Thread: Pic of your rat's nest / battle-station plz!

Hybrid View

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    :d the first one with actually living plants in the room. Clean, comfy. Si.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    This is beautiful. More men should aspire to be as clean as you
    Quote Originally Posted by snek View Post
    @Tallmo

Nice Swiss Cheese plant! I only have a Pothos and some succulents because I'm lazy Was planning to add more plants like yours, lol, so cute
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Neat and organized. You seem better adjusted than 99% of the Internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Dat Si.
    Thanks for the comments. My place is pretty clean and cosy now, but it hasn't always been like that. I used to be messy, but at some point I got tired of it and decided I wanted a real home. It's not hard to do, but for me it required some basic decision that I want it that way, like stepping out of primitive chaos. But this is still work in progress.

Snek, yes I think it's a Swiss Cheese plant. I use the name Monstera. I have had lot's of them, they are easy to take care of. They need fertilizer in the summer and pruning when they grow too much. Water maybe once a'week. They also need some kind of support so they can climb.

Greenfaerie, maybe it's more natural for women to take care of a home. For men it's a bigger step, they have to make that conscious decision?
    Last edited by Tallmo; 09-16-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Thanks for the comments. My place is pretty clean and cosy now, but it hasn't always been like that. I used to be messy, but at some point I got tired of it and decided I wanted a real home. It's not hard to do, but for me it required some basic decision that I want it that way, like stepping out of primitive chaos. But this is still work in progress.

Snek, yes I think it's a Swiss Cheese plant. I use the name Monstera. I have had lot's of them, they are easy to take care of. They need fertilizer in the summer and pruning when they grow too much. Water maybe once a'week. They also need some kind of support so they can climb.

Greenfaerie, maybe it's more natural for women to take care of a home. For men it's a bigger step, they have to make that conscious decision?
    I can relate Tallmo. I told my mom to stop giving me "cute" and basically infantile shit at one point lol....and just figurines and stuff that will create clutter. I'm a long ways from where I want to be design wise in my home, but I'm making do with what I've got for now. I was watching some home show at the car shop and it seemed so beautiful, but also kind of sterile? I think I need just a slight touch of whimsy, at least. I'm not sure @ more natural for women. In my family my dad was the neat freak (and an EIE, mind you). My mom is somewhere in the middle... other 2 siblings and nephew, slobs. It made me think it could have some to do with rational vs irrational too, but well... you've proved me wrong sir. A lot of it probably is outside what socionics can explains, tbh. Birth order??? (I'm the oldest, so are both my parents)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    um...from all the men and women I know, it's not a more woman thing. lolz @ self

It took something like four years for me to even recognize one of the wall lamps has a switch on it. I just walked past it. I have four picture frames that will continue to lie flat and empty that people gave me about 15 years ago. My art is propped up on top of a bookshelf. Knickknacks stress me out when in anyone's home, so I don't have many. And if there is not tile everywhere, houses cannot withstand my cavalier adventures that get water everywhere.

Yeah, Ok can only think of two men out of the ten thousand (?)I have met who had a LESS poorly taken care of home than I do.
    Last edited by nanashi; 11-18-2020 at 07:07 PM.