SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this man (LII?)

This is the father of a friend of mine

We think he is LII (C subtype)

What do you think? His videos are a little strange.

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he reading from his diary?

The nature of these videos makes me think Si-valuing. He’s obviously an introvert, but I don’t think he’s an Si-base, for two reasons: firstly, he always seems a little awkward in how he holds himself, and secondly, though I’m not the best judge of this and it’s hard to explain, to me his attempts at expressing Si themes seems somewhat shallow. I can perhaps try to explain what I mean more if requested. Do you, Tallmo, or other Si people have thoughts on this?

Anyway, if this is correct, that would leave only EII and LII. I think LII is the better choice.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen any indication that suggests that he could be LXI(Ti base-Fe seeking). What makes you both think that?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think he might be an Alpha NT, but I'm not sure. I don't think he has the "smoothness" or depth that I associate with male EII's. Hard to explain.

In the second video, I see Ne. He changes the clothes he appears in because...why not? He kind of reminds me of Rick Sanchez in Rick & Morty. He's in his own strange world and he's quite familiar with its rules, but they don't make sense to anyone else.

After watching the entire second video, I'll say ILE.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman @myresearch @Adam Strange

Good question, why do I think LII? I am not sure, because I have never met him. But there are some things I know about him.

I agree with Freelance that he seems introverted and Si valuing. His videos are possibly a hint at weak, valued Fe. He mixes his poems with random videos from were he lives, often distorted. He doesn't really invite the listener to his world. The editing seems to be minimal, but there has definitely been some kind of effort, although some things are improvised. Sitting in his chair he grabs the remote control to adjust the zooming, then continues reading. The way he speaks is unnatural, no real emotions, although expressive intention. Detached. And then there's the music that he has in almost all videos.

Some facts: His ex-wife is EIE, his two children LII. He was an entrepreneur for awhile. Intelligent. Eccentric.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 08-11-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb INFP

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII makes sense, especially considering the glasses.

Those hand gestures are pretty gay by the way. Definitively Se-PoLR.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Tallmo
    In case you want a truth, but not conformistic agreements - when you ask about types do not say your opinion beforehand and especially in the title.
    It's more important when you ask noobs and people of F types about T region, as those are lesser assured in own opinions and so have higher conformism. In case opinions of noobs you may take as significant, and more - about famouses about which there is no normal typing data, what reduces the assurance and arises the conformism additionally.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Tallmo
    In case you want a truth, but not conformistic agreements - when you ask about types do not say your opinion beforehand and especially in the title.
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. This time I felt like mentioning my LII typing of him. We're all having a discussion here. Of course we all influence each other all the time. I guess I felt like giving my typing of him so that people could react on it.

You said mb INFP. I can understand that he might seem like that type.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Is he reading from his diary?

The nature of these videos makes me think Si-valuing. He’s obviously an introvert, but I don’t think he’s an Si-base, for two reasons: firstly, he always seems a little awkward in how he holds himself, and secondly, though I’m not the best judge of this and it’s hard to explain, to me his attempts at expressing Si themes seems somewhat shallow. I can perhaps try to explain what I mean more if requested. Do you, Tallmo, or other Si people have thoughts on this?
    yes, please elaborate if you can.

I don't see Si base either, because to me he seems more like a rational. He seems very much in control.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Ne-ILE (maybe Ni harmonizing subtype), but hard to judge when I don't understand a word he's saying. Dude looks a bit like a pic of @COVID 007 I saw.
    To the behaviours: Listening to classical music while reciting what appears poetry, being shirtless/drinking/smoking? Easy to recognize a fellow sx/so
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 08-12-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, what I know about LII's is that they might hit a wall when it comes to even understanding poetry at least in real time (LSI can be another one). Just don't ask the reason - it seems like they hit a wall in darkness.

Anecdotally, when Oppenheimer was working at Göttingen, Dirac supposedly came to him one day and said: "Oppenheimer, they tell me you are writing poetry. I do not see how a man can work on the frontiers of physics and write poetry at the same time. They are in opposition. In science you want to say something that nobody knew before, in words which everyone can understand. In poetry you are bound to say... something that everybody knows already in words that nobody can understand."
    - Paul Dirac
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 08-13-2020 at 04:17 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    yes, please elaborate if you can.
    The easiest way I can think to say it is that the Si he expresses seems subdued. To my understanding, the higher the Si, the more enthralled the user is to the sensory expressions he experiences. But the man in the video seems interested in it only somewhat: the videos seem put together somewhat...haphazardly, I suppose. I would say they evoke some nice feelings, and maybe they hold especial value for their creator, but they give me the impression their creator was content to just leave it at that. It's hard to explain what's not there, but as some examples -- the music is pleasant, but it's not really tied to anything in the video, and doesn't evoke anything but a sense of nostalgia. The music is also sometimes too loud to hear his voice clearly. When scenes change, there doesn't seem to be an artistic reason for it. It doesn't seem like the creator cared to make them speak to the subjective senses more powerfully, and I think because of that his use of Si is only peripheral.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    The easiest way I can think to say it is that the Si he expresses seems subdued. To my understanding, the higher the Si, the more enthralled the user is to the sensory expressions he experiences. But the man in the video seems interested in it only somewhat: the videos seem put together somewhat...haphazardly, I suppose. I would say they evoke some nice feelings, and maybe they hold especial value for their creator, but they give me the impression their creator was content to just leave it at that. It's hard to explain what's not there, but as some examples -- the music is pleasant, but it's not really tied to anything in the video, and doesn't evoke anything but a sense of nostalgia. The music is also sometimes too loud to hear his voice clearly. When scenes change, there doesn't seem to be an artistic reason for it. It doesn't seem like the creator cared to make them speak to the subjective senses more powerfully, and I think because of that his use of Si is only peripheral.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense.
    yes, I agree. This is a very strong impression I get also. The videos are not that good. There is effort and he has included some components like music and scenery, but as you said, it is haphazardly put together. The nostalgia of the music makes it even more weird. This made me think of weak and valued Fe, maybe also Si.

I was thinking that the Si shows in his appearance, but I am not sure. Slow movements and the way he smokes his cigarettes.

(Jung on Si)