Thread: suicidal thoughts legal issues

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default suicidal thoughts legal issues

I........help. I.....didn't take my meds one day for a lengthy period except at night and in the morning, at night because of what happened. i went into a borderline rage of insanity, and threatened a girl with self harm if she didn't follow me, and also bothered some other girls but deleted the remarks, and one girl i kept trying to follow because i thought she liked me despite her constantly blocking me in the past, and......she eventually.....? HELP. blocked me. i called a person from the turkish immigrant cultural center, and he told me girl(S) complained to their parents, and were crying, and the parents were furious and wanted to go to the police, and later he said they did. but i got called by the sheriff and only got a complaint on one girl. who was trying to file a restraining order. it ruined my day. later, i went to the linkedin profile of the isfj ( a career social networking app, i was curious if she was moving to a university out of state, when you view someones page it sends them a notification of who viewed it). i called the sheriff to see if i was in trouble, he said he only got one complaint and reiterated i had to stay away from girl a. it ruined me again. im having thought of suicide, like when it first occured, which when it first occured i wanted to go to into a deep sleep to avoid the cops, so i took large doses of sleeping pills. im scared as i write that i am being watched, i want to transform from my former self into darth mustafar, lord of the great battles and loss and fiery heat (star wars reference)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you call your doctor? is there a suicide helpline number you can call?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    am i gonna go to jail

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have asperger's and i dont understand human behavior that well, or social protocol, am i going to jail

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you need to talk to a mental health professional and after they help you get stable then you can worry about legal stuff, and they might have info to help with that too

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you need to talk to a mental health professional and after they help you get stable then you can worry about legal stuff, and they might have info to help with that too
    I can't be locked up. Last times I called the ambulance my mother was furious, and the last time, i mistakenly muttered "next time, im not ever coming back" and im worried they wont let me come to my mother and ill be homeless or living with deviants as roommates EDIT: My mother threatened to kick me out and i have no means of living on my own. and i am an adult.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, my opinion is that you won't go to jail if you are just trying to get some medical help.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    For what it's worth, my opinion is that you won't go to jail if you are just trying to get some medical help.
    im already seeing a psychatrist and an lcsw (licensed clinical social worker) and im going to start dbt

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    im already seeing a psychatrist and an lcsw (licensed clinical social worker) and im going to start dbt
    They should be the ones you ask for advice on what to do, because they are more familiar with the local laws. However, I believe you will be fine.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't be locked up. Last times I called the ambulance my mother was furious, and the last time, i mistakenly muttered "next time, im not ever coming back" and im worried they wont let me come to my mother and ill be homeless or living with deviants as roommates EDIT: My mother threatened to kick me out and i have no means of living on my own. and i am an adult.
    1. Reacclimate yourself to external reality in the room. Look for a color around you. Seek a texture. Try to smell something. Make and listen to a sound. Repeat this step when you begin to panic.

2. It does not appear that you are going to jail. If you live in the United States, your mother cannot legally kick you out unless certain requirements are met. Wherever you live, use Google to locate the law on evicting tenant.

3. Tell your mother that you have not been behaving well. Tell her that you would like to behave better. Tell her you are going to get more support. Ask her to begin preparing a list of improvements she would like to see, and tell her that you are intending to work with a counselor to do better.

4. Think about how your mother has been feeling when you have behaved this way. Tell her you have been thinking about that and you apologize that your actions mean her experience has been harder for her than it would be if you were behaving well.

5. Call the government social work center and explain you need assistance, that you have asperger's, that you haven't been able to live on your own, that you need support, that you may be losing your housing, and that you 1) need help applying for government assistance to pay for rent, food, and medical care; 2) need help applying for counseling with a behavior therapist who can work with you on changing your sexual harassment of young women you victimize; and 3) need help applying for work.

6) Contact a counselor. A behavioral therapist would likely be best.

7) Ask a doctor about what exercise you can safely do. Do the exercises. It can help your mind and decrease your distress.

8) When you are going to contact a young woman online, stand up and walk away from the computer. Go do something healthy that you enjoy.
    Because you are not yet behaving well, replace the bad behavior with a healthy one you enjoy. You can learn skills and self-discipline and healthy behaviors and practice kindness later. You are not doing those yet. When you learn and practice those in the future, you will slowly get more ready to talk to women you like. That is not for now.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh good. I think a behaviorist is needed

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask your doctor to check your vitamin and mineral processing and also your levels and to prescribe any you might need to take and tell you how much, when, and what is too much.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I........help. I.....didn't take my meds one day for a lengthy period except at night and in the morning, at night because of what happened. i went into a borderline rage of insanity, and threatened a girl with self harm if she didn't follow me, and also bothered some other girls but deleted the remarks, and one girl i kept trying to follow because i thought she liked me despite her constantly blocking me in the past, and......she eventually.....? HELP. blocked me. i called a person from the turkish immigrant cultural center, and he told me girl(S) complained to their parents, and were crying, and the parents were furious and wanted to go to the police, and later he said they did. but i got called by the sheriff and only got a complaint on one girl. who was trying to file a restraining order. it ruined my day. later, i went to the linkedin profile of the isfj ( a career social networking app, i was curious if she was moving to a university out of state, when you view someones page it sends them a notification of who viewed it). i called the sheriff to see if i was in trouble, he said he only got one complaint and reiterated i had to stay away from girl a. it ruined me again. im having thought of suicide, like when it first occured, which when it first occured i wanted to go to into a deep sleep to avoid the cops, so i took large doses of sleeping pills. im scared as i write that i am being watched, i want to transform from my former self into darth mustafar, lord of the great battles and loss and fiery heat (star wars reference)
    Don't you have anyone around to provide you with firm boundaries and occasionally slap you over the back of your head and make you toe the line? You are lucky you don't live in my household. GET YOUR F***ING ACT TOGETHER!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During a crisis like this, you need to call your clinic ASAP. You usually won't be able to speak with your psychiatrist, sometimes not always your case worker, but the clinic will direct you to one of the nurses on call who works with your psychiatrist or a trained crisis volunteer. Be completely honest with them about your situation and how you feel, and they will direct you on what to do from there and may even get you the help that you need.

There are many things you can do to calm yourself down in the meantime if during a crisis, for whatever reason the person on the line hangs up, which they shouldn't, or the connection is lost. Nanashi has an excellent post with a lot of great pointers on grounding and stabilizing yourself. Personally speaking, I remember progressive muscles relaxation helping me the most during really awful times.

Best of luck to you.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    During a crisis like this, you need to call your clinic ASAP. You usually won't be able to speak with your psychiatrist, sometimes not always your case worker, but the clinic will direct you to one of the nurses on call who works with your psychiatrist or a trained crisis volunteer. Be completely honest with them about your situation and how you feel, and they will direct you on what to do from there and may even get you the help that you need.

There are many things you can do to calm yourself down in the meantime if during a crisis, for whatever reason the person on the line hangs up, which they shouldn't, or the connection is lost. Nanashi has an excellent post with a lot of great pointers on grounding and stabilizing yourself. Personally speaking, I remember progressive muscles relaxation helping me the most during really awful times.

Best of luck to you.
    You must be out of your mind. The kid has Borderline Personality Disorder, is clearly having symptoms such as threatening with suicide, self-mutilation and dissociation, and you recommend Mindfulness exercises?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You must be out of your mind. The kid has Borderline Personality Disorder, is clearly having symptoms such as threatening with suicide, self-mutilation and dissociation, and you recommend Mindfulness exercises?
    No, I recommended that he call his clinic.

I suggested these exercises if for whatever reason, he got disconnected. Mindfulness is a big part of DBT... which is the main therapy for BPD... and is all about being present. Which helps to counteract disassociation.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaeales View Post
    No, I recommended that he call his clinic.

I suggested these exercises if for whatever reason, he got disconnected. Mindfulness is a big part of DBT... which is the main therapy for BPD... and is all about being present. Which helps to counteract disassociation.
    The guy has not yet started DBT, as he said earlier in this thread. This is not the moment yet for him to do mindfulness exercises, as other issues have to be addressed first. Take, for example, his obsessive masturbation which he has been talking about. Basically what he is doing here is feeding himself additive drugs in a less usual form. Until this addiction is addressed, no amount of mindfulness is going to have any effect at all. In fact, it is going to have a detrimental effect, because his stress-energy is not released, and mindfulness might actually make him more sensitive towards the pain he experiences. Not a good idea for him to open up to his own feelings without proper professional guidance, in a safe, monitored setting.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy has not yet started DBT, as he said earlier in this thread. This is not the moment yet for him to do mindfulness exercises, as other issues have to be addressed first. Take, for example, his obsessive masturbation which he has been talking about. Basically what he is doing here is feeding himself additive drugs in a less usual form. Until this addiction is addressed, no amount of mindfulness is going to have any effect at all. In fact, it is going to have a detrimental effect, because his stress-energy is not released, and mindfulness might actually make him more sensitive towards the pain he experiences. Not a good idea for him to open up to his own feelings without proper professional guidance, in a safe, monitored setting.
    I'm literally confusion because I think you're missing the point of my post. I didn't say "You are already in DBT? Jump into mindfulness exercises." I can read and I know he will be starting DBT soon.

What I said in my post was for him to contact his clinic for help in the event of a crisis, and to refer to exercises from Nanashi's post or the video I posted as reference in the case that he got disconnected for whatever reason. It's rare but it happens. I did not tell him to jump the gun and start doing these exercises. If he gets disconnected and he's all alone, imo it's better to do these exercises than just sitting around and seeping in your own horrible emotional state and possibly hurting yourself. Really that's all I have to say and I don't understand why you're replying to me with this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> i have asperger's and i dont understand human behavior that well, or social protocol, am i going to jail

If you do not understand good what is socially appropriate - try to not annoy people to get lesser chance of problems from law side. Imagine yourself on their place when you want to do something to them - and ask would you liked to get that to yourself.

Try group psychotherapy to understand people better.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Imagine yourself on their place when you want to do something to them - and ask would you liked to get that to yourself.
    Exactly. When we're obsessed with something we tend to focus too much on the goal, we become blind to see if our actions are good for others, we become egoists. Misfit is fixated on getting a girlfriend instead of working patiently on improving his understanding of people and cooperation skills to form healthy relationships. He tries to do something he's not ready for. He wants a shortcut because he's frustrated with his situation, emotions tell him to do something with it but he's incompetent and acts like a creepy stalker.

Misfit, you have to understand your methods are completely wrong and give up until you improve. You hurt people, you must distance yourself from all these girls, block them on social media etc. This is very important, don't rethink it, there aren't any better solutions. Make a wallpaper with text like "I don't write to girls" to remind you. You must avoid them now not because you're bad, you just didn't learn these relationship skills yet. Therapy will help you with it, you just need some lessons to understand what >99% of people understand, easy thing with the right teacher, you can do it, just be patient. Right now you need some kind of distraction. Maybe try to learn something you always wanted to know but didn't have time or motivation for it? When you'll finish your therapy having some cool hobby will help you to get a girl, work on self-improvement and one day you'll benefit from it because it'll make you a more interesting person.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish misfit well. I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome as well, although it's been a very long time since I've really been interested in committing to an emotional relationship with just one girl because I know neither of us could commit. I don't totally understand or coordinate well with social protocol either.

I've had psychiatric problems as well and I didn't ask for help with them much for a long time because I had taken meds that made me miserable since i was 6 years old. But sometimes going to a psych unit can be a refreshing change of sensations/environment, to see people if i've been lonely (I'd recommend therapy first though). However, you have to be careful about which one you go to and especially about your behavior towards some psychiatrists, because what some of them do is largely dependent on how you treat them... many are ENFjs and one bit of rudeness or even bluntness towards some of the ones' whose narcissism is off the chart can lead to being tortured and much less cooperation from them. ENFj's are not usually forgiving and they don't really respect human rights, so make sure you're kind to them if you're under their "care"...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um...YES. Mindfulness IS sometimes very useful. We knew what we were talking about and offered sound advice.
    McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School affiliated, taught on ways mindfulness can be useful in the managing BPD:

"Strong emotions disrupt a person’s ability to think and to be

mindful. This is true for all of us. An inability to think can

lead to even stronger and more dysregulated emotions. This

is of particular concern in people with BPD, who often

experience strong and difficult to control emotions.

• These strong emotions can then lead to destructive,

dangerous, and impulsive behaviors which in turn can

negatively impact important relationships: family, friends,

and treatment providers.

• Mindlessness means that there is no effective awareness and

the pattern repeats over and over again."

and

"Mindfulness also reduces hyperactivity in the amygdala, the part of

the brain that is relatively overactive and is responsible for the

intense emotional reactions in people with BPD.

• By strengthening the attention circuits in your PFC (prefrontal cortex ) and reducing

the reactivity of the amygdala, any person, whether they have BPD

or not, can use mindfulness to experience improved control of

turbulent relational interactions and painful emotions"

https://www.mcleanhospital.org/sites...ss-for-BPD.pdf
    BMC Psychiatry. 2015 Jul 29;15:180. Exploring the relation between childhood trauma, temperamental traits
    and mindfulness in borderline personality disorder. Elices M1,2,3,4
    , Pascual JC5,6,7
    , Carmona C8,9
    , MartínBlanco A10,11,12
    , Feliu-Soler A13,14
    , Ruiz E15
    , Gomà-I-Freixanet M16
    , Pérez V17,18,19
    , Soler J

BMC Psychiatry. 2015 Jul 8;15:154. Group mindfulness based cognitive therapy vs group support for selfinjury among young people: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Rees CS1
    , Hasking P2, Breen LJ3, Lipp OV4, Mamotte C5

Personal Disord. 2012 Oct;3(4):433-41. Ruminative and mindful self-focused attention in borderline
    personality disorder. Sauer SE1
    , Baer RA.

Clin Psychol Psychother. 2014 Jul-Aug;21(4):363-70. Effects of dialectical behaviour therapymindfulness training on emotional reactivity in borderline personality disorder: preliminary results.
    Feliu-Soler A1
    , Pascual JC, Borràs X, Portella MJ, Martín-Blanco A, Armario A, Alvarez E, Pérez V, Soler J.

Int J Psychiatry Clin Pract. 2012 Sep;16(3):189-96. Mindfulness skills in borderline personality
    disorder patients during dialectical behavior therapy: preliminary results. Perroud N1
    , Nicastro
    R, Jermann F, Huguelet P.

Psychol Psychother. 2011 Jun;84(2):184-200. A feasibility study of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for
    individuals with borderline personality disorder. Sachse S
    , Keville S, Feigenbaum J.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well... therapists are required by law to report to authorities (including cops) if they think you are being too "weird" and a danger to yourself or others. But how much they execute this is highly dependent on how much an asshole the therapist wants to be (or how much they think they are being 'caring' or 'professional' but really are just being an asshole themselves as we all know the biggest jerks are most often the ones that refuse to smell their own jerkiness) or how much they personally like you- but they do have this power and responsibility in the real world. I mean it kinda sucks, ppl are supposed to be in therapy to help better themselves by being honest but now they have to walk on eggshells & mostly lie with a lot of things cuz it can be twisted or misunderstood by The Illuminati Reptile Demons.

And sometimes they aren't even being deliberately mean or exerting their authority too much- sometimes they just are sadly misunderstanding you too much. Despite all their schooling and expertise, they still obviously are only going to judge and mentally filter you via their own narcissistic lens. (the average Starr therapist took this way too far but okay this is about you not me. =D)

I'm not trying to dissuade you from therapy, you probably need it but just be careful and pick a person right for you. The best therapist won't coddle you, but be logically objective about the thoughts holding you back so you can be more independent and strong. I wouldn't worry about a 'dual' or a romantic relationship yet until you feel really strong and secure yourself first.

I wouldn't talk about killing yourself because that gives a therapist a lot of legal/cold real world leeway for you to really be under their boot more so than you already are (a therapist-patient relationship has all kinds of legal stuff behind it that you should understand so you don't naively get crushed by the system), that's part of why they are required by law to say things before your sessions like 'everything you say here is confidential unless you talk about killing yourself or hurting somebody else' blah blah. So if you want help, you also might have to help yourself first and reframe things a certain way so people won't overly react and panic and exert authority on you (when what you really need and deserve is help)

Isn't it funny and ironic how we're forced to be logical and objective and aware even when we're at place where we need so much compassion for our mental/emotional states? Well that's America for you.

I mean obviously, I wish people were 'nicer' and didn't play this dumb machievllian power play thing for their own careers but I mean ..... just be careful and selective when choosing a therapist.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All you people probably have the best intentions, but none of you seems to have any idea about what BPD is, let alone how to deal with someone who has BPD. All of you, with the exception of Adam Strange, have fallen into the pitfall Misfit has dug for you, although he most likely had no conscious intention. It's simply what BPD's do. I have a suggestion for all of you:

go to your local bookstore and buy this book:

Only after you have read it from A to Z, come back with your recommendations... if by that time you still have any left. Until then, STFU, which is actually the best thing you can do for Misfit right now.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Well... therapists are required by law to report to authorities (including cops) if they think you are being too "weird" and a danger to yourself or others. But how much they execute this is highly dependent on how much an asshole the therapist wants to be (or how much they think they are being 'caring' or 'professional' but really are just being an asshole themselves as we all know the biggest jerks are most often the ones that refuse to smell their own jerkiness) or how much they personally like you- but they do have this power and responsibility in the real world. I mean it kinda sucks, ppl are supposed to be in therapy to help better themselves by being honest but now they have to walk on eggshells & mostly lie with a lot of things cuz it can be twisted or misunderstood by The Illuminati Reptile Demons.

And sometimes they aren't even being deliberately mean or exerting their authority too much- sometimes they just are sadly misunderstanding you too much. Despite all their schooling and expertise, they still obviously are only going to judge and mentally filter you via their own narcissistic lens. (the average Starr therapist took this way too far but okay this is about you not me. =D)

I'm not trying to dissuade you from therapy, you probably need it but just be careful and pick a person right for you. The best therapist won't coddle you, but be logically objective about the thoughts holding you back so you can be more independent and strong. I wouldn't worry about a 'dual' or a romantic relationship yet until you feel really strong and secure yourself first.

I wouldn't talk about killing yourself because that gives a therapist a lot of legal/cold real world leeway for you to really be under their boot more so than you already are (a therapist-patient relationship has all kinds of legal stuff behind it that you should understand so you don't naively get crushed by the system), that's part of why they are required by law to say things before your sessions like 'everything you say here is confidential unless you talk about killing yourself or hurting somebody else' blah blah. So if you want help, you also might have to help yourself first and reframe things a certain way so people won't overly react and panic and exert authority on you (when what you really need and deserve is help)

Isn't it funny and ironic how we're forced to be logical and objective and aware even when we're at place where we need so much compassion for our mental/emotional states? Well that's America for you.

I mean obviously, I wish people were 'nicer' and didn't play this dumb machievllian power play thing for their own careers but I mean ..... just be careful and selective when choosing a therapist.
    Good god.

YOU WANT A THERAPIST WHO DOES THE REASONABLE THING AND HELPS OUT BY NOTICING AND GETTING LEGAL INVOLVED WHEN YOU ARE AT OBVIOUS RISK OF HARMING A PERSON (INCLUDING YOURSELF). THAT IS NOT 'BEING ANNOYING'. THAT IS LIFE VERSUS DEATH. YES, SAVE PEOPLE FROM ME HARMING THEM.
    WHAT KIND OF ALLY SEES YOU IN TROUBLE AND DOESNT PROTECT PEOPLE FROM YOU WHEN THEY CAN AND ARE OBLIGATED TO?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All you people probably have the best intentions, but none of you seems to have any idea about what BPD is, let alone how to deal with someone who has BPD. All of you, with the exception of Adam Strange, have fallen into the pitfall Misfit has dug for you, although he most likely had no conscious intention. It's simply what BPD's do. I have a suggestion for all of you:

Only after you have read it from A to Z, come back with your recommendations... if by that time you still have any left. Until then, STFU, which is actually the best thing you can do for Misfit right now.
    No.
    Our responses were well-thought out and full of appropriate, research backed advice.

You can go compare our responses with other responses.

It is unnecessary to make the unsupported red herring pronouncement that we were somehow 'taken in' by a snare. Return to our simple statements. Evaluate them. There is no factual basis to the assumption we were taken in by anything.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This horrible book is packaged and presented in a way to profit off of people who were victims of people with BPD. As such, it purposely misrepresents people with BPD and most of the advice it gives on handling people with BPD triggers the person with BPD, usually making matters on both sides worse. That's really all I can say. You sound incredibly ignorant and paranoid in a lot of your posts on this thread and aren't adding much.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try
    multi-vitamin
    weed
    magnesium (with calcium every other day)
    5-HTP
    try to eat a better diet
    get exercise

Call me in a week

edit: you might also want to try some Ashwagandha root with the 5-htp. They have similar mood stabilizing activators.
    Last edited by Nobody; 08-15-2020 at 03:10 PM.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I'd also like to add that I'd be careful what you say to a therapist or psychiatrist, should you choose to see one. If you admit to suicidal thoughts, they are legally bound to have you locked up in a mental institution. Otherwise they could lose their practicing license if a patient ends up committing suicide and it was known that they knew they were at risk. There's also other problems and other conflicts of interest involved. This guy used to be a therapist and talks about why he quit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Fi32LbXHA&vl=en) and has a pretty interesting youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/dmackler58/videos).

Cause it's always better to know what your getting into before getting into it, right?