superpower. Be careful what you wish for I guess, I always wished my hair was less oily lol.

I also wondered if it's age related. I'm in my late 30s and the pigment seems to be fading.

Oh no I'm becoming dry and brittle. The implications may extend beyond my hair. Will I be motivated to take vitamins, or will I continue being lazy... All along the hair was the canary in the coal mine.

I also just realized it could mean menopause is coming. The hair might signal one's fertility... I just imagined myself rushing into the doctor's office like a crazed lunatic saying, "I need more female hormones, I don't want to become more masculine!"
    Last edited by marooned; 09-19-2020 at 02:53 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently barely washing it, maybe once a week. But before covid it would be at least every other day. Its condition is the same regardless, which is why I wondered if it's nutrition related. But now that you mention it my hair is less oily than it used to be. Years ago when I hurt my knee and couldn't get in my shower I went a long time without washing it and the oil it collected was really something to behold. Within days it was a horrifying oil cake. It's obviously less oily now, way less. It hadn't occurred to me it might actually be dry, probably because oil still seems to contribute to its ugliness. But maybe now I'm just a mere mortal, oil is no longer my hair superpower. Be careful what you wish for I guess, I always wished my hair was less oily lol.

I also wondered if it's age related. I'm in my late 30s and the pigment seems to be fading.

Oh no I'm becoming dry and brittle. The implications may extend beyond my hair. Will I be motivated to take vitamins, or will I continue being lazy... All along the hair was the canary in the coal mine.

I also just realized it could mean menopause is coming. The hair might signal one's fertility... I just imagined myself rushing into the doctor's office like a crazed lunatic saying, "I need more female hormones, I don't want to become more masculine!"
    IME eating better has helped my hair lol, among other things.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I’ve started wearing SPF/sunscreen a few days ago. If you have very fair skin (especially warm-toned), I recommend Dr. Jart’s Cicapair Re cover. It is slightly green tinted and doubles as a soother and redness reducer. It cancels out my purple eye bags. I haven’t been wearing any other makeup or foundation at work for the past little while, just this. It rhymes with shart too.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i converted to organic skincare 10 years ago i guess, and since then i dont use basically any brands anymore, if not sometimes to test some new organic nice labels that are our in the market... but i tend to try those and get back at my selfmade products.

basically i just use raw products, almond, karite, coconut, olive, castor, hemp, rose oils, mixed with aloe vera and essential oils as lavender, tea tree, lemon, whatnot. my skin has been grateful ever since. also it's fun to do : )

just a note on not washing and dermarollers: to each their own. i tried both and they are not for me, if i dont wash my face for over a month my skin becomes a minefield and it resulted in massive acne in the past, of which i still bring the scars.... i tried to get rid of them with dermaroller, only to get them worse :/ not saying it's gonna happen for everyone, but each one has a different skin and if your skin is super dry and sensitive (like mine), you should probably treat it with extra care and not washing or dermaroller then are not ideal...

as a sunscreen i use my cc cream only, although all natural oils have a mild spf. https://www.erbolario.com/it/acido-i...nico-2863.html, it's a very organic, clean, nice product, but it falls under make up i think

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wash my face morning and night with dove soap and that’s it. I’ve tried moisturizers and creams but they just break me out. I also will break out if I don’t wash my face twice a day.

i use neutrogena hydro boost foundation with hylaluronic acid during the day as a light foundation and this seems to work the best for me
    Last edited by Aster; 09-19-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got an AHA/BHA serum from The Ordinary and I LOVE IT!!!! I only leave it on my skin for a minute and feel it taking effect already. I feel like my soul has been cleaned out.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got an AHA/BHA serum from The Ordinary and I LOVE IT!!!! I only leave it on my skin for a minute and feel it taking effect already. I feel like my soul has been cleaned out.
    I’ve started putting this on my scalp sometimes. It makes it really clean and feels amazing. I also got a 2.0mm dermaroller for my scalp, and have been using that. It’s like a scalp massage on steroids. I can feel it waking up all the dragons in there. My hair feels healthier and thicker since I’ve started doing this.

After I wash my hair, I’m gonna try putting some vitamin C and peptides in there too

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty simple. I use a lot of face wipes like Yes to Cucumbers and Yes to Watermelon. I use heavy face moisturizers because I have dry skin, like Dior Capture and FAB lines. I use creamy face wash and sugar face scrubs and I also use sugar lips scrub. Body stuff I like Bliss.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    A skincare thread since I thought that would be fun. (A fairly common quarantine hobby, from what I've read).

As per the title goes, what is your routine like? What products and ingredients do you enjoy? Conversely, are there any products and ingredients that you can't stand? Any skin care YouTubers you like to watch? Any other things you can think of regarding skin care?

Since hygiene goes all ways, anyone can participate in this thread of course.
    I wash with a bar of soap and cold water. Cold water keeps tuh skin from drying out, soap = clean.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm next to hopeless. I was wiping up spilled coffee and prior to throwing the caffeine soaked paper towel in the bin thought I'd wipe it across my face. "Mmm! That feels tingly and nice." Then I went back to my colleging from home. That's all I have done to my skin all day.

Edit: Actually, hold up. I guess quarantine might be upping my skincare game because I also rubbed my apple core on my lips when it occured to me vitamin c was in the core I was about to chuck. I did that while I was interwebbing and noticed they felt great afterwards. So two chaotic, split-second decisions to do something weird to my face.

Instead of 'found art,' it's found skincare.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Skincare (Routine, Recommendations, and Talk)

I literally died

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFz7lw7H...=1xjrqvq2fpk33

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lolita; 10-25-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Guy in the pic is 6 ft 7 (our average height). Just has a very big head like most of us cause school expects us to remember a lot of pasta recipes.
    Haha. And the national anthem and all the Sfera lyrics and you should also go on Dicsord and take my test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast