Thread: Help type me! (Fi/Te, probably EII)

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help type me! (Fi/Te, probably EII)

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    [COLOR=var(--text-normal)]I'm currently an undecided major, but I'm leaning toward language teaching. I like helping kids out and helping them explore their paths. I've always had a thing for linguistics because I'm relatively good at it naturally and the tongue is a great way to communicate with others.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--text-normal)]What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I do read, but more randomly. Some days I won't read at all, others I'll read 100 pages in one sitting. I also like biking and walking leisurely, I often listen to music or talk to a friend while doing it. Learning about history is pretty cool, I just like reading about what people - especially those who lived decades ago - did on a quotidian basis. I exercise often using some apps on my phone or YouTube channels simply to get my aggression out.

What are your values, and why?
    Treat everyone as an individual because I always thought having a grudge over something that happened between your grandfathers is stupid. I'm an anti-escapist as well, I have a good dream world, but I know not to get lost in those dreams. There's no use in using drugs, sex, whatnot to avoid what's inevitable. I try to face it head on even if it's hard for me to do so at times.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    My relationships with family and friends consist more of them talking and me listening. I don't mind comforting others, but what I do dislike is others constantly complaining. With people with whom I'm closer, it'll often consist of leisurely activities that aren't planned much before. We'll settle on a date and time and then go to a random Ecuadorian restaurant we never tried or something of the like, just to shake things up a bit.
    [COLOR=var(--text-normal)]What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I look for friends who are loyal, open to new ideas, and just like to enjoy life. Also friends who don't complain too much and are open to more personal 1 on 1 conversations. I've never had a serious romantic relationship, but if I were to, I'd want my partner to be organised, truthful, and open to alone time.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

Some conflicts happen over me being relatively closed off. Sometimes people don't understand my sense of humour and that leads to trouble, I usually end up apologising. I don't usually get into conflicts, however.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?
    My strengths are being able to come up with plans, listen well, comfort others, advising others, an pushing people onto paths toward a better future. I've been told from others that they like my optimism, creativity, and how well I get along with others. I like how I'm open to many new ideas, am good at listening, and good at coming up with routines/schedules.
    [COLOR=var(--text-normal)]What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My weaknesses are being hesitant to take action, not taking enough risks, and being too closed off from some. Others tell me that I'm too quick to run away and a bit too strung up at times. I dislike how I don't do well in fast paced environments and how I sometimes let the smallest obstacle block me from my goal.

[COLOR=var(--text-normal)]In what areas of life can you manage well? In what do you need help?
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--text-normal)]I can manage well on my own in terms of managing emotions, following a schedule, and keeping clean. However, it'd be nice to have help to unwind and pursue my goals more ferociously.

[/COLOR][COLOR=var(--text-normal)]What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I dislike doing mundane chores, but I love thinking about the future and being out and about in a slow paced environment, along with seeing old friends. I think a lot of others dislike just thinking, but I usually am all for it.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?
    I want to graduate from university, have a nice job that allows me to move around every once in awhile and a good, close group of friends. I desire some stability but not to a boring extent and I like friends.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?

I'd take up volunteering, exercise more, and try to make more friends.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    I like it when people know exactly what they want and are decisive. However, I'm annoyed by hedonism and constant wanting of new things. Be happy with what you have.
    [/COLOR]

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?
    I have a few small decorations around like a painting of a Parisian cafe and a metal figure of a moose. I don't do much, I mostly maintain it (throw away the trash, sweep the floors, etc.)

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?
    After I accomplished something that leads me toward future milestones (graduating, getting my licence, etc.) and reflecting upon it after all was said and done.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I tend to be quite reserved around strangers. I'm like the person who smiles and nods. I don't like provoking anyone, but I also want to be friendly.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I'd try to defuse the situation first with words. If that doesn't work, I'd be ready to be on the defence be it physically or mentally.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I was stuck in a rut before when I felt aimless during high school and like there was no way out. I became very lethargic. I did my work, but put the bare minimum in. My grades slipped from As and Bs to Ds. I became more withdrawn.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    I'd be interested if there were some kind of purpose to it, but if not, no. I'd like for it to be a small business and pertain to something that helps people or improves daily life. Maybe we could sell some kind of appliance? I'd need that initial idea first to comment fully. I'd be manager, but I'd mostly leave the dirty work up to smaller departments/subsections.

How do you dress or manage your appearance
    ?
    I dress rather casually, often in darker colours. I keep my hair short as is typical for guys and is easier to manage. I like to wear loose fitting clothes, shorts with a lot of pockets in summer (just in case). When I dress formally, I go all out as I have an interest in vintage men's fashion. I refuse to have my hair dyed or wear any make up as I'm perfectly content with my regular looks.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?
    I was a very a quiet and dreamy child, often sensitive. I was popular amongst the ladies when I was little because I was the guy who wouldn't mind talking about feelings and emotions. Now, I'm more reserved with my emotions and scarcely show them, but I still don't mind talking about others' emotions, just not my own. I have an idealistic side, I do hope the best for everyone, but I'm also more grounded.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    I like most kids. I dislike the crying, tantrums, and craziness that comes with some of them, but we've all had that at some point. Some attitudes rub me the wrong way, but at younger ages, it's probably due to the parents' influence. I like how kids can essentially be molded into anything and choose from many different paths.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?
    Attention validates us in a sense, some of us need it more than others. I personally don't need much and thus I don't seek it out. I like acknowledgement of what I've done right, but I prefer it one on one. I don't like large displays of appreciation towards me.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I view it as a serious thing and something that should not be tampered with, so you better think twice before taking on a task. Others should view responsibility the same. If you say you're to do something, do it. I'd rather have someone say no in the early stages so we get over it quickly.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what approach would you take, and why?
    My biggest concerns would be helping my child succeed. Success should be measured by his own words, not mine. I'd like to be supportive of him as much as I can be. I'd want to be the father who's uplifting, a constant force of good and positivity, but also able to let him down gently. I would raise him within a structure that offers choices. A good example would be some of the more free range private schools in the US where the child can choose from multiple subjects at a young age, but is still within a system that allows him to grow.
    What is your biggest accomplishment?
    My biggest accomplishment is figuring everything out mentally. It's all still subject to change, of course, but I'd like to think I've made good progress. I've also altered my mind and its reactions quite a bit mentally by repeating dogma to myself. I've become a much harder worker and healthier person in general by doing this.

What was (or is) your high school experience like?
    My high school experience was alright. I had a few friends, but they were all school friends. We'd sit together at lunch and talk in class, that was mostly it. I never got involved in drama and I had no enemies. A lot of people asked me for homework help because they thought I was very smart despite my grades only being a tad above average (60-65th percentile of the class if I recall), I usually said yes.

What is something you regret?
    I regret being so impatient and emotional when I was a child. Had I exercised better caution, I could've set up a better future for myself.

Who do you admire, and why?
    I admire people who are compassionate, determined, decisive, and humanitarian. Eleanor Roosevelt is a good example of this. She was well known for her humanitarian work, was near restless, and constantly gave, but also maintained a lively circle of friends. Those who can connect others regardless of differences and unify is also an admirable trait.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    I've been a bit worried about the virus, not its spread, but rather what the world will look like after. I haven't encountered problems so much, perhaps managing my time better.

What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I am agnostic. I was raised Methodist, but I decided that I cannot put all my eggs in one basket. I became atheist for awhile, but after reading up on the supernatural and reflecting on some past events, I've determined that there is a possibility the spiritual does exist. However, I cannot confirm this, so I'm hesitant to cling to any one thing.
    What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    I believe in individualism to the extent it does not harm others, a basic level of concern of safety for yourself and those around you, and the freedom to self actualise. As for the extent I care, I am a registered Democrat, but that's more so I can vote in the primaries rather than 100% believing in the party. I read up on the big things that are happening, but I'm not concerned with the small details.
    What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    I prefer a work environment that's productive, goal oriented, friendly, and not too quick paced. I wish that jobs would lay out a clear list of tasks you need to do for the day, you do them, get paid, go home, and that's it. It's unfair how someone can do twice as much work than someone else and be paid the same. Pay should reflect level and quality of work. I look for the previously written in a job.
    What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    History was my favourite subject in middle school because it's interesting to learn about other people, cultures, and languages and how it relates to today. It then became Spanish because I love speaking as if I'm part of another culture, I like seeing all the etymological connections that come from Latin (did you know cebolla, Spanish for onion, is related to the word chive?), and having access to a whole other part of the internet.

What is one common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong?
    Life is not about continuous pleasure. You should avoid unnecessary suffering, but remember that it is man's nature to overcome. Imagine if we just put down all weapons when we saw the creatures of the wild that were stronger. We would have never arrived to civilisation today. Humanity is flawed, but that does not mean it is hopeless.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    I went to a midsized city nearby. I hung out with some friends from the area. I liked it because I got to talk to people profoundly and view nice scenery.

Talk about a significant event from your life
    My mother's boyfriend was a thief and stole tens of thousands of dollars from her in cash and assets, some of which he just took, others of which she gave willingly. She thought he was just misunderstood and needed help. This made me sceptical of the idea of relationships for some years and even caused me to identify as aromantic. I no longer view myself like that, but this was my first closer exposure to the darkness of human nature and how easily someone can be fooled.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one
    I view people as a bag full of opportunity and wasted opportunity. It's our job not to waste that opportunity in order to help ourselves to the fullest. Then there's forgoing opportunity, not just temporarily, but permanently. This creates apathy. In the industrialised world, decades without a severe depression and war have propagated this apathy. Yes, forget about goals, life is meaningless, do nothing. How do I feel about apathy? Well, this quote from a character from game I never played sums it up.

"Apathy is death. Worse than death because at least a rotting corpse feeds the beast and insects." - Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    I try to see things from their point of view and convince them. I try to be subtle about it and not bring it up directly.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    I'm only comfortable when it seems like I'm the only person getting things done and that there's no better option. If someone else is already the leader (by default or de facto), I will respect that and give them the position. I prefer to be a more motivational leader as I'm not very forceful and would rather everyone do what's best for them rather than pushing them on a specific path.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    I rarely get angry, I usually get disappointed. Things that make me angry are when others go back on promises, don't do what they're supposed to do, and are unnecessarily ride.

What is one unusual trait or ability you possess? What makes you special?
    I possess a good ability of knowing my own mental processes and self. Like I said earlier, I was easily able to alter my mind set by just repeating dogma to myself. It's an ability that comes in handy.
    What is your sense of humor like? Do you joke around a lot?
    My sense of humour is often dry, but sometimes it's based on eccentricity. I don't joke around too much, only if the situation calls for it, and sometimes around people with whom I'm close.

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?
    I'd try to comfort them and get to the root of the problem, maybe give them small pieces of advice and tell them to look at the bright side. I'd feel sad and perhaps worried depending on the situation.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    The best thing that happened to me is getting the largest paycheck I've ever gotten.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Having to deal with this whole virus stuff, it's confusing.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    The purpose of life is to improve ourselves and find purpose even admist the chaos. I find goals, improving the future, connecting with others, and taking care of my health to be meaningful.
    What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    Niagara Falls because of how beautiful it was. I liked feeling the sensation of water against me and seeing all the people from around the world there.
    Do you like surprises?
    I like smaller surprises generally, but I don't like the suspense of having to await something large.

[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]