TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    What do you think about this?
    There's no "female" version of the procedure practiced to any noticable degree anywhere AFAIK. What is labeled as such is something very different and much more drastic.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female circumcision is absolutely disgusting and wrong and used as another way to control women. It's a violation of women's rights. Circumcision is the wrong word--it's female genital mutilation.

Male circumcision is a bit out of my frame of reference.

The two however are not comparable. If male circumcision involved cutting off the entire tip of the penis or something as an age old practice to oppress men, then it would be more easy to compare. Male circumcision started out as a health thing I guess, though it doesn't seem to have any necessity. So stepping outside my frame of reference I don't really understand the point in doing it. It seems it continues as a cultural practice because it was always done that way. Honestly, I'm heavily leaning against it, I just can't seem to take the final step mainly because I'm not male.

Ugh, I was reading about it more and I don't know. I guess the health arguments are reasonable. Someone else can decide, one can't have a position on everything.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-12-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female Circumcision is OK, Male is Wrong (jk haha funny)

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just cuz they're not the same that doesn't mean they both aren't bad to force upon a child, how about letting ppl make that decision themselves when they're old enough to choose. Jews and Muslims in Sweden are seething cuz we don't wanna make it part of our healthcare plan to offer taxpaid circumcisions for religious reasons anymore, so they have to pay the entire cost themselves if they wanna mutilate their child, but I think that's good! Personally I think it should be illegal to make that choice for someone else, even your child, but oh well.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    Female circumcision is absolutely disgusting and wrong and used as another way to control women. It's a violation of women's rights. Circumcision is the wrong word--it's female genital mutilation.
    I'm a male but I agree with you. It's a Si-valuing take on this matter, I guess.

Male circumcision is a bit out of my frame of reference.
    My take on this is: Mal circumcision if it's necessary for a medical reason.

I know that male circumcision is also a rite in some religions, but that doesn't make much sense to me.
    How does member of the same religion introduce each other at meeting? By dropping their pants?
    Useful at a nudist camp but probably not in a prayer room.

It's also no unmistakable sign for being a member of a religious confession... but the origins are body modification to indicate being a member of a clan or tribal, like lip plates or lip pegs.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invented by some dirty dick dude who didn’t know how to wash his dick

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or a sadistic guy came up with it as a method of torture.
    The practice of circumcision began at least a few thousand years ago.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Or a sadistic guy came up with it as a method of torture.
    The practice of circumcision began at least a few thousand years ago.
    Torturing his own prehistoric dinosaur dick

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    My take on this is: Mal circumcision if it's necessary for a medical reason.
    I agree with this as the only acceptable form of it / reason. I knew a person like this.

I read somewhere that circumcision reduces pleasure by 90%.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's still mutilating someone's body, so I can be against it, and I'd agree it's better for someone to have the right to choose for themselves when they are old enough. Because not like foreskin can't be removed at any time. If the choice is back with the individual it's no longer a moral problem.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like this thread may get really popular. I don't have the energy to click Like on every post from now on, so just assume that's my intent.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A newborn infant can't say no. I know a lot of guys who wish they hadn't been circumcised but they were never asked.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was like 8 when some teacher decided we had to learn about female genital mutilation from a documentary. It was quite the horror show, watching blood run down between a little girl's legs, seeing little girls crying on a screen. A bloody razor blade, the only one that was used one the many girls one after the other. They were what, 5-6 y-o? It was horrid.
    Generaly, it's a woman who does this, believing they are doing what is best for those kids. It's what was done to them after all, with the best of intentions of living up to some societal standard. It's horrifying how some women are willing to mutilate their daughters out of fear for them.
    They do that because they believe the clitoris contains some evil spirit, because what else could female pleasure be beside evil? In some culture, they only cut off the clit, in some others the inner labia are also removed, some practice also include sewing of the remaining skin into some closed shape with only a small hole to allow blood flow and penetration. In this last sewing practice, they have to undo the stiching to allow for childbirth, and then they sew it back together in general.

Do I have to say I'm against all of this nonsense...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably also sets women up to be abused in marriage. They will probably be more likely to find sex traumatizing or not want to have sex, and be beaten for "not pleasing their husbands."

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    I was like 8 when some teacher decided we had to learn about female genital mutilation from a documentary. It was quite the horror show, watching blood run down between a little girl's legs, seeing little girls crying on a screen. A bloody razor blade, the only one that was used one the many girls one after the other. They were what, 5-6 y-o? It was horrid.
    Generaly, it's a woman who does this, believing they are doing what is best for those kids. It's what was done to them after all, with the best of intentions of living up to some societal standard. It's horrifying how some women are willing to mutilate their daughters out of fear for them.
    They do that because they believe the clitoris contains some evil spirit, because what else could female pleasure be beside evil? In some culture, they only cut off the clit, in some others the inner labia are also removed, some practice also include sewing of the remaining skin into some closed shape with only a small hole to allow blood flow and penetration. In this last sewing practice, they have to undo the stiching to allow for childbirth, and then they sew it back together in general.

Do I have to say I'm against all of this nonsense...
    Fucking horrible

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably also sets women up to be abused in marriage. They will probably be more likely to find sex traumatizing or not want to have sex, and be beaten for "not pleasing their husbands."
    Seems to be the idea behind it. Ironically that sentiment is probably the case too in areas where male circumcision is followed... they probably put more pressure on the woman for pleasuring the man anyway, and have more pressure towards the man too while making it more difficult, pleasureless and dangerous for everyone.