Thread: Asking/Declaring Compatibility

TIM
    Fi-IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asking/Declaring Compatibility

How does each pair of dichotomies (below) work in interaction?

asking <- interacts with -> asking
    declaring <- interacts with -> declaring
    asking <- interacts with -> declaring

I suspect there is a higher compatibility (and better flow) between asking vs declaring, but it seems to me that it will work out as a sort of interview thing: just like Conan O'Brian's.

Also, I'm sure there's a certain dynamic that doesnt depend on IR but rather on this pretty little baby.
    hi

Peter, The Machine, The Rock fireee's Avatar
    TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    How does each pair of dichotomies (below) work in interaction?

asking <- interacts with -> asking
    declaring <- interacts with -> declaring
    asking <- interacts with -> declaring

I suspect there is a higher compatibility (and better flow) between asking vs declaring, but it seems to me that it will work out as a sort of interview thing: just like Conan O'Brian's.

Also, I'm sure there's a certain dynamic that doesnt depend on IR but rather on this pretty little baby.
    Examples (slightly exaggerated for illustrative purposes)

1. asking-asking:

students working together to solve some problems but they keep interrupting each other, not allowing one to finish what they have to say

2. declaring-declaring:

one person rambling on and on and the other person tuning out or forces a question to stop the rambler

3. asking-declaring:

"Hmm seems like a nice night for a walk? The weathers been looking good." (Already knows answer, but asks question to steer into a direction
    aka asking)

"Duh, Susie, if u checked the weather channel, it'd be no surprise... My walking shoes however seem to have disappeared (he asks a question
    at the end "where are my shoes" but it sounds like/comes off like a statement aka declaring)

Points of confusion for many:

--Being an asker doesn't mean you ask a bunch of questions or purposely interrupt the flow of conversation, they ask questions to involve themselves and others into the convo.

--Asking questions for the purposes of learning (like on this forum) does not make one an asker

--Asking/Declaring will have a smoother interaction compared to the others - won't necessarily come off like a talk-show interview lol

--Like the example above a declarer can still ask a question but it'll sound like a statement
    Last edited by fireee; 09-02-2020 at 02:28 AM.
    💎 We're Diamonds

100% agree with @onfireee... at least I do that pretty much.

Some people of my type say they monologue though, and ramble. I personally don't monologue except on rare occasions. And if I do monologue I constantly interrupt myself to ask the listener if they understand or just involve them in some way, like clarifying terms and their past history of what knowledge they have on the topic I'm referring to.

Mentioned
    1111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Reinin's traits are baseless
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    SLE 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Reinin's traits are baseless
    Prove it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I prefer declaring on declaring. =p Asking-declaring probably seems like it would be the most compatible for most people I guess, but that seems too heteronormative to me. =D

idk to me its weird and like a Narcissist with their empathetic supply to be in an asker/declarer mode 24/7. It's weird. I could see it working during the courting stage tho, or something maybe but I wouldn't like it long-term. A declarer = narc asshole. asker = loser with no spine.