Thread: Member Questionnaire (Android) ILI, ESI, or IEI?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Member Questionnaire (Android) ILI, ESI, or IEI?

1) Context:
    a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)?
    21, USA.

Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire?
    No.

Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
    No.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?
    Likely: IEI, ILI, ESI

I am someone that lives entirely inside their own head, and is stagnated in reality as I’m living completely inside my own imagination and envisioning my future, but doing very little to act right now, so I strongly relate to the struggles of being an intuitive, and the inertia of Se-dual seeking. Most of all of my struggles revolve around not being able to “leave” my head, and interact with the sensory world.

I typed as an IEI for a very long time, but something about the Fe aspect is wrong... I seem to be very critical of actual high Fe users. However, I’m a 5w6, so maybe being a head type makes me feel less feeling-oriented.
    I feel too warm to be an ILI, and too cold to be an IEI.

People sometimes get a Fe impression from me, whereas I don’t see it in myself. Though, I admit, it's a mask, and I've asked friends and family if the difference in my social mask is that strong, and they've said it's Jekyll-Hyde like how much more aloof I am behind closed doors.

I also seem to have strong Gamma and Se values, if you read through my questionnaire.
    2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
    To “win” life, defeat adversity, and accumulate as much knowledge as possible (like, I said, I’m a 5, though).

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
    Sloth for most relatable, and Lust and Gluttony as the least relatable. I’m not someone who is driven by “carnal desires,” and I’m judgmental of people that are ruled by their “primal instincts” as people describe it, as if it’s some sort of justification.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
    a) The type of people you are drawn to

I tend to think it's funny when people destroy social atmospheres, as weird as that is. I think it's entertaining (i.e when someone makes an inappropriate but witty joke at a dinner party, and everyone acts mortified). I don't really engage in it, but I'm just in the corner laughing to myself, enthralled by it. Maybe it's because I secretly hate Fe.

People that don’t take things at face value, people that don’t allow their logic to be clouded by bias (that really annoys me), people that are not scared of deeper/darker topics, people that like to be challenged, a deep understanding of humanity/psychology.
    b) The type of people who are drawn to you
    EII’s love me for some reason. 99.9% of people that try to befriend me are EII-Ne types. I don’t really understand why this is as I don’t really seem to get much from them myself. I find them pleasant and kind, but I don’t feel stimulated by them. I find them too *soft* and passive, and I’m passive myself, so I hate taking the more dominant role with them. They seem to think we’re similar on the surface, when we’re not at all.
    c) The type of people you are repulsed by
    Occam’s Razor-logic, people that project their own insecurities, people that lack self awareness, people that repress their own opinions and feelings to cater to somebody else in a desperate attempt to be liked (I don’t like 2s or 9s.)

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
    Strong, assertive people with a strong presence (basically high Se users), I am fascinated, and kind of idealize myself as being this strong, bad ass, ruthless leader that everyone listens to. I’m a very mousy, shy girl, and I get very envious of people that just *demand* a presence, and are naturally seen as competent. People that you see, and you go, “yeah, that dude knows what he’s talking about.” Though, this has a lot to do with being a petite woman that isn’t taken seriously, rather than Socionics, maybe.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
    a) Anger

I have a lot of repressed anger. I have a sort of edgy teenage angst vibe that I am not proud of.
    b) Shame
    Usually with Si, or when I feel infantalized. I don’t like when people treat me as “helpless”, and Si egos tend to treat me this way a lot, and I DESPISE it. I think I have a lot of shame surrounding Si in general. I get extremely anxious when I have to do Si related things. I’m bad at them, and I know I’m bad at them, and it deeply embarrasses me. I'm constantly missing out on tiny details and making catastrophic mistakes because I don’t notice something in the sensory world. I am constantly doing shit like missing hidden fees, or glossing over things in code while programming, etc, I did something like this a few hours ago, and I got extremely embarrassed and angry at myself for hours, and took a Racetam to feel more “alert” with my surroundings.
    c) Fear
    I’m in a constant state of fear. I have social anxiety, as well as fear of potentially harmful situations. I’m constantly preparing myself for potential doom (I sound like a 6 now).
    d) Love/passion
    I kind of feel empty a lot of the time, so the idea of something overwhelming me with passion, scares me as it would make me feel out of touch with my logic, but it also enthralls me. I like the idea of something uncharacteristically sweeping me up with emotion. I wish I felt more in general. I don’t remember the last time I felt passionately infatuated with someone. I’m very stingy with my emotions, I’m guarded.
    e) Conflict
    I’m a very defensive person. I feel misunderstood a lot in life, and I constantly feel the need to over-explain my actions. I’m very argumentative, and I like to debate as well.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?
    Anything revolving connecting with people, getting close to them without pushing them away, or inability to socialize without feeling anxious.

8) Answer only one of the following:
    a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

Computational neuroscience. I’ve always been deeply fascinated by psychology, but I considered psychology a “useless” major, so I wanted something with more career opportunities. I also love to program.
    b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
    Answered above.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
    I read them. Try to figure out what makes them tick, what is important to them, and appeal to their emotions to make them like me if I’m interested in them.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
    I say I have a negative view of humanity, and am misanthropic, but others say I am rather idealistic. I seem to have a higher standard for people, and am disappointed by the reality. I think people have the potential to be a lot better than they are, but put no effort in, and are lazy, and don’t seek to challenge themselves. Again, I am judgmental of this. I think a big problem is Hive mind-mentality, and the complete lack of interest in thinking for themselves, and I don’t even think it’s that they can’t, I just think people are intellectually lazy, for whatever reason.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
    Video-games, programming, traveling, roadtrips, literature, archery.

13) How do you usually “hang out” with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
    I’m a very isolated person. I don’t really have many friends, but on the rare occasion I do, I don’t think I’ve ever, in my life, initiated an interaction, I rely heavily on other people pushing me into social situations. We usually play games, joke around, and get food, but I feel detached and not really stimulated by these interactions, like there’s a wall between them and I. This may be because, like I said, I have a lot of EII friends, and I don’t feel like having intense/heavy conversations with EIIs, but those are the conversations I’m most stimulated by. EIIs and SEIs don’t seem to like them as much. SEIs tend to see me as too dry or morbid, and EIIs, I just don’t want to crush their Ne-Fi daydreaming about what our D&D character’s backstory is going to be, lol.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
    Both, but actions are more telling. Words are often manipulative, someone saying what they think they “should” say.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
    a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
    b) To be immortal
    c) To lose your memories
    d) To be poor for the rest of your life
    e) Or to never experience passion
    Elaborate on why!

I’d choose to be immortal. As I said, one of my biggest goals in life is to accumulate as much knowledge and prestige as I can. I like the idea of being a lonely, but cultured and educated vampire that has 25 PHDs.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
    I think of my SEI and ESE 9 friends. They have completely rejected individualism, in favor of the collective emotional atmosphere, repressing their own feelings and desires, in favor of others. I see them as placating doormats. That scares me, of ever becoming that.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
    I’m extremely obsessive. I am completely absorbed with whatever it is I’m interested in.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
    Messy, messy, messy, and I won’t notice it’s messy.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?

It’s not very important to me. I value aesthetics over comfort.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. IEI makes the most sense, I think, but I don't understand why I'm so antagonistic or rebellious around other high Fe users. Sometimes, it seems like immature Fi to me, or maybe I'm misunderstanding, because I don't act that way around EIE or other IEI's, just SEI and ESE.