Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    I feel confident with Ti related aspects (or at least what seems like Ti), even though it's not in my ego function.
    Such as? Would you be willing to take a car apart with no prior knowledge about cars and put it back together on your own, for fun?

And being confident with Ti also doesn't mean it's in their ego. All logical types are good at it.
    Fair point.

I can see SiTi though (this is valid according to Gulenko if you trust him), but Ti as an auxiliary and thus less developed, not a leading function. But this is out of original Socionics I guess, so...let's put it aside.
    Gulenko is someone with reputation and experience, ofc I trust him.
    I'd not LSI-D if thats what you are after. I do however have a Ti-based worldview which governs how and what I do. A lot of e6-es have something like that imo.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Such as? Would you be willing to take a car apart with no prior knowledge about cars and put it back together on your own, for fun?
    This seems less of an example of Ti than of Te, because I’ve actually done this with cars all my life, and with a lot of other things. So has my LSE buddy.

Having a manual to guide you seems more Ti to me.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This seems less of an example of Ti than of Te, because I’ve actually done this with cars all my life, and with a lot of other things. So has my LSE buddy.

When you take apart something you understand the system by which it works, you reassemble it to make sure it is correct and then use it to be secure.
    Manuals are only useful if you get stuck, which rarely if ever happens. This is how I taught myself to fix computers at 12 yo for example. Admittedly I broke the first one by burning the PSU down, live and learn.

When I was learning photography, I took apart the camera and put it back together for similar reasons, later made modifications to it to suit my needs e_e admittedly I liked toying with tools more than photography itself as taking "pretty pictures" is boring.

I guess that was the charm about math, especially geometry to me... solving the problem is fun.

Interest in psychology is similar, but I have learned that ppl aren't really like machines, the rules change constantly.
    It is much more difficult to comprehend myself and other ppl this way.
    Last edited by SGF; 09-05-2020 at 03:32 PM.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

This is basically T ego, usually ST. Sometimes NT types. Rarely SF types.

I would agree on Ti types preferring to understand what they're doing by reading a manual. But not necessarily a step-by-step howto manual (these are more likely preferred by Te valuers / maybe process types). A manual on the "theory of operation" of a certain car subsystem is extremely interesting for Ti egos, for example.

A Ti leading type would probably carefully study the manuals first before deciding on how to approach the task, Ti creative is more likely going to dive right in and only start consulting the manuals after getting stuck or realizing they're making an obvious mistake. Te types possibly read the manuals less, but I've seen LSE consulting manuals for tightening torques and some obvious pitfalls in advance. SLI don't seem to care much about official manuals but might check (and create) tutorial videos.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    This is basically T ego, usually ST. Sometimes NT types. Rarely SF types.

I would agree on Ti types preferring to understand what they're doing by reading a manual. But not necessarily a step-by-step howto manual (these are more likely preferred by Te valuers / maybe process types). A manual on the "theory of operation" of a certain car subsystem is extremely interesting for Ti egos, for example.

A Ti leading type would probably carefully study the manuals first before deciding on how to approach the task, Ti creative is more likely going to dive right in and only start consulting the manuals after getting stuck or realizing they're making an obvious mistake. Te types possibly read the manuals less, but I've seen LSE consulting manuals for tightening torques and some obvious pitfalls in advance. SLI don't seem to care much about official manuals but might check (and create) tutorial videos.
    How Gulenko described IJ for Ti-Se:

Besides, the respondent notes that knowledge is not stored in his memory in an orderly manner. Since internal communication and presentation of accumulated data in a more chaotic form what corresponds to the second function rather than the first one, the assumption about rational organization of the respondent's psyche is confirmed. Logic processes and gives solutions to the outer world, quickly addressing the data accumulated by the sensing. The first function (logic) can be compared to the processor, and the second function (sensing) to memory. This is a mental circuit that is used by the logic-sensor types.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(MBTI related thinking)

thats is how MBTI describes ISTP.. Ti-Se

Considering I typed INTP basically on all tests, but when it came to actually interacting with INTPs they were kinda alien ... imo I'm ISTP in MBTI.

The one thing that I'd say differs from ISTP descriptions is that I take my responsibilities very seriously..

EDIT: and maybe I'm a bit of a perfectionist and very deliberate <.< which sometimes makes me think ISTJ..
    Last edited by SGF; 09-05-2020 at 04:20 PM.