Thread: Vocal when frustrated

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vocal when frustrated

What are the most vocal types when they are frustrated?

I'm talking in-the-moment type of situation, e.g.: the electronic equipement is not working as requested.

Which are the most likely to curse?
    Which the most likely to blame themselves out loud for their foolishness?
    Which show a proclivity to make funny or slightly ironic comments on an aspect that is causing some mild frustration?
    And what about those who don't say anything at all?

Add any other observation.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I curse loudly and eventually smash the piece of crap that isn't complying. My SLI friend thinks this is hilarious and never does it himself.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I curse loudly and eventually smash the piece of crap that isn't complying. My SLI friend thinks this is hilarious and never does it himself.
    Project yourself into old age. You'll have the grumpiness and the SLEness combined.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually for me it's "Why the fuck isn't this shit working!" followed by "Oh, it's because I'm a fucking idiot!" when I figure it out. I'm definitely vocal about it. For socionics I'd pin it on Fe/Se.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Any type? I guess it's sort of a Fe-ish thing idk. I'm normally quiet but when something doesn't work I will just be like 'this stupid shitty thing isn't working! Gah' I had a technical issue today but it weirdly resolved itself. Like it wasn't doing what I wanted it to, then it started to work. And you guys say IEI magic isn't real, shame on you.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I find if I say "please don't do this, I need ... " it starts working. Really it probably cooled my head and I projected everything because I tend to personify computers and equipment. I yell at things too but don't want to get caught up in a frenzy of frustration as I'm quite frustration prone. Also between saying please don't do this comes the question of why on repeat until a realization occurs.

If it's a program on a computer I usually personify it and try to imagine things from its perspective (theory of mind) until a light bulb goes off in my head. If I can't find a way to make it work or accept it won't be possible or that I'm not willing to do what is needed, then it's the painful process of letting go, which really sucks as much as the frustration state. Although this isn't to say there may not be alternatives.

Sometimes I imagine it's psychic: how do I get you to connect with me?

PS I try not to show signs of frustration if I'm not alone. Though sometimes I might still whine at it, though I try not to do that either because whining annoys people and gives me an air of patheticness. I talk to myself.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-28-2020 at 11:26 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might a little if there’s somebody around to listen and it’s something small but generally I get even quieter when I’m really frustrated at something non-human, in order to think and solve the problem.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im only vocal around ppl im comfortable with. with strangers i kinda internalize it bc i dont wanna scare them LOL
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    What are the most vocal types when they are frustrated?

I'm talking in-the-moment type of situation, e.g.: the electronic equipement is not working as requested.

Which are the most likely to curse?
    Which the most likely to blame themselves out loud for their foolishness?
    Which show a proclivity to make funny or slightly ironic comments on an aspect that is causing some mild frustration?
    And what about those who don't say anything at all?

Add any other observation.
    dunno.. I'm more likely to figure out whats wrong with it and fix it myself.

I curse and criticize if someone else is being a bumbling idiot and isn't doing their job properly or doesn't care about the quality of output, but even then its more like "e_e you goddamn fucking incompetent retard! Give me that! I'll do it myself! .. btw, you are fired."