Default I know *exactly* how you feel?

Has an Fi-dom. ever said this to you?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If so, I can't remember the specifics, but Fi-doms have definitely told me that I don't know what they are thinking. Lol. When I often do.

Or think I do.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not really by those words. ~90% accurate but I have my own ones, thank you very much and those are quite eccentric and if say those aloud most people are perplexed.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If we can put standard on things (namely introverted functions that condeses things to its forms) it kind of make me wonder about subjectivity of our experience.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

may to say any F type, especially with N

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm specifically thinking of this scene from The Matrix.

https://youtu.be/d8197zMgHVs?t=61

Morpheus (ESI) asks Neo whether he believes in faith. When Neo says no, Morpheus tells him "I know exactly what you mean."

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda agree with Sol here, but sure I remember instances with EIIs especially.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    I'm specifically thinking of this scene from The Matrix.

https://youtu.be/d8197zMgHVs?t=61

Morpheus (ESI) asks Neo whether he believes in faith. When Neo says no, Morpheus tells him "I know exactly what you mean."
    I think Morpheus asked him if he believes in fate, not faith. Nevertheless, that is a scene with very religious overtones.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think Morpheus asked him if he believes in fate, not faith. Nevertheless, that is a scene with very religious overtones.
    Typo.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno about that example from The Matrix. Morpheus says "I know exactly what you mean" regarding Neo wanting to feel he has control over his life rather than believing in fate which to him suggests it's all predetermined (a lot of people feel that way about fate, so obviously Morpheus thinks this is deeper than that since inside The Matrix one is bound to predetermined programing and so it's quite literally being inside a prison). Morpheus proceeds to tell him about this feeling that something is wrong with the world (that feeling is linked to why someone in the matrix might find "fate" a touchy subject--on some level the prisoner knows they are a prisoner), and asks if he knows what's he's talking about. Most likely this feeling is actually shared by everyone in the matrix (though there will be nuances per the individual and some will blot it from their minds better than others), so Morpheus is actually alluding to a phenomenon. Neo likely isn't the first person he's brought out of the matrix. It is a spiritual analogy to the experience of a human in the world, but it's much more on the nose in a way spirituality can't be since the movie has narrow bounds. It's a metaphor.

The closest to this I've encountered was when people tried to convert me to evangelical Christianity. They would try to make me think I perceive something I don't and manipulate any distress they were able to get to show as proving their point. They wanted to be like Morpheus but they were simply false.

Anyway, I don't know why would be more likely to tell someone they know exactly how they feel than though the contexts may vary. I suppose the way Morpheus is describing the sense of something being wrong with the world is more as it's getting at something felt deep inside, but it's really more about intuition IMO than ethics in this case.

I mean I do think types will probe inner feelings sometimes in ways PoLR hates but their duals who don't want to express emotion in an effusive way () and struggle to even put words to it, appreciate. Obviously PoLR won't like that and will be more likely to feel invaded in a way it doesn't appreciate.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-13-2020 at 07:34 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whatever the type it feels sickly and manipulative as hell. Like you are obviously setting a person up for a trap where you claim to know exactly how they feel, so they then share more feelings/personal crap with them where then they would just twist to suit their own agenda and completely backstab/kill you with maybe or just really try to permanently hurt you in some way but they themselves gain.

To be fair to all quadras I can see an "Unhealthy" EII AND EIE doing this. And also LIE/ESE maybe?

It's also possible, to not be so cynical, that the person really is just genuinely relating but without the proper context it just comes across as the other way lol (and in most IRL grimdark situations I think people experience it as the former and not the latter.)

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you are just talking about a narcissist who you thought he was an EII Or Any other type and that doesn't have to be manipulative. but it's okay I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Whatever the type it feels sickly and manipulative as hell. Like you are obviously setting a person up for a trap where you claim to know exactly how they feel, so they then share more feelings/personal crap with them where then they would just twist to suit their own agenda and completely backstab/kill you with maybe or just really try to permanently hurt you in some way but they themselves gain.

To be fair to all quadras I can see an "Unhealthy" EII AND EIE doing this. And also LIE/ESE maybe?

It's also possible, to not be so cynical, that the person really is just genuinely relating but without the proper context it just comes across as the other way lol (and in most IRL grimdark situations I think people experience it as the former and not the latter.)

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an Fi-dom and i admit that i use this 'manipulative' word.

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Has an Fi-dom. ever said this to you?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a common expression that I've heard from most types - a lot of Ips seem to use it. Fi-types tend to be detached enough to get fairly objective views of others. They may not be the most empathetic but those with intelligence (and who've actually spent some time contemplating someone else's behaviour) can be quite perceptive about motivations and mindset, and many make use of their insight.

a.k.a. I/O